PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 The Challenge Thread!

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 12:22 PM
Basically, this is exactly what it says. A challenge thread.

Someone gives out a challenge and whomever does it first, wins the challenge(Not to say you can't do it regardless even if you're not first. You still completed it. lol).
Once the challenge is completed, someone can give out the next one until completed and then another after that and so on.

I know some of you are bored, so what the hell? May as well, right?
Also, if a challenge is far too hard for you, you all can just say "pass", I guess. Though, where would be the fun in that?

Edit: Went ahead and added Arrow's layout. Thanks for saving me the work. xD
If any mod catches something I failed to add(Which I'm sure I will), please help. o: Looking at you, Tingle.

Incase I miss anything, here is his post --

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968221&postcount=15

Challenges To Be Completed:

1 - Resanoca
Darker Den, solo, no damage

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]No[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

2 - Skyly HUmar
[SPOILER-BOX]solo vh falz arm in under 6 minutes

Completed?[SPOILER-BOX]No[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Challenge 3 -

5 - Sayara
[SPOILER-BOX]4) Get abducted

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]FUCK.[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX] (this wasn't a real challenge.)

Challenge 6 - See For Teh LOLs

7 - SakoHaruo
[Spoiler-box]Using any 7* weapon.. defeat all dual bosses (including Banther/Banshee) with mob.

- No red weapons
- No damage
- Very hard only

in order to get the mob and second boss to spawn you will need someone in your party and you also have to transport into the field together. after the bosses and mob spawn the other player must abort the quest or get killed. I recommend removing all armor and mag if they choose to stay in the party.

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]No[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

8 - Arrow
[Spoiler-box]Clear Naberius TA within...20 or 45 minutes? (what would be realistically challenging? I don't know as I haven't done it yet) on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.
You will have only 5 monomates available for healing.

In other words: you, bare hands, dodge moves, and 5 monomates VS The World.

[/Spoiler-box]

Challenge 9 - See For Teh LOLs

10+11 - Arrow
[Spoiler-box]10) Defeat [s]Derp Bug Dark Ragne solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.
You will have only 10 monomates available for healing.

In other words: you, bare hands, dodge moves, and 10 monomates VS The Beatles Derp Bug Dark Ragne.

Completed? Nope- for I am so evil~[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

[Spoiler-box]11) Defeat [s]Turbo Turtle Tank Zeshy-whateveritscalled solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else of the like) or PAs/techs.
You will have only 2 monomates available for healing.

In other words: you, bare hands, dodge moves, and 2 monomates VS Turbo Turtle Tank Zeshy-seriouslywhatisitcalled?.
[/Spoiler-box]

12 - Ce'Nedra

[spoiler-box]Gunslash melee only AQ rare Snow Kitties at lv60 lv3 infected. You are allowed to use class skills, but no PA (Techniques included for you FO/TE) or Gun mode.
Completed?
[spoiler-box]No.[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

13 - Syklo

[spoiler-box]The Syklone Challenge (teehee)
Rules
-Solo any boss on very hard mode, using twin daggers WITHOUT LOSING TWIN DAGGER GEAR!
This means:
-Cannot touch the ground (except via PA's)
-Cannot take damage
========
-The challenge begins the moment damage is dealt to the enemy, so you can stay on the ground until then (even launch a PB)
-No partners after challenge starts, so kick your npc's before the PB hits if you plan to do that strategy
-Any class combination allowed, so techs are allowed, but since you need PA's, a FI is required.

Bonus points if you can accomplish that on Big Vardha.
Completed?
[spoiler-box]No[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Completed Challenges:

3 - Arrow - COMPLETED

Completed by: Dnd (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968273&postcount=27)

[SPOILER-BOX]Defeat a Rockbear on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapon, no units, not even a mag) or partner characters or class skills (i.e. Fury Stance or anything else) or PAs/techs.

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]Yes (Bonus Points for Bikini :-D)[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

5 - Sayara - COMPLETED

Completed by: Moocast (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968462&postcount=54)

[SPOILER-BOX]
5) survive (and beat the crap out of) dragon EX with knuckles

Completed? [Spoiler-box]Yes[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

For Teh LOLs

6[SPOILER]9 - Rock Eastwood

Collect 20 Japanese friends.

ALL FEMALE
(irl)

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]No[SPOILER]t Happening
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

⑨ - BIG OLAF
Make a thread on PSOW in the PSO2 sub-forum where any form of insulting/mud-slinging/argument/flamewar/'debate' doesn't start before page 5 (in standard forum pageview settings).

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]No[SPOILER]t happening cause of baka power[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

~Aya~
Apr 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
Basically, this is exactly what it says. A challenge thread.

Someone gives out a challenge and whomever does it first, wins the challenge(Not to say you can't do it regardless even if you're not first. You still completed it. lol).
Once the challenge is completed, someone can give out the next one until completed and then another after that and so on.

I know some of you are bored, so what the hell? May as well, right?
Also, if a challenge is far too hard for you, you all can just say "pass", I guess. Though, where would be the fun in that?

I'll go ahead and post one. Assuming this even goes anywhere.

Darker Den, solo, no damage.

Whoever can do this is the pso2god

Zyrusticae
Apr 28, 2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that sounds just about like the most impossible thing you can do in the game currently.

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I don't expect people to be able to do it, really. lol

I guess its one of those "If you do it, you win the thread" things. Even though I'm sure there's harder challenges to be made.
Its not impossible, just don't hold your breath.

Feel free to post another challenge if you must. Just set that as a side thing to do if you ever feel up to it. D:

Shirai
Apr 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
The heck, I thought this idea would be easy challenges then it'd get harder over time. xD

So about dat abduction...

Crysteon
Apr 28, 2013, 12:33 PM
Well...it's easy enough now to solo Den, but I'm not sure if a No Damage run will ever be possible. I cant imagine myself canceling the run because I got hit by Hunar at the end, rofl.

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 12:37 PM
Well...it's easy enough now to solo Den, but I'm not sure if a No Damage run will ever be possible. I cant imagine myself canceling the run because I got hit by Hunar at the end, rofl.
Then come up with another like I said. lol I don't expect anyone to actually do it without a good amount of luck and skill. Its just something to keep in mind if you ever feel like Dudu isn't enough for you or something.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah lol, its never been too hard to solo the den for me, but even a force has trouble not getting hit in it, so thats not gonna happen.

How bout solo vh falz arm in under 6 minutes? that sounds doable and challenging at the same time.

Jakosifer
Apr 28, 2013, 12:52 PM
Does water damage count
I have shitty eyesight so half the time I don't notice when I'm in or out of it.

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 12:56 PM
Does water damage count
I have shitty eyesight so half the time I don't notice when I'm in or out of it.I wanna say yes, but for melee, you'll have to get in the water at some point for certain kills. So no.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 01:10 PM
Challenge 1:
Defeat a Rockbear on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapon, no units, not even a mag) or partner characters or class skills (i.e. Fury Stance or anything else) or PAs/techs.

In other words: you, bear bare hands, dodge moves, and 2 monomates VS Rockbear.

Jakosifer
Apr 28, 2013, 01:13 PM
Cool, I'm melee only anyway. I do think the most realistic run though would be a no items/no healing/MAG 0% run, or rather that would be a nice way to practice for presented challenge.

DD Solo no damage would be pretty easy for Gu/Ra though, Aerial Shooting elevation spam + Bullet Squall on everything = Everything scrambling under you for a hit but failing as you headshot kill them out of harms way. Wouldnt be hitting any speed records though. Then there's Force...

I'll probly try NI/NH/0% at some point first, DD itself is no problem but the little hits you take here and there can ultimately get you fucked over.

Sayara
Apr 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Its more like
Challange: Get abducted.
FUCK.

I wanna see someone survive (and beat the crap out of) dragon EX with knuckles.

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 01:33 PM
Maybe I should set a list up on the first post so people know what has and hasn't been done?
Tingle edit: YEs.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 01:45 PM
Maybe I should set a list up on the first post so people know what has and hasn't been done?
Tingle edit: YEs.

Challenges in this format:
Challenge # - Challenger name
Challenge description/requirements

Completed? (Yes/No)[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

Challenges To Be Completed: UPDATED: 4/29 6:29 PM

1 - Resanoca
[SPOILER-BOX]Darker Den, solo, no damage

2 - Skyly HUmar

Challenge 3 - COMPLETED

4+5 - Sayara

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]Most likely some poor soul as we speak has just been abducted...
But not reported here in this thread.[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]
Challenge 5 - COMPLETED

7 - SakoHaruo
[Spoiler-box]Using any 7* weapon.. defeat all dual bosses (including Banther/Banshee) with mob.

- No red weapons
- No damage
- Very hard only

in order to get the mob and second boss to spawn you will need someone in your party and you also have to transport into the field together. after the bosses and mob spawn the other player must abort the quest or get killed. I recommend removing all armor and mag if they choose to stay in the party.

[/Spoiler-box]

8 - Arrow
[Spoiler-box]Clear Naberius TA within...20 or 45 minutes? (what would be realistically challenging? I don't know as I haven't done it yet) on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.

[/Spoiler-box]

10+11 - Arrow
[Spoiler-box]10) Defeat [s]Derp Bug Dark Ragne solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.

In other words: you, bare hands, dodge moves, and 10 monomates VS The Beatles Derp Bug Dark Ragne.

[/Spoiler-box]

[Spoiler-box]11) Defeat [s]Turbo Turtle Tank Zeshy-whateveritscalled solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else of the like) or PAs/techs.

In other words: you, bare hands, dodge moves, and 2 monomates VS Turbo Turtle Tank Zeshy-seriouslywhatisitcalled?.
[/Spoiler-box]

12 - Ce'Nedra
[spoiler-box]Gunslash melee only AQ rare Snow Kitties at lv60 lv3 infected. You are allowed to use class skills, but no PA (Techniques included for you FO/TE) or Gun mode.
Completed?
[/spoiler-box]

13 - Syklo
[spoiler-box]The Syklone Challenge (teehee)
Rules
-Solo any boss on very hard mode, using twin daggers WITHOUT LOSING TWIN DAGGER GEAR!
This means:
-Cannot take damage
========
-The challenge begins the moment damage is dealt to the enemy, so you can stay on the ground until then (even launch a PB)
-No partners after challenge starts, so kick your npc's before the PB hits if you plan to do that strategy
-Any class combination allowed, so techs are allowed, but since you need PA's, a FI is required.

Completed?
[spoiler-box]No[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

14 - Shadowth117
[spoiler-box]record a TA run with all party members, or oneself if solo, traveling between battles with a backwards triple dash.

Completed?
[/spoiler-box]

Completed Challenges:

3 - Arrow - COMPLETED

Completed by: Dnd (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968273&postcount=27)

[SPOILER-BOX]Defeat a Rockbear on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapon, no units, not even a mag) or partner characters or class skills (i.e. Fury Stance or anything else) or PAs/techs.

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]Yes (Bonus Points for Bikini :-D)[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

5 - Sayara - COMPLETED

Completed by: Moocast (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968462&postcount=54)

[SPOILER-BOX]

Completed? [Spoiler-box]Yes[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

For Teh LOLs

EMERGENCY CODE: Mission Impossible

ALL FEMALE
(irl)

Impossible~ no such thing.[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

⑨ - BIG OLAF
Make a thread on PSOW in the PSO2 sub-forum where any form of insulting/mud-slinging/argument/flamewar/'debate' doesn't start before page 5 (in standard forum pageview settings).

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]No[SPOILER]t happening cause of baka power[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 02:01 PM

ALL FEMALE

~Aya~
Apr 28, 2013, 02:03 PM

ALL FEMALE

Impossible~ no such thing.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 02:05 PM

ALL FEMALE

Not in-game females, I presume?
Otherwise that'd be easy.

Shadowth117
Apr 28, 2013, 02:06 PM
I would totally try the Den thing. I think its very doable. The biggest issue outside getting to Den, which is more frustrating than the run itself at times, would be minor projectiles such as the red turrets which would make doing this, especially as melee, but even ra or fo, pretty retarded. Zeshreida's projectiles with their homing are also difficult to avoid at times although this isn't a huge issue unless he's spinning. I'll try this though if I get abducted anytime soon on a class combo I like. Absolutely possible, not incredibly easy to do.

Edit: Ah, and before someone pulls the "LOLZ FO IS EASY BECAUSE BIG DODGE HURR" card, think about what you're suggesting before you make yourself look like an idiot. There's this thing called end lag, and the FO dodge has a LOT of that. Sure, most of the time at the moment it doesn't matter *yet* because enemies don't attack again soon enough most of the time. However in Den alone, there are so many things coming at you at once that even if you do dodge, if you're not careful you can still easily be forced into submission. Having tremendous amounts of enemies attacking can mess you up badly.

"But what about dodge canceli-" NO! Try it. You notice how you have to take non invincible frames to hop? And how as soon as you touch the floor you're pretty much vulnerable? And how you barely move with it? The beginning vulnerablity is a huge flaw with this technique. That's not even mentioning that many techs are position based and one needs to jump in order to use them effectively.

2 more difficulty jumps assuming ai speeds up as it has been and Fo dodge will outright suck for the reasons mentioned above.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 02:29 PM
Not in-game females, I presume?
Otherwise that'd be easy.

not in-game...

muahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahaHAHaahahAHAHhahaha!

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 02:31 PM
not in-game...

muahahahahAHAHAHAHAhahaHAHaahahAHAHhahaha!

Let's dub this one:
Mission Impossible
*puts on spy gear*
Let's do dis.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 02:44 PM
I would totally try the Den thing. I think its very doable. The biggest issue outside getting to Den, which is more frustrating than the run itself at times, would be minor projectiles such as the red turrets which would make doing this, especially as melee, but even ra or fo, pretty retarded. Zeshreida's projectiles with their homing are also difficult to avoid at times although this isn't a huge issue unless he's spinning. I'll try this though if I get abducted anytime soon on a class combo I like. Absolutely possible, not incredibly easy to do.

Edit: Ah, and before someone pulls the "LOLZ FO IS EASY BECAUSE BIG DODGE HURR" card, think about what you're suggesting before you make yourself look like an idiot. There's this thing called end lag, and the FO dodge has a LOT of that. Sure, most of the time at the moment it doesn't matter *yet* because enemies don't attack again soon enough most of the time. However in Den alone, there are so many things coming at you at once that even if you do dodge, if you're not careful you can still easily be forced into submission. Having tremendous amounts of enemies attacking can mess you up badly.

"But what about dodge canceli-" NO! Try it. You notice how you have to take non invincible frames to hop? And how as soon as you touch the floor you're pretty much vulnerable? And how you barely move with it? The beginning vulnerablity is a huge flaw with this technique. That's not even mentioning that many techs are position based and one needs to jump in order to use them effectively.

2 more difficulty jumps assuming ai speeds up as it has been and Fo dodge will outright suck for the reasons mentioned above.

Sniper nuke invincible class is easy.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 28, 2013, 02:49 PM
I can totally see some hardcore japanese pull this off tbh, as HU/FI or FI/HU.

~Aya~
Apr 28, 2013, 02:54 PM
I can totally see some hardcore japanese pull this off tbh, as HU/FI or FI/HU.

LOL...........

Yeah okay...

SakoHaruo
Apr 28, 2013, 02:56 PM
Using any 7* weapon.. defeat all dual bosses (including Banther/Banshee) with mob.

- No red weapons
- No damage
- Very hard only

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 03:42 PM
Using any 7* weapon.. defeat all dual bosses (including Banther/Banshee) with mob.

- No red weapons
- No damage
- Very hard only

Added to list (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968221&postcount=15)

Dnd
Apr 28, 2013, 03:50 PM
Challenge 1:
Defeat a Rockbear on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapon, no units, not even a mag) or partner characters or class skills (i.e. Fury Stance or anything else) or PAs/techs.

In other words: you, bear bare hands, dodge moves, and 2 monomates VS Rockbear.

Challenge completed?. Note: Firstly I would of recorded it but fraps doesn't work and i wasn't willing to waste 10 caps and 3 hours doing a forest AQ to punch a lv56 rockbear to death. In addition I don't have nor not willing to buy a blank skill-tree for HU/FI, the only class-skills I do have, however, are JA1/2 to 10/10 and low amount of points in hp/s-def/s-atk ups.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img585/9638/pso20130428212250008.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3131/pso20130428212252009.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/9203/pso20130428212253010.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/4434/pso20130428213229017.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/5103/pso20130428213807018.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/8044/pso20130428213950019.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Now, if you'll excuse me, my fists are rather bloody and require first-aid

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 03:57 PM
Challenge completed?. Note: Firstly I would of recorded it but fraps doesn't work and i wasn't willing to waste 10 caps and 3 hours doing a forest AQ to punch a lv56 rockbear to death. In addition I don't have nor not willing to buy a blank skill-tree for HU/FI, the only class-skills I do have, however, are JA1/2 to 10/10 and low amount of points in hp/s-def/s-atk ups.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img585/9638/pso20130428212250008.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3131/pso20130428212252009.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/9203/pso20130428212253010.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/4434/pso20130428213229017.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/5103/pso20130428213807018.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/8044/pso20130428213950019.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Now, if you'll excuse me, my fists are rather bloody and require first-aid

Well that's exactly (if not more literal with the bikini) as I intended. I was meaning no use of the "active" skills like war-cry or fury/guard stance when I meant no class skills.

So challenge completed indeed.

WARNING: New Challenge Approaching!
Challenge:
Clear Naberius TA within...20 or 45 minutes? (what would be realistically challenging? I don't know as I haven't done it yet) on the highest difficulty available to you solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 04:02 PM

Listen bud, youre the only one who thinks its hard to not take damage on the class with the most range and I-frames in a game where 95% of anything that can hurt you has to be in your face. I mentioned before that even forces would have a hard time doing it, but saying that your god teir invincibility dodge would make it harder, is just really dumb.

All im getting from you is that force gets really hard the second you have to do something that isnt basic game knowledge, and tbh, jumping and canceling is still more I frames than a 3 point step, so even if you dont move you're safer, and unless something is really far from you and you just want a fast dodge i dont see the point in doing it othe than to be flashy.

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2013, 04:09 PM
Here's a challenge: Make a thread on PSOW where any form of insulting/mud-slinging/argument/flamewar/'debate' doesn't start before page 5 (in standard forum pageview settings).

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 04:13 PM
Here's a challenge: Make a thread on PSOW where any form of insulting/mud-slinging/argument/flamewar/'debate' doesn't start before page 5 (in standard forum pageview settings).

You KNOW that's impossibl-

Oh wait I did make that cool shxt thread... is that even 5 pages...

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 04:13 PM

Shit thats a good one, but impossible.

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2013, 04:16 PM
Oh, waitwaitwait.

Here's a challenge: Make a thread on PSOW in the PSO2 sub-forum where any form of insulting/mud-slinging/argument/flamewar/'debate' doesn't start before page 5 (in standard forum pageview settings).

There we go. A bit of a 'HARD MODE'.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 04:21 PM
Oh, waitwaitwait.

Challenge ⑨ Added to list :D (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968221&postcount=15)

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 04:21 PM
Oh, waitwaitwait.

THAT ONE is impossible.

Dnd
Apr 28, 2013, 04:55 PM
Well that's exactly (if not more literal with the bikini) as I intended. I was meaning no use of the "active" skills like war-cry or fury/guard stance when I meant no class skills.

So challenge completed indeed.

Ah, cool, the bikini was what I Just had on at the time and couldn't be asked to swap haha.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
Ah, cool, the bikini was what I Just had on at the time and couldn't be asked to swap haha.

Well ya got (imaginary) bonus points for that.

In the meantime, I came up with an even more devilish challenge.

Challenge 10:
Defeat Derp Bug Dark Ragne solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else) or PAs/techs.

And for something easier.
Challenge 11:
Defeat Turbo Turtle Tank Zeshy-whateveritscalled solo w/ no equip (no weapons, no units, no mag) or partner characters or class active skills (i.e. Fury/guard Stance or warcry or anything else of the like) or PAs/techs.

The list has been updated ^^ (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968221&postcount=15)

I should try my own challenges to see how challenging they really are...

milranduil
Apr 28, 2013, 06:06 PM
Listen bud, youre the only one who thinks its hard to not take damage on the class with the most range and I-frames in a game where 95% of anything that can hurt you has to be in your face. I mentioned before that even forces would have a hard time doing it, but saying that your god teir invincibility dodge would make it harder, is just really dumb.

All im getting from you is that force gets really hard the second you have to do something that isnt basic game knowledge, and tbh, jumping and canceling is still more I frames than a 3 point step, so even if you dont move you're safer, and unless something is really far from you and you just want a fast dodge i dont see the point in doing it othe than to be flashy.

Actually, he's not really complaining about taking no damage specifically as FO. He's saying not taking damage in area 2 from planes would be really annoying with their effectively randomized red bullet spam regardless of class.

Additionally, he is most certainly in the right to complain about mirage... it effing blows as a dodge skill due to it's huge amount of recovery time at the end. Nearly all of my deaths nowadays are because of it Den, or not. I get abducted quite often and blow through area 1 with no problem, but miraging to avoid the 3rd wave of Dicahdas only to realize that missiles got launched at the same time and dying because of that 2 frame recovery time is one of the most retarded things about FO. Say whatever you want, but he is right.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 06:21 PM
Actually, he's not really complaining about taking no damage specifically as FO. He's saying not taking damage in area 2 from planes would be really annoying with their effectively randomized red bullet spam regardless of class.

Additionally, he is most certainly in the right to complain about mirage... it effing blows as a dodge skill due to it's huge amount of recovery time at the end. Nearly all of my deaths nowadays are because of it Den, or not. I get abducted quite often and blow through area 1 with no problem, but miraging to avoid the 3rd wave of Dicahdas only to realize that missiles got launched at the same time and dying because of that 2 frame recovery time is one of the most retarded things about FO. Say whatever you want, but he is right.

Could have fooled me.

And if you have trouble surviving with the godly dodge then I guess thats your problem ;/.

Shadowth117
Apr 28, 2013, 06:43 PM

Listen pal, I ain't your bud. Have you also noticed your end vulnerability state after a mirage escape is longer than hu dodge by far? Its like the end of the ra dodge, but somehow I doubt you have much playtime with that either in anytging serious. Right now, as I said, little takes advantage of that state in the game yet. Of course, the AQ banthers can certainly do so if one isn't careful due to their speed. When, not if, bosses get faster this will be a big problem. Of course if you ain't in a party its even more so because then you don't have the option to sit in back and snipe. Force played properly ends up as close range as techer was intended to be with its wand gear.

My main point was of course on the challenge mentioned. Adios put out good points, but if we're talking no damage period, than the silly turrets that spawn everywhere in addition to everything else are a huge issue, along with the mantis onslaught. Interestingly, those have this tendency to shoot so fast if you do fo dodge without cover you will very easily be hit by one upon trying to move at all in vulnerability frames, sometimes even with continuous dodging.

Is my class easy to play? Sadly very much yes. But do most players go for time attack level efficiency? No, they do not. Its like how someone could do something in a bit less than a half an hour and another, more skilled player played with a more efficient and/or difficult strategy and did same said task in a bit less than 20 minutes.

Sayara
Apr 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
Oh, waitwaitwait.

Knock it off `-`

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2013, 06:49 PM
KNOCK IT OFF, FOX `-`

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/rtGlYDVp7DA/mqdefault.jpg

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 07:38 PM
Listen pal, I ain't your bud. Have you also noticed your end vulnerability state after a mirage escape is longer than hu dodge by far? Its like the end of the ra dodge, but somehow I doubt you have much playtime with that either in anytging serious. Right now, as I said, little takes advantage of that state in the game yet. Of course, the AQ banthers can certainly do so if one isn't careful due to their speed. When, not if, bosses get faster this will be a big problem. Of course if you ain't in a party its even more so because then you don't have the option to sit in back and snipe. Force played properly ends up as close range as techer was intended to be with its wand gear.

My main point was of course on the challenge mentioned. Adios put out good points, but if we're talking no damage period, than the silly turrets that spawn everywhere in addition to everything else are a huge issue, along with the mantis onslaught. Interestingly, those have this tendency to shoot so fast if you do fo dodge without cover you will very easily be hit by one upon trying to move at all in vulnerability frames, sometimes even with continuous dodging.

Is my class easy to play? Sadly very much yes. But do most players go for time attack level efficiency? No, they do not. Its like how someone could do something in a bit less than a half an hour and another, more skilled player played with a more efficient and/or difficult strategy and did same said task in a bit less than 20 minutes.

You make very valid points, friend. I never played force much, i just got all the classes to the lv 40 cap on my own when that was the highest they could go. Its not like in those long 40 levels i noticed mirage dodge goes far enough for the vulnerable part of it not to matter, its not like even with half my usual damage output i could kill everything faster because i didnt have to chase after it, its not like i was never in danger... OH WAIT! And i know, walking sideways is so hard when youre alone.

I already stated that even a force would have a hard time dodging all the little things in the den before you even posted on the thread, why repeat what I said?

And yeah, but that kinda goes for everyone, minus the part about a class being easy.

EDIT: Oh and if youre having trouble with aq banther, you can dodge every one of their moves by walking sideways while charging a tech, exept for when they start jumping back and forth, you can avoid that one bu RUNNING sideways.

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 08:05 PM
If anyone happens to complete a challenge, throw some sort of flag for me to notice. If this by chance this actually survives, it'll become a pain in the ass to check every single post for it in all the arguing over this and that. D:

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 08:07 PM
Fair enough lol, ill try one or two on fridays, i dont really like recording on my computer because of shaders.

Shadowth117
Apr 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
You make very valid points, friend. I never played force much, i just got all the classes to the lv 40 cap on my own when that was the highest they could go. Its not like in those long 40 levels i noticed mirage dodge goes far enough for the vulnerable part of it not to matter, its not like even with half my usual damage output i could kill everything faster because i didnt have to chase after it, its not like i was never in danger... OH WAIT! And i know, walking sideways is so hard when youre alone.

I already stated that even a force would have a hard time dodging all the little things in the den before you even posted on the thread, why repeat what I said?

And yeah, but that kinda goes for everyone, minus the part about a class being easy.

EDIT: Oh and if youre having trouble with aq banther, you can dodge every one of their moves by walking sideways while charging a tech, exept for when they start jumping back and forth, you can avoid that one bu RUNNING sideways.

Because having to do precise tpsing is something a melee playe- actually they dont worry about that on a regular basis. Necessary to stay alive, it is not. Necessary to play force well, you better believe it. And killing things faster? Yeah, that's why fihu haster times on nab 2 and anctum ta's than force right? That's not even considering the other runs post fury buff.

And no danger? On melee classes you get hit more sure, but long moves and hyper armor on melee attacks enforce that melee is meant to tank some damage. See: overend. Melee isn't as worried about getting hit by most attacks because they know they can take it. Melee classes aren't he defenseless weaklings some of you make hem out to be.

Don't go acting like I have no idea what I'm talking about either. I'm well aware of how to deal with banthers. I thinkk most people are.

Edit: We could probably mark challenges with smilies etc.

jf2496
Apr 28, 2013, 08:27 PM
Oh here is an easier? one: Defeat transmizer hitless on very hard with no weapons equipped and no units(You can have a mag), however you may use stances.

Edited since a question was posed

supersonix9
Apr 28, 2013, 08:29 PM
Challenge # 2∫5 (x^2 + 2x - 4)dx:

Become fabulous.

Bellion
Apr 28, 2013, 08:31 PM
Oh here is one: Defeat transmizer hitless on very hard with no weapons equipped.

Units and stances are allowed?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 28, 2013, 08:50 PM
Because having to do precise tpsing is something a melee playe- actually they dont worry about that on a regular basis. Necessary to stay alive, it is not. Necessary to play force well, you better believe it. And killing things faster? Yeah, that's why fihu haster times on nab 2 and anctum ta's than force right? That's not even considering the other runs post fury buff.

And no danger? On melee classes you get hit more sure, but long moves and hyper armor on melee attacks enforce that melee is meant to tank some damage. See: overend. Melee isn't as worried about getting hit by most attacks because they know they can take it. Melee classes aren't he defenseless weaklings some of you make hem out to be.

Don't go acting like I have no idea what I'm talking about either. I'm well aware of how to deal with banthers. I thinkk most people are.

Edit: We could probably mark challenges with smilies etc.

Since when is TPSing not a part of what i call "basic game knowledge"? With a mouse its all too easy.

And last I checked, hyper armor wont keep you from dieing, just flinching, we can take a hit NOW, as in AFTER the fury buff, before we were much more frail than the average force, and ive said it many times before, melee isnt weak, just not very efficient.

Well you said avoiding banther was hard, i said how to make it easy without changing the easymode fo has to offer even in aq, the way you wrote it you made it sound like you had a problem with it so i dicided to include that bit.

Why are we arguing again? All i remember saying was that it's dumb to question the absolute safety of force. A fact like that shouldnt really be a reason to debate.

Arrow
Apr 28, 2013, 09:26 PM
Edit: Went ahead and added Arrow's layout. Thanks for saving me the work. xD
If any mod catches something I failed to add(Which I'm sure I will), please help. o: Looking at you, Tingle.

Challenges To Be Completed:

1 - Resanoca
Darker Den, solo, no damage

2 - Skyly HUmar

Challenge 3 -

4+5 - Sayara

Completed? [SPOILER-BOX]Most likely some poor soul as we speak has just been abducted...
But not reported here in this thread.[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]

Completed? [Spoiler-box]No[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

7 - SakoHaruo

- No red weapons
- No damage
- Very hard only

[/Spoiler-box]

8 - Arrow

[/Spoiler-box]

10+11 - Arrow

[/Spoiler-box]

[/Spoiler-box]

Completed Challenges:

3 - Arrow - COMPLETED

For Teh LOLs

ALL FEMALE
(irl)

[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/Spoiler-box]

⑨ - BIG OLAF

[/Spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

I live to serve~
Also might help to post the link to the indivdual post I had so I can keep at keeping updated meself.
Also I can pretty much go through most posts (I have no life like that) and sort out the challenges/challenge completions

@ everyone:
Oh and as for proof, screens work fine (though I can see how some would need record)

Finally: put challenge or challenge completed in size=4 and bold at least so it stands out kthx ^^

Resanoca
Apr 28, 2013, 10:19 PM
Added your post to the spoiler box.

Also, I'm considering a new den challenge. SOMETHING THAT MAKES IT WORSE(Depending on who it is).

DEN, QUAD, NO DAMAGE.
Makes it easier, just now that slightest fuck up is x4.

milranduil
Apr 28, 2013, 11:26 PM
Could have fooled me.

And if you have trouble surviving with the godly dodge then I guess thats your problem ;/.

I would like to note that the recovery time on this "godly dodge" cost me a solo Den run. The end of it allowed Hunar to stunlock me to death. Your "godly dodge" is not godly at all.

Moocast
Apr 29, 2013, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29CZINxFlc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Dragon EX has been punched into submission. Quite a bit of fun fighting him though, I kinda like this challenge thread. :D

Edit: Also, if we're allowed to submit challenges, I'd really like to see a full MPA coordinated to take down Falz Elder barehanded. Stances are fine w/e but no weapons allowed and therefore no weak bullet can be used. Frankly I'm not sure how much of a challenge it is but I think it'd be hilarious to watch xD

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 12:43 AM
I would like to note that the recovery time on this "godly dodge" cost me a solo Den run. The end of it allowed Hunar to stunlock me to death. Your "godly dodge" is not godly at all.

YOUR godly dodge lol, i dont play mage anymore. And that is unfortunate, sorry to hear you messed up at the end +^_^+.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 01:20 AM
YOUR godly dodge lol, i dont play mage anymore. And that is unfortunate, sorry to hear you messed up at the end +^_^+.

If I had HU/RA dodge at the time, I would have taken no damage is my point. And YOU are the one that incorrectly titled it "godly". Because it is not at all godly...

I'm sorry you can't listen to reason or use logic. It must be tough with that kind of mental block.

EDIT: Tell you what, why don't you go solo Den & Hunar as a FO and then you can show/tell me how trivial it is to use mirage during his phase 2. Until then, go bother someone else with your nonsense...

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 04:13 AM

Dragon EX has been punched into submission. Quite a bit of fun fighting him though, I kinda like this challenge thread. :D

Edit: Also, if we're allowed to submit challenges, I'd really like to see a full MPA coordinated to take down Falz Elder barehanded. Stances are fine w/e but no weapons allowed and therefore no weak bullet can be used. Frankly I'm not sure how much of a challenge it is but I think it'd be hilarious to watch xD

SONOVA GUN YOU BEAT ME TO IT LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well still wanna post mine but you won it fair and square~

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMazxcPcsyg&feature=youtube_gdata

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 04:42 AM
Gunslash melee only AQ rare Snow Kitties at lv60 lv3 infected. You are allowed to use class skills, but no PA (Techniques included for you FO/TE) or Gun mode.

I know this will take a while to get spawned but I'd like to see someone pull this off for the lulz.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 05:01 AM
Gunslash melee only AQ rare Snow Kitties at lv60 lv3 infected. You are allowed to use class skills, but no PA (Techniques included for you FO/TE) or Gun mode.

I know this will take a while to get spawned but I'd like to see someone pull this off for the lulz.

Yall are some evil sumbishes LOL<3

Sayara
Apr 29, 2013, 05:49 AM
OUTSTANDING KNUCKLE PERFORMANCES

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 05:53 AM
Yall are some evil sumbishes LOL<3

Well it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise :D

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 06:25 AM
If I had HU/RA dodge at the time, I would have taken no damage is my point. And YOU are the one that incorrectly titled it "godly". Because it is not at all godly...

I'm sorry you can't listen to reason or use logic. It must be tough with that kind of mental block.

EDIT: Tell you what, why don't you go solo Den & Hunar as a FO and then you can show/tell me how trivial it is to use mirage during his phase 2. Until then, go bother someone else with your nonsense...

Im glad to hear youre a great hu/fi keep up the good work.

I am reasoning, you just dont get my point: You failed because you messed up, if you dont use mirage dodge in the wrong direction, or if you dont have the reflexes of a dead cat, mirage dodgge should go far enough for you to shake off that half second recovery, dont blame your tools for your failure, you only have yourself to blame. I mean hell, if the dodge didnt have some recovery at the end you may have lived, but ultimately its your fault for fucking up in the end.

And ill pass. I wont bore myself spamming TA as LOLFO just to bore myself to death in the den for a bit. If i wanna do something like that id rather just sit in my room and watch the western theme paint dry.

jooozek
Apr 29, 2013, 07:10 AM
hunter and fighter are for scrubs who cant learn how to godly dodge with godly dodge

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 07:11 AM
Im glad to hear youre a great hu/fi keep up the good work.

I am reasoning, you just dont get my point: You failed because you messed up, if you dont use mirage dodge in the wrong direction, or if you dont have the reflexes of a dead cat, mirage dodgge should go far enough for you to shake off that half second recovery, dont blame your tools for your failure, you only have yourself to blame. I mean hell, if the dodge didnt have some recovery at the end you may have lived, but ultimately its your fault for fucking up in the end.

And ill pass. I wont bore myself spamming TA as LOLFO just to bore myself to death in the den for a bit. If i wanna do something like that id rather just sit in my room and watch the western theme paint dry.

News flash: Hunar doesn't suck his thumb while I mirage away from him. He follows me. Fast. That is kind of what he does during phase 2, or maybe you don't know? Your statement pinpoints exactly what I'm talking about. "mirage dodgge should go far enough for you to shake off that half second recovery" That right there proves your ignorance. All you're doing is theorycrafting right now and let me tell you something. It's wrong. You lack the experience to say anything on the matter, so why don't you run along now :3

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 07:12 AM
I see Olaf's challenge will never be completed /o/

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 07:14 AM
Okay on-topic: I challenge Skyly Humar to PROVE how godly, godly dodge is. Do whatever you need to show how godly it is!

Syklo
Apr 29, 2013, 07:50 AM
Ok.
I call this,
The Syklone Challenge (teehee)
Rules
This means:
-Cannot take damage
========

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 07:54 AM
Now that sounds like a nice challenge, I wonder how one will fly around from the side cannons upwards to the main part of vardha with daggers. I really would like to see someone do that.

Resanoca
Apr 29, 2013, 08:00 AM
Ok.
I call this,
Rules
This means:
-Cannot take damage
========

Bonus points if you can accomplish that on Big Vardha.Any boss, but Rockbear, right? xD

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 08:05 AM
Should still be doable on Vol Dragon at least.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:37 AM
Not if Vol burrows into the ground then you will lose Twin dagger gear.

Bellion
Apr 29, 2013, 08:40 AM
Keep attacking in the air and parry when he comes back up.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 09:05 AM
Keep attacking in the air and parry when he comes back up.

Basically this. Gunners do it too with mechs, so why not daggers? There is already a video of a gunner doing a full aerial Vol Dragon.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 09:14 AM
There is also the occasion when Vol jumps back all the time only way possible to pull off a all aerial with daggers you need to have Vol in the corner constantly.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 29, 2013, 09:33 AM
There is always a "what if" situation. That's the challenge, dealing with whatever happens. It shouldn't be easy to clear.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 10:15 AM
Ofc we know that but aren't we were basically point out the hard things about it derp?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 10:22 AM
News flash: Hunar doesn't suck his thumb while I mirage away from him. He follows me. Fast. That is kind of what he does during phase 2, or maybe you don't know? Your statement pinpoints exactly what I'm talking about. "mirage dodgge should go far enough for you to shake off that half second recovery" That right there proves your ignorance. All you're doing is theorycrafting right now and let me tell you something. It's wrong. You lack the experience to say anything on the matter, so why don't you run along now :3

Ever try dodging through him? Its very easy. Dont post about how it works if you don't know how to use it.

Okay on-topic: I challenge Skyly Humar to PROVE how godly, godly dodge is. Do whatever you need to show how godly it is!

And very well, if you really want to get put in your place that badly, I accept your challenge, but im not spamming TA with the most boring class to do it, so lets meet half way on this one.

You said hunar stun locked you after a mirage dodge, so how bout this, Ill take my fo out of retirement temporarely and solo the eq one the next time it's on, its the same level as the den one and there are more adds arround.

If you are ok with these terms ill be happy to oblige.

Thats as far as im willing to go though, im not gonna go out of my way to prove a point that anyone who has touched the class and knows how to press 2 buttons can tell you.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hannibal bro just let em talk remember HU/FI is loled at upon the face of FO/TE. We all know the sheer amount of SKILL and tedious work it takes to play HU/FI lol.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hannibal bro just let em talk remember HU/FI is loled at upon the face of FO/TE. We all know the sheer amount of SKILL and tedious work it takes to play HU/FI lol.

Normally I would, but it kinda irks me how theyre basically saying mirage dodge is bad. Well actually, dex could probably show it better than me, but i doubt hed stoop to that level lol, kinda wonder why im doing so myself tbh.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 11:09 AM

Fi/Hu
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20718511
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20718708

Fo/Te (Recorded first day, 7 hrs after server up and staying up all night for reference)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HxxrMCzvo

Fastest current solos of this mission. Mine could be faster yes (and yes it is the fastest right now, I was hoping I could post someone else's video to be honest), but the length of the fi vid should tell you right away how much faster they are at it. There's a similar correlation with this and Naberius II which I can also post if you like. Coincidentally, both of these TA's are focused almost purely on killing. And so I can't help but doubt your claims, I'm sorry.

Edit: @Skyly: You need to stop making yourself look stupid. You admitted already you have little experience with the class in high tier situations and yet you insist on talking as if you have any idea how that goes. Something I should point out is that when Adios is soloing, he's not being a bitch and sitting back safe because he can. He's probably playing force the right way and going in rather close range for most attacks. Sure you can sit back with a talis and take 5 years to do things, or you can actually get stuff done. In any class you can take forever to do something and not worry about damage much.

Fo is naturally going to have a bit easier of a time not getting hit in general because it does use ranged attacks, but that has literally nothing to do with its dodge.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
The thing isnt power, weve always had plenty of that and then some. Force is alot less engaging than hunter, it can take anything out before any melee man gets close to it (unless its a boss). And alone, it takes alot more to constantly dodge and block ontop of attacking than constantly attacking from far away.

Hell, dex is the best force i know, even though i do almost twice as much as him per hit i can barely get a hit in with him arround. You dont have to keep bringing up the power, weve always known were alot stronger than you.

What bugs me is that you and sayonara keep saying mirage dodge is bad when you barely have to use it and when you do it does it's job: getting you away from whats attacking you safely.

And yes i never worried about close up much with fo, cuz no matter what, i knew whatever i was attacking would die, and stand very little chance at hitting me, and no matter what, id still do decent damage concidering the 2 finger effort i was putting into it.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 11:24 AM
And yes i never worried about close up much with fo, cuz no matter what, i knew whatever i was attacking would die, and stand very little chance at hitting me, and no matter what, id still do decent damage concidering the 2 finger effort i was putting into it.

You make very valid points, friend. I never played force much, i just got all the classes to the lv 40 cap on my own when that was the highest they could go.

You yourself admitted you haven't even done VH as force a while back, and if you have than very little. You've already destroyed any of your own credibility in this matter.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 11:27 AM
You seem to forget they did dumb down the ai in hard and normal quite a bit, the difficulty in vh isnt very different from the old days, and if you want i could do fi/fo, have completely gimped shit damage and still prove my point that ok let me bold this MIRAGE DODGE ISNT BAD AND YOURE JUST MAKING EXCUSES FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS USING IT.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 11:32 AM
You seem to forget they did dumb down the ai in hard and normal quite a bit, the difficulty in vh isnt very different from the old days, and if you want i could do fi/fo, have completely gimped shit damage and still prove my point that ok let me bold this MIRAGE DODGE ISNT BAD AND YOURE JUST MAKING EXCUSES FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS USING IT.

Someone's getting angry? Can you really not disprove me in any real way? And shortcomings? lol.

The fact that those videos I posted are the shortest solos of that TA right now should tell you something. I ain't one to toot my own horn because no matter what it makes me look like a jerk, but I do know very well how to play force in this game. It makes me sad to argue about its shortcomings with someone who has openly admitted they don't play it really.

Edit: It might be good if a mod could cut out this silly argument. It was pretty dumb on my part to aggravate the situation, regardless of the truth of it.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 11:34 AM
Im not really angry, just surprised that someone who claims to be so great at force thinks it sucks, and how someone as inexpeerienced at it like me knows how good the invincibility button as i call it is for safety, getting distance, and healing all your hp back in 1 second while moving. Remind me why you think mirage is bad?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mirage escape is broken as hell. How can you possibly say it's bad and say you're a good fo? you know you can shorten the duration by hopping and instantly using your ME right? I actually makes you blink for a half second if not less and instantly go into a charge so there are 0 recovery frames after the ME. You can ME cancel charges or to cancel your casting recovery too. ME is easily the most busted dodge in the game.

Actually you can mirage while Hunar is hitting you if you screw up. Hannibal is right though, only a noob dodges backwards when staring down a raging bull. You should probably play a bit more before you comment and expose yourself even further.

SakoHaruo
Apr 29, 2013, 11:57 AM

SONOVA GUN YOU BEAT ME TO IT LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well still wanna post mine but you won it fair and square~

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMazxcPcsyg&feature=youtube_gdata

FFFFFFFFFF I was too slow D:

well damn you two didn't even give me a chance to put my gloves on lol. I swear Sega needs to add nom nom. no creature with a mouth that big should let small insects punch it in the face multiple times. I want to see it nom nom a character sooooooo bad. gahh dammit sega!!!!

anyway very nice punching from the both of you

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
Im not really angry, just surprised that someone who claims to be so great at force, and how someone as inexpeerienced at it like me knows how good the invincibility button as i call it is for safety, getting distance, and healing all your hp back in 1 second while moving. Remind me why you think mirage is bad?

You wouldn't know, would you? You just said why. I never claimed to have any issues executing it for general purpose. When one is dealing with the issue however of numerous swiftly stringed attacks, this becomes a big problem. This isn't an issue so far in most missions because you're running in a party and thus spreading enemy attention and the enemies, as I've said aren't quite fast enough to take full advantage of it yet.

In some missions, because of the numerous things coming at you at once, such as in darker's den, this is a problem. Its entirely possible to dodge a mantis only for 3 more to attack near the end of it and combo one to death. Keep in mind that for techs, you cannot dodge during the casting animation similar to how you can't dodge immediately out of certain photon arts. There is also no step attack to smooth out the transition between dodges to more dodges/attacks nor a way to jump and dodge again before it should be possible again normally as with the hunter dodge. Nor is there the lack of knockback that melee users inherently have with their higher defenses.

And as I said, the AQ banthers start to show how faster bosses can really pose problems for this. If one wants to stay in front of them to attack the face, it would be standard practice to attempt dodging around in front of it. Yet if one dodges normally with the mirage escape, which you seem to be mislabeling as mirage dodge for some reason, the creature is often attacking so fast that its able to swipe the player in the end. If they are alone, being stunned by them in this way can lead to a lock to death.

I don't have problems using the mechanic anymore than anyone else. But to ignore its shortcomings in comparison to the melee equivalent is nonsense.

@Sociable: I already pointed out the issue with that before. You *have* to hop which leaves you vulnerable and you also have to be on the ground which isn't something you always are on Force. Its also clearly more difficult to execute. Skilled or not, anyone can make a mistake and adding conditions clearly makes it harder. The window for doing it is very short.

You are somewhat right with the HUnar thing however.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 12:12 PM
You wouldn't know, would you? You just said why. I never claimed to have any issues executing it for general purpose. When one is dealing with the issue however of numerous swiftly stringed attacks, this becomes a big problem. This isn't an issue so far in most missions because you're running in a party and thus spreading enemy attention and the enemies, as I've said aren't quite fast enough to take full advantage of it yet.

In some missions, because of the numerous things coming at you at once, such as in darker's den, this is a problem. Its entirely possible to dodge a mantis only for 3 more to attack near the end of it and combo one to death. Keep in mind that for techs, you cannot dodge during the casting animation similar to how you can't dodge immediately out of certain photon arts. There is also no step attack to smooth out the transition between dodges to more dodges/attacks nor a way to jump and dodge again before it should be possible again normally as with the hunter dodge. Nor is there the lack of knockback that melee users inherently have with their higher defenses.

And as I said, the AQ banthers start to show how faster bosses can really pose problems for this. If one wants to stay in front of them to attack the face, it would be standard practice to attempt dodging around in front of it. Yet if one dodges normally with the mirage escape, which you seem to be mislabeling as mirage dodge for some reason, the creature is often attacking so fast that its able to swipe the player in the end. If they are alone, being stunned by them in this way can lead to a lock to death.

I don't have problems using the mechanic anymore than anyone else. But to ignore its shortcomings in comparison to the melee equivalent is nonsense.

@Sociable: I already pointed out the issue with that before. You *have* to hop which leaves you vulnerable and you also have to be on the ground which isn't something you always are on Force. Its also clearly more difficult to execute. Skilled or not, anyone can make a mistake and adding conditions clearly makes it harder. The window for doing it is very short.

You are somewhat right with the HUnar thing however.

actually the hopping thing is almost instant. I find myself actually having to wait a bit because I get a bit eager at times and do it too soon rather than too late. we're talking about fractions of a second here. In fact in a second's time you can do 5 MEs in this fashion if you're coordinated enough.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 12:15 PM
Shadow, there is only one shortcoming with mirage, if you do it wrong (like with anything else) its not gonna work. Thats what Im getting at. Mirage itself is the best dodge in the game, and saying its bad is just silly.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 12:26 PM
actually the hopping thing is almost instant. I find myself actually having to wait a bit because I get a bit eager at times and do it too soon rather than too late. we're talking about fractions of a second here. In fact in a second's time you can do 5 MEs in this fashion if you're coordinated enough.

Fractions of a second? Yes it is. As are a lot of things, including the invincible portion of the dodge. It doesn't make you any less vulnerable during that time. And no, there is no way you're getting even 2 of those in a full second on flat ground. If there is, I'd really like to see how you circumvent the time you take to hit the ground. Sure, you can do it on a slant, but even if you do do that most of your time at that point is spent vulnerable because your constantly jumping and landing which are in fact vulnerable states.

@Skyly: You could say that for literally anything. I'm here pointing out clear flaws with it which you're trying to brush off with a single sentence.

Your only argument now is that Force dodge is bad because you think it is which is a half step above saying "because" as your argument for why its good.

Midori Oku
Apr 29, 2013, 12:34 PM
My challenge is................................................ ..........find a Psycho Wand.

This does not include anyone who already has one, if there is anyone. This challenge mostly applies to Shadowth117. :3

EvilMag
Apr 29, 2013, 01:28 PM
Psycho Wand is a myth.

Arrow
Apr 29, 2013, 01:40 PM
My challenge is................................................ ..........find a Psycho Wand.

This does not include anyone who already has one, if there is anyone. This challenge mostly applies to Shadowth117. :3

Does that include finding it in player shops?
Hypothetically-asifthatwouldhappen-speaking of course

Sayara
Apr 29, 2013, 01:54 PM
11 stars can't be sold anyway at the time :3

BlankM
Apr 29, 2013, 02:16 PM
On the topic of dodges, even though there are mistakes shown here:

http://nicotter.net/watch/sm19960341
(http://nicotter.net/watch/sm19960341)
It is possible to consistently mirage cancel, against banther at that. I find it not so much about being fast but having the rhythm/timing down more then anything.

However, mirage cancel doesn't fix all of FO dodges shortcomings. You won't always be on flat terrain. More i-frames isn't always everything either, and the length of i-frames can be cut short depending on your timing. Which means you could be landing straight into a meaty attack without a chance to jump and dodge again.

I would take Hu/Fi dodge any day. The timing isn't that strict to dodge attacks and the versatility you get from being able to jump out of it and dodge again or immediately counterattack is more preferable then a dodge thats slow, has variable i-frames, and requires certain conditions to make safe.(Flat terrain, being on the ground, canceling your charge animations)

So far the only advantage is that its invincible longer, which is irrelevant when you know basic patterns. It works well for what it is though.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mirage escape is broken as hell. How can you possibly say it's bad and say you're a good fo? you know you can shorten the duration by hopping and instantly using your ME right? I actually makes you blink for a half second if not less and instantly go into a charge so there are 0 recovery frames after the ME. You can ME cancel charges or to cancel your casting recovery too. ME is easily the most busted dodge in the game.

Actually you can mirage while Hunar is hitting you if you screw up. Hannibal is right though, only a noob dodges backwards when staring down a raging bull. You should probably play a bit more before you comment and expose yourself even further.
You are only partially correct. I mirage all the time if I take damage from Hunar, but only if it hasn't caused multiple flinches. You cannot mirage in any situation where you've taken damage that caused you to flinch. This is also why you can't mirage after more than 2 missiles have hit you in DD along with more than 3 crystals from Quartz. It's called stun lock for a reason. You can button mash all you want, but if the flinch animations overlap by even 1 frame, you either die or wait for the last flinch animation to finish before you can do anything including jump, cast, or mirage.

I'm not sure why you're trying to insult, but maybe you should think before you speak. Hunar's AI during phase 2 is reasonably adaptive. When you move behind him, he turns around almost instantly. So which would you prefer: a little extra distance at ~45 degree angle away from him, or be at the same distance on the opposite side wherein you will end up taking damage sooner rather than later?

I should note the following: I'm not saying ME doesn't have extremely good uses. It does. Being able to basically move through certain enemies, avoid Falz/Windra/Quartz lasers, Caterdran(sa) tail sweeps, etc. However, these are pros, and like all things, it has cons and in this case serious ones when dealing with swift AI that can cause flinch. A prime example where mirage DOES work are (Pre)dicahdas. Their attacks, despite doing half a health bar to FOs, does not flinch. They usually do 2 attacks in quick succession, but if you take one and ME fast enough, you'll only take damage from one. However, most swift AI aren't like that...

I really shouldn't have to explain this, but almost instant =/= instant when talking in terms of discretized frames. Almost instant means >1 frames meaning possibility of flinch if you are in danger.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 04:30 PM
Yes it has shortcomings but guess what, so does everything else, and unless you concider the gu flip a dodge instead of a weapon shift (i concider it a dodge actually), its the best in the game by a large margin. If you use it properly you wont have any problems of major consequence, period.

Im tired of repeating those 2 lines so im gonna drop it there.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 04:31 PM
Repeating the same flawed logic doesn't make it right. Another thing I shouldn't have to explain....

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 04:32 PM
no it doesnt, but me saying a fact over and over doesnt make it wrong.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 04:39 PM
Classifying a subjective statement as fact is by definition NOT a fact.

jooozek
Apr 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
here is a fact: ME is such a retarded evasive action that using it on uneven terrain might get you killed :blush::blush::blush:

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
Look bud i dont care anymore, if you want to say the best defensive tool in your defensive arsenal is shit, go for it, the only person that really thinks so is you. And guess what, it doesnt affect me in the slightest, so i can keep playing the game my way, and you can keep sucking your way.

EDIT: this comment @ Sayonara

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2013, 04:42 PM
11 stars can't be sold anyway at the time :3

Exactly, and considering the Psycho Wand is a 12*, that makes it even impossibler!

Also, no, my challenge will have no winner. Just lookit them go.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 04:44 PM
Look bud i dont care anymore, if you want to say the best defensive tool in your defensive arsenal is shit, go for it, the only person that really thinks so is you. And guess what, it doesnt affect me in the slightest, so i can keep playing the game my way, and you can keep sucking your way.

EDIT: this comment @ Sayonara

Except I'm not the only one who thinks it has problems, friend. Can you seriously not pay attention? lol

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 04:48 PM
they can join the club then, ignorance is bliss and the more the marier, good sayings.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 04:54 PM
no it doesnt, but me saying a fact over and over doesnt make it wrong.

Yeah, I think we're done here. You can't seem to do any more than repeat your opinion without giving any supporting evidence.

~*Challenge*~
On topic, I challenge someone to record a TA run with all party members, or oneself if solo, traveling between battles with a backwards triple dash.
~*Challenge*~

Arrow
Apr 29, 2013, 04:57 PM
...I think you guys are arguing over both sides of the same coin called "Mirage Escape's pros and cons"

Everything has pros and cons
Nothing is foolproof (this shall remain true until we stop manufacturing squirrel-proof birdfeeders)
Lets end the arguement at that and bring this thread back into challenges of gameplay

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I think we're done here. You can't seem to do any more than repeat your opinion without giving any supporting evidence.

~*Challenge*~
On topic, I challenge someone to record a TA run with all party members, or oneself if solo, traveling between battles with a backwards triple dash.
~*Challenge*~

Oh dont you worry bud, ill still do what I said, ill record myself vs hunar. It would be a little two faced to just say something without reason wouldnt it? Truth is that I do have a reason and ill show you next time the eq rolls arround on ship 10.

And yes i agree with the above, ill try this challenge out.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 05:01 PM
Oh dont you worry bud, ill still do what I said, ill record myself vs hunar. It would be a little two faced to just say something without reason wouldnt it? Truth is that I do have a reason and ill show you next time the eq rolls arround on ship 10.

And yes i agree with the above, ill try this challenge out.

Not gonna lie, even if you record that it doesn't prove your point. I've soloed him numerous times, not horrifically difficult, but if you want to actually do it you can.

As far as the challenge goes, its not horrifically difficult I know, but I'd still find it funny to watch.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 05:06 PM
We all know nothing is difficult for a force, the challenge was and i quote "prove mirage dodge is godly", so im just going to record me not taking a hit from hunar for 5 minutes using nothing but mirage to avoid hits.

If i were gonna just kill him id run away and tps rafoi at him from a distance where the AI doesnt even attack from.

~Aya~
Apr 29, 2013, 05:10 PM
Not gonna lie, even if you record that it doesn't prove your point. I've soloed him numerous times, not horrifically difficult, but if you want to actually do it you can.

As far as the challenge goes, its not horrifically difficult I know, but I'd still find it funny to watch.

Lol... /uses assault buster. Gg.

If you see any sudden jumps or skips in my video then im positive that I didn't die.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 05:15 PM
We all know nothing is difficult for a force, the challenge was and i quote "prove mirage dodge is godly", so im just going to record me not taking a hit from hunar for 5 minutes using nothing but mirage to avoid hits.

If i were gonna just kill him id run away and tps rafoi at him from a distance where the AI doesnt even attack from.

Except that still proves nothing... the whole idea is to show that mirage is godly BY using it during combat. Not just miraging in circles.....

Arrow
Apr 29, 2013, 05:17 PM
Lol... /uses assault buster. Gg.

If you see any sudden jumps or skips in my video then im positive that I didn't die.

Hey cutting out key frames is my trick o3o
....I mean-uh...Nope I don't cut out frames~ they just happen to...disappear.
I BLAME LAG! *scurries off*

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 05:19 PM
Except that still proves nothing... the whole idea is to show that mirage is godly BY using it during combat. Not just miraging in circles.....

Same thing, your argument was that if you use it you could get stun locked. You even mentioned some hog wash about uneven terain so city will do good. And as I said combat is stay far enough to where he doesnt attack and go tps so i wouldnt even be able to mirage in that case.

And besides, 5 min is enough for hunar to throw everything at me right? If your theory holds ill get hit at some point, and if it really holds ill never be able to succeed.

~Aya~
Apr 29, 2013, 05:19 PM
Hey cutting out key frames is my trick o3o
....I mean-uh...Nope I don't cut out frames~ they just happen to...disappear.
I BLAME LAG! *scurries off*

If ya didn't see it then it didn't happen. 8D

@people having civilized arguement-

I used to ME, then sega banned me cause, sega. You're both right.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 05:32 PM
If ya didn't see it then it didn't happen. 8D

@people having civilized arguement-

I used to ME, then sega banned me cause, sega. You're both right.

Really? Thats unfortunate bud, actually someone on my team got banned too for no aparent reason. I guess sega will be sega lol.

milranduil
Apr 29, 2013, 05:49 PM
Same thing, your argument was that if you use it you could get stun locked. You even mentioned some hog wash about uneven terain so city will do good. And as I said combat is stay far enough to where he doesnt attack and go tps so i wouldnt even be able to mirage in that case.

And besides, 5 min is enough for hunar to throw everything at me right? If your theory holds ill get hit at some point, and if it really holds ill never be able to succeed.

If you want to be a little baby and rafoie from a distance go ahead. Or you could be a man and actually try to fight him directly which was the whole point of me talking about mirage in the first place.

I haven't said a single thing about uneven terrain. You really aren't paying attention are you?

To play FO efficiently, you don't sit at max range and spam rafoie. That's what you do at low levels when you have no idea what you're doing.... you get in the thick of it and kill mobs using Zondeel and Megid/Safoie/Rafoie/etc. If you sit at max range, what use is mirage if you never draw aggro.... do you see the flaw in your logic yet?

Bellion
Apr 29, 2013, 05:55 PM
Make sure to at least weaken Hunar, though. A few bosses get more aggressive when they are weaker.

I've got nothing to add about ME. May as well repeat this, though: it's good but has its flaws.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 06:54 PM
If you want to be a little baby and rafoie from a distance go ahead. Or you could be a man and actually try to fight him directly which was the whole point of me talking about mirage in the first place.

I haven't said a single thing about uneven terrain. You really aren't paying attention are you?

To play FO efficiently, you don't sit at max range and spam rafoie. That's what you do at low levels when you have no idea what you're doing.... you get in the thick of it and kill mobs using Zondeel and Megid/Safoie/Rafoie/etc. If you sit at max range, what use is mirage if you never draw aggro.... do you see the flaw in your logic yet?

Hey, thats why I main HU lol, the king of close up, I dont wanna hear that froma fo.

And if it wasnt you it was someone else but someone mentioned something about it a page back or two.

And who cares about effeciency as long as you do what you are out to do? If youre in a party agro will bellong to the hunter, and if there isnt one more casting for me, in a mpa you cast zonde twice and the other 11 forces/gunners take the rest, and solo it gets you everywhere, whats wrong with that?

@ Bellion: Thats the plan, im gonna hit him to his little super sayan power up then start recording.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
And who cares about effeciency as long as you do what you are out to do? If youre in a party agro will bellong to the hunter, in a mpa you cast zonde twice and the other 11 forces/gunners take the rest, and solo it gets you everywhere, whats wrong with that?

Efficiency => Faster play => More exp/drops => More rares/money

Makes sense to me. Especially so in EQ's where there is a limited time. Could do 4 minute hands battles with a crap party during falz eq or you could do 40 second average battles and get far more experience. Not to mention if you're fighting say HUnar, you'll also get far more chances at good drops.

I would label the above under common sense, but maybe its not?

Edit: Also, you've clearly never heard of Safoie, any Gi tech ever, or really a lot of the positional based techniques.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 07:19 PM
Efficiency => Faster play => More exp/drops => More rares/money

Makes sense to me. Especially so in EQ's where there is a limited time. Could do 4 minute hands battles with a crap party during falz eq or you could do 40 second average battles and get far more experience. Not to mention if you're fighting say HUnar, you'll also get far more chances at good drops.

I would label the above under common sense, but maybe its not?

Edit: Also, you've clearly never heard of Safoie, any Gi tech ever, or really a lot of the positional based techniques.

You play your way and ill play mine. And im not lol, im just gonna record what im gonna record and i dont plan on touching the class ever again unless i need to for future classes.

Dextro
Apr 29, 2013, 07:27 PM
Oh boy...let's try and clear this up =[

Yes, Mirage Escape is - in terms of survivability - better than Step Dodge, Dive Roll and even GU's Shift Flip - that's pretty much a fact.

In terms of utility however, it's a fair compromise between absolute safety + distance at the expense of a prolonged pause in DPS and of course an 'end lag' - a pretty prominent weakness that leaves us vulnerable for a brief moment after ME, which (let's be honest) barely anything in the current stage of the game exploits against us.

LOLDISCLAIMER: As Mr.kittybackpack already stated, this is subject to change in the future, and examples of such things that currently capitalise on the ME recovery have already been cited. Yadayadayadaa~
Also, if you just scoffed or rolled your eyes when I said it's a 'fair compromise', I already know the reply you're thinking of making. Don't do it.

In the context of the actual thread, I think what Hannibal implied is that even with the advantage of a 'godly dodge', and being able to deal damage at a distance, FO will have trouble not getting hit for the entire DD.

What Shadowth117 then said (in context of the thread!) is that it's silly to assume that Mirage Escape is a perfect dodge. It's end lag leaves the user vulnerable to unavoidable things such as perfectly-timed turret fire or escaping a ship's bombing run only to get hit by a Predicahda or Cyclo wrecking ball on the very frame that you recover.

Umm that said, a video dodging Falz Hunar for 5 mins won't really accomplish anything, but if you do decide to go ahead with it, PLEASE make sure to speed it up and use this song :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=giVhLypWBqI#t=23s)
Oh, and one of the best ways to damage Hunar involves Ragrants and means you won't be 10,000ft away! Good Luck.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 07:37 PM

LMFAO did you just say only ppl at low lvls use Rafoie?

You better go hollah at Tomia or Minvera they want a word you hell they even use Foie and Safoie for the lolz.

I've seen and been in parties with these oped azz FO's and they drop mobs with Rafoie I understand you might hate it but heyyy to each there own I suppose.

Wanna play FO/TE in the best way efficiently? Buy separate skill trees and max each element to suit each world and enemies that's how ya play FO/TE efficiently cause there is no way you can get the MOST outta of it if you split the points.

Dunno about some FO around or in here but you are not supposed to be nowhere near the enemy. It amazes me how some FO/TE's take the wand and start smacking with it to get there pp back,and not use a gun slash and simply shoot way quicker and ofc you have TE's pp restore rate skill as well.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 07:46 PM
Oh boy...let's try and clear this up =[

Yes, Mirage Escape is - in terms of survivability - better than Step Dodge, Dive Roll and even GU's Shift Flip - that's pretty much a fact.

In terms of utility however, it's a fair compromise between absolute safety + distance at the expense of a prolonged pause in DPS and of course an 'end lag' - a pretty prominent weakness that leaves us vulnerable for a brief moment after ME, which (let's be honest) barely anything in the current stage of the game exploits against us.

LOLDISCLAIMER: As Mr.kittybackpack already stated, this is subject to change in the future, and examples of such things that currently capitalise on the ME recovery have already been cited. Yadayadayadaa~
Also, if you just scoffed or rolled your eyes when I said it's a 'fair compromise', I already know the reply you're thinking of making. Don't do it.

In the context of the actual thread, I think what Hannibal implied is that even with the advantage of a 'godly dodge', and being able to deal damage at a distance, FO will have trouble not getting hit for the entire DD.

What Shadowth117 then said (in context of the thread!) is that it's silly to assume that Mirage Escape is a perfect dodge. It's end lag leaves the user vulnerable to unavoidable things such as perfectly-timed turret fire or escaping a ship's bombing run only to get hit by a Predicahda or Cyclo wrecking ball on the very frame that you recover.

Umm that said, a video dodging Falz Hunar for 5 mins won't really accomplish anything, but if you do decide to go ahead with it, PLEASE make sure to speed it up and use this song :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=giVhLypWBqI#t=23s)
Oh, and one of the best ways to damage Hunar involves Ragrants and means you won't be 10,000ft away! Good Luck.

well you heard it from the master now lol. And yes i plan to go through with it since its technically a challenge and this is a challenge thread. Not too good at editing so i promise nothing, but ill try.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 07:51 PM
LMFAO did you just say only ppl at low lvls use Rafoie?

You better go hollah at Tomia or Minvera they want a word you hell they even use Foie and Safoie for the lolz.

I've seen and been in parties with these oped azz FO's and they drop mobs with Rafoie I understand you might hate it but heyyy to each there own I suppose.

Wanna play FO/TE in the best way efficiently? Buy separate skill trees and max each element to suit each world and enemies that's how ya play FO/TE efficiently cause there is no way you can get the MOST outta of it if you split the points.

Dunno about some FO around or in here but you are not supposed to be nowhere near the enemy. It amazes me how some FO/TE's take the wand and start smacking with it to get there pp back,and not use a gun slash and simply shoot way quicker and ofc you have TE's pp restore rate skill as well.

Way to misinterpret what he said. There's a time and place for rafoie of course, but doing nothing but sitting as far back as possible and spamming in lieu of better offense methods is stupid.

And nowhere near the enemy? Well shit...
http://youtu.be/x9HxxrMCzvo?t=1m49s
http://youtu.be/y0_jIzjrhuA?t=3m2s

I guess both of us are doing it wrong.

Bellion
Apr 29, 2013, 07:54 PM
Minvera they want a word you hell they even use Foie and Safoie for the lolz.

I only use Rafoie when it's the better choice, not when I can use something else that'll work better. Really, you shouldn't just stay back and cast Rafoie over and over. That's just lazy and not doing well compared to other FOs that use different techs in different situations.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 07:56 PM
Way to misinterpret what he said. There's a time and place for rafoie of course, but doing nothing but sitting as far back as possible and spamming in lieu of better offense methods is stupid.

And nowhere near the enemy? Well shit...
http://youtu.be/x9HxxrMCzvo?t=1m49s
http://youtu.be/y0_jIzjrhuA?t=3m2s

I guess both of us are doing it wrong.

Yep you always prove me right always playing your way I keep forgetting that. Your stupidity knows no bounds.

My claims stands and that is exactly why you took hits as an FO you're not RQ to be a badazz and be all up close wanna play that way?

Go for it your style of play,but in a matter of playing your clas the RIGHT WAY stay back cast your spells be safe.

Yeah if it's anyone taking and miss-interpreting it's you guy and it never fails GG.

Yeah you're def doing it wrong DON'T GET HIT NEXT TIME SHEESH!

Also Minever and Tomia would have killed that Fattie guy on the first drop same can be said of the other bosses.

Be quicker darn you!

Btw Rafoie has graze damage if aligned correctly you do use tps mode right?

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
I only use Rafoie when it's the better choice, not when I can use something else that'll work better. Really, you shouldn't just stay back and cast Rafoie over and over. That's just lazy and not doing well compared to other FOs that use different techs in different situations.

Missed what i said only time you would indeed use zondeel and I see is when you're AQ or groups of mobs works really good there. BUT when not needed use something else ofc this comes along with common sense.

Would you use zondeel on 1 or 2 enemies?

~Aya~
Apr 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
Would both of you just agree to disagree and be frands? ^~^

Dextro
Apr 29, 2013, 08:03 PM
Would you use zondeel on 1 or 2 enemies?
Yes, an uncharged one ;)

Resanoca
Apr 29, 2013, 08:04 PM
I don't see the point in arguing. Neither of you will agree to other. Why don't you just do something that would give you both the same playing ground and whomever comes out first wins or whatever it may be.

I don't really see any other way to end this. lol

If you already said this, then stop arguing and just do it already.

Arrow
Apr 29, 2013, 08:07 PM
Would both of you just agree to disagree and be frands? ^~^

Seeing that made me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXIQQ8PeRs

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:10 PM
Well i can man up and call a truce, but the opinions are brick wall vs brick wall so i agree to disagree ;p.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:12 PM
Yes, an uncharged one ;)

DAMMU DEXTROOOOOOOO CURSE YOUUUU !!

*THROWS FIST*

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:13 PM
DAMMU DEXTROOOOOOOO CURSE YOUUUU !!

*THROWS FIST*

inb4 *mirage escape*

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:14 PM
inb4 *mirage escape*

Damn that FO trickery HU/FI needs some kinda flash step move though I like the dash step we have for it. I hope we get that with the new class LOL.

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 08:16 PM
Damn that FO trickery HU/FI needs some kinda flash step move though I like the dash step we have for it. I hope we get that with the new class LOL.
Wait for the recovery and use Raging waltz pikachu

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:17 PM
Wait for the recovery and use Raging waltz pikachu

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr OVER END BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Though I might just use my good ol Sonic arrow 3x's combo<3.

~Aya~
Apr 29, 2013, 08:18 PM
See.. this is what im talking about.. fun and joking around. ♥♥

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 08:18 PM
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr OVER END BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Noes you need to juggle the dude. That way he can't OS you for a few seconds.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:25 PM

You know aya... idk why but when i read your posts im reminded of rika from higurashi.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:27 PM
Noes you need to juggle the dude. That way he can't OS you for a few seconds.

Ohh that's easy step atk+rising slash juggle from there.

Trust me it's possible lol done it on clones.

@Sky I had that same thinking.

EvilMag
Apr 29, 2013, 08:28 PM
Someone do VH TAs...with 1* weapons only. No +10 and no Power/Shoot/Tech III + Soul.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:29 PM
Someone do VH TAs...with 1* weapons only. No +10 and no Power/Shoot/Tech III + Soul.

When you say (TA'S) you must mean all?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:29 PM

@Sky I had that same thinking.

my favorite is rising step>rising edge>slash>nova strike> slash> over end. Thats one dead clone.

And lol cant wait for teh new season of higurashi. lets hope no moe this time.

EvilMag
Apr 29, 2013, 08:30 PM
When you say (TA'S) you must mean all?

Sure thing.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:31 PM
my favorite is rising step>rising edge>slash>nova strike> slash> over end. Thats one dead clone.

And lol cant wait for teh new season of higurashi. lets hope no moe this time.

lol actually I've taking the time to do some solo runs and playing around with the pa setup's and found some sick as combos but I would need more pp to make it worth a damn.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:31 PM
Sure thing.

All VH TA ehh? Heh seems noice not bad....

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:33 PM
lol actually I've taking the time to do some solo runs and playing around with the pa setup's and found some sick as combos but I would need more pp to make it worth a damn.

Im able to pull that one with 106 pp but it is a complete drain.

~Aya~
Apr 29, 2013, 08:33 PM
I do die a lot... hm.. Rika? Maturity can sometimes be rare for it to occur.. atleast for me... rather be fun and smiley and .. yeah! /claps - pachi pachi!

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 08:39 PM

Ultra pvp talk: step attack to rising slash isn't a viable approach tool. As a suicide tool though, it works.

Also if anybody wants to bet against the fact that at day one of pvp's existence on this game, people will start crying about daggers, well you're on.
If pvp's a thing ever that is.
Imma home in on you from 30 meters then get a free five seconds juggle if I hit, or repeat and still get a free five seconds juggle because you'll be recovering from your dodge.

What was this topic about again?(^_^')

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:42 PM

Poeple posting some unreasonable challenges and a couple reasonable ones, and i propose we remove as much rng as possible from the challenges btw, you know rare lv3 boost cats and tht kind of stuff.

Mag's challenge is pretty good though, id take a while, but it isnt unreasonable.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 08:43 PM
Ultra pvp talk: step attack to rising slash isn't a viable approach tool. As a suicide tool though, it works.

Also if anybody wants to bet against the fact that at day one of pvp's existence on this game, people will start crying about daggers, well you're on.
Imma home in on you from 30 meters then get a free five seconds juggle if I hit, or repeat and still get a free five seconds juggle because you'll be recovering from your dodge.

Sazonde + any lightning. GG with that shock. Razan would be fun too with its launching ability. Grants would stun lock with multiple people using it. Overall... FO has many, many ways to be very cheap if that ever becomes a thing.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:45 PM
Sazonde + any lightning. GG with that shock. Razan would be fun too with its launching ability. Grants would stun lock with multiple people using it. Overall... FO has many, many ways to be very cheap if that ever becomes a thing.

Actually im wondering about grantz, it follows enemies very well but i notice when clones use it you can dodge and it wont follow you, you think thatll change in pvp?

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2013, 08:46 PM

Everything in moderation. Pages and pages of 'joking around' is just as bad as pages of arguing.

Here's a fun challenge. Kill Zeshrayda without breaking any of his parts (arms, knees, cannons). No Gunslashes.

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 08:46 PM
Good luck hitting with Sazonde. Otherwise yes force would be broken as hell too, no doubt:D
Though... isn't raging waltz granting super armor?

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 08:47 PM
Actually im wondering about grantz, it follows enemies very well but i notice when clones use it you can dodge and it wont follow you, you think thatll change in pvp?

If you've watched them, the AI's tps their moves. They don't lock on. Hard to say if that would be like that in pvp or not.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 08:50 PM
Did not know that part lol, makes sense.

And thats a nice challenge olaf, but i think id be all too easy with a gunslash so how bout giving it a time limit?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 08:55 PM
Yep you always prove me right always playing your way I keep forgetting that. Your stupidity knows no bounds.

My claims stands and that is exactly why you took hits as an FO you're not RQ to be a badazz and be all up close wanna play that way?

Go for it your style of play,but in a matter of playing your clas the RIGHT WAY stay back cast your spells be safe.

Yeah if it's anyone taking and miss-interpreting it's you guy and it never fails GG.

Yeah you're def doing it wrong DON'T GET HIT NEXT TIME SHEESH!

Also Minever and Tomia would have killed that Fattie guy on the first drop same can be said of the other bosses.

Be quicker darn you!

Btw Rafoie has graze damage if aligned correctly you do use tps mode right?

I think you're confusing Foie with Rafoie. Foie is the giant fireball that travels in a line and is often the prefered fire tech to be used at a distance because it hits hard and can hit every enemy down a fairly wide line.

Rafoie is the fireblast that appears ontop of the enemy instantly and has a small AoE. It ignores walls and the like too making it easy to kite around obstacles such as rocks and buildings while using it. It also has near unlimited range. This is the lowest damaging fire tech but is also the easiest to use. It's best used in places where you have fast moving single targets or in places where foie just won't reach. Safoie and Foie are typically the BnB fire techs though.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 08:57 PM

I bet against it and I've done and got away with it as dunce as he clones on this game is. I can easily pull that off as I've lauched 4 clones in the air kept one juggled with other PA's and ended it with an over end.

REAL PVP TALK? Lets go Raging waltz+Quick March then orcehstra and you can maintain air combo on them from there and NOT LET EM TOUCH THE GROUND.

Keep em coming.....

Also I would JG the hell out of your raging waltz Nullify the hell outta you then retaliate GG.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2013, 08:57 PM
And thats a nice challenge olaf, but i think id be all too easy with a gunslash so how bout giving it a time limit?

Or, I could just do this-

Here's a fun challenge. Kill Zeshrayda without breaking any of his parts (arms, knees, cannons). No Gunslashes

;o

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 08:59 PM
When zesh falls his cannons break though. is that instant DQ?

@Zenobia: did you see my foie vs rafoie post?

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
I think you're confusing Foie with Rafoie. Foie is the giant fireball that travels in a line and is often the prefered fire tech to be used at a distance because it hits hard and can hit every enemy down a fairly wide line.

Rafoie is the fireblast that appears ontop of the enemy instantly and has a small AoE. It ignores walls and the like too making it easy to kite around obstacles such as rocks and buildings while using it. It also has near unlimited range. This is the lowest damaging fire tech but is also the easiest to use. It's best used in places where you have fast moving single targets or in places where foie just won't reach. Safoie and Foie are typically the BnB fire techs though.

Yeah I did mix em up at deh end LOL nice piggy back doh mah bad~.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 09:02 PM
Or, I could just do this-

;o

that works lol

BIG OLAF

You'll just have to find a way around that! That's why it's a 'challenge'!

unless there is no way around that, in which case never mind dsfdrdesggsgju

Zenobia

@Zenobia: did you see my foie vs rafoie post?

Wait I though Zeshy was only prone to falling if you broke his leg pieces and the kept hitting him to topple him?

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2013, 09:03 PM
Everything in moderation. Pages and pages of 'joking around' is just as bad as pages of arguing.

Here's a fun challenge. Kill Zeshrayda without breaking any of his parts (arms, knees, cannons). No Gunslashes.

http://youtu.be/Wj7iFsjiHhg?t=12m19s

But I'm assuming that's not exactly what you had in mind lol.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 29, 2013, 09:03 PM
You'll just have to find a way around that! That's why it's a 'challenge'!

unless there is no way around that, in which case never mind dsfdrdesggsgju

You can just hit nothing but face with partisan and daggers.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 09:04 PM
Well the way around it would be not to make him fall >_>

Fo just locks onto the head and uses grants all day. when zesh pokes his head out you stop attacking til he starts spinning. GG?

Wait I though Zeshy was only prone to falling if you broke his leg pieces and the kept hitting him to topple him?

Nah, zesh also does this thing where if you hit his head enough he turtles and ducks his head into his shell. after a bit he pokes his head back out and if you hit his head while he does this he freaks out and falls to his back, just like if you broke his legs.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 09:12 PM
Well the way around it would be not to make him fall >_>

Fo just locks onto the head and uses grants all day. when zesh pokes his head out you stop attacking til he starts spinning. GG?

Nah, zesh also does this thing where if you hit his head enough he turtles and ducks his head into his shell. after a bit he pokes his head back out and if you hit his head while he does this he freaks out and falls to his back, just like if you broke his legs.

OH that? I know about that I literally thought there was some other way he would fall on his back if not under those 2 conditions.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 09:32 PM
Nah, I just wanted to make sure that olaf meant they couldn't break at all(as a function of the fight, as opposed to deliberate or accidental breaking).

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 09:53 PM
I bet against it and I've done and got away with it as dunce as he clones on this game is. I can easily pull that off as I've lauched 4 clones in the air kept one juggled with other PA's and ended it with an over end.

REAL PVP TALK? Lets go Raging waltz+Quick March then orcehstra and you can maintain air combo on them from there and NOT LET EM TOUCH THE GROUND.

Keep em coming.....

Also I would JG the hell out of your raging waltz Nullify the hell outta you then retaliate GG.
You know, I have used rising edge thousands of times. I am vaguely aware of this PA's worth; against an actual player, this approach(that I use litteraly ALL THE TIME)would probably be far too slow and very lacking in range.
Also, didn't think about JG(wasn't really refering to fighting a melee, in case that didn't show)! That's another thing that would probably make pvp(especially melee vs melee) incredibly dull. You can be invincible. The problem? You can't move. Yaaayz.

Also, does anybody know wether or not raging waltz actually has super armor frames? I'm not sure really...

About Olaf's challenge, well, don't hit the head at all either. Done.

Zenobia
Apr 29, 2013, 11:03 PM
You know, I have used rising edge thousands of times. I am vaguely aware of this PA's worth; against an actual player, this approach(that I use litteraly ALL THE TIME)would probably be far too slow and very lacking in range.
Also, didn't think about JG(wasn't really refering to fighting a melee, in case that didn't show)! That's another thing that would probably make pvp(especially melee vs melee) incredibly dull. You can be invincible. The problem? You can't move. Yaaayz.

Also, does anybody know wether or not raging waltz actually has super armor frames? I'm not sure really...

About Olaf's challenge, well, don't hit the head at all either. Done.

Ya know if you wanna know if raging waltz has super or stoic w/e you wanna call it you should go fight DragonEX or rockbear or Zeshy really.

Use ragin waltz during one of there atk animations should give you your answer.

Also to your rising slash comment it's a matter of quick execution during the step atk.

You may not get it ,but meeh.

Cyclon
Apr 29, 2013, 11:38 PM
Ya know if you wanna know if raging waltz has super or stoic w/e you wanna call it you should go fight DragonEX or rockbear or Zeshy really.

Use ragin waltz during one of there atk animations should give you your answer.

Also to your rising slash comment it's a matter of quick execution during the step atk.

You may not get it ,but meeh.
I won't convince you now will I?:)
Anyway, off to testing myself then. Just wanted to make sure I had to.

Edit: Okay so yup, super armor frames the very moment you start flying towards the target until the very end of the PA, plus invincibility frames at the moment the attack connects like most dagger abilities. Nothing at the very beginning though.

Syklo
Apr 30, 2013, 02:41 AM
Ok.
I call this,
Rules
This means:
-Cannot take damage
========

Any boss, but Rockbear, right? xD
Boss does not mean Miniboss.
So no.

Sayara
Apr 30, 2013, 01:46 PM

Victorious victory sir Moocast!
King of the fists! (For season 1) tis your prize [spoiler-box]http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1f23be1eaa1467e8f31f9d8c229f1f0/tumblr_mm303ryOwg1qe41x3o1_500.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zenobia
Apr 30, 2013, 04:09 PM
Ohh I totally have one so here I go.

DragonEX Double Saber only do not dodge out of his atks and parry them your gear is allowed as well as monomates.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BREAK HITS ARM PARTS ONLY HIS FACE!<3

Arrow
Apr 30, 2013, 04:25 PM
Ohh I totally have one so here I go.

DragonEX Double Saber only do not dodge out of his atks and parry them your gear is allowed as well as monomates.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BREAK HITS ARM PARTS ONLY HIS FACE!<3

Let's see if I understand

No dodge move of anykind?

Zenobia
Apr 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
Let's see if I understand

No dodge move of anykind?

You can dodge to get close to him meaning when he is to far away but when he atks you cannot dodge to not get hit instead parry his atks.

Jakosifer
Apr 30, 2013, 04:31 PM
The only Double Saber action that is a "Parry" is Acro Effect. Or did you mean Twin Daggers?

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2013, 04:33 PM
The only Double Saber action that is a "Parry" is Acro Effect.

Oh, didn't know that, thanks. I've done the parry with Acro Effect many times, and I was led to believe that every double-saber PA had it, haha. Explains why I get slapped most times when I try to do it.

Zenobia
Apr 30, 2013, 05:28 PM
The only Double Saber action that is a "Parry" is Acro Effect. Or did you mean Twin Daggers?

double sabers so yes indeed acro effect is your only way of victory<3

Surprised not many new about acro effects parry quirks lol

Kinujou
Apr 30, 2013, 10:13 PM
Kinujou Challenge 1:

Take 3 NPCs (one must be Herro (Player ID:Herro)) through a run of the latest three map explorations (Floating Continent, Ruins, or Santrum Exploration). All three NPCs must survive the entire trip. Rank does not matter.

Kinujou Challenge 2:

Take Herro, the actual player, through one full run of VH time attacks or three Advance Quests (any three in order (one A mission, one B, and then one C). Must S rank Time attacks and must kill all possible monsters in AQ. Herro must survive the entire trip.

SakoHaruo
May 1, 2013, 02:52 PM
I think these two are much better than my first.

Sako Knuckle Challenge #1

using Knuckles, defeat Banther bros or DragEx.

- very hard
- all movement must be done in the air
- after you leave the ground you must remain in the air for at least 8 seconds

- you can only attack while in the air
- you can only dodge attacks while in the air

GROUND OPTIONS

- NO GROUND MOVEMENT!
- you can use heal items

Sako Force Challenge #1

As a Force, defeat banther bros or DragEx with melee attacks

rules

- Rods only
- very hard
- no techs/PAs
- no breaking side parts on DragEx
- no damage

Ce'Nedra
May 1, 2013, 03:42 PM
New Challenge: Get me abducted AND cloned.

Wonder who will manage that, consider I never really TA my odds to even get abducted are next to 0.

Shadowth117
May 1, 2013, 04:08 PM
Challenge:
Beat Big Vardha/King Vardha on VH with a melee class under 5 minutes without breaking any parts other than the main cannon and no damage.

Time limit is in place to prevent one from being a bitch with cheap tactics. You're gonna be dancing a bit for this one.

Dextro
May 1, 2013, 07:06 PM
::The Ultimate Dark Falz Challenge::

Defeat Dark Falz Elder in a party of any size.
- You must damage him using only the Space Tuna.
- No PAs allowed.

Zenobia
May 1, 2013, 07:08 PM
::The Ultimate Dark Falz Challenge::

Defeat Dark Falz Elder in a party of any size.
- You must damage him using only the Space Tuna.
- No PAs allowed.

PFFFT DEXTRO WHY??

HAH EVEN BETTER.

Beat Dark Falz Bare handed party of 4 all players are barehanded ofc no techs either huehuehue<3

Dextro
May 1, 2013, 07:15 PM
PFFFT DEXTRO WHY??

HAH EVEN BETTER.

Beat Dark Falz Bare handed party of 4 all players are barehanded ofc no techs either huehuehue<3

You'd run out of time, i'm trying to at least make it possible lol

Zenobia
May 1, 2013, 07:17 PM
You'd run out of time, i'm trying to at least make it possible lol

NEVER YOU MUST BE EVIL D<

And thats the point that is what makes it impossible bwahahahahaha.

Btw I tink Dark falz will eat there tunas D:

Dextro
May 1, 2013, 11:02 PM
Btw I tink Dark falz will eat there tunas D:
Falz Finger food? ;-)

Zenobia
May 1, 2013, 11:15 PM
Falz Finger food? ;-)

It'll be his new dish besides loli's I guess<3

Eternal255
May 2, 2013, 05:24 PM
Darkers den solo no damage? im assuming video is needed of this?

i could totally do that, but getting to darkers den is annoying.

--it might take a couple tries, but im sure i can do it (assuming im paying attention and avoid the damn waters)

Sayara
May 8, 2013, 06:07 AM
For an actual doable challenge...

Just Guard Slaughter 1
Using only just guard (no mag, weapon attack, techs) defeat a Catadrans (or Catadransa) on Very Hard difficulty.

Syklo
May 8, 2013, 06:11 AM
For an actual doable challenge...

Just Guard Slaughter 1
Using only just guard (no mag, weapon attack, techs) defeat a Catadrans (or Catadransa) on Very Hard difficulty.
Easy!
-Grabs NPC partners to inflict poison-

...well you never said solo only :P

Sayara
May 8, 2013, 11:06 AM
Figured it was assumed :p