PDA

View Full Version : Speed Traveling

RagolianHunter
Apr 25, 2013, 06:57 AM
Which pa's are used to travel faster with a FI/HU set-up.

Tips/Tricks? Thanks in advance.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 25, 2013, 07:00 AM
something involving knuckles, steady ping, weapon switching, step attack and carpel tunnel inducing button mashing+^_^+ that's as much as I've been able to glean from folks in game from asking+^_^+

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2013, 07:08 AM
Knuckle Dashing is great and easy, just hold down attack and spam dash. As soon as you dash release your dash button and then hold it down again. Rinse/repeat. Only really possible with fighter as your sub or main, with knuckle gear.

Then you've got Assault Buster, Straight Charge, Rodeo Drive, etc.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 25, 2013, 07:17 AM
Knuckle Dashing is great and easy, just hold down attack and spam dash. As soon as you dash release your dash button and then hold it down again. Rinse/repeat. Only really possible with fighter as your sub or main, with knuckle gear.

Then you've got Assault Buster, Straight Charge, Rodeo Drive, etc.

there a way to cancel out of Rodeo Drive before that 360 spin? cause at the end, that 360 spin slows you down and since you waste PP you have to do that run to sprint thing which can cause someone sprinting all along to pass you up+^_^+

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah, just dash.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 25, 2013, 07:19 AM
Yeah, just dash.

that has never worked for me, it always makes me wait until full animation is over before i can dive-roll +^_^+

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
Sign in and try it again, it's always worked for me. I see it all the time. Just spam the dash if it doesn't work with one press, I guess.

Dinosaur
Apr 25, 2013, 07:29 AM
You must be trippin, man. You can roll cancel Rodeo Drive at almost any point of the PA.

OT: Assault Buster. Grab a Soul Eater for PSO1 rep.

Kamekur
Apr 25, 2013, 07:54 AM
Set a palette with knuckles with straight charge x 3 / First PA. You can set 2 dagger palettes and set the numbers 1~0 as weapon palette, or use joytokey if you use gamepad (L2 and R2 are great to switch quickly). Partizan's assault buster (buy a lambda patty lumiera, they're great). Rodeo drive is a launcher PA, duh.

electrolytes
Apr 25, 2013, 09:38 AM
I saved some information on these earlier, though I haven't had the time to try anything out yet. I suppose I'll just copy/paste:

Speed travelling reference/comparison video:

http://nicoviewer.net/sm20056845
UnLucky on triple dashing and the importance of latency in weapon-switch variations:

Double/Triple dashing works with any melee weapon/gunslash, or rather, it's useless to do it with anything else. The idea is to eliminate the delay between consecutive dashes, which are otherwise faster than normal running. You can do this by either jumping before the first dash completely finishes, or switch weapons at that point which resets your animation. Problem is that latency delays the actual weapon switch, so this method becomes impractical outside of Japan.

Hitstop happens on any direct contact with an enemy/destructable object using your equipped weapon, including PAs. It delays your animation slightly per hit, which extends the duration the hitbox is active, which means more time to deal damage from the same attack. Problem is that latency delays the damage from registering, the mobs from dying, and new mobs respawning, so your attack animation can finish before extra targets have the time to throw their face into your weapon, which would provide more hitstun and prolong the attack animation for this sequence to repeat itself.
Z-0 comparing various travel types:

Here are some dashing fax anyway:

The fastest method of travel is Rodeo Drive, although obviously not sustainable due to PP.
After that, the fastest way to travel is doing the triple dash with twin dagger step attack after the third dash and sometimes switching into Partisan to use Assault Buster.
After that, the fastest way to travel is knuckle dash using Straight Charge to give yourself a bit of a boost.
After that, the fastest way to travel is triple dash with twin dagger step attack (but without Assault Buster).
After that, the fastest way to travel is knuckle dashing.
After that, the fastest way to travel is triple dash.

So...

Rodeo Drive > Twin Dagger Triple Dash w/ Assault Buster > Knuckle Dashing with Straight Charge > Twin Tagger Triple Dash > Knuckle Dashing > Triple Dash

In other words, Triple Dash isn't automatically better unless you have HU somewhere so that you can use Assault Buster.

~The End~
Z-0 on various PAs for travel:

Straight Charge (FI) and Assault Buster (HU) are the best travelling PAs, with Assault Buster being superior but less practical if you can't weapon cancel step.

Straight Charge is used while fist dashing. Instead of doing a step attack, replace it with Straight Charge from time to time for a bit of a speed boost.

Assault Buster is used during either fist dashing or the triple dash. During either, switch to Partsian and use Assault Buster after a step (just like Straight Charge), then change back to whatever weapon you were dashing with beforehand.

EDIT: And Raging Waltz is superior to both, but it needs height for you to travel using it. What you do is go into TPS mode, switch to daggers and use Raging Waltz straight in front of you. You will fall until you hit the floor at a very fast speed, then dash forward and do whatever your normal dash technique is.

BlankM
Apr 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
Isn't it faster to knuckle dash manually with step attack instead of holding the button?

Z-0
Apr 25, 2013, 10:06 AM
That's right, it is better to knuckle dash manually. I used to think there was no difference, but after changing to manually pressing the attack button, holding feels so slow... There is most definitely a difference.

As for dashing...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aqt0M5_uvRB1dGF3V3FRdVNFbHFWTFozT0U1WDZsS 2c&single=true&gid=1&output=html (found this on 2ch in the 2nd TA thread)

This spreadsheet is a comparison of pretty much every dashing technique in the game (with the exception of the Lobby Action Quadruple Dash, since it's rather new). To translate the entire list:

[spoiler-box]Note: The percents are how much the dash method compares to normally walking.

Mirage Dash: 60.73%
Dive Roll: 79.44%
Step Attack with Double Saber (Manual): 90.59%
Step: 97.47%
Step Attack with Sword (Manual): 98.72%
Walking: 100%
Step Attack with Partisan (Manual): 100.09%
Step Attack with Gunslash (Manual): 100.43%
Step Attack with Barehands (Hold): 109.07%
Double Step: 110.95%
Triple Step: 115.50%
Step Attack with Barehands (Manual): 115.96%