PDA

View Full Version : NEW Content + more extreme quest info.

DoubleCannon
Apr 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
Figured I may as well for once do this.
Thanks to BUMPED for the info

Extreme Quests

Extreme Quests are VR simulations intended for advanced players to test their skills under harsh situations. Extreme Quests are available at level 50+ compromising of enemies starting from level 60. Extreme quests feature a combination of bosses and enemies that won’t normally appear together in other quests.

In order for players to challenge this quest, they’ll need an Extreme Pass. Every 22 hours, you can receive 1 Extreme Pass at the Quest Counter. Extreme Quests are set up in 5 stage increments. Initially 40 stages will be available upon release, but they plan to add more stages in the future.

There are technical conditions to each stage called “Stage Orders” allowing players to attempt various challenges. For example, by “defeating the designated enemy within the time limit” makes bonuses appear in the next stage.

You can store virtual items along the way and keep a certain number of them based upon the clear results of the quest. Only here can you receive brand new 11 star weapons and units. In addition, even if the rare items aren’t readily available, eventually some day, you’ll be able to obtain new rare weapons by continuing to clear the quest.

Limited Time Event
May 15th through June 12th

A new Forest Emergency Quest will be available for a limited titled “With Rain and Wind!” In this quest, which tends to have rainy weather, you’ll have a much easier time encountering the mysterious Mr. Umblla. Other bosses like Fang Banther and Chrome Dragon can also appear here as well.
There will be Frog Rappies and it drops the special twin gun BubbRappy Gun .. Looks pretty sweet lol

Team Features Expanded
Forest Base

Put your athletic skills to the test in the new Forest Team Room Base. Players can jump from stump to stump, carefully traverse the narrow bridge, and slide down a water slide to find meseta and items placed in various locations around the base.

Choose from a new selection of NPCs for your team room including the butler/maid, or comical characters in the Rappy or Lillipan suit.

MAG LEVEL CAP INCREASE
Yes it is about time! Now you can level up your mag to level 175. Prepare for feeding frenzy, those mags are hungry!

Multiple Emergency Quests
Several Emergency Quests in the same region will appear at the same time. For example, if the announcement is for city areas, the “City Mop-Up,” “City Recapture,” and Falz Hunar emergency quest can now appear at the same time.

Fun Shop
The fun shop to what appears to be limited to 50% rare boost (1500 Fun) 250% rare boost (14000 Fun) And the rest deco items that you can just pay 1050 meseta at player shops which BTW cost 10000! FUN! WTH THATS OVER 9000 sega gone mad!

And last is some new scratch items called Shining Girls Festa Scratch

Head over to bumped for all the pictures!
That is all for now. My guess is May 15th for all this?

UnLucky
Apr 26, 2013, 11:41 AM
Every 22 hours
Most exciting part of that announcement imo

Kion
Apr 26, 2013, 11:49 AM
Multiple Emergency Quests
Several Emergency Quests in the same region will appear at the same time. For example, if the announcement is for city areas, the “City Mop-Up,” “City Recapture,” and Falz Hunar emergency quest can now appear at the same time.

Way to fuck up my chrome extension... Fuck. Recently it seems like not many people play the EQ's anyways aside from Falz. Now they want to make them hard to get a party for?

The Walrus
Apr 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
>Frog rappies

Take my money Sega

Drifting Fable
Apr 26, 2013, 12:15 PM
I do have one query about this Virtual Storage, how long does it last? I mean will you get an 11* and it will stay there until you can retrieve it with the appropriate clear ranking score?

That could be nice.

UnLucky
Apr 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Way to fuck up my chrome extension... Fuck. Recently it seems like not many people play the EQ's anyways aside from Falz. Now they want to make them hard to get a party for?

For your extension, instead of "EQ1 or EQ2 or EQ3" you now just say "EQ in Location." It just means no one will do Caves or Hunar MPA.

And I'll still only do Falz.

Meyfei
Apr 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
The tower is severely tempting to try. Really it's like Looking back at Challenge Mode Tower's from PSO xD!

Condition: DIE AND LOSE... Also them anti 7's in them C-modes trololo classic.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 01:29 PM

These were the first two things to cross my mind as well actually. It's possible they may just make announcements like "darker influence over lillipa has increased drastically" and you won't have to change much at all though, so lets take a wait and see approach to this one, no?

Aside from that yeah this is really dumb. I can see what they were going for. "don't like the EQ we announced? No worries, now you can take your pick"

Thing is now you either have to go where everyone else is going or you're stuck playing with a couple friends at best.

Gardios
Apr 26, 2013, 01:29 PM
Okay seriously with this tower thing and different floor and special conditions and bosses... Is anyone else reminded of Sword Art Online? I almost want to make a Kirito character and level him up fast. (Or actually use my Leafa character!)

Imagine the endless QQ if bosses suddenly started to give out last-hit drops. :-P

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2013, 02:29 PM
Imagine the endless QQ if bosses suddenly started to give out last-hit drops. :-P

Congratulation:

You dealt the finishing blow!

Xaeris
Apr 26, 2013, 03:49 PM
The nice thing about non Falz EQs is that they get a bunch of people to participate in one mission and make it a lot easier to get exp at odd levels. This kinda shoots that in the kneecap.

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
Didn't see a video link anywhere in this thread, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQB6en9fKV0&feature=youtu.be

You may have seen it already but.. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Dnd
Apr 26, 2013, 04:32 PM
The multiple EQ's at once is pretty awesome imo. So many times I've been disappointed with a city one not being Hunar for example.

Tower? Lets just hope they build in some fail-safe disconnection that allows you to rejoin (Or at least, next time you complete the tower get the rewards from the previous one added on. So you clear 3 floors then get Dc'd? no problem, next tower if you clear it you get that towers pick + the 3 floors you did before).

I've been looking forward to the tower for months now, since it was hinted at even, sega don't disappoint me please ;-;

doomdragon83
Apr 26, 2013, 07:52 PM
Okay seriously with this tower thing and different floor and special conditions and bosses... Is anyone else reminded of Sword Art Online? I almost want to make a Kirito character and level him up fast. (Or actually use my Leafa character!)
It actually reminds me of Tales of Symphonia. That optional book dungeon had rules for every floor like kill all enemies and no item clause (NO ITEMS, EVER!!!), and then you got single character chosen (manually or randomly) and that character has to get through the whole floor by themselves; getting stuck with someone who you aren't good with on a kill all enemies floor and with a no item clause sucks balls, almost a guaranteed game over.

Rien
Apr 26, 2013, 08:22 PM
In addition, even if the rare items aren’t readily available, eventually some day, you’ll be able to obtain new rare weapons by continuing to clear the quest.

In addition, even if the rare items aren’t readily available, eventually some day,

eventually some day,

Remember, this "some day" is never.

Zeota
Apr 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
The way the tower is set up reminds me of Nyzul Isle from FFXI. You had an entry item that recharged everyday, but you could have up to 4, which meant you could go 4 times in a single day. You had a 30-minute time limit and had to complete a random task on each floor with a boss every 20th floor. If your group was really good, you could clear 7 or 8 floors, but your progress was only saved in increments of 5. Early last year, they released a version for level 99 where you started at floor 1 and you had 30 minutes to get to floor 100. As you completed floors, you went up between 2 and 12 floors. When it was first introduced, you could be on like floor 96 and shoot past 100 and it'd spit you on floor 3 or something. Some of the best armor in the game came from there for a while.

Syklo
Apr 26, 2013, 10:10 PM
Team Features Expanded
Forest Base

Put your athletic skills to the test in the new Forest Team Room Base. Players can jump from stump to stump, carefully traverse the narrow bridge, and slide down a water slide to find meseta and items placed in various locations around the base.

Choose from a new selection of NPCs for your team room including the butler/maid, or comical characters in the Rappy or Lillipan suit.

what.
I can imagine bots farming this.

Also, YES MAG CAP UP!
But FML if I can't feed my rares :-(

Zyrusticae
Apr 26, 2013, 10:12 PM
^ - It'll probably be a "once-a-day" thing. I doubt the items will respawn anything faster than that.

UnLucky
Apr 26, 2013, 10:48 PM
They should just make Falz show up every hour

Tenlade
Apr 27, 2013, 12:18 AM
Remember, this "some day" is never.

actually it might just be more shiny stones to trade in, as it seemed they could be a tower reward, so there's that.

.Jack
Apr 27, 2013, 01:00 AM
I'm really looking forward to spending all my future FUN points on the rare boosters. :D Anyone know what are the rest beneath the pic?

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hunky-Fun-Shop.jpg

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2013, 01:06 AM
I'm really looking forward to spending all my future FUN points on the rare boosters. :D Anyone know what are the rest beneath the pic?

This dude looks like, he WANTS you to look at his stupid prices, then his stupid hat that he put on in a silly way with his stupid grin that makes you want to slap his hat off of that fucking bean of his. And somehow hate him just as much as you hate dudu.

What a FUN shop you have here.

Syklo
Apr 27, 2013, 01:16 AM
If you could actually trade IN those listed items for FUN points (rather than the reverse), then that's something that'll actually seem USEFUL.

Daveach
Apr 27, 2013, 01:29 AM
If you could actually trade IN those listed items for FUN points (rather than the reverse), then that's something that'll actually seem USEFUL.

somehow...that would be a very well done thing from SEGA for this game...we poor non-AC spenders need more FUN

UnLucky
Apr 27, 2013, 01:41 AM

for 1/10 the going rate, sure

Syklo
Apr 27, 2013, 01:56 AM
somehow...that would be a very well done thing from SEGA for this game...we poor non-AC spenders need more FUN
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

for 1/10 the going rate, sure

That's still fine

And if you're lucky, that 1k FUN you get from exchanging a weapon hologram, can get you 10 more (to exchange)!
But you're Unlucky, sooooo.......

Kierto
Apr 27, 2013, 06:10 AM
I just wish you could feed 7-9* to Mag. Clear out the damn market of all the trash.

Syklo
Apr 27, 2013, 06:31 AM
I just wish you could feed 7-9* to Mag. Clear out the damn market of all the trash.
And my storage too.

Seriously, I've been saving up rares for something like this to happen

Bellion
Apr 27, 2013, 07:42 AM

After the rare boosters:
Welcome Mat
Trick Darts
Goodjob Counter
Weapon Hologram
Juke Box
Shop Counter
PRE Box(Not sure what PRE stands for)

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2013, 07:45 AM
I think the best part about that screen is the guy has 109k FUN points.

Because that's totally plausible for an ordinary player in any period of time shorter than 4 months with zero scratches.

Z-0
Apr 27, 2013, 08:09 AM
I have 19,240... !

Poor. ;_;

Maronji
Apr 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
I think the best part about that screen is the guy has 109k FUN points.

Because that's totally plausible for an ordinary player in any period of time shorter than 4 months with zero scratches.

I did extremely rough calculations (aka I might not've accounted for something or missed something somewhere), and if you ran with 10 Friend Partners and gave out 10 Good Jobs every day, you'd get 1150 FUN per 5 days as a non-paying user, FUN tickets notwithstanding.

Therefore, as a completely free player going through an EX Cube dry spell, you would get that much FUN after saving up for 474 days. That's 1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days.

I'd rather hang myself, personally.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I was guesstimating based on having premium and remembering having, like, 20 after...I dunno that felt like a month of no scratching, I guess.

I have no idea, but however long it was it was NOT worth these prices.

This is unfortunately a major theme in this game. You can play your luck against horrendous odds, or pay an enormous price for something largely worthless that you can usually just buy from players for way less money.

I'm not sure if it's them having a tantrum about "listening" to players about creating guaranteed content, or if they actually haven't once looked on the markets.

I mean, this all seems like it's meant to only ensnare the players who have never thought to see if they can just find shit on the player markets for cheaper. SURELY there aren't enough people like that to turn a higher profit than if they designed it properly, and everyone paid a smaller and more manageable price...which is the entire freaking concept of F2P.

~Aya~
Apr 27, 2013, 09:05 AM
So much work to do~....

I need to make a ton of mesetas so that I can upgrade my current gear.. meehhhhhh!!!!

I feel as if they should lower the cost of items in FUN since the odds of getting trash is so great and the amount of the fun you can get daily is kind of low.. especially if you are not Premium user.

DoubleCannon
Apr 27, 2013, 09:14 AM
to be honest.. for the fun shop.. was really hoping to see a 3 day my-shop.. even for 10k+ fun id pay for that.

Z-0
Apr 27, 2013, 09:21 AM
I highly, highly doubt MyShop is going to be in there.

If it is, it'll be extortion prices, because you're supposed to pay for that stuff.

Jakosifer
Apr 27, 2013, 12:37 PM
"Log in 100 days straight to get 3 days of my shop"

Whack. /sucks teeth

~Aya~
Apr 27, 2013, 12:43 PM

Whack. /sucks teeth

Btw potential 3 and more no fail grinds 8D.. time to go find gekisnata~

Meyfei
Apr 27, 2013, 03:53 PM

Whack. /sucks teeth

wait... seriously?

BlankM
Apr 27, 2013, 06:10 PM
So wait - Instead of hitting the FUN scratch and selling what you get (which is A LOT with 19k), you'd rather trade them in for rare boosters?

Not seeing the point here =/

The 50% ones are only 1400 in the video. Thats like 3 days worth of FUN for a premium user. Not a bad deal imo since you can't get them with meseta.

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2013, 10:36 PM
Paying over 1000 FUN for a jukebox, or buying one from player shops for 1050 meseta. Decisions, decisions!

There's gotta be some kind of upside* we don't know about yet.

*Probably a 'forced' upside, in which I mean that SEGA is gonna fuck around with the FUN system and make paying 1000+ FUN for one item a bargain.

Inazuma
Apr 28, 2013, 01:55 AM
Most or all of those items/prices are likely placeholders. It doesn't make any sense to have common and cheap items for 10k FUN points.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 28, 2013, 02:16 AM
Most or all of those items/prices are likely placeholders. It doesn't make any sense to have common and cheap items for 10k FUN points.

it's possible that the whole fun shop system is a beta test for how AC may work for international servers (i say may with an emphasis)+^_^+ what with International gambling laws, and the fact a local government gets to decide if AC is considered real money, and wether persons under certain ages can use it on scratch tickets, even if said scratch tickets have no chance of returning any real world monetary value+^_^+ still, leave it to SEGAC to have 10K FUN point placeholders in their video+^_^+

.Jack
Apr 28, 2013, 03:05 AM
After the rare boosters:
Welcome Mat
Trick Darts
Goodjob Counter
Weapon Hologram
Juke Box
Shop Counter

I know, I was wondering about the other unseen items that are underneath all those thing, but ty! ^^

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2013, 08:09 AM

'PRE' would sand for 'Present'. I can tell, because that's the same type of box they used in PSU (called 'GRM Express'). Basically, you can place the box in someone else's room and leave an item inside of it. Then they can open the box and receive the item (destroying the box).

it remains to be seen if Premium players can use it with non-Prem players that have a 3-day room pass. I'd say 'no', but we'll see.

Kierto
Apr 28, 2013, 08:23 AM
'PRE' would sand for 'Present'. I can tell, because that's the same type of box they used in PSU (called 'GRM Express'). Basically, you can place the box in someone else's room and leave an item inside of it. Then they can open the box and receive the item (destroying the box).

it remains to be seen if Premium players can use it with non-Prem players that have a 3-day room pass. I'd say 'no', but we'll see.

The Valentines Gift boxes (and I think Christmas? Can't remember) work as room gift boxes currently.

All it requires is that the person giving the gift is a Premium user. You can place the box in ANY room regardless if the room owner is Premium or not. Pretty good if you have alts and get a 3 day room pass from FUN/EXcube or whatever and don't want to risk market sniping to transfer things.

You can place any item inside them apart from soulbound equips, untradeables and 10*s (basically anything with the 'no trade' sign).

Bellion
Apr 28, 2013, 09:09 AM
I know, I was wondering about the other unseen items that are underneath all those thing, but ty! ^^

Ah, sorry. I'd actually like to know about the rest of the list too.

I see. I should've made that connection since a friend decided to decorate most of my room with those boxes back in PSU. >_>

ShadowDragon28
Apr 28, 2013, 09:35 PM

^ This

RedRaz0r
Apr 29, 2013, 11:11 AM

But its Sega. It doesnt have to make sense.