PDA

View Full Version : This good enough?

Oxbaren
Apr 20, 2013, 05:27 PM
:-?Don't know if this is a good class to start out but here it goes.....====

Cast - Fighter

Good?

Oh and one more thing do you have to be hunter then fighter?
Or what?
Please sorry if i don't know i just got new to this...:D love it though

Gama
Apr 20, 2013, 05:30 PM
you need to be hunter lvl 30 and then do a couple of cos to unlock fighter

Oxbaren
Apr 20, 2013, 05:34 PM
But is it good?

Kraiseson
Apr 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
yes its good if your hunter is leveled up accordingly.
Alot of the boosts you get from subbing a Hunter really make the fighter worth it.
and vice versa.

Oxbaren
Apr 20, 2013, 05:40 PM
So to be clear its a very good start?

Cast - Hunter
then
Cast - Fighter

The Walrus
Apr 20, 2013, 05:52 PM
Put it this way, the game is so easy you can't really go wrong at all.

Oxbaren
Apr 20, 2013, 05:54 PM
Lol Thanks!

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 06:58 PM
Casts are the best melee race in the game.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
By 10%. Compared to the worst. The only difference between the best and the worst will be that you need to wait a few levels before you can equip a piece of equipment. So really, just use race as a visual preference. Go newman if you prefer how it looks.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 07:41 PM
True but they asked if it was good. So just telling them it's not only good, it's the best for that class.

Syklo
Apr 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
It's not good if you can't play it right well.

What's good is what you can use effectively.

DreamState83
Apr 20, 2013, 08:22 PM

There is no way to play anything to its potential until you practice ;)

Ueno54
Apr 20, 2013, 08:50 PM
Use Deadly Archer and watch everything die.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 09:06 PM

that's a ridiculous statement.

Why would you be able to play a female newman Hu/Fi better than a male cast Hu/Fi?

=/

You're smart enough not to say stuff like that.

~Aya~
Apr 20, 2013, 09:13 PM

Why would you be able to play a female newman Hu/Fi better than a male cast Hu/Fi?

=/

<--- Newman female Hu-Fi ^~^...

Syklo
Apr 20, 2013, 09:16 PM

=/

if the newearl played better than the male cast, i.e. that cast player sucked badly.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, since stats shouldn't matter to "play better" :-?

Meji
Apr 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Go newman if you prefer how it looks.More love for us newmen! <3

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 11:44 PM
if the newearl played better than the male cast, i.e. that cast player sucked badly.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, since stats shouldn't matter to "play better" :-?

Player's skill level isn't a variable when the only difference between two characters is stats.

If a single player were to run Hu/Fi, male cast is always a better choice than female newman. Aesthetics and skill level aren't a factor. You know that.

Syklo
Apr 21, 2013, 01:38 AM
Player's skill level isn't a variable when the only difference between two characters is stats.

If a single player were to run Hu/Fi, male cast is always a better choice than female newman. Aesthetics and skill level aren't a factor. You know that.

I think we're talking about different things....from what I can tell, you're describing a single-player&class;multi-character scenario, in which case there's no argument necessary.
My rebuttal was a multi-player;multi/single-character comparison, in which skill level IS a variable (across each player).
Initial response was in terms of single-player&character;multi-CLASS, in which skill level is a variable since gameplay/style is also a variable. Also merely a descriptive statement, not a comparison (I only said "good", not "good but ___ would be better"; if you can play a cast-FI well, ok; if you can play a newearl-FI well, ok. Whether you play one better (overall) than the other, idc.)

....And only now do I realise the OP said :

CAST - FIGHTER
Totally disregarded the race there :wacko:

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 21, 2013, 01:48 AM
Exactly.

If he has just asked fighter, this would have been a different conversation lol.

By glossing over the question you kinda missed the point of what was being said.

I wasn't talking in the scope of all classes and all class/race combinations. He's asking melee. He wants melee. Best STRICTLY melee race/gender is male cast.

That's as far as the conversation goes.

UnLucky
Apr 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
By 10%. Compared to the worst. The only difference between the best and the worst will be that you need to wait a few levels before you can equip a piece of equipment. So really, just use race as a visual preference. Go newman if you prefer how it looks.

Well, that and HP. That's the biggest difference for me.

Coatl
Apr 21, 2013, 02:08 AM
My friend is lv 52/54 RA/HU and still can't wear the a varder set because she chose newearl. It's true that the r-def point difference seems small on paper, but it ends up equating to days of grinding exp to wear the same equipment someone with a better race/class choice has.

Doesn't matter in the end though yeah.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 21, 2013, 06:22 AM
It can also mean waiting for a level cap increase which can be months