PDA

View Full Version : Mission Are emergency quests good?

Kckill4
Apr 23, 2013, 10:40 PM
Is there anything special about emergency quests like increased xp or drops or something?

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2013, 10:42 PM
Some have unique bosses like Falz Arms, Falz Elder, Falz Hunar (available in Darker's Den as well), or Chrome Dragon.

Otherwise not really, unless there's some other event going. Just an excuse to get a 12 player MultiParty going and give you a change of scenery.

gravityvx
Apr 23, 2013, 10:44 PM
Probably one of the only ways left to get a full functioning slowly going extinct multiparty in most cases, so usually the best route for completeing CO and exp for that emergency area. Increased exp if its something pathetic like falz vs 12/12 multiparty map.

Xaeris
Apr 23, 2013, 10:45 PM
There isn't much that's intrinsically different about most emergency missions. They feature enemies you can find outside the mission (except Falz), don't have higher drop rates and the exp is the same. There are a few little differences, like an increased incidence of codes but nothing mind blowing.

What is special about emergency quests is that they tend to have a high participation rate. That makes it really easy to get a multi party going, which has definite benefits, like increasing the amount of enemies that spawn and making it easier to get a PSE Burst going. They're especially handy when you're still sub Lv 50; it can be difficult to grind exp at those levels by yourself since there won't be as many people around those levels to form a group or roam a map with.

Sparzyle
Apr 23, 2013, 10:46 PM
Sometimes they make little events that if you participate on a specific EQ they give you a reward on your Collection Storage, but that mostly happens when it's a Holiday related EQ

but yeah as Unlucky said, it's just a "excuse" to get a good 12 players Multiparty Area or fight a Boss without need to hunt it.

strikerhunter
Apr 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
Depending on which EQ you are talking about though, but all-n-all it is some nice fast exp. Remember that each is different and everyone does them for a reason.

How I see it:

Nabby: Terrible, no, but is the only for sure timing where you can find fanged banther and banshee. Need a group though for on level run :P unless you can deal with those two alone.

Volcanic Guerrillas: No, dam boring. Bosses rarely appear in it. Low number of mobs.

Desert Guerrillas: Decent, pretty fun. Good exp depending how cooperative the MPA is.
Tunnels: Simple Vadhra fight 3 times over so why not run it for the drops and exp.

Hunar City EQ: The only other chance you'll fight Hunar other than Darker's Den which is random and high levels only. Plus is the only other chance for you to get Elder Pain at VH levels. -Worth the run/try-

Ragne City EQ: Only time for a for sure Ragne other than Nab II TA. MPA it is much better.

Urban Mob Up City EQ: Lots of exp, especially if you can cooperate with the MPA to not kill Bliaze (destruction EC with the single giant ball) and trigger an auto PSE before it blows up.

Falz Arms/Elder EQ: Do it (unless you are tried of him). Lots of exp and very good drops from Elder although they are rare. Best time to use your exp boosts as well. Cannot meet him in any other mission (duh).

Maximum Burst
Apr 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
Multiparty areas in emergency quests have the "EXP bonus" PSE effect, which makes them a bit better for multiparty exp grinding compared to the free exploration maps people usually run for multiparties. The "EXP bonus" PSE effect also appears in advance quests and the multiparty areas for Arks Quests.

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2013, 10:58 PM
Man, we really need better emergency quests/better benefits for doing them.

Rololf
Apr 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
Urban Mob Up City EQ: Lots of exp, especially if you can cooperate with the MPA to not kill Bliaze (destruction EC with the single giant ball) and trigger an auto PSE before it blows up.
I did not know of this...
Mind=blown

strikerhunter
Apr 23, 2013, 11:29 PM
I did not know of this...
Mind=blown

If all 12 players stay near Bliaze and not kill it, the massive spawns will trigger an PSE burst once Bliaze gets all huge and you have to not kill Bliaze because it'll despawn the mobs.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 PM
I thought it just popped and rained down all gross on you

Zyrusticae
Apr 23, 2013, 11:46 PM
I noticed the mob spawn rate can actually vary tremendously between the different mission types, with the Fang Banther mission having the most outrageously large spawns out of all of them.

At any rate, if you can get a PSE burst going (especially with the PSE crystals) in any of the EQs you will gain a tremendous amount of XP, far beyond anything you will attain normally. I've gained multiple levels in a row just from using an XP booster for these.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2013, 12:48 AM
I noticed the mob spawn rate can actually vary tremendously between the different mission types, with the Fang Banther mission having the most outrageously large spawns out of all of them.

At any rate, if you can get a PSE burst going (especially with the PSE crystals) in any of the EQs you will gain a tremendous amount of XP, far beyond anything you will attain normally. I've gained multiple levels in a row just from using an XP booster for these.

Or just play AQ and farm those bursts lol. Worth 2x the exp anywhere else especially if you have multiple fire tree FOs. Waves get cleared instantly if people stand together during the burst. I can get 100k-150k with out a booster if it's a good cross brust.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
AQ is great for exp, sure, but you can't get into them until you're Lv 45, and the exp will be crap until you're at least 51 because of the penalty (I'm still kinda butthurt that the exp correction was nothing like what it was thought to be). EQs are pretty much the only salvation available to people in Hard mode.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2013, 12:53 AM
AQ is great for exp, sure, but you can't get into them until you're Lv 45, and the exp will be crap until you're at least 51 because of the penalty (I'm still kinda butthurt that the exp correction was nothing like what it was thought to be). EQs are pretty much the only salvation available to people in Hard mode.

Before 44, CO's give more than enough EXP as long as you commit to doing groups of them, especially if they are daily refresh like Hans. The actual dailies also help a lot too, especially if they are good x99 ones. I got to 50 using no exp boosters in a couple weeks starting from scratch using COs, Falz, and mostly soloed.

MetalDude
Apr 24, 2013, 12:54 AM
I was wondering why the EXP still felt really lackluster. Did they seriously not change it much at all? I was hoping I could finally move my TE's ass to 50 but it's still taking forever in AQs.

Walkure
Apr 24, 2013, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure how it is in Ship 2, since NA players basically took over specific blocks, but on Ship 10, you can find MPAs for ruins/sanctum VH just by going to the right blocks (19-20). So, you could MPA in ruins during the times you can't reap that sweet, sweet Falz exp.

If they're planning on continually boosting the level cap, I really hope they keep revamping the exp curves to make it easier to get anything but the last 5 or so levels. At the moment, you're starting to have the point where the MPAs and Event exp is level 50+, making 40-50 a real slog at times due to the exp penalty. It'd be *really* obnoxious to grind those levels if Ruins VH MPAs stop being a thing at the very least. 45 is already an awkward level where you don't have an easy time bursting past it with client order EXP anymore, and the best avenues for VH grinding atm (falz, AQ, Sanctum MPAs) still have an exp penalty.

Ph4nt0M2011
Apr 24, 2013, 12:59 AM
If all 12 players stay near Bliaze and not kill it, the massive spawns will trigger an PSE burst once Bliaze gets all huge and you have to not kill Bliaze because it'll despawn the mobs.

Running this yesterday & it spawned into Dark Ragne. 99% sure it didn't even say change over. It was odd & even got the attention from a few others in mpa.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 12:59 AM
They "fixed" it from the bottom end to make it so that no matter the level difference between you and the enemy, you'll always get at least 25% of the exp for the kill. Yeah, it's exactly as dumb as it sounds.

Syklo
Apr 24, 2013, 02:54 AM
Emergency quests:
-Increased likelihood of "mutant" boss variants to spawn (I.e. "Magnetic wyvern : Vol dragon, Hollow shell : Dark Ragne, etc. I think they spawn in free field too but I don't recall seeing one in a free exploration); those that can drop weapons with mutation on them like crazy
-Different PSE array (Exp boost, Rare enemy boost, Buffed enemy boost, etc.)
-Cuz it's a friggin EQ - people are likely to gather and participate in them.

jooozek
Apr 24, 2013, 03:53 AM

52 actually, you get full exp only if you are 4 levels apart not 5

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 03:59 AM

I dunno at lvl 45 you get 75% of the exp even when you fight lvl 60s. Before, you couldn't get this until you were lvl 55, so now you get the old lvl 55 exp as soon as you can do AQs...

That's pretty boss.

Bring some 75% boosts and run AQs at risk 12+ and you'll level up like crazy. Larger enemies with lvl 3 infections still pay out 2-3k EXP under those conditions and rare bosses with the same infections give close to 100k...so yeah. Get your exp on, man.

Laxedrane
Apr 24, 2013, 05:05 AM
Emergency quests:
-Increased likelihood of "mutant" boss variants to spawn (I.e. "Magnetic wyvern : Vol dragon, Hollow shell : Dark Ragne, etc. I think they spawn in free field too but I don't recall seeing one in a free exploration); those that can drop weapons with mutation on them like crazy
-Different PSE array (Exp boost, Rare enemy boost, Buffed enemy boost, etc.)
-Cuz it's a friggin EQ - people are likely to gather and participate in them.

I thought you got mutation from any mob that is boosted? I didn't know that when bosses appear with that extra name they are considered different. O.o

Also worth noting, certain EQs have a higher chance of getting certain codes. Urban mop up has an extremely high chance of getting code destruction for example.

Syklo
Apr 24, 2013, 05:08 AM
I thought you got mutation from any mob that is boosted? I didn't know that when bosses appear with that extra name they are considered different. O.o

I think they still count for the respective client orders though....

And I don't recall getting a mutation drop from a regular/lesser boosted enemy......but really I can't remember :-?

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 05:14 AM
I dunno at lvl 45 you get 75% of the exp even when you fight lvl 60s. Before, you couldn't get this until you were lvl 55, so now you get the old lvl 55 exp as soon as you can do AQs...

That's pretty boss.

Bring some 75% boosts and run AQs at risk 12+ and you'll level up like crazy. Larger enemies with lvl 3 infections still pay out 2-3k EXP under those conditions and rare bosses with the same infections give close to 100k...so yeah. Get your exp on, man.

I'm going off the information here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-imperial-guardian-update-4102013/

"Made adjustments to the EXP correction when enemy levels are far apart by raising the minimum value. (Japanese players reported the minimum value is now 25% instead of 0%, which means it was corrected -75%)"

Unless I'm misunderstanding something there, it seems to work the way I said it did.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 05:22 AM
What you're misunderstanding is that the penalty for being 5 levels under was 75% and for every level over 5 they docked another 5%. So if you were 15 levels under you only got 25% exp and 0 exp of you were 20 or more.

This has changed and now if you are 5-15 levels under you get 75% of the exp. that's a very significant change.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 05:30 AM
That definitely is better than the way I read it. That's a welcome surprise.

jooozek
Apr 24, 2013, 05:39 AM
uh, no, the penalty is as it always was, its like Xaeris says; they changed 0 to 25:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1555011-FSWGY6L.png
http://sadpanda.us/images/1555013-KJMFDCX.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 05:40 AM
Oh, then right back to being le sad.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 05:41 AM
that was only one part of the adjustment. I'm pretty sure Z-0 posted a breakdown of the rest of it. I'll look for it later, but I'm pretty sure it's in the quick answers thread.

jooozek
Apr 24, 2013, 05:55 AM
that was only one part of the adjustment. I'm pretty sure Z-0 posted a breakdown of the rest of it. I'll look for it later, but I'm pretty sure it's in the quick answers thread.

its still the same shit, nothing outside of that minimum percentage has changed
when i was levelling around 28ish it was still for me better to do normal tunnels/continent/ruins lol

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hmm...that's a shame if that's really the case. I thought sega had a little more sense than that. You'd think the complaints would still be rolling in if that were true though. X_x

Kraiseson
Apr 24, 2013, 09:53 AM
Hmm...that's a shame if that's really the case. I thought sega had a little more sense than that. You'd think the complaints would still be rolling in if that were true though. X_x

They arent the same. I refuse to believe this.

I've gotten like 800k exp in an EQ.
Mind you I was using a 75%
But to get that kind of EXP even with an EXP boost.. thats just insane.

From hours and hours and hours and hours of grinding out ruins.. 12/12
and hours and hours and hours of grinding out sanctum.. 12/12
getting long lasting pse's etc etc..
I've never gotten anywhere near that kind of exp in such a short amount of time.
So regardless of what formula people have to explain why they 'are' the same.
I simply dont care, and refuse to accept it.

EQ's are better than your regular MPA.
YOU ALL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY
BUT ITS TRUE.

Do the goddamn EQ's.
If everyone thought like half of you. No one would show up.

strikerhunter
Apr 24, 2013, 10:32 AM
Running this yesterday & it spawned into Dark Ragne. 99% sure it didn't even say change over. It was odd & even got the attention from a few others in mpa.

Really? It spawns a Ragne with no change over? Weird.
For Bliaze to pop up a PSE, it must go to it's biggest size, have all 12 players there to increase spawn rate, keep killing all the spawns to gather more PSE thingys, and let Bliaze blow up causing you to fail the EC but the PSE should be activated before that happens if enough mobs are killed.

I guess when Ragne appeared it disrupted the spawning, but still no change over duel EC?

jooozek
Apr 24, 2013, 10:47 AM
They arent the same. I refuse to believe this.

I've gotten like 800k exp in an EQ.
Mind you I was using a 75%
But to get that kind of EXP even with an EXP boost.. thats just insane.

From hours and hours and hours and hours of grinding out ruins.. 12/12
and hours and hours and hours of grinding out sanctum.. 12/12
getting long lasting pse's etc etc..
I've never gotten anywhere near that kind of exp in such a short amount of time.
So regardless of what formula people have to explain why they 'are' the same.
I simply dont care, and refuse to accept it.

EQ's are better than your regular MPA.
YOU ALL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY
BUT ITS TRUE.

Do the goddamn EQ's.
If everyone thought like half of you. No one would show up.

ive got no fucking clue just what the fuck you are talking about

anyway, full party, lv49 versus lv60 set sadinian and i get...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1555468-17T4NOC.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Apr 24, 2013, 10:57 AM
EDIT: Oh no wait, I just looked over Joozek's pic properly with the Digg...

....LOL, gg sega

dr apocalipsis
Apr 24, 2013, 11:28 AM
Just a little correction. Once you defeated him, Hunar can spawn randomly in every field just as Ragne.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
Everyone was expecting either 100% at a five level gap or 75% at a fifteen level gap

Neither was true. It is 75% at a five level gap and 25% at a fifteen level gap. As it always was. But it doesn't go below 25% anymore.

Where exactly can you get more than fifteen levels' difference? Only high risk AQs right when they become available. So now instead of 0-10%, you now get up to 25%! Thanks Sega!

Ghalion
Apr 25, 2013, 03:48 AM
I haven't played in forever so IC an't say, but during the beta when I played, that city under siege by darkers quest gave a crapton of exp if you weren't near level cap...mostly because it was balanced for level 10 or 20 or whatever it was (I think 20 for cbt, 10 for obt?).

Of course, soloing dark ragnes in that time limit as an underlevel (and hence geared) hunter was seemingly impossible.