PDA

View Full Version : Wondering how you all got past the captcha?

Azusa
Apr 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
Since I'm sure not everyone here knows Japanese...
I had someone I know online do it for me
I tres using then online keyboard but I couldn't find all the characters

riku2replica
Apr 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
learn japanese its simple when u know the hiragana and katagana. LOL

blace
Apr 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
Or use this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925

UnLucky
Apr 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925

Azusa
Apr 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
That's the keyboard I tried.
:o

RedRaz0r
Apr 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
learn japanese its simple when u know the hiragana and katagana. LOL

Learning a second language to solve a captcha that can be solved using simple image recognition is the most ass backwards thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Mikessc88
Apr 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
I simply cut and paste from the hirigana page on wikipedia.

ashley50
Apr 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
I simply type them in using Microsoft's IME keyboard.

Zipzo
Apr 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
My computer has this thing...I think in America is called a "Keyboard", or some such device. Get this...I literally just hit the buttons and the words pop up on the screen.

In all seriousness, I am always confused how the captcha manages to give people trouble, even if you know zilch of japanese you can just copy and paste the characters based on looking at them can't you?

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 14, 2013, 10:47 PM
My computer has this thing...I think in America is called a "Keyboard", or some such device. Get this...I literally just hit the buttons and the words pop up on the screen.

In all seriousness, I am always confused how the captcha manages to give people trouble, even if you know zilch of japanese you can just copy and paste the characters based on looking at them can't you?

Problem is, all of the captchas time-out eventually, so if you don't enter it quick enough you have to start from scratch. It isn't too bad after you've done a few, but if you've never seen the characters before it can take a while given how similar many of them are.

riku2replica
Apr 14, 2013, 10:51 PM
Learning a second language to solve a captcha that can be solved using simple image recognition is the most ass backwards thing I've ever heard of in my life.

learning an additional language is an advantage. Your just looking at the wrong perspective.

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 14, 2013, 10:57 PM
learning an additional language is an advantage. Your just looking at the wrong perspective.

Learning japanese in order to play a japanese game with a japanese playerbase, japanese resources, and a japanese website is an even bigger advantage. There's much more to it than being able to figure out a captcha.

DreXxiN
Apr 15, 2013, 06:20 AM

Unless you avidly consume a lot of Japanese media, I don't think it's very time efficient to study a language specifically for one game. Just my 2 meseta. :P

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 07:35 AM
You know you're all being trolled right?

No?

Carry on

disaster.report
Apr 15, 2013, 08:52 AM
For some reason when I signed up, it didn't ask me to enter a captcha. I don't know if it was just me or... I don't know. That was a while ago.

Z-0
Apr 15, 2013, 08:55 AM
They added it later on. It wasn't there at first.

Pyrii
Apr 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
I just use IME in full-width hiragana mode.

Aquayoshi
Apr 15, 2013, 11:39 AM
You don't need to know actual Japanese. Just learn the two basic alphabets: hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ).

Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kana)

Learning hiragana and katakana isn't too bad, and knowing katakana is, in particular, extremely helpful for reading items and menus in Japanese video games (including PSO2).

Hiragana is the basic Japanese alphabet. Every Japanese word can be spelled out in hiragana, but if everything is written in Hiragana, text tends to sprawl out and becomes hard to read.

That's why there's kanji: those blocky, dense-looking borrowed Chinese characters. Kanji is by far the hardest part of learning Japanese, and it takes years of study to read them passably. Skip them if you aren't prepared to deal with a brick wall learning curve, although knowing some of the most commonly used ones is very helpful. And of course, it's always preferable to know how to read proper Japanese. :D I wish I could read kanji...

Katakana is the alphabet the Japanese use mostly to write foreign words; most of the item names and menus are in fact English written in katakana. (Example: フレンドリスト = Furendorisuto = Frendrist = Friendlist) This is probably the most useful alphabet to know off the top of your head, because it saves you a lot of trips to Cirnopedia looking up item names.

I think the captcha uses hiragana, but I'm not sure, since I've never had to get through it-- I've not bought premium, and I registered before there was a captcha.

RedRaz0r
Apr 15, 2013, 03:30 PM

I agree, learning an additional language is an advantage. However, his ONLY issue that he is asking help with is figuring out a captcha. So learning a language to solve such an easy issue is ass backwards.

Zipzo
Apr 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
I agree, learning an additional language is an advantage. However, his ONLY issue that he is asking help with is figuring out a captcha. So learning a language to solve such an easy issue is ass backwards.

Is it safe to assume that if he has trouble with the captcha, he implicatedly has trouble with ANY simple activity made more difficult by not knowing japanese?

All lines of thought lead to learning Japanese being a good idea regardless of the specificity of the issue, definitely not ass backwards.

iridesence
Apr 15, 2013, 08:56 PM
less talking about ass and more helping the OP.

ontopid: i used the wikipedia article to match the symbols then just copy-pasted myself.

reala728
Apr 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
i just googled "japanese keyboard" and used a virtual one, then copy and paste. took me like 10 times though, i guess i was just rushing cause i was excited.