PDA

View Full Version : Fog on new free makes me ill

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
they need to fix that fog on dragon ex free quest,i played around 30 minutes and im starting to feel really ill holy .....
Its very sad cause the map is awesome when the fog disappears.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
Agreed, fog is not that bad but the problem is that is on like 90% of the time. I was getting sick after like 30 mins or so. You gotta force your eyesight too much with that fog.

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 10:33 AM
Someone that speaks japanese should submit a ticket about his problem.
Im playing for fun not to become nauseous...

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
add 3D slider option!

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 11:49 AM
3D Slider option??

Daemyn
Apr 10, 2013, 11:53 AM
I hardly notice the fog :/ out of either fog I have seen in the new area.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 11:57 AM
maybe you play at low end graphics? Or were very lucky. In all the runs I've done there it was foggy most of the time.

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 12:13 PM
My brother is playing on the lowest possible and it still has that annoying fog.
Its a Screen Filter of some kind,its much worse than the one used on the team room spa belive me.
The fog occurs like 90% of the time on the dragon ex free quest.
It doesn't show up that much on Ark quests.

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2013, 12:24 PM
3D Slider option??

fog hurts you eyes/makes you sick
3D on 3DS hurts a lot of people's eyes/makes em sick
3D slider = turn special effects off
3D slider in this game = fog slider

Hmm that's a joke with 4 walls... I guess it's too advanced even though it wasn't that funny...

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 01:00 PM
I think it's the artificial tunnel vision that does it. It gives me a bit of a headache. I get the same feeling from a tiny viewangle on this monitor.

jooozek
Apr 10, 2013, 01:03 PM
someone go tell sega to put a switch in for disabling all that weather shit
its all atrocious

untrustful
Apr 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
I guess it's easier to handle for people with one eye then.

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
Either way they need to fix this,if i knew japanese i would send a ticket to sega,but i dont know lol.
So i hope people tell them to disable that horrible fog filter or the players will start to throw up after 1 hour of farm lol.

Daemyn
Apr 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
I have astigmatism so maybe that is why it never seems to matter much to me with or without the fog.

Aeris
Apr 10, 2013, 03:47 PM
Motion sickness i see with some games that does affect people to the point they can only play like 30 mins to 1 hour at a time.

sesiom000
Apr 10, 2013, 05:03 PM
i got around 1600 hours with my 2 characters and i never experienced this so obviously its the map and filter problem not the player problem.
And ppl said above they were having issues too...

Saffran
Apr 11, 2013, 04:47 AM
What next? Floating Continent on the ground because some player somewhere is afraid of heights?

Rien
Apr 11, 2013, 04:55 AM
What next? Floating Continent on the ground because some player somewhere is afraid of heights?

I think the desert quicksand vibe woulda triggered it before skylands...

Saffran
Apr 11, 2013, 05:04 AM
I guess it's a matter of proportion.
I didn't feel anything while playing there but even if I did, I'd just go on with my life.
It's a mysterious maze plunged in fog. Who am I to demand the fog be removed?

Then again, this is SEGA. If more than 100 people ask, they'll probably ditch it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 11, 2013, 05:05 AM
Smoke weed everyday
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/CyronTanryoku/pso20130411_020055_000_zps6c733874.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yeah I hate this fog

Alisha
Apr 11, 2013, 05:31 AM
the hell? i have no problem at all....
zondeel on the other hand....

Darki
Apr 11, 2013, 06:07 AM
I guess it's a matter of proportion.
I didn't feel anything while playing there but even if I did, I'd just go on with my life.
It's a mysterious maze plunged in fog. Who am I to demand the fog be removed?

Then again, this is SEGA. If more than 100 people ask, they'll probably ditch it.

Player wellbeing goes before game context. If that fog causes many players (like me) to feel sick and even nauseated because we gotta strain our eyesight and many of us come with some eyesight problems to begin with (like me), it has to be fixed. Who are you to demand from us to feel sick to be able to play a new stage? If you'd "just go on with your life", congratulations, you're a tough kid. I'd rather be a healthy kid. I wear glasses already, I don't want them more expensive.

And to clarify things, I don't want the fog removed. We have fog in other areas like forest or caves and nobody complained about it, same with desert sandstorms. The problem is that fog appears way for too long in Dragon Altar. I played there yesterday's evening for like 6 hours and I can only remember having like less than 30 minutes total with a different weather effect. I don't see what damage would it make to have the fog appear more ocasionally.

Alenoir
Apr 11, 2013, 09:01 AM

You mean, ECHO is afraid of height.

Motion sickness i see with some games that does affect people to the point they can only play like 30 mins to 1 hour at a time.

Only on a mouse. Much more tolerable if the game's played with a controller. What triggers motion sickness is how often/fast the screen moves (and the point of view, depending on person). I had no problem with the Alter fields yesterday, but guess I wasn't there long enough.

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah...it just needs the viewangle increased. It chokes the view. If it was all covered like that I'd be okay with it. It's not, though, so I wind up with this tiny tunnel vision, and it makes me a bit nauseous and gives me a headache. I don't get this with proper viewangles. It's not at all an unusual problem, either. The fact that some people don't get it doesn't mean it isn't real. It is not the same as a phobia. It is an automatic physiological response (although, so is a phobia to some degrees - but they're still not the same).

Increasing the coverage to the entire screen, reducing coverage to just the edges like the red low HP glow, or significantly increasing visibility at the edges should help. I don't have this effect in desert's sandstorms, or tundra's blizzards, because those are total coverage, even though they're comparable in visibility restrictions.

Gama
Apr 11, 2013, 09:50 AM
rainbow fog?

wtf?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 11, 2013, 10:16 AM
The heck...I was expecting this fog to be a pain considering all the complaining I see and because I'm half blind...

Nope, nothing. The fog is pretty damn awesome, actually. >.>;

jooozek
Apr 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
the fog is terrible
its basically aura emulation
i can't look straight at my display when this fog happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8

RedRaz0r
Apr 11, 2013, 11:17 AM
The heck...I was expecting this fog to be a pain considering all the complaining I see and because I'm half blind...

Nope, nothing. The fog is pretty damn awesome, actually. >.>;

As i was reading the blasphemy on this thread,.i was thinking the exact same thing...

This fog is pretty awesome.

I thought these were forums for gamers, not whiners? Oh wait...

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2013, 11:19 AM
There are an awful lot of people here that I would completely expect to say "Oh I get migraines all the time, I just power through them."

sesiom000
Apr 11, 2013, 11:28 AM
I played silent hill games and its the best game ever to implement fog ever, and i never had motion sickness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21s45Yel5VM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21s45Yel5VM

Enforcer MKV
Apr 11, 2013, 11:47 AM
As i was reading the blasphemy on this thread,.i was thinking the exact same thing...

This fog is pretty awesome.

I thought these were forums for gamers, not whiny lolis? Oh wait...

Eh, I was mostly concerned because some of the peeps mentioned having sight problems, and I do as well. I'm just happy it doesn't bug me, because I love the area. Calling them whiny lolis is unfair, though. Some of these people (and I'm taking this on good faith, mind you) have problems with their eyes, and this could legitimately affect their vision. I know there are times when visual effects in games hurt my eye, or give me headaches, so I can sympathize with them.

As Giga said, just because it doesn't affect some of us, doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.

Saffran
Apr 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Player wellbeing goes before game context.
I played there yesterday's evening for like 6 hours

You, sir, have won the internets.

>As Giga said, just because it doesn't affect some of us, doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.

I'm not denying it's a problem for them.
If I had that condition, I'd assume it's me and maybe a couple of others and I wouldn't fuss about it. Sure, if it turned out half the population had the same infliction, I'd say SEGA should look into changing it. But that's not the premise of this thread, is it? The premise of this thread is "Oh this makes *me* uneasy, you have an hour to fix this". And I disagree with that attitude.

A couple of searches on japanese sites would indicate that indeed a very small proportion of people are complaining about it. Who knows? Maybe it's a full fledged issue, maybe it's just a few dozen people. We'll have to wait and see.

Zyrusticae
Apr 11, 2013, 12:30 PM
The fog is just lazily implemented. The screen parallax effect that is completely out of sync with the rest of the world is really, really bad. They've gotta do something about that, at the very least.

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2013, 12:30 PM

>As Giga said, just because it doesn't affect some of us, doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.

I'm not denying it's a problem for them.
If I had that condition, I'd assume it's me and maybe a couple of others and I wouldn't fuss about it. Sure, if it turned out half the population had the same infliction, I'd say SEGA should look into changing it. But that's not the premise of this thread, is it? The premise of this thread is "Oh this makes *me* uneasy, you have an hour to fix this". And I disagree with that attitude.

A couple of searches on japanese sites would indicate that indeed a very small proportion of people are complaining about it. Who knows? Maybe it's a full fledged issue, maybe it's just a few dozen people. We'll have to wait and see.

No, you would not. When it's your health that is affected you do not hush up because it's just you. Go play in traffic, get hit by a truck, depend on a wheelchair to get around for the rest of your life, and then let me know how little of a fuss you make when buildings aren't wheelchair accessible.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 11, 2013, 12:33 PM
No, you would not. When it's your health that is affected you do not hush up because it's just you. Go play in traffic, get hit by a truck, depend on a wheelchair to get around for the rest of your life, and then let me know how little of a fuss you make when buildings aren't wheelchair accessible.

Giga, while I understand the point you're trying to make, those examples are worlds apart.

Get hit by a moving vehicle and having your body crippled is not on par with getting migraines from a video game.

RedRaz0r
Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 PM
Eh, I was mostly concerned because some of the peeps mentioned having sight problems, and I do as well. I'm just happy it doesn't bug me, because I love the area. Calling them whiny lolis is unfair, though. Some of these people (and I'm taking this on good faith, mind you) have problems with their eyes, and this could legitimately affect their vision. I know there are times when visual effects in games hurt my eye, or give me headaches, so I can sympathize with them.

As Giga said, just because it doesn't affect some of us, doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.

I guess that came off a little wrong, lol my bad!

I wasn't trying to call everyone is this thready whiny lolis...I was more trying to make a joke on how many people on PSOW play loli type characters. My apologies for sounding like a total asshole

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
Giga, while I understand the point you're trying to make, those examples are worlds apart.

Get hit by a moving vehicle and having your body crippled is not on par with getting migraines from a video game.

Oh, I am very well aware of the difference. The comparison holds. You do not hush up just because something affects a minority's wellbeing. You speak louder.

Railkune
Apr 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hm. The fog hasn't bothered me at all since I've been playing. Now watch, since I said this/read this thread I'm going to instinctively pay more mind to the fog and start feeling off. :/

sesiom000
Apr 11, 2013, 05:05 PM
I dont know why they added that fog it has 90% more fog than the volcano, and its not even fog its dirtyness on the screen.
And seriously what kind of fog follows you around lol?
The map is very very cool when the fog disipates,the enemies are easy to kill,theres no tentacles on the map,its very simple layout and its very pretty.
Thats why i made this thread because the map is very cool and its a pity for it to be ruined by that bad developed fog.
And maybe if we can spread the word maybe sega will get the message. :-)

Blundy
Apr 11, 2013, 05:10 PM
sounds like the headache inducing never ending sandstorms i love so much.

sesiom000
Apr 11, 2013, 05:11 PM
I totaly agree to what Giga said.
Example of this they added a special targeting tool on killzone 3 for the people out there that were color blind which was a very cool feature.

MetalDude
Apr 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
sounds like the headache inducing never ending sandstorms i love so much.
I despise that mostly for the insatiable lag it always brings in addition to the irritating amount of noise on the screen. I like desert when I can actually see it.

Inazuma
Apr 11, 2013, 08:05 PM
The fog doesn't make me sick but I still hate it. It makes it harder to see. I wish they would just get rid of it altogether.

I also hate the sandstorm in the desert. It kills the frame rate and makes it hard to see everything.

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2013, 08:08 PM
It gives me a bit of a headache, but that's it. Also, the fact that it's one of those "hello this weather effect will be on the map 95% of the time", like the sandstorm in the Desert, makes it really annoying.

BarbblerElf
Apr 11, 2013, 08:15 PM
I read this thread before I got to play the level and was a little skeptic. When I encountered the fog it made my eyes water and I had to look away for a while xD

BlueCast Boy
Apr 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
if its getting more foggier, it really hurts my eyes plus i almost can't see especially the green mist thing...

Reiketsu
Apr 11, 2013, 08:27 PM
I never had issues with the sandstorm, but the fog is fricking annoying.
The area looks quite beautiful with no fog, but I get to see that for maybe 30 seconds per run, because the rest of the time that place turns into Silent Hill.
Also, it really does strain my eyes...

Courina
Apr 11, 2013, 09:28 PM
well... i get sick at Cave mission , but suprisingly im fine on dragon altar , not even got any problem from that fog ... well ... im rely on lock on... not really need focus that bad on where the hell im aiming (and im play this game using 3600 Dpi Mouse speed, and not problem either...)

the weather effect is amusing, but im agree recently too much of em (not only dragon altar fog, but other weather as well on other free-roam, like 1 hour raining/sandstorm/blackout)

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2013, 09:31 PM
I never had issues with the sandstorm, but the fog is fricking annoying.
The area looks quite beautiful with no fog, but I get to see that for maybe 30 seconds per run, because the rest of the time that place turns into Silent Hill.
Also, it really does strain my eyes...

You ever fix that wall to hell in your room?

Darki
Apr 12, 2013, 01:17 AM

And you, sir, have a serious problem with your attitude.

You keep saying that we should suck it up and endure it because we're just a few. So why are we supposed to give a fuck about what a nobody says in a forum, when it's just one? Apply your own retarded point and shut the fuck up.

Health issues are something serious, no matter how few people suffer the issue. Any homo sapiens that wants to call themselves human should know this. That's why we make hospitals, n' shit. I though schools covered that sort of behavior in ethics in elementary school, but someone might have missed the lessons.

Alisha
Apr 12, 2013, 01:54 AM
i must be superhuman because those dont effect me(i kid). the only area that really has an effect on me is the tundra. for some reason when i do AQ there i get sleepy.

Darki
Apr 12, 2013, 02:13 AM
There's something with that fog that makes some people to strain our eyes, and I'm not really sure of what is it. It might be the "2D effect" that seems to be applied where the fog is on the screen and doesn't give the impression that you're "diving" though it but rather that it's following you.

I never had any problems other than annoyance (and well, that is the idea of it) from the fogs in Forest and Caves, or the sandstorm in Desert. Those at least to my eyes are better implemented.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 12, 2013, 02:16 AM
I actually relax my eyes as much as possible. No headaches here.

Syklo
Apr 12, 2013, 06:50 AM
There's something with that fog that makes some people to strain our eyes, and I'm not really sure of what is it. It might be the "2D effect" that seems to be applied where the fog is on the screen and doesn't give the impression that you're "diving" though it but rather that it's following you.

I never had any problems other than annoyance (and well, that is the idea of it) from the fogs in Forest and Caves, or the sandstorm in Desert. Those at least to my eyes are better implemented.
Look through a stained window glass while holding it (so not through a window that won't move with you), while sitting on a wheel chair (attempting to remaining facing in one direction; without turning), and have someone move you around.
If you still end up with that eye strain, then it's just the fog
If not, then something else is also causing it (I repeat: ALSO causing it; the "2d effect" could be part of it)

That's how I'm interpreting this "2d effect": A fog that isn't really a fog - just a messy screen overlay (like the critical HP thing, but messier), so remains as is no matter how much you spin your camera. What I mentioned should be a reasonable replica of the situation (for what i think, but it probably isn't ^^;)

I'm curious as to how this causes the "victims's" eyes to strain that much - how often do you blink?

P.S. I'm not an optometrist.

Darki
Apr 12, 2013, 07:04 AM
Look through a stained window glass while holding it (so not through a window that won't move with you), while sitting on a wheel chair (attempting to remaining facing in one direction; without turning), and have someone move you around.
If you still end up with that eye strain, then it's just the fog
If not, then something else is also causing it (I repeat: ALSO causing it; the "2d effect" could be part of it)

I fear I can't really access that equipement too easily, lol.

That's how I'm interpreting this "2d effect": A fog that isn't really a fog - just a messy screen overlay (like the critical HP thing, but messier), so remains as is no matter how much you spin your camera. What I mentioned should be a reasonable replica of the situation (for what i think, but it probably isn't ^^;)

I'm curious as to how this causes the "victims's" eyes to strain that much - how often do you blink?

P.S. I'm not an optometrist.

Didn't really think about that when playing, so I'll check next time I'm in a Dragon Altar MPA for long. But if you look closely there's always some screen overlay effect because I keep seeing the shape of a cloud always in the same positions around the edges of the screen.

Also, the fact that all the screen is foggy, including your character, seems a bit troblesome to me. Even when there's much fog you can see your body just fine, at least the closest parts to your eyes. Of course the camera is behind your character as if you were standing behind it, and should be affected by the fog in real life, but I think it would be less strenuous if your character showed a bit less blurred.

In my opinion, the problem is that everything in the screen looks slighty blurred to my eyes, including my character, because of the fog. Since I have myopia (I'm nearsighted or however you call it commonly), my eyes are already conditioned to strain themselves a lot when stuff looks blurry so I can focus, because that's how I see without glasses. So the problem is that the whole area gives my brain the idea that I'm not using glasses and I strain my eyes as if that was the case, as a reflex.

I'm not sure if this is the same for other people, but I suppose it would be for anybody with the same issue as me.

Z-0
Apr 12, 2013, 07:07 AM
Yeah, after trying to play in Altar for the first time since I unlocked everything (didn't bother playing there, since there's no point), the white fog, blue fog and rainbow fog really do something to me. I do feel slightly nauseous playing there, and I don't think I'm going to touch Altar unless absolutely necessary.

Reiketsu
Apr 12, 2013, 07:12 AM
You ever fix that wall to hell in your room?

The one you just came out of? I guess I should fix it to keep the demons away...

SInce I have myopia (I'm nearsighted or however you call it commonly), my eyes are already conditioned to strain themselves a lot when stuff looks blurry so I can focus, because that's how I see without glasses.

Well, this does apply to me, as well. I have really terrible eye-sight, lol
Hmm... I can't remember how the fog is handled in forest and don't feel like lingering around there until it gets foggy, so... does anyone know if it's the same fog effect used in the new area?

Darki
Apr 12, 2013, 07:15 AM
Even if it's the same effect, it never lasts too long, so it never caused any problem to me. I'm not sure about thhe desert one, that was more annoying but I think the main problem is the fact that the overlay applied to the screen has defined shapes (like clouds) in the DA while in the desert it's just a color overlay. It might be our eyes trying to focus those blurry clouds by reflex what makes us sick.

Sirius-91
Apr 12, 2013, 04:19 PM
I don't get how this is even considered fog. It looks more like oil on your screen than anything else.

jooozek
Apr 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
I don't get how this is even considered fog. It looks more like oil on your screen than anything else.

i don't know what kind of oil would cause this shit (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2957836&postcount=20)
i havent seen foggy oil yet

jerrykun
Apr 12, 2013, 04:33 PM
The problem about this fog is that it's not very well designed, it's just a white cloud that follows your character, it's not like how sandstorm is coded in the desert area, if they made the fog act like the fog you see in Forest, it would be good, but this is just a cloud that is attached to your back and follows your character everywhere, it looks awful.

gigawuts
Apr 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
The problem about this fog is that it's not very well designed, it's just a white cloud that follows your character, it's not like how sandstorm is coded in the desert area, if they made the fog act like the fog you see in Forest, it would be good, but this is just a cloud that is attached to your back and follows your character everywhere, it looks awful.

Believe it or not, this is how most weather in PSO2 works. It's kind of depressing that they're still falling back on that kind of design, and textures that constantly face the player to simulate spheres, in 2013.

BIG OLAF
Apr 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
textures that constantly face the player to simulate spheres, in 2013.

I noticed that whilst running through Altar free field. I let out an audible sigh. It kinda ruined the awesomeness of the rest of the area for me.

EvilMag
Apr 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
Believe it or not, this is how most weather in PSO2 works. It's kind of depressing that they're still falling back on that kind of design, and textures that constantly face the player to simulate spheres, in 2013.

Yaaaaaaay PSX like spheres.

Terrence
Apr 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
It's coded that way to gain display performances on trivial graphical elements, not because they can't code another way. Don't be blinkered !

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2013, 04:57 PM
The one you just came out of? I guess I should fix it to keep the demons away...

Oh so you finally remembered Reixas...

I'M SO FLATTEREDDDDDD!!!! >D

But you're too late! D<

/summons flaming chakrams

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8Cg2ol6gOds/S-3N-8s68yI/AAAAAAAAASw/cMN4nEjEFu4/s1600/axel.jpg

Macman
Apr 12, 2013, 05:09 PM
Dragon Spirit = coating your monitor in bubble solution.

Jakosifer
Apr 12, 2013, 08:15 PM
Oh so you finally remembered Reixas...

I'M SO FLATTEREDDDDDD!!!! >D

But you're too late! D<

/summons flaming chakrams

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8Cg2ol6gOds/S-3N-8s68yI/AAAAAAAAASw/cMN4nEjEFu4/s1600/axel.jpg

TWO?!?!

Syklo
Apr 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
In my opinion, the problem is that everything in the screen looks slighty blurred to my eyes, including my character, because of the fog. Since I have myopia (I'm nearsighted or however you call it commonly), my eyes are already conditioned to strain themselves a lot when stuff looks blurry so I can focus, because that's how I see without glasses. So the problem is that the whole area gives my brain the idea that I'm not using glasses and I strain my eyes as if that was the case, as a reflex.
Yikes, that explains a lot.

Yeah, after trying to play in Altar for the first time since I unlocked everything (didn't bother playing there, since there's no point), the white fog, blue fog and rainbow fog really do something to me. I do feel slightly nauseous playing there, and I don't think I'm going to touch Altar unless absolutely necessary.
Maybe I'm just really unlucky, but in my first time going to altar/sanctum (first arks quest), spent quite a bit of time there (SCREENSHOT PARTY!) but no fog ever appeared ^^;
Either that or I never noticed it.

TWO?!?!
Don't count on it.

EvilMag
Apr 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks to a JP friend of mine for translating this request. Its requesting to tone down the fog effect in the Altar.

龍祭壇での天候エフェクトで私は頭痛を感じます。エフェクト効果の低減を希望します。

Post this on https://ssl.pso2.jp/vita/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion

Pick the 11th option in the category list.

(I know I could post this in that request and demand thread but I'm too lazy plus thats on the 2nd page)

sesiom000
Apr 13, 2013, 08:55 AM
thanks Evil Mag for the awesome work !!!
Now we just have to wait and pray they change the fog!