PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have so low damage compared to others as force ?

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 04:07 AM
So.... I don't get it.
I'm lv46 Force, with fighter as sub. I have fire on skill tree, and am using Rafoie as basic spell. I don't have good stuff for now, as I don't find any 10 stars, I use a red rod for now. Got about 1300 tech power.
And I'm hitting between 1000 and 1500 on normal enemies of my level.

This seemed okay to me, until I saw more and more others force doing crazy numbers compared to mine.
At first I though it's cause they have crazy stuff and are lv60, but still...
I can understand they do double my damage due to the difference on stuff and level...

But I see more and more people doing 5x more or even 10x more... and I really don't get how it's that possible to have that much of a difference.
When I see teamates hit at 10k I wonder what I'm doing wrong... but asking them didn't helped me.

So, can someone tell me is that is normal ?
Is this really a question of stuff and level, or does my numbers means I'm doing something wrong ? And if that's so what ?
Thanks for the answers.

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2013, 04:11 AM
If you're using Rafoie as your standard spell and aren't using TPS mode, then you're likely missing out on a lot of weak spot damage, especially against smaller enemies whose heads you can't lock onto. Other forces you see are likely using Zonde, which is better for hitting weak spots on lots of targets, and have set up their skill trees to support that. Coupled with the fact your gear is only giving you 1300 T-Atk, as well as the fact that your weapon is a Red Rod, I'd say that explains the difference in damage you're seeing.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2013, 04:24 AM
What's your skill, and are you hitting the weak spot?

Crimson Exile
Apr 22, 2013, 04:27 AM
Most force have like a total of 2000+ Tech atk without any like tree buffs or drinks. (maybe a little less)

Dnd
Apr 22, 2013, 04:55 AM
Some more info might help. but anyway.

Tech charge advance 1/2 to 10/10 really help out, its another flat 121% damage increase.
Tech JA advance 1 to 10/10 is another 10% flat modifier to JA techs (On top of the boost above, its really noticable)

As fighter, you'd want at least brave/wise stance (depending, wise stance is only really useful on falz for soloing) to lv5 but both their increases to lv10. The damage increases on top of everything else are just insane.

As my techer (lv45 Te/lv32 fo). With just Tech charge advance 1/2 to 10/10, fire mastery 1 at 5/10 and fire mastery 2 at 1/10 (With techer providing element weak hit at 10/10 for a 20% boost) My rafoies where hitting natives in VH for 2.4-2.5k with 1,828 t-atk buffed, not even on weakspots.

This game is kind of broken, because everything is just a % modifier on top of everything else and without them, damage suffers more then it should

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 04:58 AM
We were on forest, normal enemies don't have weak point, but my teammates were hitting at like 10k

When on darkers for example I can go to 3000 when on hit point.

@DnD : I have taken these skills already, except the JA bonus

Lebensohl
Apr 22, 2013, 05:15 AM
We were on forest, normal enemies don't have weak point
O.O Well, that explains a lot.

jooozek
Apr 22, 2013, 06:06 AM
your main problem is that you are using a red rod

Raymee
Apr 22, 2013, 06:24 AM
equip your force with adept, v801, smart link and heavenly/arms, ignition cloak, SI/GI/RA merge, 15/0/0/185 agastya mag for badassness looks
get striker of chao, summit moon, magical piece and perhaps a psycho wand
youll be dealing damage in no time

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 07:08 AM
O.O Well, that explains a lot.

well if they have, then it's not written on the guides...
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enemy.php#native

I remember trying a shitload of time aiming for the head, but that was doing nothing at all.

Meji
Apr 22, 2013, 07:13 AM
I remember trying a shitload of time aiming for the head, but that was doing nothing at all.IIRC, the heads are only weak to bullets.

Bellion
Apr 22, 2013, 07:18 AM
IIRC, the heads are only weak to bullets.

Correct, this applies to many of your average mobs. Then there's something stupid like Windira that have the head weak point sound when hit with bullets, but it doesn't count as a weak point. >:|

Most mob headshots are x2 damage.

@TC: What does your skill tree look like for main and sub? That 1300 T-atk total is rather low, so start focusing on affixing T-atk souls and Tech 3 on your units when you can.

Dextro
Apr 22, 2013, 07:46 AM
- Your T-Atk is at least 600pts lower than the lv60s that you're comparing yourself to.

- Your average damage is hindered by level correction penalties, and the -25% DEX from the red rod only makes it worse.

- Lv60s have a fully complete (possibly pure-element) skill tree.
That means a whole lot of dmg%+ multipliers, and those multipliers feed off of your base T-Atk (you can see where this is going).

BlankM
Apr 22, 2013, 09:23 AM
Properly affixed gear will make about a 240 T-atk difference. Red rod also has a dex penalty as well as having lower stats then the more expensive spellstone shop rods. You're better off with a lambda garland until you can get Rubiascent.

After that its just leveling up and putting points into your skill tree.

AgemFrostMage
Apr 22, 2013, 09:45 AM
Do you have it the strategically position? In other games it doesn't let you strategically position you stand where you hit them but they cannot hit you and they go invincible! You say are a force right? Strategic position for you is keep distance if possible, I too played a force and it was important especially with X-Box controller.

Shadowth117
Apr 22, 2013, 10:08 AM
More than likely, this is related to your skill trees. If you're doing a large sum less with the same spell, this is usually the case.

I'm guessing you're running Force/Techer, but right off from that you would be doing less damage more than likely because you're not Force/Fighter for one thing. For another thing, if you have say a fire tree and want to use lightning spells or vice versa, you will notice a huge difference in damage between you and those who have a proper skill tree for that element. Most of the time, the lack of large % multipliers is what's killing a lot of one's damage.

Macman
Apr 22, 2013, 10:11 AM
- Your average damage is hindered by level correction penalties
This is news to me. Would you please explain?

Dextro
Apr 22, 2013, 10:36 AM
This is news to me. Would you please explain?

The factor of your DEX vs the enemy's DEX to determine the range of your average damage.

Since nobody really augments their equipment with stuff to boost the DEX stat, the difference between us and the enemy is essentially determined by the base stats of our current level vs the base stats of theirs.

So a lv42 against a lv~42 enemy would be fairly even, but it varies from mob to mob. In most cases, using a 7* or higher weapon provides a large enough DEX increase to offset any imbalance and hide the damage variation. But with a -25% detriment from the red rod, he's essentially casting as a lv30~, which puts a pretty low ceiling on the max damage he can do.
At this point -until he reaches the 'soft cap' - he'll see similar results in increasing his DEX as he would just straight up increasing ATK.

We did testing on this a while back when Tundra was first released, it's around here somewhere :)

Punisher106
Apr 22, 2013, 10:38 AM
equip your force with adept, v801, smart link and heavenly/arms, ignition cloak, SI/GI/RA merge, 15/0/0/185 agastya mag for badassness looks

You forgot to say that you pray he's playing a FOnewm if he's using Rafoie. :lol:

FOnewm+Red Merge+Pwand=WHERE DID THE ENEMIES GO?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 22, 2013, 10:40 AM
The factor of your DEX vs the enemy's DEX to determine the range of your average damage.

Since nobody really augments their equipment with stuff to boost the DEX stat, the difference between us and the enemy is essentially determined by the base stats of our current level vs the base stats of theirs.

So a lv42 against a lv~42 enemy would be fairly even, but it varies from mob to mob. In most cases, using a 7* or higher weapon provides a large enough DEX increase to offset any imbalance and hide the damage variation. But with a -25% detriment from the red rod, he's essentially casting as a lv30~, which puts a pretty low ceiling on the max damage he can do.
At this point -until he reaches the 'soft cap' - he'll see similar results in increasing his DEX as he would just straight up increasing ATK.

We did testing on this a while back when Tundra was first released, it's around here somewhere :)

unless your a RA, RA tree forces you to buy DEX with SP, especially if you wanna go the weak hit, weak bullet route+^_^+

Skyly HUmar
Apr 22, 2013, 10:48 AM

Beautiful. and what do you mean si/gi/ra? 3 seals is the way to go!

:)

Shame aint it? lol. But pretty much this, the more dex you have the higher your average damage done and the lower your average damage taken is.... <.< TAKEN!

Macman
Apr 22, 2013, 11:11 AM

I knew about DEX. It's just you made it sound like level was a completely separate variable in the mix.

MetalDude
Apr 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
So that's why I deal shit damage in AQs. Gotta finally catch up on my classes.

Neith
Apr 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
Looking at this, I think I need to overhaul my Force as well. Using Elder Rod/Elder units at the minute, but consistently failing to get decent affixes on my units (as well as having next to no health, thanks to the Elder set's complete lack of it). :lol:

Courina
Apr 22, 2013, 12:10 PM
waaaait what? red weaponaries have penalty???

Laxedrane
Apr 22, 2013, 12:45 PM
Most force have like a total of 2000+ Tech atk without any like tree buffs or drinks. (maybe a little less)

Without tree buffs or drinks?

Taking an upgraded Vyzfrost +10 as the average gear. That's a 534 gap as a 60/60 Fonewearl/te to hit. With +75(Soul+TechIII+ABility III) on each slot it can be on with a mag with 150 in T attack. It's only 450 T attack. That's a 74 point difference. Maybe you can make that gap with a good set bonus. But most set bonus don't have more then +30 T attack unless the weapon included.

You need a psycho wand to make this claim. Even with tree buffs you still would need top of the line gear and a narcissistic level of gear. Far from "Most" Forces.

With buffs I have no doubt most Forces hit 2k T attack. Without drinks/shifta and tree I think your pushing it.

Neith
Apr 22, 2013, 12:48 PM
waaaait what? red weaponaries have penalty???

It's thought that Red weapons have a negative Dex modifier, which results in more varied damage. I can't say for sure, but I did notice it a lot with Red Rod.

Shadowth117
Apr 22, 2013, 01:00 PM

Taking an upgraded Vyzfrost +10 as the average gear. That's a 534 gap as a 60/60 Fonewearl/te to hit. With +75(Soul+TechIII+ABility III) on each slot it can be on with a mag with 150 in T attack. It's only 450 T attack. That's a 74 point difference. Maybe you can make that gap with a good set bonus. But most set bonus don't have more then +30 T attack unless the weapon included.

You need a psycho wand to make this claim. Even with tree buffs you still would need top of the line gear and a narcissistic level of gear. Far from "Most" Forces.

With buffs I have no doubt most Forces hit 2k T attack. Without drinks/shifta and tree I think your pushing it.

This may not count as average but...
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/eQlO4ep.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Standard 3 points into tatk with a fighter sub. With another skill tree and with a techer sub, I would have 2100+ tatk idle.

Edit: Oh yeah, my force isn't 60 yet. My techer and fighter are though for reference.

jiasu73
Apr 22, 2013, 01:55 PM

Can reach 2000+ as FO/TE with banther set and pyrox rods at standard x2-3 which is the average nowadays , atleast from what ive been seeing in most AQ parties.This would need a heavy mag though. Mine reaches just a bit over 2100 with 3/10 t-atk in FO tree but 10/10 in techer tree with full x4 gear. I would say average is about mid 1900s though for FOs 55-60
http://i.imgur.com/OcEQNzU.jpg

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the new answers, it's better than the first ones :)

Concerning the red rod, I tried at the begining, comparing to my old weapon (a siege processor, I never used a garland, I think I didn't had enough t-atk at this time), and didn't saw much difference, and given I hated the skin of my old weapon, I never used it again.
But now that you're talking about it, it's true I sometime saw numbers pretty different from time to time, so the DEX may have some influence, I'll check again.

edit : okay, I don't get it, I tried equiping both, and MY DEX DOESNT CHANGE AT ALL !!!

But on the point of this thread, more than asking what I should do to be crazy strong, I was mostly asking if that was normal for someone of my level without 10 stars and others good stuff... and you didn't answered much on this one.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 02:50 PM
well what they're basically saying is with no 10*s you should only have about 200 less T atk than someone with the best 10*s so you need to work on your affixes. The other thing to look at is your skill tree since there are a lot of damage multipliers you can and should be picking up.

Btw if you can't buy an Elder Rod, you should at least pick up a Lambda Garland. It's stronger than Red Rod and the damage variance will be much smaller.

Dinosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 02:56 PM
Concerning the red rod, I tried at the begining, comparing to my old weapon (a siege processor, I never used a garland, I think I didn't had enough t-atk at this time), and didn't saw much difference, and given I hated the skin of my old weapon, I never used it again.
But now that you're talking about it, it's true I sometime saw numbers pretty different from time to time, so the DEX may have some influence, I'll check again.

edit : okay, I don't get it, I tried equiping both, and MY DEX DOESNT CHANGE AT ALL !!!

But on the point of this thread, more than asking what I should do to be crazy strong, I was mostly asking if that was normal for someone of my level without 10 stars and others good stuff... and you didn't answered much on this one.

Rare weapon DEX modifiers are hidden.

I feel that if you post your skill tree, we can determine the problem.

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 03:21 PM
my skills : http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04hDb3IkIBfb3Ikb3IkIVI2b3Ik0lbIn0000 009brnnOIb4SIb0000ib00000ib00006tOIkdxcajbnlb0000I b000008

Dinosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 03:25 PM
my skills : http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04hDb3IkIBfb3Ikb3IkIVI2b3Ik0lbIn0000 009brnnOIb4SIb0000ib00000ib00006tOIkdxcajbnlb0000I b000008

Your Fighter's "Stance Up" skills are not maxed out. These are crucial to a Fighter skill tree. This is the reason you are missing out on a huge portion of your damage.

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2013, 03:30 PM
You're missing a big chunk of damage from only having a Lv 27 Fighter sub. The T-Atk that's costing you is trivial, but the fact that you can't max out your Stances and your Stance Ups is a serious contributor to the lack of damage you're seeing. You've also made some other mistakes in allocating your SP in both your Fighter and Force tree, but the big thing here is that you need more SP.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 22, 2013, 03:36 PM

you need to finish those stance up skillz, the higher they are they higher % boost you get for all damage done using said skillz+^_^+ get FI to 40 and you'll start hitting numbers you should be hitting+^_^+ also, max out the stances before doing the stance up skillz, better in the long run

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 03:37 PM
I know I made a few mistakes on the trees.
Conerning the sub, I'm currently levelling techer as everyone say it's better, and I will really like more PP regeneration, as I can't follow on MPA.
(my 40s being hunter and ranger, they have no use at all as subclass so I don't use them as so)

Concerning fighter, do the critical rate skills works for spells? or is it only for melee crit?

Also, a complety other question ; I don't get the element on the weapon : each time I compare 2 identical weapons, one with the element weakness of a monster and another with another element I never see ANY difference... do I understand this thing wrong? or do I need a crazy high % to see something? (I had basic 30% on the tests)

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2013, 03:39 PM
Element on a weapon is only a factor in striking and shooting based attacks. It does nothing for techniques. So, element on casting weapons does nothing, unless you're using the basic attack. And the Criticals do "work" on techniques...they're just intrinsically bad.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 03:45 PM

Uh...wow....

Use one of your resets, get your fighter to 30+, do your SP COs and set yourself up like this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04hDb3IkIEI2b3Ikb3IkIVI2b3Ik0lbIn000 0009brIGBfGF0000lb00000ib000064OI22SIxjbncAIc0000i b000008)

you can dump more points into your flame mastery later, but right now maxed flame tech S charge and the other stuff you have is just burning through PP and only helping fire techs. if you wanna keep the fire techs as they are that's fine, but you definitely need to fix your Fighter tree.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2013, 03:47 PM

You don't need more then 3 in your T-Atk up for your Force.
The T-atk gained in damage, is less, then the % from Tech Charge Advance, X Element Mastery and Tech JA Advance.
And try to focus on one element, not fire and lightning, you don't have enough SP for both.

On your fighter side, max the stance asap.
Critical isn't really that useful, as Force don't really attack that fast, and Critical only deals MAX damage, not 1.5 or 2x damage.

DreXxiN
Apr 22, 2013, 03:47 PM

Definitely got a grin out of this post and now I miss my FOnewm...It was so much cooler to finally have the stuff necessary to own as a Force than a Ranger in PSO where it was "lolmechguns S needle"

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 03:52 PM
You don't need more then 3 in your T-Atk up for your Force.
The T-atk gained in damage, is less, then the % from Tech Charge Advance, X Element Mastery and Tech JA Advance.
And try to focus on one element, not fire and lightning, you don't have enough SP for both.

On your fighter side, max the stance asap.
Critical isn't really that useful, as Force don't really attack that fast, and Critical only deals MAX damage, not 1.5 or 2x damage.

Fire and lightning are really easy to hybridize. if you're only going to have 1 tree, you may as well split the difference because lightning is good is just about every situation that fire isn't. if you spec fire, you run into bosses that have heavy fire resistance. if you spec lightning you miss out on Charge advance x 2 and Charge revival, so you have to do both to some extent. They definitely should do their SP COs though. They're so easy to complete now there's just no excuse.

raiden55
Apr 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
I saw hybrid skills fire/thunder on most guides, and anyway my point on lighting is from my first levels.

Have an issue now however... I can't level both fighter and techer at the same time... and my techer class is even lower than my fighter. I see lots of people using techer as sub, and on the guides both are said as good.
fighter is interesting as main class also, but I don't really like the stances, as you're losing time moving on the good size of the thrash... while more PP regen would be nice... but as you said maybe I should go to lighting tree for PP save, more than using techer sub as my PP savior...
Don't really know what to choose here, what would you suggest?

Also a big thanks to Xaeris for making me understand something I never got :)

ps : I did way more testing on my 2 rods, and I really don't see much difference on numbers' range with my red rod (was trying fighting mobs 4 level highter than me)

MetalDude
Apr 22, 2013, 04:10 PM
FO usually never has problems with lining up stance bonuses. If you ever have to hit weak points, you can TPS target them if you're using Rafoie or lock-on switch to it if that's possible.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 04:16 PM
You never have to reposition as Fo/Fi. if you do, you're doing something wrong.

jooozek
Apr 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
ps : I did way more testing on my 2 rods, and I really don't see much difference on numbers' range with my red rod (was trying fighting mobs 4 level highter than me)

good example of how terrible red weapons are (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2955896&postcount=11)

Crimson Exile
Apr 22, 2013, 04:30 PM

Lol most forces that I see on ship 2 have around the same gear. I myself have 1949 and i am not max on my sub class it's only lvl 48.

MetalDude
Apr 22, 2013, 04:31 PM
600 damage loss? That's seriously bad.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah the only real advantage that red weapons have is it's easy to 50% them. This is mostly fine for budget melee and ranged, but since attribute rate does nothing for techs, red weapons are really awful to use as a force or techer.

Seriously, pick up a Lambda Garland and upgrade that thing.

BlankM
Apr 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
you need to finish those stance up skillz, the higher they are they higher % boost you get for all damage done using said skillz+^_^+ get FI to 40 and you'll start hitting numbers you should be hitting+^_^+ also, max out the stances before doing the stance up skillz, better in the long run

Stance up gets you way more if you max it without the penalty. Brave and Wise only go up 1% per SP after level 5 and you get the damage penalty for wrong side. So I would suggest maxing stance up.

Also for Fo/Fi, if you aren't concerned about how you play as Fighter, you can max critical for brave stance. It can help(a little) with your variance problems, but definitely go for stances first, and perhaps step attack and gears. I only suggest critical because not much else on the Fi tree will help your tech damage.

yunamon
Apr 22, 2013, 08:02 PM
We were on forest, normal enemies don't have weak point, but my teammates were hitting at like 10k

When on darkers for example I can go to 3000 when on hit point.

@DnD : I have taken these skills already, except the JA bonus

Aim for them heads. Forest natives are weak on that.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 08:14 PM
Not to call you a noob...but you're a noob.

Headshots are only for ranged attacks. Most natives have no weakspots when struck by tech or striking attacks.

Exceptions to this are global weakpoints like (king)Yedi rears and Gorongo undersides. No heads.

Shadowth117
Apr 22, 2013, 08:48 PM

Headshots are only for ranged attacks. Most natives have no weakspots when struck by tech or striking attacks.

Exceptions to this are global weakpoints like (king)Yedi rears and Gorongo undersides. No heads.

This generally holds true. King Yedis still have a tiny bit less defense in their head before going pink mode, but other than that its mostly bosses that maintain their head weak points for techs as well.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 22, 2013, 09:23 PM
except a weak point isn't a place where defense is lower, it's an actual damage multiplier.

Aside from that, I wasn't including bosses in that breakdown, but if you do, "head" isn't always a true weakpoint either.

Rien
Apr 23, 2013, 03:29 AM

They do have weakspots for tech/striking attacks.

It's a lot harder to get a head strike, yeah, but the damage multiplier is still there. It's not as high as yeti weak spots etc.

Shadowth117
Apr 23, 2013, 03:46 AM
They do have weakspots for tech/striking attacks.

It's a lot harder to get a head strike, yeah, but the damage multiplier is still there. It's not as high as yeti weak spots etc.

I promise you, the head multiplier doesn't work for techs. It just doesn't. If I need to make a video to prove this I will.

For one of the easiest enemies to do it with, go look at a windira. Cast anything on it normally. Now cast that same thing on its head, which is clearly targetable. You'll find that oh so surprisingly, its the SAME damage essentially. Shocking, I know.

Syklo
Apr 23, 2013, 04:43 AM
However talises DO give a headshot bonus; you can even hear it.
Whether that's S-atk or T-atk or R-atk (lol?), Idk.

Shadowth117
Apr 23, 2013, 04:43 AM
However talises DO give a headshot bonus.
Whether that's S-atk or T-atk or R-atk (lol?), Idk.

I hope you mean the throw.

Syklo
Apr 23, 2013, 04:49 AM
I hope you mean the throw.
That should've been implied, yes.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2013, 09:06 AM
They don't, actually. You hear the noise, but you do not get the bonus damage. This is because it's tech-based damage.

edit: To expand on that, with the way the game seems to work, ranged is always going to get bonus damage for hitting a head hitbox, tech never will, and striking never will. This is just part of the damage calculation. This is the same reason the melee PA's on mechguns do not get bounced by enemy shields, despite blatantly using your legs to deal damage with several PA's. Many striking PA's do that really should not, such as quake howling, speed rain, etc.

Macman
Apr 23, 2013, 10:27 AM
For one of the easiest enemies to do it with, go look at a windira. Cast anything on it normally. Now cast that same thing on its head, which is clearly targetable. You'll find that oh so surprisingly, its the SAME damage essentially. Shocking, I know.
Except that also happens with bullets because Sega done goofed. Headshots with guns do the same damage as shots on it's gut.

I hate Wiindiras.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 10:29 AM
Anyway it's easy to TPS a Foie at the head of an Oodan to test it.

headshots are guns only. End of story.