PDA

View Full Version : gamepad camera stuck rotating

galaxy
Apr 22, 2013, 07:03 AM
hello,

for some reason my gamepad (xbox 360 wireless controller) just keeps rotating whenever I start to turn the camera with the right stick. It's like with old consoles when you accidently turned the system on while holding the camera stick in one direction - it would just keep turning and not stop. I'm pretty sure I didn't do that this time. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

HIT0SHI
Apr 22, 2013, 07:28 AM
You might want to ask here for a faster response:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

Chik'Tikka
Apr 22, 2013, 10:17 AM
does it happen when you alt+tab? mine will do that sometimes when i tab, but flicking the sticks fixes it for me, are you using the latest driver for 360 pads? depending on how old your OS is, you might be using and older driver (i think the latest driver, version 2.1.0.1349, for 360 pads both wired and wireless are dated 2009)+^_^+ another suggestion is powering off controller and re-syncing it with sticks in neutral+^_^+

iridesence
Apr 22, 2013, 10:48 AM
replug your gamepad.

if that dosnt work, check your joysticks "deadzone"settings. after awhile joysticks tend to need a higher setting due to wear & tear. increasing the "deadzone" setting may fix the problem.

explained:

a "deadzone" is an area on your joystick that the controller dosnt register until you move out of it.

a normaly controller typically has a deadzone of the first 5% of movement as a deadzone area, so any joystick movement in this area isnt recorded & processed.

increasing the deadzone will make it where you have to move the joytick farther to register movement, but it will prevent random movement and "jerking from happening.

i typically put a deadzone of 25% on my controllers & joysticks to prevent unwanted movement myself.

galaxy
Apr 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
does it happen when you alt+tab? mine will do that sometimes when i tab, but flicking the sticks fixes it for me, are you using the latest driver for 360 pads? depending on how old your OS is, you might be using and older driver (i think the latest driver, version 2.1.0.1349, for 360 pads both wired and wireless are dated 2009)+^_^+ another suggestion is powering off controller and re-syncing it with sticks in neutral+^_^+

Not an alt-tab problem. It happens as soon as I log into my character. And I'm using Windows 8, with I think the most up-to-date drivers. It's not a problem that happens with other games. Also it only starts the first time I flick the right stick. If I don't touch it the camera is stable, but as soon as I use it, I can't shut it off.

I did just recently install xpadder, if that does anything, but the program isn't open when I start PSO2 as I know it doesn't need it. Any thoughts?

replug your gamepad.

if that dosnt work, check your joysticks "deadzone"settings. after awhile joysticks tend to need a higher setting due to wear & tear. increasing the "deadzone" setting may fix the problem.

explained:

a "deadzone" is an area on your joystick that the controller dosnt register until you move out of it.

a normaly controller typically has a deadzone of the first 5% of movement as a deadzone area, so any joystick movement in this area isnt recorded & processed.

increasing the deadzone will make it where you have to move the joytick farther to register movement, but it will prevent random movement and "jerking from happening.

i typically put a deadzone of 25% on my controllers & joysticks to prevent unwanted movement myself.

The thing is, it's not happening for other games - just this one. if it were a problem with the controller, wouldn't it affect other games with controller use, like TERA?

iridesence
Apr 22, 2013, 11:50 AM
The thing is, it's not happening for other games - just this one. if it were a problem with the controller, wouldn't it affect other games with controller use, like TERA?

some games alter the deadzone setting or have there own default deadzone setting.

pso2 dosnt have a setting i beleive.

a way you can test this:

slowly move your joystick in a direction (and take note of the positon where it feels like its starting to "push" something", then take note of how far from the center you have move.if you start moving before or right at where it starts, then you need to incrase your deadzone prob.

im using an xbox 360 controller myself. some games are more sensitive to joystick movement on it then others.

galaxy
Apr 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
So I can't actually change the dead zone on my controller since it's an xbox controller, and from my research it doesn't look like I can change that specifically, short of using a controller emulator like xpadder, but the game already has native controller support so i feel like that would complicate things.

Also i've tried various different games and none of them are having this problem. You would think that if it was a deadzone issue at least one other game would show this annoying stuck camera.

galaxy
Apr 23, 2013, 01:28 PM
anyone have any other ideas?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 23, 2013, 03:12 PM
it doesn't do that with any other games??? have you tried the in-game PSO2 analog stick calibration thing?? doan know if it will work, but couldn't hurt+^_^+