PDA

View Full Version : Can't play, need help

LinkKD
Apr 14, 2013, 10:06 AM
Ok, so...since the last update I havent been able to play PSO2 at all.

I had two issues at start: one was that I couldn't move with two characters of mine, couldnt access any menus or do anything at all besides accessing the chat by the direct chat shortcuts (yet however, I could move and access menus with another character of mine). The other one is that my hp/pp shows wrong values, my weapons won't show up, and I can't get into campship.

The first problem went away after I copy-pasted the PSO2 folder o the root folder (System C) and ran the game from there. I'm not sure if that's what fixed it though, because I tried running the game from the original folder in program files x86 afterwards and I still could walk aswell.

However, the second issue persists and I'm not sure what to do about it. Many people said that running the file check thing worked, but it did me no good.

I ran it two times...the odd thing is, it seems to do it extremely fast, like it barely downloaded anything new. It doesnt fix anything though, yeah.

Not quite sure what to do about it, I cant play the game at all as it is, but I've been so busy with college now that I also dont feel like spending too much time troubleshooting this. I guess a desperate option would be to reinstall it, but that would take fking long to reupdate or redownload. I'm sorta hoping SEGA will fix this in a maintance or something.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 14, 2013, 10:58 AM
Not sure if it'll work but, after the file check give the exe files user permissions for your user to be able to do anything with them and also make them read only. It'll say that there was an error too, but the game should start.

~Aya~
Apr 14, 2013, 11:03 AM
Make sure you have most recent windows update.. that fixed many problems for me~~

Gama
Apr 14, 2013, 12:15 PM
do a file check, update gfx card, update direct x, defrag pc.

:3

ikarius030
Apr 14, 2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I got the same problem as you. Any stats, meseta and everything is gone. HP/PP values are wrong.

Running Windows 7, everything is up-to-date (PSO2, my drivers, my windows, everything).
I'm using no English, story or any sort of patch.

Permissions are all perfect no problem there. So I really don't know what is wrong.