PDA

View Full Version : Us question

Oxbaren
Apr 20, 2013, 05:46 PM
For the us version if it comes out will we be able to buy meseta? For real cash?
Like spend irl money for in game cash?:-?

The Walrus
Apr 20, 2013, 05:51 PM
No.

You'll still be able to make it by selling stuff in a shop though.

DreamState83
Apr 20, 2013, 08:33 PM
To each his or her own, but I've always felt that buying your way to the top would spoil the game much faster than enjoying the ride.

reala728
Apr 20, 2013, 08:56 PM
that would be a game breaker. cash shops shouldnt be used to potentially make your character better than others. i know there are some ways to do so, but it should definitely be limited.

Syklo
Apr 20, 2013, 09:12 PM
[spoiler-box]Ok seriously wtf
YOU WANT TO RMT? (Real-money Trade; pay real money for in-game cash via third party)
Might as well just hack the game for the cash and get banned either way

I don't even......[/spoiler-box]
/rant

If you meant something like directly purchase meseta packs from an AC shop, I doubt it.
Not to mention, wouldn't you rather spend that AC on a scratch? Then either you get something good and keep, or not and sell for meseta.

and purchasing meseta directly is pitiable. you seriously want to just buy your way to the top? :-x:-x
If so,
Respect: 10^(10^100)↓

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2013, 09:58 PM
Sure, but not through legitimate sources. You can even do it on the JP version!

...actually, I'd encourage that. It'll get more of the sellers banned.

Rekku
Apr 20, 2013, 10:09 PM
Technically we won't know what kind of IRL money setup US POS2 might have, we might get an AC equivalent, but that's as far as they should go. A separate currency that can be bought with real money, not the main currency of the game. Take Gaia Online for example, you buy Gaia Cash with real money, while Gaia Gold is the main currency (the one you use to buy items from other users, and from the main shops that aren't the Cash shop). You use Cash to buy items from the Cash Shop which you then sell on the Marketplace for gold, but you do not buy gold directly.

From what I've gleaned reading the forums (I haven't jumped on board yet) you use Arks Cash to buy Scratches and other stuff; whatever items you get from that you can sell for meseta. So pretty similar to the Gaia setup I know. And that's how it should be, like others have said. No one can stop you from offsite trading, but SEGA would be smart not to let anyone ever buy meseta directly.

DS23
Apr 21, 2013, 01:29 AM
If you have a shop money is a friggin joke in game, but you can't directly pay for meseta (well not officially anyway).

Coatl
Apr 21, 2013, 01:56 AM
Sure, but not through legitimate sources. You can even do it on the JP version!

...actually, I'd encourage that. It'll get more of the sellers banned.

Buying meseta with IRL cash will actually just increase the amount of sellers. >_>

blace
Apr 21, 2013, 02:02 AM
There was a game that did allow you to purchase in game currency with real money. The only reason anyone needed to do that was simply due to the in game currency only ever affecting you, as in untradeable money. Not like PSO2 where two players need premium to trade, but the money was never tradeable to begin with.

Syklo
Apr 21, 2013, 02:41 AM
There was a game that did allow you to purchase in game currency with real money. The only reason anyone needed to do that was simply due to the in game currency only ever affecting you, as in untradeable money. Not like PSO2 where two players need premium to trade, but the money was never tradeable to begin with.
There's also a game that allows in-game currency to be purchaseable with real money, which IS TRADABLE

and guess what it is (or was)?
Maplestory

blace
Apr 21, 2013, 02:51 AM
I liked how the other game did it. It was anti-RMT, with the biggest drawback being that you have to earn everything yourself.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 21, 2013, 03:32 AM
There's also a game that allows in-game currency to be purchaseable with real money, which IS TRADABLE

and guess what it is (or was)?
Maplestory

Yeah they have that option on certain events, but anybody could tell you it was a ripoff to begin with, and the only people who bought the mesos from Nexon were either kids who couldn't play the market or players not wanting to RMT. In fact, a lot of people just trade NX for mesos (while broadcasting it across the whole server), and although it breaks ToS little to no people get banned because lolnexon. 10k NX ($10 USD) can net you +500 million mesos depending on the server and indefinite exchange rates.

Retehi
Apr 21, 2013, 05:03 AM
You'd love Diablo 3 OP. :roll:

AgemFrostMage
Apr 21, 2013, 03:36 PM
Guild Wars 2 has a cash for gem trade, but it sucks because the rate is never consistent and the gold is always severely overpriced (at least when I played).

I have mixed feelings about trading cash for gold:

1.I only agree if it's sold by the company directly, like with GW2, third party gold can't be trusted.

2.It's a fixed rate and gold prices don't change based on the market. So, for $10 you'd get 30 gold, etc.

3.It's a great way for the company to earn revenue. No income means no game, after all, and devs deserve being paid.

Disagree on:

1.Could break the gameplay.

2.Cause inflation, though this is only a bad thing for auction houses/trading posts, is good for ingame stuff that always (at least should) have a fixed price.

3.Gives richer people a bigger advantage, and if implemented I don't see SEGA putting a cap on meseta purchased with IRL money.

supersonix9
Apr 21, 2013, 03:49 PM
how is anyone supposed to know that, even it was true