PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2 at E3 2013 ?

Noxia
Apr 25, 2013, 02:13 AM
SEGA of America, Inc. : Online and Mobile Game Pavilion will be present at E3 2013 in june.
If you still have hope that they will give any newz (good or bad), raise your hand ( o.o)/

Syklo
Apr 25, 2013, 02:14 AM
-raises foot-

Gardios
Apr 25, 2013, 02:18 AM
All I can offer is a doubtful stare.

*stares doubtfully*

Valimer
Apr 25, 2013, 02:20 AM
well, they did separate "Online" and "Mobile" with the word "and"

here's to hoping. If they do bring out PSO2 then I figure itl be released in like... December? November?

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2013, 02:36 AM
Don't hold your breath.

Noxia
Apr 25, 2013, 02:39 AM
From now on... i don't really care when the game will release. I just want confirmation for a release date or a confirmation if the game is canceled...

I don't want an other "We don't have any specifics but will update everyone as soon as there are more details to share."

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 25, 2013, 02:46 AM
Why not just play the jp version?

Rien
Apr 25, 2013, 02:46 AM
SEGA of America, Inc. : Online and Mobile Game Pavilion will be present at E3 2013 in june.
If you still have hope that they will give any newz (good or bad), raise your hand ( o.o)/

I thought SoA wasn't going

But even if they do they won't give news about PSO2

Noxia
Apr 25, 2013, 02:57 AM
I tried, with english patch. But i can't stand to not be able to read everything. It makes me angry è_é very angry !

KitsyLove
Apr 25, 2013, 03:00 AM
Don't hold your breath.

I think I'd be dead by the time I can finally release my breath when PSO2 releases in English.

Anyways...I have a doubtful hope for E3, but I'll still raise my hand. (*-*)/

riku2replica
Apr 25, 2013, 03:00 AM
If it didn't happen, I'll be no comment as expected. Still, i'll be reluctant to move for JP to US.

Retehi
Apr 25, 2013, 03:05 AM
It's pretty much vaporware at this point to me.

Ghalion
Apr 25, 2013, 03:45 AM
Blah, e3 is still 2 months away isn't it? Way too early to be torturing us hopefuls mang, how cruel.

Personally, I would prefer them not be there talking about pso2 than to just say like "WE WERE THERE" and give absolutely no new info still like their pax thing. But yeah, I'll be pretty bummed if I don't hear something good by then. Is it reasonable for me to be disappointed? prob not, but blah.

And yeah, I was playing on jpn, and I even liked it. But as soon as west was announced, I quit cold turkey cuz I knew I would eventually enjoy playing full English more even if less content...and I wanted to make the "lose all my stuff" effect from transfering from one to the other to be as painless as possible.

KuraiHikari
Apr 25, 2013, 04:54 AM
At this point, I don't care too much. I've amassed too much and actually used PHYSICAL MONEY to get some stuff in game, so i'm invested in PSO2. If they do however activate the "only jp computers can play on the jp server" clause in the T&S (Screw you hackers for having this made), if and when the english version get announced/released, I (and the rest of us players for that matter) will have to start again. From level 1.

Dang, I don't know whether or not I actually want the English version to come out now.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 25, 2013, 06:08 AM
At this point, I don't care too much. I've amassed too much and actually used PHYSICAL MONEY to get some stuff in game, so i'm invested in PSO2. If they do however activate the "only jp computers can play on the jp server" clause in the T&S (Screw you hackers for having this made), if and when the english version get announced/released, I (and the rest of us players for that matter) will have to start again. From level 1.

Dang, I don't know whether or not I actually want the English version to come out now.

on the plus side, if they release the game as it was released in JP, we'll have an advantage to knowing how the economy will go, how long before DuDu nerfs, that sorta thing+^_^+

KuraiHikari
Apr 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
Very valid point. I still dread Dudu "The Weapon Killer" to this day.
Dudu: "Your weapon has a 75% chance of successfully grinding? I think you meant 5%"

I digress. It would be awesome to get more people playing PSO2, as there's a large crowd who's waiting for the English release and won't play the JP version. That way whenever I enter a room, the players (who sometimes despise non-japanese speaking players) there won't run away from me, leaving me alone with a VH Chrome Dragon. ^^;

I do see us not getting everything that the JP server will be getting,however, as is the case with many translated MMOs and just games in general.

Laxedrane
Apr 25, 2013, 08:04 AM
I kind of consider this the last metaphoric nail in the International release coffin. If we get no news from either branch about the International release. I think it will probably be canceled.

Then again E3 the same month they plan on releasing episode 2. So who knows what could happen.

Emp
Apr 25, 2013, 08:17 AM
I hope they don't. English versions of jp games always seem to be bastardized somehow.

Kion
Apr 25, 2013, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know how to calculate opportunity costs? How much Sega could have been making if they released the international version last year, versus how much they're paying their staff to localize for a game that they're not making money off of, plus the ammount of fans their losing for not providing any information on when the game will be out? I mean even humoring Sega that they could have a perfectly reasonable explanation for delaying the game in the West, that still doesn't explain the complete lack of communication. And even if "SoA can't do anything, SoJ is pulling all of the strings" logic doesn't fly because I'm pretty sure that even with SoJ in control, that they wouldn't say anything like, "No SoA, you're not allowed to market or provide any information about the game in any way, shape or form". If they didn't think the game was going to sell in the west, I really wouldn't mind if they stated that as their reason and didn't release it. The amount of incompetence being displayed by Sega on this game is really unbelievable.

Lebensohl
Apr 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
Yes there is a big opportunity cost to a delayed released, and I'm sure if Sega slapped on something like an English patch / English Voice Actors onto PSO2 they would make a good amount of money. However, just because you could make money to do something doesn't mean you should.

What Sega is banking on is a very well done western release. The Asian and Western MMO markets are very different, and a straight forward port to the western market is unlikely to be very successful. Although we may believe PSO2 is great and awesome, in general, western players expect endgame content. Without endgame content, Sega risks having a very successful release, followed up by a massive exodus of players looking for things to do at the level cap (KOTOR, Rift?, Aion? not entirely familiar with too many mmos). In addition their financial model needs a bit of work, I'm not entirely sure how profitable selling female costumes will be in the west.

Although this is all speculation, I believe that Sega is banking on a well done western release and hopes that PSO2 can be something more than just a niche mmo in the west. Personally I think with the new tower coming up as endgame content, conditions are looking right.

Noxia
Apr 25, 2013, 11:11 AM
Most of the people rage, not because SoA didn't release the game yet.
They rage because of the lack of comunication about how the localisation is progressing.... in fact, we don't even know if the NA release is progressing...

If they just got hard time to work on it (lack of money or lack of time), they don't need to hide it, we would understand.
However, if it's because SEGA do not give a f*** about the NA release, that's an other story.....

Vintasticvin
Apr 25, 2013, 12:57 PM
:D The Pouny Bunny has spoken!!!! *Raises hand as well* Even I invest loads of time and money in JPSO2 Im still hoping for a localised release so the stubborn/dedicated ones can get in on the fun of being afk on that one social block everyone meets up at.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 25, 2013, 01:04 PM
I tried, with english patch. But i can't stand to not be able to read everything. It makes me angry è_é very angry !

You know the patch is being updated every week with more and more content being translated.

Totori
Apr 25, 2013, 07:40 PM
I'll raise my hand, it's the online section so yeah. I can see PSO2EN showing it's face.

Gigafreak
Apr 25, 2013, 07:50 PM
When they said in their latest Facebook post that they'll "post more about the playable demo after the show (https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2?_fb_noscript=1)," maybe they meant "the show" was E3! ...Instead of last year's PAX, when that was originally posted!

... ... ...

Seriously though what the hell went wrong way back then.

SquashDemon
Apr 25, 2013, 07:50 PM
...I really don't understand the sega hate. Maybe my not playing most of the universe series caused me to miss out on when they became the devil or something. *shrugs* I for one am excited about the US release, but will be bummed when it turns out that they're not using merged international servers like they did back in PSO GCN. Because that means I'll be starting from scratch, but eh, I've done it before.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 25, 2013, 07:54 PM
It's already been confirmed by sakai that the En version will have its own server that NA and EU will share. It's not a global server unless something changes between now and then.

Anyway the sega hate is justified and if you haven't dealt with it before there's little reason to comment on it.

SuperChoco
Apr 25, 2013, 08:03 PM
I feel this would probably would not be the best time to reveal PSO 2 to the west. All the hype from other, bigger gaming news would overshadow game. I feel we'll hear something in May or late June.

Rekku
Apr 25, 2013, 08:35 PM
At this point, I don't care about what the game will have - I want a definite "yes" or "no" regarding its release. They haven't confirmed anything except a delay, but even that opens possibilities of the game never happening, along with the possibility of the game happening later than usual. We just don't know. It's like they're planning some sick twisted reverse psychology to try to build hype because they're saying nothing -.-

If it's cancelled, then that's the go-ahead for me to play JP. If it gets a release date, I have something to look forward to. Right now I'm in this stupid limbo state, patiently waiting for the only MMO that has ever interested me (I was broke back during PSO, not to mention I had never heard of the franchise), with no idea how long I'll be waiting. I don't want to invest time and loads of technical effort into JP if EN comes out...

I raise my hand though. I have that stupid faith that the next major game news outlet will allow them to say something.

striker0
Apr 26, 2013, 01:18 AM
If they do say some news, I'll probably stay on my stance of "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't, oh well". But if they announce some kind of actual window or possibly a predetermined date, I may crap a purple twinkie.

In all honestly, my focus has seriously gone from PSO2 to the new Animal Crossing game coming out in June.

Syklo
Apr 26, 2013, 01:44 AM
It's already been confirmed by sakai that the En version will have its own server that NA and EU will share. It's not a global server unless something changes between now and then.

..........so, uh,
where does that leave Australia and/or Oceania?

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 01:51 AM
..........so, uh,
where does that leave Australia and/or Oceania?
In reality, only two server sets will probably exist: Japan and Not Japan.

Syklo
Apr 26, 2013, 01:53 AM
So not-japan will end up with chinese hackers?
It'd be a miracle if that doesn't happen.

Darki
Apr 26, 2013, 01:59 AM
So not-japan will end up with chinese hackers?
It'd be a miracle if that doesn't happen.

Actually I remember reading something about another asian server, but don't quote me on this. Was it Korea? Or even China? It'd be funny that they made a chinese server just to give the hackers a "ghetto" for them to populate in hopes that they leave the other servers a bit free of their actions.

Meji
Apr 26, 2013, 02:08 AM
I have a feeling they'll only attend to Tokyo Game Show 2013 this September. Not so sure about E3.

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 02:30 AM
Actually I remember reading something about another asian server, but don't quote me on this. Was it Korea? Or even China?
Korea. There was a Korean language demo shown at a Korean game show sometime last year. I think it's progressed as well as the English version though.

blace
Apr 26, 2013, 02:43 AM
Actually I remember reading something about another asian server, but don't quote me on this. Was it Korea? Or even China? It'd be funny that they made a chinese server just to give the hackers a "ghetto" for them to populate in hopes that they leave the other servers a bit free of their actions.
They'll still propogate to other servers even with dedicated chinese servers.

I've played around on CN Dragon Nest and US Dragon Nest, they populate both servers, even though US Dragon Nest claims to have region lock in place. If not, there will most likely be local RMT that will spam up the game.

Cagedtaytay
Apr 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
E3 is my last hope.
If its not annouced by then, I'll go play JP, because I'll have given up.

Vintasticvin
Apr 26, 2013, 12:00 PM
...I really don't understand the sega hate. Maybe my not playing most of the universe series caused me to miss out on when they became the devil or something. *shrugs* I for one am excited about the US release, but will be bummed when it turns out that they're not using merged international servers like they did back in PSO GCN. Because that means I'll be starting from scratch, but eh, I've done it before.

I was like you once upon a time not knowing why the hatred for Sega was strong but I can its legit for the rage. We were either extremly late or we never got the updates, we didnt get much event levels like the battle festas, were denied of th GC shop, got reskins of weapons wheras Japanese got totally original look.

But of course there were other possible yet obvious factors in play and I refuse to go on since I know of the chaos that will unfold in this thread but at the end of the I still don't have a burning hatred for Sega instead I feel like they made mistakes here and there and for sure left out content wise even though I was low leveled. I forgave Sega, gave my thanks for a fun game and moved on hoping they will look back and learn from the things that had a negative impact on the "international" server's customers.

Gigafreak
Apr 26, 2013, 01:54 PM
To this day I do not understand why they removed the Nintendo-themed joke weapons from the English release of Phantasy Star Zero. Which was a Nintendo console exclusive. At least the translation quality was better than usual for that title...

Cyclon
Apr 26, 2013, 02:34 PM
...I really don't understand the sega hate. Maybe my not playing most of the universe series caused me to miss out on when they became the devil or something.
Woops, missed that one.

A wise man once said: the patient one never forgives.
It means that the more patient you are, the longer it'll take you to forgive should your patience's limits be reached.

Yeah I just made that up

Oookay, I'll take the bet and say they'll be at E3.

Arrow
Apr 26, 2013, 02:48 PM

AppLocale
...if it's a client side thing.

---

Anyway I'll be the optimist (yes optimist) and say they will not be there.

praying that reverse psychology works...er- not

blace
Apr 26, 2013, 02:52 PM
AppLocale
...if it's a client side thing.

---

Anyway I'll be the optimist (yes optimist) and say they will not be there.

praying that reverse psychology works...er- not

Applocale doesn't change your IP to match a Japanese IP.

As for the ToS, it's been there since the alpha. It's really not new or added in later on.

As for E3, it's still several months away. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Arrow
Apr 26, 2013, 03:04 PM
Applocale doesn't change your IP to match a Japanese IP.

As for the ToS, it's been there since the alpha. It's really not new or added in later on.

As for E3, it's still several months away. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Naturally it won't affect the IP, but we are talking about the company that put the censor block client side... so I was thinking if they put the computer block client side (instead of IP block) then that would happen...sorta....
I'm not that tech savvy so I should probably not try and talk bout something I don't know too well.

but yeah...E3 is the last hope in my mind for total confirmation. Unless they keep PSO2 underground like other games and not bring it to such a public thing...
uhm did they ever announce it at an E3 b4? >.< I really didn't follow any mainstream news about it.

SquashDemon
Apr 26, 2013, 10:40 PM
Ah, so it was Universe. Well, that was then, this is now, wise man once said, "Never judge the outcome of the future based on the events of the past."

And I'mma go ahead and give them a chance. Personally, I believe that it's highly possible they'll show up at E3, and if not, whatever, I'll keep playing PSO2JP. If they release International servers that are crappy and lame, like Universe's apparently were, then eh, I'll just continue playing PSO2JP.

king_axios
Apr 27, 2013, 12:08 AM
I'll give them a chance its either that or just assume they won't show and mama always said assumptions are the mother of all F up's

Darki
Apr 27, 2013, 12:38 AM
Ah, so it was Universe. Well, that was then, this is now, wise man once said, "Never judge the outcome of the future based on the events of the past."

And I'mma go ahead and give them a chance. Personally, I believe that it's highly possible they'll show up at E3, and if not, whatever, I'll keep playing PSO2JP. If they release International servers that are crappy and lame, like Universe's apparently were, then eh, I'll just continue playing PSO2JP.

I doubt any wise man would say anything like that, honestly.

Syklo
Apr 27, 2013, 12:49 AM
mama always said assumptions are the mother of all F up's

What if what mama said was an assumption in itself?

Noc Codez
Apr 27, 2013, 12:51 AM
Woops, missed that one.

A wise man once said: the patient one never forgives.
It means that the more patient you are, the longer it'll take you to forgive should your patience's limits be reached.

Yeah I just made that up

Oookay, I'll take the bet and say they'll be at E3.

Hmmm let's see the track record of SOA and you judge.

Pso/BB

Mass hacking/endless winter lobby/FSOD/BSOD/No updates in last year of servers being open

PSU/Pc/PS2

Mass hacking/meseta dupe/MGG glitch/making of unreleased weapons/shops being hacked into/server being closed because they did nothing to fix these problems besides put band aid fixes which players found a way around.

PSU/360

Account stealing/scamming/grinder glitch/re-skins/no updates/event last year of servers being opened even Doh 360 had a HDD on it oh and let's not forget false promises of "new" content to come.

Did I miss anything ? Take it from a player who been their since the beginning SOA will ruin PSO2 because they don't care about it. To them it's a quick cash cow to make more crap sonic games..

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2013, 12:51 AM
What if what mama said was an assumption in itself?

Cynical Assumptions VS Naivety!

WHO WILL WIN!

Alisha
Apr 27, 2013, 12:53 AM
considering that nintendo backed out of e3....

Noc Codez
Apr 27, 2013, 12:55 AM

Speaking of Nintendo give me monster hunter with online for 3ds pls.. I hear JP has one coming why not us ? :(

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 27, 2013, 01:00 AM

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2013, 01:02 AM

Nintendo doesn't need to go to that penis measuring contest anymore.

They have Nintendo Direct.

Syklo
Apr 27, 2013, 01:17 AM
Cynical Assumptions VS Naivety!

WHO WILL WIN!
Count me in for Naivety.
-Goes to blue room-
"GO!"

SquashDemon
Apr 27, 2013, 06:06 AM
Did I miss anything ? Take it from a player who been their since the beginning SOA will ruin PSO2 because they don't care about it. To them it's a quick cash cow to make more crap sonic games..
but...SOA doesn't make sonic games, SOJ does.

Cyclon
Apr 27, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hmmm let's see the track record of SOA and you judge.

Pso/BB

Mass hacking/endless winter lobby/FSOD/BSOD/No updates in last year of servers being open

PSU/Pc/PS2

Mass hacking/meseta dupe/MGG glitch/making of unreleased weapons/shops being hacked into/server being closed because they did nothing to fix these problems besides put band aid fixes which players found a way around.

PSU/360

Account stealing/scamming/grinder glitch/re-skins/no updates/event last year of servers being opened even Doh 360 had a HDD on it oh and let's not forget false promises of "new" content to come.

You're right, who am I to try and defend you guys. I hate all of you negative preachy pretentious assholes anyway not really though.

Though negativity against SoA alone has grown quite old. Now you must hate Sega as a whole. Also crap sonic games? Where have you been?

Seriously guys I didn't mean it

-

So seriously, yes, I knew most of that, I had an entire year spent around here to educate myself(not to mention I've been here since PSOv1 as well). And that's what I was saying anyway. You can't summon people's patience repeatedly and expect them to forget afterwards.

To be fair, problems like that have been relatively few in number on PSO2 as of now. Look, around, people are actually complaining about the game itself, if that isn't good proof...
"Because it's JP"? Maybe...

Also blue room it is for me as well.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2013, 07:20 AM
It's a quick cash cow to SoJ too >_>

Mike
Apr 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
It's a quick cash cow to SoJ too >_>
Gotta milk that AC scratch while it's still legal.

SuperChoco
Apr 27, 2013, 05:46 PM
While I was only online for PSU, Sega of America's handling was good for what it was, especially since there were more debilitating problems with PSU at its core. I'm excited to see the western release, but I can understand why not much information is being presented at the moment.

Zipzo
Apr 27, 2013, 05:54 PM
I think I'd be dead by the time I can finally release my breath when PSO2 releases in English.

Anyways...I have a doubtful hope for E3, but I'll still raise my hand. (*-*)/

If you're an average human being you'd probably be dead in less than a few minutes, actually, that's assuming you simply don't pass out or reflexively inhale because of the human need for air.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think PSO2 won't be at PSO2...

Not because SEGAs lame(which they are and it'll probably be part of the reason)

But because everyone in general stopped caring the second PSU actually launched.

And Because E3 is lame too.

3 lames vs a hope. Forget it. Also yeah... It's really hard to blame people being negative because of SEGAs track record on this game. So far it's always relevant whenever you're waiting for something good. (Even when it's something good that you know you're gonna get that you think... it'll be impossible for them to fuck this up.)

I stopped giving them hope after like... month 6 of JP PSO2. I think during game's development I even gave people shit for being negative thinking "SEGAS GOTTEN BETTER SONIC GAMES ARE PROOF" But now... It truly is better to be pleasantly surprised, than to hope and then be reminded of how dumb SEGA is.

MrPOW
Apr 28, 2013, 04:50 PM

They didn't "back out" of E3, they're just not doing a big pre-show conference like they usually do. Instead, they'll be unveiling their new products to the public through Nintendo Direct, and to the media via a smaller more private showings. And they'll be on the show floor like always.

On topic...I think PSO2 will be at E3 in some form if Sega still plans on releasing it in the West. I have a prediction, based on nothing, that Nintendo actually convinced Sega to port PSO2 to Wii U. As such, it skewed Sega of America's original plans for PSO2, thus their silence since PAX. That's what I hope, anyway.

Du1337
Apr 28, 2013, 04:53 PM
This project is falling apart..

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Ghalion
Apr 29, 2013, 03:08 AM
I dunno why everyone keeps saying "If they plan on making it still" or whatever. They've delayed it past its planned release date, only to say (late, after we already knew since it was past time) "It has been delayed".

They wouldn't anger fans with "it has been delayed" if they INTEND to simply cancel it, they might as well just bite the bullet and say its been canceled if so, because it's not like we wont figure that out if they never release it.

Sure, it's possible that they will change their mind and cancel it later, or that they'll flop and have to stop, or whatever other reasons for it never coming out. But based on their breaking newsflash "it's been delayed" (stupid I know), you can safely say that they CURRENTLY do not intend to cancel it =\.

Alisha
Apr 29, 2013, 04:12 AM
versus 13 yo. that shit aint ever coming out

blace
Apr 29, 2013, 04:21 AM
I dunno why everyone keeps saying "If they plan on making it still" or whatever. They've delayed it past its planned release date, only to say (late, after we already knew since it was past time) "It has been delayed".

They wouldn't anger fans with "it has been delayed" if they INTEND to simply cancel it, they might as well just bite the bullet and say its been canceled if so, because it's not like we wont figure that out if they never release it.

Sure, it's possible that they will change their mind and cancel it later, or that they'll flop and have to stop, or whatever other reasons for it never coming out. But based on their breaking newsflash "it's been delayed" (stupid I know), you can safely say that they CURRENTLY do not intend to cancel it =\.
Better to not bother with it, since everyone is rather hurt over PSU 360 not doing as well.

The discussion for PSO:BB is valid, but that was to be expected when it was simply a ported game from a past era with little to no added or improved features.

PSU in the west was on the Xbox 360 and that was the major issue, but looking around people ignore the Microsoft label on the system and pin the blame on SoA solely. The community manager didn't help alleviate the issue, and had commented at one point that the community was self centered. The problem, people seem to highly ignore, was that Microsoft was the final hurdle in getting content pushed towards the system.

In short, people pinned the blame on SoA, for lackluster service and continue to do so blindly without really looking at other factors and thus rage about having the international release be canceled, mainly due to PSU being on the 360.

AgemFrostMage
Apr 29, 2013, 07:25 AM
versus 13 yo. that shit aint ever coming out

That's because it has been canceled and replaced by Final Fantasy XV.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 07:32 AM
On topic...I think PSO2 will be at E3 in some form if Sega still plans on releasing it in the West. I have a prediction, based on nothing, that Nintendo actually convinced Sega to port PSO2 to Wii U. As such, it skewed Sega of America's original plans for PSO2, thus their silence since PAX. That's what I hope, anyway.

As much I would love to have that, seeing I started PSO on the Gamecube, I'm not sure if the Wii U can handle it. Well I guess in terms of space (32GB Wii U) it is doable but can the Wii U itself support the game like the Vita does?

Sierhiet
Apr 29, 2013, 09:50 AM
Better to not bother with it, since everyone is rather hurt over PSU 360 not doing as well.

The discussion for PSO:BB is valid, but that was to be expected when it was simply a ported game from a past era with little to no added or improved features.

PSU in the west was on the Xbox 360 and that was the major issue, but looking around people ignore the Microsoft label on the system and pin the blame on SoA solely. The community manager didn't help alleviate the issue, and had commented at one point that the community was self centered. The problem, people seem to highly ignore, was that Microsoft was the final hurdle in getting content pushed towards the system.

In short, people pinned the blame on SoA, for lackluster service and continue to do so blindly without really looking at other factors and thus rage about having the international release be canceled, mainly due to PSU being on the 360.

Eloquent summary.

On topic, I actually don't think they'll be present for E3. I feel as if any announcement they make will be in a more privatized or low key setting. This is of course, speculation at best.

Vintasticvin
Apr 29, 2013, 10:09 AM
Except that PSO:BB was run horribly as well.

Everything was managed horribly and my and Im able to accept the truth after all the onvestigation from the consumers point of view and I seen the horrors myself. Psu was fun but we were denied alotta things and sone were for obvious reasons.

ShinMaruku
Apr 29, 2013, 12:27 PM
-raises foot-

I raise my assault rifle.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 12:31 PM
I just want to point out that at the time of the last AOTI DLC update for 360 PSU, content from PSP2 had already been made for Japan's PSU and they simply elected not to have the forethought to provide it with that update. If that's not completely on SEGA's part, then I don't know what is.

blace
Apr 29, 2013, 12:51 PM
Except that PSO:BB was run horribly as well.
As I said, it was a dated game that had little to no improvements. Content wise, even JP PSO:BB wasn't that much further ahead aside from sponsor related events and items.

I just want to point out that at the time of the last AOTI DLC update for 360 PSU, content from PSP2 had already been made for Japan's PSU and they simply elected not to have the forethought to provide it with that update. If that's not completely on SEGA's part, then I don't know what is.
It would most likely rely heavily on Microsofts end. Having content made available from an improved version of the game over on Sony's end could have drawn players away from the 360. If it wasn't clear enough, Microsoft either buys out an entire franchise line to fuel the 360's growth and they have charged independent developers large sums of money to push content and updates onto the Live Marketplace.

My guess, from the above, is that Microsoft didn't want anything to detract current Live members to jump ship to a handheld that made PSU better than when it was PSU post launch.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 29, 2013, 01:03 PM
As much I would love to have that, seeing I started PSO on the Gamecube, I'm not sure if the Wii U can handle it. Well I guess in terms of space (32GB Wii U) it is doable but can the Wii U itself support the game like the Vita does?

If anything it might do it better. I dunno. *Shrugs*

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
It would most likely rely heavily on Microsofts end. Having content made available from an improved version of the game over on Sony's end could have drawn players away from the 360. If it wasn't clear enough, Microsoft either buys out an entire franchise line to fuel the 360's growth and they have charged independent developers large sums of money to push content and updates onto the Live Marketplace.

My guess, from the above, is that Microsoft didn't want anything to detract current Live members to jump ship to a handheld that made PSU better than when it was PSU post launch.

This was far before PSP2 was even released in the United States. And much of the AOTI content was shared with PSP already anyway.

blace
Apr 30, 2013, 12:41 AM
This was far before PSP2 was even released in the United States. And much of the AOTI content was shared with PSP already anyway.
I could see it simply due putting out content on PC was more cost effective than releasing new content due to Microsofts restrictions on the 360.

It's a bit backwards, but developing a game for PC doesn't limit the developer to what the system can or can't do with general hardware as that is changing every day, whereas consoles have limitations and need to be addressed for optimum performance. There's also the cost of having a developer kit, paying the parent company to develop the game for said console and marketing on media that requires more resources than simply downloading and losing less profit.

If you recall, JP PSU became PC only in the end while US/EU PSU remained on the 360 with content held back, possibly due to the amount of resources needed to push out content and hence the current PC and Vita versions of PSO2 as Sony has alleviated some of the stress needed to push out content and updates at a lower cost to developers.

pso2love
Apr 30, 2013, 06:20 PM
At this point I could care less if it takes them another year to release... The main concern with me is, are they going to nerf it and will we even see vita and smartphone releases?

At least tell us what you're planning to do, Sega, so I can either get excited again or say goodbye to pso2 alltogether. *argh*

I'm beginning to question if the petition had any affect at all... Or if it has ruined my excitement for this game. I'm sorry everyone, I merely acted out on what I thought would work. The fact that many decided to sign it helps ease the pain... I hope nobody hates me for that.

I guess that's what I get for being impatient. I hear that e-hugs are nice, I could use one.

Cyclon
Apr 30, 2013, 06:28 PM
Did someone ask for a e-hug?

...okay, just wanted to make sure. "leaves"

JUST KIDDIIIING here's one.

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2013, 06:31 PM
The complete and utter lack of any kind of hype whatsoever is puzzling, to say the least.

And, pso2love, either SoA doesn't care, or SoA's hands are tied and SoJ doesn't care. Somewhere up the chain of command, whoever calls the shots doesn't care about the EN release and/or success.

And that's just kind of how it's always been :/ Don't feel too bad.

blace
Apr 30, 2013, 06:51 PM
SoA has been getting the shaft since the 90's while SoJ focuses on Japan.

The lack of update on pso2.com is disconcerting.

Noxia
May 1, 2013, 04:25 PM
I noticed they removed the news concerning PSO2 at the PAX 2012 on the PSO2 official site

Are they preparing something else ?
or are they just removing it so it looks like it never happened ? ( °-°)

HIT0SHI
May 1, 2013, 06:04 PM
I noticed they removed the news concerning PSO2 at the PAX 2012 on the PSO2 official site

Are they preparing something else ?
or are they just removing it so it looks like it never happened ? ( °-°)

Err, I just checked and the PAX 2012 news is still there.

Noxia
May 2, 2013, 01:54 AM
You sure about it ?
I'm talking about this site http://phantasystaruniverse.com/us/ but not about the facebook page
I keep watching but i can't see it anywhere...

blace
May 2, 2013, 01:57 AM
You sure about it ?
I'm talking about this site http://phantasystaruniverse.com/us/
I keep watching but i can't see it anywhere...
Outdated link to an outdated game.

http://pso2.com

The news remains the same as it was before PAX.

Noxia
May 2, 2013, 02:05 AM
aww crap lol ( ._.)p

AgemFrostMage
May 2, 2013, 06:57 AM
They probably want to introduce a stupid Sonic game where he has another human girlfriend :mad:

Syklo
May 2, 2013, 07:19 AM
They probably want to introduce a stupid Sonic game where he has another human girlfriend :mad:
I wonder if that'll be echo.......

MAJOR PLOT TWIST!
Zeno vs Sonic!
Zeno uses Sonic Arrow!
Sonic uses Sonic Spin Dash!