PDA

View Full Version : unable to launch missions/quests

iridesence
Apr 10, 2013, 06:41 PM
trying to level my gunner class. but since the update ive been unable to get into the campship. stuck on the loading screen when i go to enter the campship.

i already ran a data check after the patch installed and updated the english patch with the latest update.

what the heck is going on? cant even play the game properly since the
"update".

:no:

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
I still dont have stats, cant go to campship too, hell i dont even have a level hahaha

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 06:51 PM
I'm very sorry but as far I as know, the only people i saw on this forum who did the filecheck but still get problems, haven't solved that yet /:
I had this campship error too but filecheck fixed everything for me. Let's try to think again.

1) do a clean filecheck (don't screwcopy/past preceede downloads patchs or anything, if you'r deseperate, do it the normal way) : 3rd option of the launcher

2) DONT EN-PATCH your game, just to make sure that your installation is clean. The patch is probably not the source of the problem but start by starting a quest in japanese so you'r sure that your game works fine. If it doesn't, no need to go further in this protocole. If you had errors until now (http error, crc check error, that kind of crap) DO A FILECHECK AGAIN.

3) Exit the game.

4) EN-Patch your game, only the minimum you need. In other words you have only one .rar to use.

5) Verify that your game STILL works.

6) If it does start building a monument in your living room made with all the beer/coca cans and biscuit carbons you used during this protocole, to thank the gods for getting you through this.

7) If it doesn't start building a monument in your living room made with all the **** that came out after you drank and ate so many coca/beer and biscuits, to express your frustration.

I know that doesn't help much yet but don't worry we'll get through this.

iridesence
Apr 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
did a clean data check already and all that. still having the same problems. :no:

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
Did filecheck for the 7th time, it checks the same 2444 files, download 1 and nothing changes ;_;
I think im missing files...but i dont know how or why.

iridesence
Apr 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
Did filecheck for the 7th time, it checks the same 2444 files, download 1 and nothing changes ;_;
I think im missing files...but i dont know how or why.

i awalys get 10.6k files checked and 200 downloaded.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:11 PM
The fact that you only download one file is very weird Daveach.

So ... hum

---------------

Iridesence i'm very sorry i can't help you. I'm as lost as you are, don't see any way around it yet. I will think about it but that's not something i'm good at, i got pretty lucky getting through this.

For you Daveach i don't understand, and if someone had the same thing where the downloader only download 1 file, please tell us because as far as i know, Daveach is the only person since the update who posted something about this.

I wanna be clear, i'm not good at all for this, i just try to help because it's late and i wanna help you but really i'm hoping for someone to come enlighten us.

BUT, while we wait, why not do some little things that could help or maybe just give a clean workspace for whoever will come up with a solution.
Someone on this very forum (i think it's AIDA sorry i don't remember but it was someone everybody trust, don't worry) proposed to me to move my folder of PHANTASYSTARONLINE2. I did it, and i don't know if it helped, but since my game works, you should do it too ok !

Your folder PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 is probably on C:\Programfiles\Sega\blablabla
Copy/past it directly onto C so you should have something like C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\blablabla

This method is supposed to fix the permission issues with most games on win7 and win8. We already have methods to fix permission issues but those methods require to modify files, and here we have filecheck issues. So i have a very little hope that this is linked. Please try that if you have the time, because right now at this precise moment, this is the only thing i can think off : permissions.

As i already said i can't help you much but i'll be there, thinking, and if you have any other informations coming up please say it so we can understand together.

----------------------------

Edit : don't move the folder, copy/past it of course !!

Edit : When i filechecked the game. I got about 700 files downloaded, maybe more. I think there is something going on with the preceede download. Let's think about that too. It is not normal that people get a different amount of files. We have to find a way that your game redownload those 700+ files , because then you'll be in the same situation as me, who got through this.

I'd like other people to confirm that they had to download 700+ files, and not 200 or 1.

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT :

OH god i forgot. When i did the AIDA's trick by moving my folder. Well i noticed that ONE file in win_32 was permission locked :o
Super weird right? So maybe by moving my folder like Aida said, well the permissions got fixed in the second folder (the C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2) so maybe that's why my filecheck downloaded correctly what he had to download.
What do you think? Could be that.

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 PM
I really appreciate your help, guess Ill try that. By the way, how much data do you have on your PSO2 folder? My PSO2 folder is 11.3GB. Also, that archive it download apparently is the exe, because I manually edit the permissions (have Windows Vista >.>)

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
If you manually fix the permission (wich i don't know how to do and you are right to do it yourself instead of using softwares), then please check the win_32 i'm talking about in my last edit. And tell me if you have ONE file that is protected, i mean, with the little lock icon yaknow.

iridesence
Apr 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
The fact that you only download one file is very weird Daveach.

So ... hum

---------------

Iridesence i'm very sorry i can't help you. I'm as lost as you are, don't see any way around it yet. I will think about it but that's not something i'm good at, i got pretty lucky getting through this.

For you Daveach i don't understand, and if someone had the same thing where the downloader only download 1 file, please tell us because as far as i know, Daveach is the only person since the update who posted something about this.

I wanna be clear, i'm not good at all for this, i just try to help because it's late and i wanna help you but really i'm hoping for someone to come enlighten us.

BUT, while we wait, why not do some little things that could help or maybe just give a clean workspace for whoever will come up with a solution.
Someone on this very forum (i think it's AIDA sorry i don't remember but it was someone everybody trust, don't worry) proposed to me to move my folder of PHANTASYSTARONLINE2. I did it, and i don't know if it helped, but since my game works, you should do it too ok !

Your folder PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 is probably on C:\Programfiles\Sega\blablabla
Copy/past it directly onto C so you should have something like C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\blablabla

This method is supposed to fix the permission issues with most games on win7 and win8. We already have methods to fix permission issues but those methods require to modify files, and here we have filecheck issues. So i have a very little hope that this is linked. Please try that if you have the time, because right now at this precise moment, this is the only thing i can think off : permissions.

As i already said i can't help you much but i'll be there, thinking, and if you have any other informations coming up please say it so we can understand together.

----------------------------

Edit : don't move the folder, copy/past it of course !!

Edit : When i filechecked the game. I got about 700 files downloaded, maybe more. I think there is something going on with the preceede download. Let's think about that too. It is not normal that people get a different amount of files. We have to find a way that your game redownload those 700+ files , because then you'll be in the same situation as me, who got through this.

I'd like other people to confirm that they had to download 700+ files, and not 200 or 1.

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT :

OH god i forgot. When i did the AIDA's trick by moving my folder. Well i noticed that ONE file in win_32 was permission locked :o
Super weird right? So maybe by moving my folder like Aida said, well the permissions got fixed in the second folder (the C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2) so maybe that's why my filecheck downloaded correctly what he had to download.
What do you think? Could be that.

i managed to fix it. but it involved me moving the game folder destination from the root of the drive (orginal install location) to the "program files x86" folder. once i moved it there it started working normally.. =/ (using windows 7 64bit)

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:23 PM
i managed to fix it. but it involved me moving the game folder destination from the root of the drive to the program files folder. once i moved it there it started working normally.. =/

Haha it is very weird dude. So what? It works for you??? Like you can play, kill monsters? Don't think it works just because u'r running around in the lobby okay, do a real test and tell me please.

If it does woh i'm super happy for you, and for us. Gj !

iridesence
Apr 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
Haha it is very weird dude. So what? It works for you??? Like you can play, kill monsters? Don't think it works just because u'r running around in the lobby okay, do a real test and tell me please.

If it does woh i'm super happy for you, and for us. Gj !

im in tundra right now killing stuff. b 20 ign iridesence.

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
Good for you iridesence...
Im checking the permissions while copying the files, there are 13.9k files to check hahaha so it will take a while to copy and check them...lets hope it works

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:33 PM
Good for you iridesence...
Im checking the permissions while copying the files, there are 13.9k files to check hahaha so it will take a while to copy and check them...lets hope it works

Sorry i should have mention (i'm completly sleeplacking this is a mess) :
That file was at the end of my folder, i got very lucky to notice it. Problem is i don't remember if i filtered my folder by name or date or what.
Beh if it's there you'll find it but maybe that little detail will speed it up for you.

Edit :
Rofl guess what. I didn't eraze my buggy folder. So i still have the file in question. It's name is " ffe261ae60d863e0b16c8d7f93862b17 " and it is indeed permission-locked.
Again, i'm talking about the old folder of course, the one i don't use anymore because i copy/past it on C:\

Edit :
Damn. In my working folder, the one directly on C:
the file is permission-locked too :/
So that means this is not the problem. Mmpf i was really hoping for that one :( sorry bro, check it anyways because it can't hurt but nop that is probably not the issue :/

Edit :
Maybe simply moving your folder will do the trick. After all it did for me. I can't wait for you to tell me if it worked. Please ask your computer to hurry copying.

---------------------------------------------

Edit :

I really appreciate your help, guess Ill try that. By the way, how much data do you have on your PSO2 folder? My PSO2 folder is 11.3GB. Also, that archive it download apparently is the exe, because I manually edit the permissions (have Windows Vista >.>)

Sorry forgot, my folder "data" has 11.8 Go. I use a french system and if i'm not wrong Go is not GB, so you have to do the conversion but i guess 11.8 and 11.3 are pretty much the same, aren't they? Sorry don't know about this i just know that there is something with the words bit, byte, and the octect. If that speaks to you ...

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 07:41 PM
Haha okok, im almost...there with the copying.
No not really, still 15 mins to go ;w;

Edit: I see...well Ill just wait for the copy to be done...wish me luck.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:45 PM
My god you take 25 minutes to do a copy?

I'm not complaning of course just, wouah.
You sir are sure patient.

Edit : Haha ye right.. hum. I'll just stare at your avatar 'till you'r done.

Edit : Just out of curiosity, what is the name of your character if you don't mind telling? I'm kinda in my corner, not talking much to other people, but would be nice to just say hi in game if i see you. My name's Furya.

Edit : Lol you are like me and a lot of people. Elyana, Furya, Nezilya, Ilyana. Oh my god will we get creative one day? Jk' don't mean to offend your name just .. nice to see i'm not the only one doing this xD

Okay so on a more serious note, since it's been an hour already i'm starting to be confused so i just wanted to say this :
Once you'r done copying, we are looking to do a filecheck again and make it download correctly this time. I didn't want you to go straight into the game with patches and everything. We do agree you JUST copy and launch the game just like you would have normally, don't touch anything else. Feel free of course to filecheck right away but after an hour of copying i would launch the game one time just in case, then do my filecheck (i think it's exactly what i did actually).

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 07:46 PM
Excuse me for not having a good PC that in fact, is a Laptop with Windows SHITTY Vista and 4GB of RAM ;w;

EDIT:
Rappy time?

EDIT2:
My char name is Ilyana, if this shit works, we can meet later haha

EDIT3:
I know and we have...similar names haha

EDIT4:
Doing file check...hope it works...i have a bad feeling though...

Gardios
Apr 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
Urgh, moved the folder to the root directory, checked permissions, did a file check, still not working... I'm at wit's end. :(

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 08:19 PM
EDIT4:
Doing file check...hope it works...i have a bad feeling though...

After the copy you launched the game and it did a filecheck? If that's the case i have a good feeling not a bad one.

If you hit filecheck then i don't know and was curious if your game would at least launch but you know what you'r doing so let's just cross fingers. Filecheck is what, 45 minutes at least right? =/

Urgh, moved the folder to the root directory, checked permissions, did a file check, still not working... I'm at wit's end. :(

Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn what the hell is happening to you? I saw your posts in quickquestions and i have not a single clue. You use no patch and do everything correctly where is this coming from GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
time to F5 JPwiki, officialsite, and bumped, i think. At least i will, i really wanna see a "maintenance" news from SEGA, that would be the one thing we could be truly sure about (don't hold your breath though as many people got their game working now and ingame we don't have their announce anymore, the one telling us to do a filecheck).

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
;w; Filecheck checked 10595 files, and is downloading a bunch...hope it works!

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 08:34 PM
Oh dude i so hope it works that would make my day. In the meantime i'm trying to understand what's going on with Gardios. Not a hell of a clue. Gardios your posts about this are spread over several threads, can you please sum up not only what you did (wich i know is very simple because you don't use patches) bu also what system, 32 or 64, and service pack you are using.

- System
- Where do you launch the game from (just C: , C:\Program , C:\ProgrameFiles(x86) )
- Permissions ok? If no, how did you fix it.
- Filecheck how many files?
- Game's launching?
- Can you move
- Can you start a quest

Please do that in this order so we can figure out where you situe in this mess.

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
IT WORKED!!!
Thanks a lot Zaven! :D

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 09:41 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

This is very cool. I'll go make pasta soon.

iridesence
Apr 11, 2013, 04:53 AM
For those of you having issues, do you have more than 1 monitor?

And what ISP do you have?

your step 7 was the exact opposite for me =w=

once i moved my folder from the root of the drive to the program x86 folder my game ran normally with no more problems. ..derp