PDA

View Full Version : Do mobs still not scale with # of players?

layn2321
Apr 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hey all, I've taken a break from the game for a while and I was just wondering if they have adjusted the scaling of mobs with number of players, or if they've said anything about an intention of doing so?

Not saying everyone would agree that it's a problem, but for me, personally, it took a lot of the fun out of the game due to the combination of the game encouraging large groups, but the difficulty sinking through the floor with said groups. So I'm just wondering if it's all still the same, thanks for any input!

ashley50
Apr 17, 2013, 09:59 PM
Hey all, I've taken a break from the game for a while and I was just wondering if they have adjusted the scaling of mobs with number of players, or if they've said anything about an intention of doing so?
Nope.

Rayden
Apr 17, 2013, 10:02 PM
I agree that the game is far too easy, but what would be the point of having more players if the mobs were made harder to compensate for it? You should need to party with other players to make things easier, not just have it the same.

Personally, I hate the multiparty system and think it should go away or only be available for events.

Maronji
Apr 17, 2013, 10:04 PM
I agree that the game is far too easy, but what would be the point of having more players if the mobs were made harder to compensate for it?

If you did the Borderlands thing (which me and/or another guy thought about once before), there'd be the prospect of better loot with each extra person with you.

But we all know that Sega's not going to go that route, much less wipe out multi-parties altogether.

Rosel
Apr 17, 2013, 10:08 PM
Nope... the game is pretty much a mindless zerg. Even if you have 12 people, the mobs are still the same strength.

There also isn't more spawns with more people, I don't think.

layn2321
Apr 17, 2013, 10:09 PM
I agree that the game is far too easy, but what would be the point of having more players if the mobs were made harder to compensate for it? You should need to party with other players to make things easier, not just have it the same.

Personally, I hate the multiparty system and think it should go away or only be available for events.

More mobs, more loot, better PSE bursts. Not to mention being able to rez others in multi-play. Right now, you're given all the positives without having any negatives, other than it being arguably less fun due to being a cakewalk. On one hand, it discourages solo play which I'm sure some like, but without the health scaling enemies die far too quickly for me to find it enjoyable at all. It's my personal taste, though -- I'm not intending to trash on those that enjoy the system. This is one of the few games you'll find that wasn't designed to scale the enemy difficulty for multi-play, though, and I think most would agree that it's for good reason.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2013, 10:19 PM
More exp per kill in a group (yes, you get a sizeable exp bonus for the same exact enemies)
More mob spawns for more exp, drops, and PSE

And obviously 12 players' worth of attacks and damage destroys everything before it happens

Courina
Apr 17, 2013, 10:40 PM
the spawn system so far in my observation, seems depend on how efficient you slaughtering, despite still pretty random sometimes...
like if you kill mobs like it nothing on your way, more spawn occur and more chance EC happen, and obviously faster PSE happen...
this main reason why large party in MP still better, slaughter everything faster.

KatsujinkenKik
Apr 18, 2013, 12:09 PM
the spawn system so far in my observation, seems depend on how efficient you slaughtering, despite still pretty random sometimes...
like if you kill mobs like it nothing on your way, more spawn occur and more chance EC happen, and obviously faster PSE happen...
this main reason why large party in MP still better, slaughter everything faster.

Yea, i've noticed that too recently. I would be running skylands alone in a locked MPA and the mobs were spawning like if there were more than 6 people. I was seeing like 8 baridorans or nodiransas at a time, 10 set sadinians. I thought it was just my level but I noticed they come out a lot more as I kept running around.