PDA

View Full Version : Loading screen gimicks.

Syklo
Apr 23, 2013, 07:20 AM
Surely you're all aware of that photon beam thing you can move around with your mouse on loading screens, right?

What I'm not sure if you're aware about, is that pressing the Enter key (at least by default my controls) can summon extra photon beams, and it is spammable.

Not sure if any of this means or -does- anything, but....it's intriguing i guess?

BlueCast Boy
Apr 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
tried it and their like 3-4 of those photon beam things...you think there might be even more secrets on the loading screen?

Ezodagrom
Apr 23, 2013, 07:39 AM
Surely you're all aware of that photon beam thing you can move around with your mouse on loading screens, right?

What I'm not sure if you're aware about, is that pressing the Enter key (at least by default my controls) can summon extra photon beams, and it is spammable.

Not sure if any of this means or -does- anything, but....it's intriguing i guess?
Spamming the left mouse button does the same. ^^

Rien
Apr 23, 2013, 07:41 AM
Did you know the loading screen can often last longer than your actual load time?

Z-0
Apr 23, 2013, 07:42 AM
Higher FPS reduces the length of the loading screen!

trufax.

Gama
Apr 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
i guess the loading screen lakes longer due to sync with the rest of the game.

Punisher106
Apr 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
It's like how you can change the color of that green.... thing when you're waiting for a quest to load in PSO1.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
i guess the loading screen lakes longer due to sync with the rest of the game.

no, you can sync a long time before you finish loading, i was watching Suz's stream and saw myself spawn on there almost 5 seconds before loading finished, it has to do with what Z-0 said, not just FPS but also mem bus speed and width, the screen won't let you go i think until 100% of the area is loaded into memory+^_^+

Gardios
Apr 23, 2013, 03:13 PM
I didn't knew this, now I can have more fun playing with the beams during my 2min loading times. :lol:

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
It's like how you can change the color of that green.... thing when you're waiting for a quest to load in PSO1.

huh? PSO1 you could move the star on the telepipe. the green screen you're talking about was in Ep III.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
I mostly just try to chat in short bursts to avoid my messages getting repeatedly cut off during load screens

Z-0
Apr 23, 2013, 03:29 PM
huh? PSO1 you could move the star on the telepipe. the green screen you're talking about was in Ep III.
No, he's talking about when you load a quest. There's strings of green in the middle and mashing your bottom button would change its colour.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 04:13 PM
yeah I have a vague recollection of that...it's been way too long. I just remember the "music".

Kinujou
Apr 23, 2013, 06:22 PM
yea also you can perform actions while it shows as loading on your screen. Try waiting a few second after you think you loaded and auto follow one of your party mates (press v twice).

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2013, 06:27 PM
Haha, I'm going to try this when I get on my pc.

Coatl
Apr 23, 2013, 07:21 PM
Did not know this.

Zalana
Apr 23, 2013, 07:55 PM
There was music in Episode III CARD whenever you were loading. Bah there needs to be a sequel to it. ^^;

Katayoku
Apr 23, 2013, 08:01 PM
Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to add more on the PSV's loading screen too. :o

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 08:45 PM
There was music in Episode III CARD whenever you were loading. Bah there needs to be a sequel to it. ^^;

yeah music and the screen changed color

I was referring to the chirps and beeps from PSO's quest screen though.

Syklo
Apr 23, 2013, 11:26 PM
yea also you can perform actions while it shows as loading on your screen. Try waiting a few second after you think you loaded and auto follow one of your party mates (press v twice).
knew this ages ago ^^^^
Sucks that I can't chat while in the loading screen though (unless i bring my mouse over to chatbox and start typing....but i'd have finished loading by then), and being on a laptop without a scroll-lock key doesn't help either

Speaking of which, is there a way for me to set a custom key combo (e.g. Fn+numlock) to triggers scroll lock?

Vashyron
Apr 23, 2013, 11:48 PM

Phantasy Star Online II Episode III.

Card Games on Motorcycles.

Totally seriously that I want this.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 24, 2013, 12:46 AM
knew this ages ago ^^^^
Sucks that I can't chat while in the loading screen though (unless i bring my mouse over to chatbox and start typing....but i'd have finished loading by then), and being on a laptop without a scroll-lock key doesn't help either

Speaking of which, is there a way for me to set a custom key combo (e.g. Fn+numlock) to triggers scroll lock?

what kind of laptop? +^_^+

MetalDude
Apr 24, 2013, 12:48 AM
Phantasy Star Online II Episode III.

Card Games on Motorcycles.

Totally seriously that I want this.

Best soundtrack ever. Could they please just steal all of the music from that?

Syklo
Apr 24, 2013, 12:52 AM
what kind of laptop? +^_^+
HP Pavilion dv6.

I can assure you that there is NO KEY VISIBLE ON THE KEYBOARD that says "scroll lock" or any of its shortened forms

Chik'Tikka
Apr 24, 2013, 01:01 AM
HP Pavilion dv6.

I can assure you that there is NO KEY VISIBLE ON THE KEYBOARD that says "scroll lock" or any of its shortened forms

DV6... eww... yeah you might have to remap that key, there's some OK freeware you can use here; http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remap-keyboard-free-tools-windows/
also, keep an eye on your temperatures, some idiot designer placed a tiny piece of insulating foam between the heatsink and the GPU on some DV6 models+^_^+ affects some Compaq laptops too+^_^+

Syklo
Apr 24, 2013, 01:15 AM
DV6... eww... yeah you might have to remap that key, there's some OK freeware you can use here; http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remap-keyboard-free-tools-windows/
also, keep an eye on your temperatures, some idiot designer placed a tiny piece of insulating foam between the heatsink and the GPU on some DV6 models+^_^+ affects some Compaq laptops too+^_^+
Lol I always have been monitoring temps.

Usually less than 70°C (Now that I limited the FPS to 30; 60 FPS didn't make a difference in VFS mode, and made it run at ~75°), unless PSE BURST MPA and stuff.

And thanks for that link!
EDIT: Oh you can't remap key combos...?

NoiseHERO
Apr 24, 2013, 01:21 AM
This games almost a year old and ya'll ain't know about this?

You people need more AdD.

Sparzyle
Apr 24, 2013, 02:44 AM
I even noticed that thing about the auto-follow

but that thing don't works for me, just displays de "Auto-following" message but the chara stays still

but yeah that must be my toaster PC problem which gives me x4~ the time of a regular loading screen...

Angelo
Apr 24, 2013, 02:50 AM
In Alpha it used to make the 'twinkle' sound from PSO when you'd move the mouse/joystick around.

Don't know why they got rid of it.