PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Vita Questions

Jellybones
Apr 16, 2013, 05:49 PM
My computer simply can't handle PSO2 and I don't get a lot of time on my desktop anyway, so I've been thinking of importing the Vita version of PSO2. One question I have is the codes that come with it. Do they have to be redeemed in the JPN PS Store or perhaps some other way in-game or otherwise? If the former then I wouldn't be able to since I'd use my US account thanks to Vita's account restriction, and it really won't affect my decision but it's good to know ahead of time.
Also, anyone here who has the Vita version, how is it? I don't expect it to look as good graphically as the PC version, but I expect it does run just fine otherwise from what I've seen of it.

Manta Oyamada
Apr 16, 2013, 05:50 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vita-guide/

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 05:52 PM
The code is redeemed in game.

As for how well it plays in comparison to PC, it does a decent job, but will slow down when there are a lot of enemies/players on screen. More so when the other players in the area are blasting out tech after tech.

Jellybones
Apr 16, 2013, 06:21 PM
Great about the code. The slowdown seems expected, but no big deal (unless it really is in your opinion)
How big are the patches? I have an 8 gig, but I'm not sure I'll be set. I don't want to get a 32 gig for this game.

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 06:30 PM
I may be a bit biased as my computer can run the game anywhere between 60-120 frames, but the slowdown during PSE bursts drops the performance of the Vita version to about 20 frames and lag when picking up items.

Edit: Forgot the updates bit. It's usually 1GB during major updates.

Jellybones
Apr 16, 2013, 06:46 PM
1GB? Damn. I'll probably out of memory the first time I update! Hm, this kinda sucks. The framerate seems like something I could tolerate honestly, but not that much space. It'd only be a matter of time before I'd need a bigger memory card if PSO2 really swallows it all up.
EDIT: Wait, major updates. Maintenance is about every week though correct? How often would those major updates be? It's probably not all that bad, then.

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
There's a total of 4 updates including the initial, but mandatory, 1GB update. The last major update was 1.4GB as it included a new area.

Jellybones
Apr 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
So then that's a total of 4 gigs so far for having been out about a year. But you mentioned the initial update was mandatory, are the others optional?

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 07:00 PM
They're all mandatory as they contain updates and other data not included within the cartridge. I think the files are compressed after being installed.

Z-0
Apr 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
The 1GB updates do not add 1GB to the game. It just overwrites files in the client. The client is about 4.2GB last I checked, which is only like a 500MB increase from release.

Jellybones
Apr 16, 2013, 07:09 PM
Ah. Hrmm... I suppose it can't be any worse than Playstation All-Stars's vita updates. Those were also about a gig, even for minor changes. So how much memory has the game consumed for you thus far?
EDIT: That also answers my question. Thank you, that's looking pretty good. I feel much better about investing in a physical copy now, thanks.

riku2replica
Apr 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
New Maintenance Update is available 22MB.

Vita details are toned down a lot on character but on the background/scenery it looks good though.

Emp
Apr 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
Great about the code. The slowdown seems expected, but no big deal (unless it really is in your opinion)
How big are the patches? I have an 8 gig, but I'm not sure I'll be set. I don't want to get a 32 gig for this game.

I'd go and buy that 16 gig in prep for the expansion in the summer. It might be for pc and vita on release.

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 09:35 PM
I'd go and buy that 16 gig in prep for the expansion in the summer. It might be for pc and vita on release.

All updates after the Vita release has been for PC and Vita without splitting content.

Emp
Apr 16, 2013, 09:41 PM
All updates after the Vita release has been for PC and Vita without splitting content.

I know but considering there a expansion to pso2(new race, class?, missions, ect.) coming, picking up 16g mem stick wouldn't be bad idea. More content, more mem needed.

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 09:43 PM
I know but considering there a expansion to pso2(new race, class?, missions, ect.) coming, picking up 16g mem stick wouldn't be bad idea. More content, more mem needed.

I was talking about the content no longer being split between PC and Vita.

Emp
Apr 16, 2013, 09:46 PM
I was talking about the content no longer being split between PC and Vita.

I know. I just wish they would fix the spawn size issue between pc and vita. Not fair that vita gets smaller spawns than pc.

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 10:02 PM
I know. I just wish they would fix the spawn size issue between pc and vita. Not fair that vita gets smaller spawns than pc.

That's true for the most part, but during a recent EQ with a PSE burst on the 200's blocks the amount of enemies seen on PC blocks. The only drawback, besides the obvious lag and frame drop, was the lack of effects on PAs/Techs and unrendered character models.

The Vita can do things almost on the same level as the PC, but it'll need to sacrifice a few things just to show them.

reala728
Apr 16, 2013, 11:40 PM
i'd advise againt investing too much into the JP version for vita. i was in the same exact situation and went through the bs of reformatting to get in. its a great experience, but not worth sacrificing everything else the vita can offer.

personally, i just decided to get a better pc and use the english patch when funds become available. until then i have plenty to play while i wait. PLUS soul sacrifice demo is coming 4/16 and data can transfer to the full game.

oh its already the 16th you say? nearly the 17th in fact? well yeah. sony likes to stall on store updates when people are actually expecting something (psp2). just sit tight.

Jellybones
Apr 17, 2013, 02:17 PM
i'd advise againt investing too much into the JP version for vita. i was in the same exact situation and went through the bs of reformatting to get in. its a great experience, but not worth sacrificing everything else the vita can offer.
I wouldn't have to reformat anything if I import the physical copy, since the Vita is region free. Unless you're talking about something else.

oh its already the 16th you say? nearly the 17th in fact? well yeah. sony likes to stall on store updates when people are actually expecting something (psp2). just sit tight.
Heh, tell me about it. It's funny how this one store update I really care about (PS+ content, Soul sacrifice) is the one that is delayed. I like Sony, but they really mess up with their digital services sometimes.

I didn't know that was coming, thanks. Hrm, most of my 8gig is actually unused- I have like two PS mobile games and one PS1 game on there so it's not really used much aside from other minor apps. How large is this update anticipated to be? I may not have to spend more on those ridiculous memory cards because I'm conservative with my space anyway. I may have room.

blace
Apr 17, 2013, 02:27 PM
He was talking about the hassle of having one memory card and the free download of the game. It's advised to get multiple memory cards for multiple accounts or region you want to connect to.

The current size of the update sitting on my memory card, not the cartridge or game itself, is at 1.5GB. The summer update introduces episode 2, a new race, new classes and weapons.