PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Quests AKA Tower~ May 15th

TehblackUchiha
Apr 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
from bumped

On May 15tth, PSO2 will introduce new content intended for high level players called “Extreme Quests.” Information provided by ShougaiPSO (a Japanese fansite) as found in Dengeki and Famitsu magazines.

Extreme Quests
Available to players LV50+
You have to use an item called “Extreme Pass” to play the quest.
You can obtain one pass a day for free at the quest counter.

Extreme Quest Setup
As of 5/15, there’s 1 ~ 40 Floors.
Each extreme pass lets you play 1~5 floors.
When you clear the first five floors, you can play the next set of floors. (Floors 6 ~ 10)
You can replay the floors you’ve previously cleared though this will still consume
an Extreme Pass.

Enemy Condition
Each floor applies certain conditions to enemies.
Example conditions include “Increased Strength” and “Increased Resistance: (Lightning Techs)”

Floor Orders
Each floor has set goals called “Floor Orders”
For example: Defeat 10 enemies within 30 seconds / Defeat De Malmoth within 180 seconds / Destroy 24 parts of Big Vardha
When you achieve this goal, you receive “bonuses” (details below)

Extreme Quest Rewards
There are several rewards including new 11 star weapons.
The quest has separate drop tables and drop items
You can acquire brand new 11 star weapons here.
Items you pick up are temporarily stored to a “rewards list”
You can choose the items you wish to keep from the “rewards list,” once the quest is cleared. However, the items you can choose from is based on the score you received.
For example, if you achieved a bad score, it could allow you to take only one “type” of item.
You could take “99 grinders” as one “type” of item.
Clearing floor orders increases the the number of items you can take back with you.

This is pretty exciting to me. Alot of it is actually what i wished for. It is similar to soul calibur IV's tower where you ascend and fight enemies with special conditions to them. It's also similar to where there are bonus conditions and bonus rewards. The thing i wish they had which was a descend is where you fight an onslaught of enemies until you die with random bonuses and conditions. I'm also glad they have at least 40 floors and hopefully they add more every update.

Aquayoshi
Apr 24, 2013, 04:29 PM
Sounds great. PSZ's tower was a pain-- a snoozefest, except for floors with Arkzeins. Then it was just pure frustration. Oh god, Arkzeins... I hated those f---ers so much.

This tower actually sounds interesting. Too bad I'm not level 50 yet... D:

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 24, 2013, 04:31 PM
This sounds promising.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 04:34 PM
Extreme Pass? Someone sure poured a whole lot of thought and consideration into that name. That aside, unless there's some other way to obtain passes that hasn't been disclosed, it sounds like we get one Tower quest a day. On one hand, if the rewards are that good, I suppose that makes sense. On the other, I don't like having what I do in the game dictated by the game. Also, it may make it hard to find people to play with.

MetalDude
Apr 24, 2013, 04:37 PM
First thought was that I can see a lot of people getting locked out in their teams if people have already done them.

Kilich
Apr 24, 2013, 04:38 PM
I foresee many "I got an 11* item, but disconnected before I could take it in the end of the mission"

Bellion
Apr 24, 2013, 04:43 PM
Or I got an 11*, but I scored too low and the game won't let me take it. ;_;

TehblackUchiha
Apr 24, 2013, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pass? Someone sure poured a whole lot of thought and consideration into that name. That aside, unless there's some other way to obtain passes that hasn't been disclosed, it sounds like we get one Tower quest a day. On one hand, if the rewards are that good, I suppose that makes sense. On the other, I don't like having what I do in the game dictated by the game. Also, it may make it hard to find people to play with.

Could be because of the rewards besides 99x grinders for completing a bonus objective i am wondering what kind of rewards will be farmable from the tower. Also they might not want the tower to run it's course before episode II or more tower stages arrive. Hopefully once a day is worth it.

RadiantLegend
Apr 24, 2013, 04:47 PM
One run once a day? That can be difficult to find people.

Jakosifer
Apr 24, 2013, 04:51 PM
This sounds pretty dope. So far.

NoiseHERO
Apr 24, 2013, 04:58 PM
I am okay with the way this works so far.

Keep up good news tower... no bad news at last minute pls. 8D

Z-0
Apr 24, 2013, 05:02 PM
Don't see what the problem with content being accessible any time is.

Tower sounds like fun, but can't play it often? :/ Lol...

Gardios
Apr 24, 2013, 05:05 PM
Gotta abuse my CAST as an Extreme Pass producer. :V

Shinamori
Apr 24, 2013, 05:12 PM
One run once a day? That can be difficult to find people.

Not really, considering TACOs are once per day.

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2013, 05:21 PM
Gotta abuse my CAST as an Extreme Pass producer. :V
I can run it four times a day for free! :-D

That said, I really hope these 11*s are actually aesthetically pleasing. No more lego mechguns pleeeaase...

Walkure
Apr 24, 2013, 05:23 PM
Not really, considering TACOs are once per day.
You can still enter TA's without the client order active. I'll run a second time in a day for fun and the occasional darker's nest shenanigans.

It'd be pretty cool if you could accumulate a stock of Extreme Passes up to like 5 or 7. This'd allow a static group to schedule a meet up once or twice a week or so for running multiple tower runs, rather than go once-a-day forever.

cheapgunner
Apr 24, 2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds nice. Too bad I'm a ways away.

Time to grind to lv 50. :-D

The Walrus
Apr 24, 2013, 05:31 PM
I have a feeling there's gonna be a way to get more passes. Like as a reward for doing well or something.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2013, 05:34 PM
10* trading added

"hey guys, now the new good stuff is going to be 11*!"

/called it the day 10*'s launched

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2013, 05:38 PM
How we want it to work:
Stackable passes
Once you first unlock the last floors, you can run them any time
Reasonable challenge
Reasonable drop rates

How it will be on release:
Only one pass can be held at a time, cannot be traded or stored in the warehouse
Unlocked floors reset every week
Entire floors still melt in under 10 seconds
11*s never drop, and when they do, you can't get any other reward and you cannot sell them or trade them. Also enjoy your grind.

How it will be after players complain:
Premium players can get two passes per day
Passes can be found in the 200 AC scratch
All players get one Rare Drop 250% sent to their event storage
The tower now gives slightly more Grinders as a reward

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 24, 2013, 05:44 PM
stackable passes ploxx0rz

~Aya~
Apr 24, 2013, 05:46 PM
Ima do this and die over and ovrr and over~ 8D

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2013, 05:54 PM
Don't see what the problem with content being accessible any time is.

Tower sounds like fun, but can't play it often? :/ Lol...

This is what im feeling, its bad enough they hid darker den behind a wall of rng, but now its like theyre telling us we cant play the new area without paying.

I also foresee the passes being a AC item.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
There's no precedence for them charging AC to access any actual gameplay content, so I'm not particularly concerned about that. I think the passes are a device to keep us from doing Tower to the exclusion of everything else. I don't particularly like the implementation, but I don't think its purpose is so insidious as to lay the foundation for charging us money to access gameplay.

Caledonia
Apr 24, 2013, 06:02 PM
One pass per day for free at the quest counter.

Sounds to me like the AQ capsules. Could be the money-sink Sega have been looking for (besides Dudu, obviously)

redroses
Apr 24, 2013, 06:28 PM
Also, passes must be stackable or else you couldn't do all the 40 floors. I guess they will be the new capsules and probably cost a lot.
I think the once a day idea is pretty stupid, but I guess it is their way to control players and not let them spam this mission as soon as they reach lv 50 and forget about everything else.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pass!?... Reward List!?...the items you can chose are based on the score you recieve!? why Segac.....this is gonna be a train wreck. as if DCing wasn't bad enough but to have legitimatly found items held up like that. I literally broke my desk on accident when I read that.

MoonAtomizer
Apr 24, 2013, 07:21 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lBK92G2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2013, 07:30 PM
More stupid passes and more quests where we have a hard time gathering four players before we can start.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
Also, passes must be stackable or else you couldn't do all the 40 floors. I guess they will be the new capsules and probably cost a lot.
I think the once a day idea is pretty stupid, but I guess it is their way to control players and not let them spam this mission as soon as they reach lv 50 and forget about everything else.
Well you do five floors per day, so no you don't really need a stack to do the whole tower. You continue where you last left off, or revisit a lower floor if you want.

Extreme Pass!?... Reward List!?...the items you can chose are based on the score you recieve!? why Segac.....this is gonna be a train wreck. as if DCing wasn't bad enough but to have legitimatly found items held up like that. I literally broke my desk on accident when I read that.
Better not d/c during your one and only chance to do the mission where the only reward is at the very end and you can't join halfway through~

NoiseHERO
Apr 24, 2013, 07:34 PM
Who wants to go to Tartarus tonight... Make sure your gear is good can only try once a day. 8D

Shinamori
Apr 24, 2013, 07:57 PM
You can still enter TA's without the client order active. I'll run a second time in a day for fun and the occasional darker's nest shenanigans.

It'd be pretty cool if you could accumulate a stock of Extreme Passes up to like 5 or 7. This'd allow a static group to schedule a meet up once or twice a week or so for running multiple tower runs, rather than go once-a-day forever.

I only run TACOs just for the cash, and especially not VH by myself.

Laxedrane
Apr 24, 2013, 08:00 PM
Hello nyzul isle!

MetalDude
Apr 24, 2013, 08:09 PM
I only run TACOs just for the cash, and especially not VH by myself.

The point is if you have team members willing to help, you can still do TACOs with their help. This is not the case with ExQs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 08:30 PM
I'm getting the impression that on that list of prizes we get at the end of each run, one of the things we can pick from will almost undoubtedly be more passes and if AQs are any indication we can probably buy another pass for something over 500k

Really not worried about this being a 1 a day thing.

EvilMag
Apr 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
Honestly, considering that datamining reveals that Falz Arms and Elder is going to appear at this tower, it doesn't surprise me that there's gonna be strings attached to playing there.

Syklo
Apr 24, 2013, 08:33 PM
-misses dark falz EQ because still running extreme tower-
Oh boy

Zalana
Apr 24, 2013, 08:47 PM
This screams nyzul isle from FFXI buuuuuuuuuuuut probably more forgiving. Sega stop taking SE's ideas lol! :jpsmile:

MetalDude
Apr 24, 2013, 08:47 PM
If it's anything like AQs, replaying Tower could not be that bad. But we'll just have to see.

SakoHaruo
Apr 24, 2013, 08:54 PM
can't wait for this! I just hit 49/49 today, pretty sure I'll be at lv50 before May 15th =)

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
I don't know if I'm expecting it or not, but I would not be one bit surprised if you can only get more extreme passes with AC.

Or if you have the option of buying them with meseta, but also AC.

They are going to ease that in. They're just waiting for the players to let them.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 24, 2013, 09:17 PM
Who wants to go to Tartarus tonight... Make sure your gear is good can only try once a day. 8D

As long as you don't cast Marin Karin every turn count me in.

Arios
Apr 24, 2013, 09:36 PM
As long as you don't cast Marin Karin every turn count me in.

That Mamudoon and Mahamaon :-P

Rien
Apr 24, 2013, 09:39 PM
So instead of the 10* never showing up, you get to see the 11* show up but never get the score required to take it home.

Smart.

gravityvx
Apr 24, 2013, 09:42 PM
Not even going to bother getting excited about this, I just know sega's going to do something to fuck this up. But I'll hope they get it right, not holding my breath though.

EvilMag
Apr 24, 2013, 09:46 PM
This is another idea where it sounds neat on paper but most likely gonna be executed poorly because Sega sucks dicks as usual.

I'll be looking forward to jumping through so many hoops just to play the Ep2 content.

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2013, 10:17 PM
That level 50 req is going to be rough on me. I really doubt I'll be able to get my gunner up there in time, it just takes FOREVER to go from 45 -> 50.... Bleh!

I really wish they actually flattened the XP penalty curve. This shit stinks.

As an aside, it seems highly likely to me that the passes will be stackable and you can just save them up to go do a binge run over the weekend or something. (Personally, I have four characters and can thus have an insane number of runs every week, assuming you can put them in storage - which you can, because, you know, they're physical items like everything else).

Alisha
Apr 24, 2013, 10:19 PM
heres a thought...buy more char slots and lvl to 50?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 24, 2013, 10:34 PM
Yeah the solution to not having to spend real money on BS is to spend real money in one of the worse ways possible.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2013, 10:38 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the passes could be gotten before lv50, but you can't use them (on that character) yet?

Mekhana
Apr 24, 2013, 11:00 PM
This may be the holy grail of gaming if SEGA plays their cards right. (unlikely.)

Agastya
Apr 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
i keep reading it as one pass lets you play five floors, the next five floors take another pass and you get one pass free dailiy

so you can either do a daily run of the first five, or have a 'weekly raid instance' of higher floors

it's a possibility to keep in mind (and an interesting one to spectate how badly the eng community gets mad..... again)

doomdragon83
Apr 25, 2013, 01:13 AM
I'm pretty sure many people are gonna wear battle panties in there.