PDA

View Full Version : could this be possible at some point?

wetro01
Apr 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
I used to play Ragnarok some time ago and teams/clans had this service for a fee to complete a certain quest you would ask for. If you could not kill a certain boss or complete a mission, for a fee they would do it for you AND give you all the rare loot the mob or boss would drop. I think this would be a nice way to make money on the game and get some rares to some people or get help at all. I know it would have to be an all prem party and costumer but...i think it would still be kinda cool and useful if this could happen some day. specially with new upcoming players that could need CO's to be done or something. :-?

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2013, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of playing the game? There are a few COs you can buy the items for from other players though, I guess... This doesn't really seem like something that would benefit a game whose whole endgame revolves around going and hunting rares. :/

wetro01
Apr 15, 2013, 10:34 PM
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of playing the game? There are a few COs you can buy the items for from other players though, I guess... This doesn't really seem like something that would benefit a game whose whole endgame revolves around going and hunting rares. :/
When i played RO it did not have the service until they made an update and they created this tower where it had dif tiers where every floor would be more and more mobs with higher lvl's and harder bosses. At this point for someone who did not know much people in the game or just was not a high lvl they needed help, so one way to solve this was getting that service. I would take for example the plus skill points CO's wich you have to kill a certain amount of times X boss right now my GU is lvl 45 and it would be a pain in the ass for me to kill a quartz with him alone or with some partner chars. The rares the dif people in the party can have the lucky rise set and that would boost the chance of something dropping too and give it to the costumer. For more people that are in the game for long now like high lvl's they can use the service for just the rares, a new map they show up or something and you want to have the rares first out of that map and stuff:-?

blace
Apr 15, 2013, 11:17 PM
The only way I can see something like this happening is that of PSO2 was not so reliant on the RNG. If they do implement something similar, I'd expect the items gained to be bound upon being picked up.

This would also cause a huge drop in the player market, and with how things are, Sega is benefitting from the current system by use of AC based items and premium set. Implementing this would defeat the RNG and maybe Sega's cash flow.