PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ex's lines

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
I took the liberty of ripping Dragon Ex's voice from the game, simply because I'm curious as to what he's saying in his native language. I have a total of seven voice files, which you can grab here (http://www.mediafire.com/?73hz3bkh55xv3j3).

So far, I have made out his first few lines in Japanese, but as to what they mean in English... well, I'm still workin' on that.

Anyways, here's what I have so far (in Romaji)

uchikudaku! - Shatter!
shitome! - Kill!
kore ha... wagami no subete de aite suru! - This is... Where I go all out!
gekijin - gekisai moshu! - Onslaught [Violent Pulverizer]!
oujin hokai sento shi ni to kiero! - First Legend [King's Blade]! Perish and begone!
shujin hajin ryuusei nijin nitatsu - Finishing Strike! Second Legend [Grand Dragon Blade]
senjin itou haran - (I'm clueless on this one)

If anyone would mind downloading the voice files and telling me what's said, I can possibly add this to my collection of translations. Also, it helps me learn Japanese as well.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
Wait...he names his attacks before he uses them?

I don't even...

Z-0
Apr 15, 2013, 01:58 PM
hardest boss ever

Saffran
Apr 15, 2013, 02:03 PM
3rd > kore yori, wagami no subete de aite suru -> from now on...
5th > the end is "chiri to kieyo"
last > senjin ittou hadan > one thousand blades: one sword cleaving? (think up your own cool names, ppl, I'm bad at these)

As a general note, it's difficult to translate these because they could be anything anyway - that's precisely why they use kanji.

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2013, 02:16 PM
Senjin (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=Senjin) vanguard, advance guard
Ittou (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=ittou) is usually referrs to "one slash/strike" with a sword.
haran (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=haran) seems to refer to stormy, turbulent.

This maybe the kanji. "先陣:一刀波乱"

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
last > senjin ittou hadan > one thousand blades: one sword cleaving? (think up your own cool names, ppl, I'm bad at these)

As a general note, it's difficult to translate these because they could be anything anyway - that's precisely why they use kanji.

Senjin vanguard, advance guard
Ittou is usually referrs to "one slash/strike" with a sword.
haran seems to refer to stormy, turbulent.

This maybe the kanji. "先陣:一刀波乱"

Okay, so it would be....

Kore yori, wagami no subete de aite suru! - From here on, I'm going all out!
Oujin - Hokai Sentou! Chiri to Kieyo! - First Legend [King's Blade]! Return to ashes!
Senjin [Ittou Haran]! - Vanguard [Storm Blade]!

Although... I'm still not convinced about Hokai... anyone wanna try and get a better translation for that?

ignika98
Apr 15, 2013, 02:36 PM
Do you have the Noir draal voices/translations?

Macman
Apr 15, 2013, 02:49 PM

I don't even...
This whole game is an anime (waifu) simulator, I'm surprised not ALL bosses do this.

Zyrusticae
Apr 15, 2013, 03:00 PM
The guy has a fuckin' sword and board IN HIS WINGS.

I say he's allowed to be a giant HAM if he wants to be.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2013, 03:07 PM
I have finally obtained- ultimate power, and to think- a child, clothed in rags, would be the one... to defeat- me...

btw couldn't Vol speak Japanese?

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
I have finally obtained- ultimate power, and to think- a child, clothed in rags, would be the one... to defeat- me...

btw couldn't Vol speak Japanese?Vol mostly just yells at you.

I find it kind of funny that it's a giant dragon naming his moves and not some spiky haired shounen protagonist.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, he probably is a spiky haired shounen protagonist to the dragonkin.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 03:31 PM
rofl...that's awesome.

Whole thing just screams Valkyrie Profile PWSes.

"Body and soul shall be torn asunder! Ougi! - HYOSO HOJIN!"

"I grow tired of you...FINISHING STRIKE! FINAL BLAST!"

"I stake everything on this single blow! Finishing strike! Justice Stream!"

"I invoke the power of the glacial blade. Finishing Strike! Icicle Disaster!"

Total ham... xD

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
rofl...that's awesome.

Whole thing just screams Valkyrie Profile PWSes.

"Body and soul shall be torn asunder! Ougi! - HYOSO HOJIN!"

"I grow tired of you...FINISHING STRIKE! FINAL BLAST!"

"I stake everything on this single blow! Finishing strike! Justice Stream!"

"I invoke the power of the glacial blade. Finishing Strike! Icicle Disaster!"

Total ham... xD

It's only a matter of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pwRnMWBVs

If it weren't for how horrible the logistics of it would be I'd love for our characters to be able to do that too. 3:

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
That video seems to be less about how awesome Indignation is and more about how Daos is a complete pussy.

I approve xD

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
btw couldn't Vol speak Japanese?

He does, actually. When he's regenerating his tail after you break it, he says "Onore..." which means "You bastard..." or "Why you little..."; during his ultimate geyser, after he pounds the ground a few times, he says "Kore de owari da!" which essentially means "This is the end!" or "It's all over for you!"

Male Quartz says "Uruseiyo" which means "You're annoying me." before he shoots his laser. Not sure about Ko'Rera or Hi'Roga.

Goranzoran has lines too, actually - and when I listen to them carefully, he's not as weeaboo as I thought him to be.

Lines I can make out are:

"Hoho, bakudo!"
"Zangei!"
"Shichaku Akushu, Shichaku Akushu!"
"Hokai hametsu, shometsu shoka...."

The voice files for those actually interested in not being trolls on this thread: Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?24322633vsyim19)

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 04:29 PM
The fuck is your problem?

Someone says they like something and you insult them?

time to up your meds

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 04:36 PM
The fuck is your problem?

Someone says they like something and you insult them?

time to up your meds

Sorry, I hit the wrong targets. And I also didn't really read your post, I only caught the mockery of the lines and spoke too soon before I understood the whole thing.

As for the insults, now I believe that was meant for Gigawuts, who said this:

I don't even...

@Gigawuts - Your trolling is really starting to piss me off. If you have a grudge against me, then openly say so instead of just derailing and debunking everything I say just for the sole reason that you somehow don't like me.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
No, Renvalt, that was not in any way, shape, or form at all a troll, directed at you or anyone else.

You seriously have to chill the fuck out. Holy shit.

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I hit the wrong targets. And I also didn't really read your post, I only caught the mockery of the lines and spoke too soon before I understood the whole thing.

As for the insults, now I believe that was meant for Gigawuts, who said this:

@Gigawuts - Your trolling is really starting to piss me off. If you have a grudge against me, then openly say so instead of just derailing and debunking everything I say just for the sole reason that you somehow don't like me.

Bruh, What asylum you stay at?

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 04:53 PM
Bruh, What asylum you stay at?

ENOUGH! Just get off my case already, alright?

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2013, 05:02 PM
Is something the matter, Renvalt? Do you want to talk about it?

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
Is something the matter, Renvalt? Do you want to talk about it?

I'm simply trying to keep the thread on topic. That's all.

I came here because I had done a post similar to this a while ago (regarding Hunar/Elder's battle quotes) and thought to do this because I figured I could get help with understanding the words by openly posting it in the same way.

I hosted the voice files because I figured that it would make things easier on those telling me the legitimate pronunciation - they wouldn't have to go fight the boss with no music or sound to listen to the quotes.

I did not expect to get bullied by those three for simply trying to keep the topic on-course and not really succeeding at it because of my lack of social skills (which I'm working on).

So, to restart the course of the thread: is anyone willing to give me accurate pronunciations of Goranzoran's quotes?

Maximum Burst
Apr 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
If you can, it would be awesome if you could upload Noir Draal's lines as well. And I wonder who her seiyuu is. If Kamatarou voiced Dragon Ex, maybe it's Enomoto for Noir.

It seems like the Japanese wiki has Dragon Ex's lines listed.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3%E3% 83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 05:44 PM
If you can, it would be awesome if you could upload Noir Draal's lines as well. And I wonder who her seiyuu is. If Kamatarou voiced Dragon Ex, maybe it's Enomoto for Noir.

That could be a problem. I have issues when it comes to VH bosses. They cream me if I'm alone.

And rare encounters on bosses are also something that never happens for me. I mean, heck - I STILL haven't been to the Darker Den. People say that "it's not all that great" - but I mean, you're just keeping it to yourself, reallly.

But yeah, someone else'll have to do that, since I don't ever come across rare bosses.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
I'm simply trying to keep the thread on topic. That's all.

I came here because I had done a post similar to this a while ago (regarding Hunar/Elder's battle quotes) and thought to do this because I figured I could get help with understanding the words by openly posting it in the same way.

I hosted the voice files because I figured that it would make things easier on those telling me the legitimate pronunciation - they wouldn't have to go fight the boss with no music or sound to listen to the quotes.

I did not expect to get bullied by those three for simply trying to keep the topic on-course and not really succeeding at it because of my lack of social skills (which I'm working on).

So, to restart the course of the thread: is anyone willing to give me accurate pronunciations of Goranzoran's quotes?

Bullied? We were enjoying a tiny revelation. How many dragons name their attacks? It's so corny it's awesome. We dont all have to help you with the lines to be able to enjoy them, do we? is that a rule?

Just chill out. You get into these altercations because you overreact.

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 05:53 PM
Bullied? We were enjoying a tiny revelation. How many dragons name their attacks? It's so corny it's awesome. We dont all have to help you with the lines to be able to enjoy them, do we? is that a rule?

Just chill out. You get into these altercations because you overreact.

The fact that he speaks the way he does and with that voice is totally awesome. I love him to death..*squeezes him and steals his drops*

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
What I want to know is if the rare one does loli versions of the same attack names. I don't even know if I could contain myself if they use the same attacks and announce them with the same names. That would just be too much.

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 05:56 PM
What I want to know is if the rare one does loli versions of the same attack names. I don't even know if I could contain myself if they use the same attacks and announce them with the same names. That would just be too much.

Noir Draal should say "sugoi! kimochi, senpaiii~"

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 06:01 PM

That would be so cute.. I would want one if they did that.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 06:02 PM
We should get a noir draal mag. For real. It's ALREADY got the chibi scaling with enormous arms (well, they're wings/shields, the actual arms are not enormous) and a head as big as its torso.

We gotta make this happen.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
Noir Draal should say "sugoi! kimochi, senpaiii~"

Then fall over and scrape her knee then call you mean for not letting her hit you/running too fast?

instead of 1000 blades it would be 1000 lolipops?

People would be so confused...

The fact that he speaks the way he does and with that voice is totally awesome. I love him to death..*squeezes him and steals his drops*

First you sleep in lava and now you're hugging walking cacti...?

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
Then fall over and scrape her knee then call you mean for not letting her hit you/running too fast?

instead of 100 blades it would be 1000 lolipops?

First you sleep in lava and now you're hugging walking cacti...?

Dont forget falling asleep standing up on a chair in my towel with natsu taking pics~

My most recent win was getting owne by a rappy in the middle of using OE. Waddled up and pecked me in the ass, resulting in OHKO.

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 06:12 PM

instead of 100 blades it would be 1000 lolipops?

Most likely, since whatever it is you just said there certainly confused me.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 06:12 PM
Dont forget falling asleep standing up on a chair in my towel with natsu taking pics~

My most recent win was getting owne by a rappy in the middle of using OE. Waddled up and pecked me in the ass, resulting in OHKO.

Wahaha, sounds like PSO1 to me.

Those things hit HARD in the higher difficulties.

Meta77
Apr 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
I would like to know how he ties into the story. He, Dark falz, dark hunar, and vol dragon are the only bosses I know that talk.

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 06:15 PM
Wahaha, sounds like PSO1 to me.

Those things hit HARD in the higher difficulties.

Yeah... "oh its so cute..." *drill peck insta critical OHKO*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
I would like to know how he ties into the story. He, Dark falz, dark hunar, and vol dragon are the only bosses I know that talk.

Quartz talks in the story and is basically tachikoma, but I don't really count it as anything but a unique quartz dragon. The rest are roller blader dudes in short shorts from the 80's.

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 06:23 PM
Thread reported because people have no respect to keep on-topic.

Requesting lock.

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 06:24 PM
Thread reported because people have no respect to keep on-topic.

Requesting lock.

Boy, you're grumpy today. What's wrong?

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
Title wise the thread is on-topic.

Everyone stopped "bullying" you after you overeacted like a bi-polar teenage girl..

And how much more should be said for the topic in general?

For the 5th time, mellow out.

Renvalt

I asked if we could keep on topic and then things went the exact opposite of what I have intended them to go.

Other than that, I have no idea what else I could say. Sounds like anything I say could be used as an excuse to tell me to "Get back on yer meds, aspy boy".

~Aya~

* points towards you in a dramatic way*

I-its all your fault for being so blue!!!

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
Well the dragon people are intelligent.

Compared to most things.

It could be deeper than that, or not.

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
* points towards you in a dramatic way*

I-its all your fault for being so blue!!!

Wha-....I...I didn't mea-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-82E6iBwap2o/UPKe4qpv5NI/AAAAAAAAF9A/cyY3w3CAGOI/s1600/darth-vader-no.jpg

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
I asked if we could keep on topic and then things went the exact opposite of what I have intended them to go.

Other than that, I have no idea what else I could say. Sounds like anything I say could be used as an excuse to tell me to "Get back on yer meds, aspy boy".

I think its fair to say you've been belligerent in a few threads today. This is coming from someone who actually has "aspy" issues himself so please just chill out like multiple other people have told you today.

Anywaaaaays, more on topic I'm curious about whether or not we'll be seeing a lot more bosses talking in the future. For some bosses like Dark Falz I can understand it, but to me personally it seems kinda silly hearing speech from a dragon. I've played through the entire story so I'm aware the dragonkin and such talked clearly, but it seems kind of weird to be hearing lines from the EX like he was a character in a fighting game or something. That's just me personally though.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2013, 06:38 PM
The thread isn't titled "Please translate these lines for me" so I think it's fair game to talk about the lines themselves or the character/actor who voiced the lines and similar topics including the users who talk about the lines or the characters or other users who did the same.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 06:40 PM
Most likely, since whatever it is you just said there certainly confused me.

In keeping with the loli bit:

"senpaiii!!! gekijin - gekisai moshu! *trips* whaaaa! I missed! it's all your fault senpai, don't move so fast!"

o_o

"From here on, I'm pulling out all the stops! Final technique! 1000 Lolipops: 1 strike! Taste heaven's wrath and fall silent!"

Gardios
Apr 15, 2013, 06:49 PM
Well, since we have enemies naming their attacks now, that gets me closer to my wish to get voices that shout out PA/technique names themselves.

Sayara
Apr 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
Per request