PDA

View Full Version : Jp Or Us

Oxbaren
Apr 17, 2013, 05:23 PM
So many people say move to the JP servers but other say no move to us servers when it comes out...

So confusing So i decided to put this on the table for the community

One question===

US Servers or JP Servers? which one and why?

Oh and remember No fights :) :beer:

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2013, 05:26 PM
Should have made a poll for this.

I say, JP servers. I keep on saying this, but it still bares repeating. There is nothing available on any hypothetical US server that I can't get on our current JP server. The text is almost all translated and patched, the voice actors are probably better than anything the US will get, and the overall quality of service is likely to be much higher. At this point, the only reason to wait for the US servers is an unwillingness to try to get the game running.

The Walrus
Apr 17, 2013, 05:54 PM
JP. Have to be crazy to wait for US(obvious flame bait).

Chik'Tikka
Apr 17, 2013, 05:57 PM
*remembers SEGAC's management for US PSU and US PSU 360*
PSO2, because content is here 1st, before ESRB "nerfing" (come on, that wet towel will never make it state side) plus JP PSO2 has unofficial and nearly complete English patches with item names even being worked on+^_^+ only issue i see to not go JP side is horrendous AC markup and difficulty in acquiring+^_^+

Mekhana
Apr 17, 2013, 05:59 PM
Every time someone makes a western server thread a kitten is killed.

Noc Codez
Apr 17, 2013, 06:01 PM
If you want crap service delayed content and now a delayed expansion then go US/EU
but If you want updates on a reg basis and actually play the game as it was intended ? come JP plain and simple..

Tulio07
Apr 17, 2013, 06:02 PM
Few months ago I would have said US but JP is so far ahead now, I'm not willing to wait for a year+ for the content that JP has now.

jooozek
Apr 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
might as well go to blue oyster for lady hunting

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
I'll play on both because I think both could be so much better but I know sega. :E

Reia
Apr 17, 2013, 06:23 PM
I will stay in JP server, but I'm on a campaign to get the game more known so it gets a localization. Mostly doing this so my friends can play and can't make any excuses like the ones people make of "Why I don't play JP". But is not like I won't touch the EN server, I will be there just to play with my friends but my main stays in JP :3

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2013, 06:27 PM
Every time someone makes a western server thread a kitten is killed.
Everytime you pay sega a pregnant kitten dies.
You need to know both verisons are bad because it's the same company. WHich is almost on EA's level.

Du1337
Apr 17, 2013, 06:58 PM
If there will be easyer ways to get Arks Cash I stay JP...

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 17, 2013, 07:16 PM
I'll just de-freind people who think the US version will actually be updated and good

Daemyn
Apr 17, 2013, 07:27 PM
I could not decide which one :c .

I'll probably play both for a while.

If the US version turns out good I'll move to it slowly and if not I'll just keep playing on the JP version like I have been for quite some time.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 17, 2013, 07:39 PM
I'm sticking with the Japanese servers. I have friends interested in the US servers, but I have no desire to jump ship and reroll. At one point I wouldn't have minded moving over, but no, I will not move.

That's just my take on it.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
This thread again.

Gama
Apr 17, 2013, 07:47 PM
the biggest mistake i did on psu is not starting on the jp servers.

Noblewine
Apr 17, 2013, 07:52 PM
The best option is the JP server since your going to get everything. NA/EU gets the short end of the stick. I say neither though. I don't trust sega after the bs they pulled on PSU and the sudden "pull the plug" decision they made while lying about getting the supplement update before it shut down.

Lostbob117
Apr 17, 2013, 07:55 PM
Really depends how much they have on us when it comes out.

~Aya~
Apr 17, 2013, 07:56 PM
I know chopnese. I invented the laungauge !^~^

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2013, 07:58 PM
JP, because I feel that the updates and content will be better, as was the case with PSU. The language barrier doesn't bother me, since I've learned and memorized all the menus. I'm even beginning to memorize some katakana characters too, just because I've seen them so much.

plasism
Apr 17, 2013, 07:59 PM
You have to understand that you're posting this thread on psow which most of the people here would definitely stay on the japanese server. You won't find much people who actually want to play the US server here.

Valimer
Apr 17, 2013, 08:04 PM
I'm going to give NA a shot only because I don't care for going through loop holes and spending extra cash to purchase AC.

blace
Apr 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
We're only able to stay on due to Sakai himself, even then it's his word over Sega as a whole.

Yden
Apr 17, 2013, 08:25 PM
US because screw foreign transactions fees.

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2013, 08:56 PM
The only people who would pick the US version are those who are new to the PSO series altogether. If you have played any of the previous games, you would know better.

LordShade
Apr 17, 2013, 09:00 PM
Staying on JP, but you can count me trying to kick up as much dust as possible on the EN forums just to piss off everybody :D

HEY EN, HOWS THAT DARK FALZ YOU DON'T HAVE
WHAT ABOUT THAT QUARTZ DRAGON
OH OH WHAT ABOUT THEM DEWMANS
HAHA YOU WILL NEVER GET THEM!

etc.

Rosel
Apr 17, 2013, 09:02 PM
US server, because it will have a larger, more diverse English community. It's that simple. The JP PSO2 community is very niche.

Edit: If the US server is too far behind though, I just won't play at all.

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2013, 09:17 PM

That would explain why I've never heard of them.

US because screw foreign transactions fees.

This is the best argument for the US servers that I've ever heard.

Maronji
Apr 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
I love JP as much as the next guy, but I'd like to be able to play with IRL buddies, and most of them are only going to play on the US/EU servers. It's too much trouble to have to look up registration guides, fight through JP captchas, and download translation patches bi-weekly/monthly.

Hell, like I said before, if it weren't for the fact that I'm internet/research savvy and preferred the extra knowledge going into the game, I'd probably be right there with them.

Staying on JP, but you can count me trying to kick up as much dust as possible on the EN forums just to piss off everybody :D

Oh, you're one of those people.

LordShade
Apr 17, 2013, 09:46 PM
I love JP as much as the next guy, but I'd like to be able to play with IRL buddies, and most of them are only going to play on the US/EU servers. It's too much trouble to have to look up registration guides, fight through JP captchas, and download translation patches bi-weekly/monthly.

Hell, like I said before, if it weren't for the fact that I'm internet/research savvy and preferred the extra knowledge going into the game, I'd probably be right there with them.

Oh, you're one of those people.

call it subtle temptation. (I don't blame my actions though, I've been burned so hard over the years, I'll never forgive them)

I also like watching carnage ensure from a distance.

HIT0SHI
Apr 17, 2013, 10:28 PM
By the the time the NA severs comes along, I will already know what I want.
I know witch class to be, what weapons to get, which armors to get, what type of mag stats i want and what to do with my skilltrees.

I will stay on JP mainly, but i will also play the NA version from time to time. I don't mind the custom patches i need to get or even the Japanese voice overs however, the hirangana capcha, all the loops holes, and the foreign fees infuriate me. I highly doubt SEGA will keep the NA severs up to date especially with their track record of these series in comparison to the JP servers, but if they suddenly change and actually keep it up to date, I might consider switching.

Courina
Apr 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
i'd rather have if the PSO2 utilize the languange selector in their launcher...

somewhat from my experience playing imported games from japan, the publisher costumer service very horrible, not mention they hardly can act without approve from HQ at japan, make if anything happen like bug or what, always late to handled...

Blundy
Apr 17, 2013, 11:04 PM
well there has to be a us server first.....

Totori
Apr 17, 2013, 11:55 PM
well there has to be a us server first.....

That would make this a little fair honestly, but just to vote I say US. Since I have no proof on how that server is going to turn out.

Drifting Fable
Apr 18, 2013, 12:16 AM
http://t.qkme.me/3ridzh.jpg

I see literally no reason not to anyhow. I've already have made about 10 characters and I'm still kicking, an 11th go-around shouldn't be too bad.

ShinMaruku
Apr 18, 2013, 12:21 AM
We're only able to stay on due to Sakai himself, even then it's his word over Sega as a whole.

Thus when the US version was out and sega had sense and wanted some real money they'd boot you all. But Sega is not smart. ;)

Pirrip
Apr 18, 2013, 02:54 AM
Japanese servers because I live in Japan.

Valimer
Apr 18, 2013, 03:09 AM
Japanese servers because I live in Japan.

Have you met many people playing PSO2 there?

Pirrip
Apr 18, 2013, 03:59 AM
Have you met many people playing PSO2 there?

Yes and no. I have friends I went to university with that moved here and still play occasionally, but aside from that, not really. ^_^ I've only been here for a month, though.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2013, 04:02 AM
Even if there was no English patch or anything I'd still stay on the Japanese servers. I always hate starting over on a game I spend hundreds of hours on. So yeah staying JP servers

Alisha
Apr 18, 2013, 04:12 AM
Thus when the US version was out and sega had sense and wanted some real money they'd boot you all. But Sega is not smart. ;)

if they did that i wouldnt come back to either server

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2013, 04:38 AM
I've gotta ask. What if the JP version outright blocks US/EU IPs when the US version drops?

Maronji
Apr 18, 2013, 04:59 AM
I've gotta ask. What if the JP version outright blocks US/EU IPs when the US version drops?
I think the common opinions are either this:

if they did that i wouldnt come back to either server
or proxies/VPNs.

Me? I'll just move to US/EU completely until those inevitably die a pitiful, early death. I'm not going to go through that much trouble just to play on JP, but I wouldn't just give up entirely (unless it's just that bad).

Inazuma
Apr 18, 2013, 06:10 AM

I would try using a proxy and if it didn't work extremely well, I would quit PSO2 altogether and boycott Sega over it.

Kion
Apr 18, 2013, 06:14 AM
You need to know both verisons are bad because it's the same company. WHich is almost on EA's level.

Are you serious? SEGA sucks so much that EA running this game would likely be a huge step up.

Syklo
Apr 18, 2013, 06:23 AM
Neither;

Oceania server plox.

Requiem Aeternam
Apr 18, 2013, 06:30 AM
I would try using a proxy and if it didn't work extremely well, I would quit PSO2 altogether and boycott Sega over it.

Pretty much this. If I wasn't able to play the japanese PSO2 I'd just not bother with the game. I'll be sticking with the japanese servers especially since I've spent almost 500 hours on my 2 characters (it's a lot for me). Playing on the japanese servers is also helping me learn the language more ^^

AgemFrostMage
Apr 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
http://t.qkme.me/3ridzh.jpg

I see literally no reason not to anyhow. I've already have made about 10 characters and I'm still kicking, an 11th go-around shouldn't be too bad.

Because one will be lightyears behind the other one, one will have vastly superior customer service and probably voice acting too, one will have faster bug fixes, one will have the story as it was meant to be told instead of changed to accommodate western tastes and made appropriate for children, so no wet towels.

Why not both? One is clearly superior, that's why.

ShinMaruku
Apr 18, 2013, 01:18 PM
Are you serious? SEGA sucks so much that EA running this game would likely be a huge step up.

Sega don't kill devs teams Sega may mothball them but never just up and kill studios.Sega has benign incompetence EA sometimes their incompetence looks like malfeasance.

Fyreus
Apr 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
US server, because it will have a larger, more diverse English community. It's that simple. The JP PSO2 community is very niche.

Edit: If the US server is too far behind though, I just won't play at all.

PSO itself is a very small niche to begin with, so i think the EN servers would make it even more smaller imho.

I can't imagine leaving my new asian friends and EU friends just to join a ship of people that use the same language as i do, like most japanese english speakers i run into, so i can meet a smaller sect of english players. Imagine telling the EU they'll get their own server so they don't have to play with the asia/jp/na players knowing very well the former won't jump servers in most cases to play with them. Segac was once loved for bringing a community together and now we see this...

Dnd
Apr 18, 2013, 02:44 PM
Not gonna start over again just for the sake of playing with afew 'good' English speaking people (I imagine the EU/NA servers are gonna be hell on earth generally speaking), going through ALL that grinding and ALL that dudu hassle just to play content I was playing months ago? no chance. The group of people I know from this server on pso2 will be more then enough to keep me playing until the servers shut-down.

Rosel
Apr 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
PSO itself is a very small niche to begin with, so i think the EN servers would make it even more smaller imho.

I can't imagine leaving my new asian friends and EU friends just to join a ship of people that use the same language as i do, like most japanese english speakers i run into, so i can meet a smaller sect of english players. Imagine telling the EU they'll get their own server so they don't have to play with the asia/jp/na players knowing very well the former won't jump servers in most cases to play with them. Segac was once loved for bringing a community together and now we see this...

PSO is niche, but I think a F2P action MMO will draw in plenty of people who aren't even PSO fans.

The people willing to deal with constant language barriers, Japanese captchas, bloated fees on AC, those are the SUPER niche. PSO2 has a very, very, very small community of mostly like-minded people (not all).

But basically you're not going to find a whole lot of diverse people to talk to and meet. Everyone is mostly interested in anime and things like that.