PDA

View Full Version : What's the most stingy boss?

fay
Apr 15, 2013, 05:31 PM
As the title says. What do you feel is the most stingy boss of all? Personally I have to put it towards the caterdra'nsa. Not sure if that's even spelled right. To this day I've never saw something red drop from it despite the amount I killed.
On the other hand I think quartz dragon drops stuff most frequent. Too bad it's the same useless armor. Still a drop though!

Z-0
Apr 15, 2013, 05:38 PM
Transmizer.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
Transmizer.

^this

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
tranmizer x100000

the number of them I killed before I found even a single gunslash, nevermind the wrong 10*...lord almighty

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
^this

Falz Hunar

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
All of them, and every other enemy in the game.

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
Also Tingle/Sayara

Mokyu
Apr 15, 2013, 05:47 PM
Tranmizer and Fang Banther/shee...

HeartBreak301
Apr 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hunar by far. Only 5 Elder Pains have dropped from him in the last week from The Oncoming Darkness. I don't even want to think about how many Hunar kills that is.

fay
Apr 15, 2013, 05:54 PM
I actually find the fang banther/banshee to be not so bad for drops.
Though, now that you guys say it, that tranmizer is pretty horrible. I haven't killed all that much of them to say it's the worst yet though.

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2013, 05:58 PM
Transmizer

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
I got trolled by a 'zexia too. he dropped a tmg in an AQ. I was so excited "ZEXIA BULLET \o/" tekked..."MIZER? YOU SUCK!"

On that note is it any surprise that the stingiest boss in the game is NAMED mizer?

TaigaUC
Apr 15, 2013, 06:48 PM
Everything is stingy. Aside from Elder-stuff and an Umbra Stick, I haven't gotten a single rare weapon I've tried farming for.
My friend keeps accidentally getting Mizer Bullets from Transmizer. Still haven't gotten one myself. Gave up a long time ago.

Falz Hunar being stingy is likely because: http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121215a.html

Edit: Removed incorrect information.

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2013, 06:51 PM
Everything is stingy. Aside from Elder-stuff and an Umbra Stick, I haven't gotten a single rare weapon I've tried farming for.
My friend keeps accidentally getting Mizer Bullets from Transmizer. Still haven't gotten one myself. Gave up a long time ago.

Falz Hunar being stingy is likely because you apparently have to attack him with a level 42+ sword for him to drop Elder Pain for you. More info here: http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121215a.html

There isn't anything there about attacking with a specific weapon.
It's about destroying specific parts at X-level to get a chance to drop x-rare

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 07:03 PM

Falz Hunar being stingy is likely because you apparently have to attack him with a level 42+ sword for him to drop Elder Pain for you. More info here: http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121215a.html

It's saying he has to be lvl 46+ and you have to break his sword for the drop to be in the roulette O_o;;

MetalDude
Apr 15, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mizer, Hunar, and Quartz in that order from worst to slightly less worse. I've helped team members hunt down Avenger for months and have never found a single normal rare drop. I'm lucky if Mizer drops anything more than meseta.

Mokyu
Apr 15, 2013, 07:07 PM
My only 10* weapon was an elder rifle... EVERY BOSS IS STINGY! D:

Titan
Apr 15, 2013, 07:14 PM
Darkers Den Hunar that didn't drop a boss crystal had a 0% chance on all rares or meseta.

TaigaUC
Apr 15, 2013, 08:01 PM
It's saying he has to be lvl 46+ and you have to break his sword for the drop to be in the roulette O_o;;

Hmm I knew I should have tried to read it properly. Sorry about that.

SakoHaruo
Apr 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
Fal Hunar. All those epic battles and this fool hasn't drop the pain yet. He even come to see me on his off days >_>

Crystal_Shard
Apr 15, 2013, 08:23 PM
Mizer. Definitely Mizer.

Let's not even talk about rares. Getting to drop useful stuff with his soul is a pain if all he drops is meseta always.

Heck, it's even in its name!

LordShade
Apr 15, 2013, 08:40 PM
its a tie between Mizer and Hunar.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mizer. Definitely Mizer.

Let's not even talk about rares. Getting to drop useful stuff with his soul is a pain if all he drops is meseta always.

Heck, it's even in its name!

I got trolled by a 'zexia too. he dropped a tmg in an AQ. I was so excited "ZEXIA BULLET \o/" tekked..."MIZER? YOU SUCK!"

On that note is it any surprise that the stingiest boss in the game is NAMED mizer?

That was so hour and a half ago.

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 08:41 PM
It makes sense. Don't y'all know what a 'miser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miser)' is?

iridesence
Apr 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
That was so hour and a half ago.

Tranmizer:

more(less) then meets the eye?

had to do it..

Rien
Apr 15, 2013, 09:20 PM
This WHOLE GAME is stingy...

How you guys find anything at all is unknown to me.

MetalDude
Apr 15, 2013, 09:43 PM
I found an Aristin recently.

Yay.

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
Rockbear! Why you no give me a Ikutachi!

strikerhunter
Apr 15, 2013, 10:26 PM
!. Mizer
2. Hunar for Elder Pain.
3. Falz Elder for Falclaw.
4. Everything else.......................

Zenobia
Apr 15, 2013, 11:23 PM
1 Crys Drall For Dragon Slayer

2 Rockbear for Ikutachi

2 Cater Drall for Assasins Claw

3 Falz Elder for Fal Claw Hunar for Elder Pain

I could go on but these are the top weapons I've been slaving away for LIFE!

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
crys, ive seen 22 in the past 4 days in aq and the only red ive seen is the shitty arm unit.

Dnd
Apr 16, 2013, 12:25 AM
Gwana for me, every boss i've killed has dropped me at least crap rares now and again, but the gwana? nope. I must of killed now 900+ on very hard at least, with countless hundreds on hard aswell without a single red box. Although to be honest, I call it a victory even if i get a 2/3 slot gwana soul item to drop ._.

fay
Apr 16, 2013, 05:19 AM
Actually someone said to me in game the other day that he finds gwahada to be the most stingy. I never play that boss purely because it's in my least favorite area, desert.

jooozek
Apr 16, 2013, 05:54 AM
Sakai

Syklo
Apr 16, 2013, 06:02 AM
Any boss that won't drop as many souls as QD.

Yes I'm crazy for souls :3

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 06:51 AM
Of the 2k+ gwanas I killed I at least found gravel cores or occasionally the odd twilight rune every few hundred. Mizer? Nope. It took over a thousand just to get my first sarhaling.

Z-0
Apr 16, 2013, 06:56 AM
I'm not even talking about "rares" when it comes to Mizer being stingy.

You're lucky to get something that isn't meseta 99% of the time, and even then it won't drop his soul. "Yay, 4 slot unit! -No Soul-"

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 06:59 AM
God, ain't that the truth.

He's also an enormously tedious chore for melee, because all of his attack hitboxes are either ahead of or behind his claws. You'll magically take a hit after one swipe has happened, then time your guard for that delay the next swipe and surprise that one hit before the claw even moved!

What a jerk. Let's kill them en masse.

Syklo
Apr 16, 2013, 07:01 AM
God, ain't that the truth.

He's also an enormously tedious chore for melee, because all of his attack hitboxes are either ahead of or behind his claws. You'll magically take a hit after one swipe has happened, then time your guard for that delay the next swipe and surprise that one hit before the claw even moved!

What a jerk. Let's kill them en masse.
Mirage V :O
Problem solved

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 07:02 AM
The one SE that has a shorter duration with higher levels and hasn't been put on a promo wepaon with level IV or V >_>

fay
Apr 16, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mizer never drops me rares, but i do get his soul every now and again. I usually just NPC it because I don't have a shop. Should I be keeping these items back?

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 07:15 AM
Considering they're the single most valuable soul in the game, since they're the only soul to boost the damage stat they're tied to (so mizer soul boosts shoot III transfer rates, compared to vol soul boosting burn III etc.)...yes. You should be keeping them for when you get a shop, or for if you play a gun class.

That'd be like asking "i find brand new top of the line 10*'s a lot, should i be keeping them???"

fay
Apr 16, 2013, 07:39 AM
Never realized they were so valuable. I generally just sell everything to shops, including rares purely because I can't sell them to players.

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah man, hold onto units with atk souls and check out all your rares in the player shops. Then keep all your items with mizer souls - weapons of all slots and units of all slots.

Then do FUN Scratch to get a 3 day My Shop pass. They're pretty rare, and you'll get my room tickets more often than shop tickets, but you'll probably get one eventually.

You can try dabbling in affixing to compress items. Take a look at well selling guns, then throw ratk soul & shoot III on it. Look into the common affixing methods. You can make a boatload of cash with just a free 3 day shop ticket if you have everything all set to sell to other players.

edit: also, I meant to mention to hold onto weapons with 3+ slots and an atk soul. Some don't go for much, like quartz, but that's only because of how he loves dropping weapons and hunters are farming him like mad to get a dragon slayer. Others are worth more, like vol soul. Gwana soul is also worth a very pretty penny since it boosts poison III transfer rates.

fay
Apr 16, 2013, 07:54 AM
Wait, you can actually get 3 day my shop tickets? I've pulled 4 my room tickets. Just assumed this was all I could get in this regard. I have 2000 fun points just now so I'm going to try get one.

Id love to try my hand at affixing, but it never goes so well for me. Been trying to get technique III and ragne soul on my armor but it just never works.

I know what I'm keeping an eye out for now though. Gawd I find a good amount of mizer soul by not even hunting mizers too. Wish I kept them now.

HeartBreak301
Apr 16, 2013, 07:55 AM
Gwana souls sell for quite a lot of money as well. Just a heads up.

Emp
Apr 16, 2013, 09:10 AM
Fang banshee. It won't drop my Seitenwise and I refuse to buy the cheapest one from the shops which is 3.4 mil.

Punisher106
Apr 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
for a second, I thought you meant the hardest boss, but looking around, yeah, Mizer has to take it, if not Falz. That damned Mizer Bullet is going to be my HS of PSO2. And Falz as been dropping nothing but meseta for me, lately, too.

MetalDude
Apr 16, 2013, 10:34 AM
Forget the stupid claw hitboxes (although they are awful), it's tank form that exists solely to make everyone drop melee for anything else. It's such a horrible part of the fight.

Crysteon
Apr 16, 2013, 10:46 AM
Dealing with Mizer's tank form as a melee character reminds me to the Benny Hill chase scene for some reason.

Alenoir
Apr 16, 2013, 11:54 AM
Miser > Gwana > Hunar > Rockbear > everything else.

I just want some 3s souls on a weapon, Gwana. Is it really that hard?

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 12:04 PM
I actually find mizer's tank form less irritating. I can catch up to it just fine by double stepping, and then I toss in a JA'd deadly archer when I catch up.

RedRaz0r
Apr 16, 2013, 02:48 PM
Dark Falz for me...that bastard...

Kraiseson
Apr 16, 2013, 09:05 PM
Hunar by far. Only 5 Elder Pains have dropped from him in the last week from The Oncoming Darkness. I don't even want to think about how many Hunar kills that is.

Where do you get these stats?

PM me a link please.

Macman
Apr 17, 2013, 04:43 AM
It's gotta be Hunar. Have you seen the count of Elder Pains dropped? It's not even that powerful of a sword anymore!

ShadowDragon28
Apr 17, 2013, 04:45 AM
Chrome Dragon and Haze Draal

darthvader
Apr 17, 2013, 05:20 AM
wanted to put mizer since that robot had yet to give me any mizer bullet (not that i want anymore at this point though) , but that robot at least gave me tons of soul, few gunslashes, talises, mizer claw, and two berkwelker.

After i read few pages of this thread then i noticed that i never even got any rare beside one gravel core from gwana and rarely soul... so i guess gwana is #1 most stingy boss for me. His rare ver didnt even drop me a fking lv 6 disc (samegid) although i met him like 10 times+ ...

#2 would be quartz dragon for me. He (or she, not sure anymore aft i went through mb7) gave me quite alot of quartz units and souls, but i never get any rare weapons from him

About falz hunar his drop rate of elder pain is sooo terribly low (according to quest item record) so i wouldnt even bother putting him as stingy

TaigaUC
Apr 17, 2013, 05:48 AM
Kinda feels like I've been seeing more people with Elder Pains lately. Maybe it's because people who get it by accident can now sell it to others who can actually use it.

Macman
Apr 17, 2013, 06:45 AM
Kinda feels like I've been seeing more people with Elder Pains lately. Maybe it's because people who get it by accident can now sell it to others who can actually use it.
Have you seen the prices on it? I wouldn't buy it out of sheer principle.

HeartBreak301
Apr 17, 2013, 07:32 AM
Where do you get these stats?

PM me a link please.

Just check the quest records whenever the Hunar EQ comes up.

And in repsonse to Macman, I totally agree. Even if I was premium I wouldn't drop 200M+ (yes that much) for one.

On a side note, in order for Hunar to drop Elder Pain in the first place, he needs to be level 46+. That instantly rules out about half of the free fields he shows up in.

~Aya~
Apr 17, 2013, 10:26 AM
Burn Draal

Gen2000
Apr 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Zesh and Wolgna only bosses I haven't gotten anything besides souls from. HUnar at least dropped a unit one time though I'll highly prefer Dat Pain.

Mizer drops his dumb gunslash for me kind of often and is quite generous with units with his soul on it which I glady take since they go for so much in shops compared to other souls. The recent RA/HU craze adding even more to the demand.

Eternal255
Apr 17, 2013, 03:04 PM
how do u break hunar's sword? gotta do it while its on his back?

jooozek
Apr 17, 2013, 03:06 PM
how do u break hunar's sword? gotta do it while its on his back?

no, when he pulls it out and dashes around with it holding it in his hand

Mekhana
Apr 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
Del Mammo and Gwan

sandylecuistot
Apr 17, 2013, 03:38 PM
All of them, and every other enemy in the game.

Exactly. Nothing seems to give anything, except for some Units...
Only Dark Falz gave me decent weapons (I don't/can't use).

Macman
Apr 18, 2013, 06:00 AM
The only time I got a rare from Hunar (unit) was when I didn't break his sword.

...Coincidence?

Z-0
Apr 18, 2013, 11:04 AM
Yes, because I got a unit when I broke his sword. Twice.

Fyreus
Apr 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
Rockbear. Everyone's getting better weapons and he still refuses to bring his before he leaves the house.