PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Was considering buying vita...

FsuRules
Apr 23, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hello, my friend is going to sell me his vita and two mem-cards which i know is needed to have two accounts on psn. Are there guides/ translations of the ps vita menus?
Also will i be able to understand what im doing in game? I played GC episode 1 and 2 and also ps2 PSU.
Finally will you point me in the right direction and is it possible to play on vita living in the US?
Oh and should i start on ship 2 and any players who play on combined server or ps vita servers please tell me your info i will def need a helping hand once im on the game thank you.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 23, 2013, 11:46 AM
Yes, there are in fact guides.

[spoiler-box]Check out the menus from here. (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vita-guide/)[/spoiler-box]

I do not know the answer to your second question.

I believe it is possible to play PSO2 Vita with a US PSN account provided that you have a PSO2 game cartridge (verification necessary). Otherwise you must make a JP PSN account and download the game that way. However, you must first make a Sega ID prior to any of these steps in order to get in the game.

Ship 2 is a good ship to start on.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 12:12 PM
You only need 1 memory card if you buy the game and frankly, this is a better way to go if you insist on playing on the vita. changing PSNs on the vita is actually a 15 minute process if you have two cards and impossible if you dont.

That said, just buy the game and save yourself a lot of headaches.

FsuRules
Apr 23, 2013, 12:43 PM
After buying catridge if it was relaesed for us would it still work?

FsuRules
Apr 23, 2013, 12:45 PM
The fact that it is 60 dollars plus im buying vita stinks I would rather use the two memory cards i am already buying from him. Besides i will be using the vita mostly for PSO2 so no need to switch constantly.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 23, 2013, 12:59 PM
After buying catridge if it was relaesed for us would it still work?

Not quite.

JP cartridges and JP PSN downloads will get you onto the JP servers.

Assuming that the US version will have Vita support (which it currently has not been confirmed as having) the US cartridge will get you onto the US servers.

Alenoir
Apr 23, 2013, 01:21 PM
You only need 1 memory card if you buy the game and frankly, this is a better way to go if you insist on playing on the vita. changing PSNs on the vita is actually a 15 minute process if you have two cards and impossible if you dont.

Doable with just one mem card, just involve a lot more effort, since you'd need to backup your card often.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 01:23 PM
The issue is it's not a simple matter of swapping cards. You have to create two PSN IDs and wipe your vita's internal memory each time you swap cards. then you have to start your vita up and log back into everything, re-do all your settings, etc. you have to do this every time you want to switch PSNs.

now consider that even if you buy hardcopies of US games you'd need your US PSN to download US DLC. This basically will mean having to spend 10-15 mins every time you want to play PSO2 and again every time you want to play something else.

I could see this as being viable if it was a simple matter of swapping memory cards, but you basically have to start from a brand new vita every time you switch PSNs. This is extremely time consuming and ludicrous for one game. If you decided you didn't want to do this and wanted to do it with a hardcopy later, you couldn't because your sega ID would already be bound to your JP PSN.

So consider this carefully before you make any choices you can't take back.

Doable with just one mem card, just involve a lot more effort, since you'd need to backup your card often.

He already is getting 2 cards and the backup part only exasperates the issue I'm describing. But way to argue for the sake of arguing.

Sara-hime
Apr 23, 2013, 02:26 PM
Hello! Yes, there's plenty of guides for the game. Some right here on this site, other places like Bumped (http://bumped.org/psublog) and Cirnopedia (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/) can give you detailed specifics.

I'm in the US, and I'm playing just fine. Even the slow wi-fi at my job amazingly handles the game well!

It's up to you what ship you want to start with, but for all intents and purposes, you probably do want to be on ship 2. If your looking for me:

Player ID: GameHopper Unit
Character: Rabbie

As for switching accounts, I can get it down to 5-6 minutes now. Just "Restore PS Vita" in the "Format" settings, do NOT format memory card and then restart the Vita, while its resetting take your memory card out, sign into your other PSN account, and then turn the unit off when the video plays and turn it back on. Now insert the memory card with the account you just signed back into. Then in settings, log into your account and activate what you need (Games/video/mobile games). No need to erase your stuff. The ONLY annoying thing is the bubble placement resets when switching accounts still.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 02:38 PM
right a complete format of your vita and having to redo all your settings every time you want to switch PSNs.

...That's not stupid tedious or hindering at all

Gama
Apr 23, 2013, 02:44 PM
wait, pso2 for the vita isnt free? lol?

Z-0
Apr 23, 2013, 02:44 PM
What settings?

There's hardly any settings to mess with really, it doesn't take long at all. Way better than shelling out for the full price of the game. When I format my Vita for my JP PSN, all I did was add the Japanese keyboard to type things like item names.

EDIT: It's free, but you can get a physical cartridge just like you can get a CD for PC.

blace
Apr 23, 2013, 03:14 PM
right a complete format of your vita and having to redo all your settings every time you want to switch PSNs.

...That's not stupid tedious or hindering at all

It's really not that bad. On average it takes 5-6 minutes to get everything set up.

A tip is that you can skip the 5 minute opening by inserting the memory card once it starts playing.

From there the only things needed to be set up is game permissions and setting up the wifi connection.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 03:25 PM
I tried doing this and all my screen customizations had to be set again at every swap. App locations, custom wallpapers and all.

blace
Apr 23, 2013, 03:29 PM
I tried doing this and all my screen customizations had to be set again at every swap. App locations, custom wallpapers and all.

That does take time to set up. I just leave mine as is.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
well that's kinda my point. You basically either have to redo all your settings each time or drop all that and deal with everything being barebones.

If he's ok with that, fine but seeing as his Sega ID couldn;t be switched to a different PSN after the fact, it's best we make sure he's properly informed before he makes a decision he can't reverse.

It's a disservice to just answer the obvious questions without addressing the others.

Sara-hime
Apr 23, 2013, 04:16 PM
A tip is that you can skip the 5 minute opening by inserting the memory card once it starts playing.

Ha, I never even thought of doing this! That'll shave at least 30 secs. to a minute right there! :-o

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 04:22 PM
O_o it's the big trick everyone who's got a guide anywhere talks about.

Sizustar
Apr 23, 2013, 04:23 PM
wait, pso2 for the vita isnt free? lol?

It's free to play and download from the PSN store.
But they also sell cartridge, similiar to DVD with the client for PC, usually with Bonus items.
in the PSV case, having in cartridge will free up more space on your memory card, as the game takes up alot of space.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 23, 2013, 04:24 PM
It also allows you to play the game with a US PSN. That's really the big reason to do it.

Sara-hime
Apr 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
O_o it's the big trick everyone who's got a guide anywhere talks about.

The guide I originally followed never mentioned that at all. Better late than never. ^^

FsuRules
Apr 23, 2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the input although it'll be annoying I will go with memory card just can't get myself to buy cartridge when it's a free to play game thank you though.