PDA

View Full Version : As an up and coming Gu/Ra I have one annoyance

DreamState83
Apr 28, 2013, 08:44 PM
Let me use weak bullet with twin mechs equipped >.< >.<

Ugh I don't know why this annoys me so much.

The Walrus
Apr 28, 2013, 08:48 PM
It's an Assault Rifle skill...

It takes like what...30 seconds to switch, shoot then switch back?

plasism
Apr 28, 2013, 08:50 PM
6 secs average actually.

DreamState83
Apr 28, 2013, 08:54 PM
I know! It's so easy and absolutely nothing to change my equipment to use - but for some reason this still annoys the hell out of me!

KazukiQZ
Apr 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
I know! It's so easy and absolutely nothing to change my equipment to use - but for some reason this still annoys the hell out of me!
It takes one weapon slot away just to use weak bullet....seems annoying >_<

Ueno54
Apr 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
Annoyed me to the point of going Gu/Hu. Losing that precious Gunner dodge is horrible in busy boss fights.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 28, 2013, 09:08 PM
lmfao what? Gu/hu is all sorts of crazy. you get almost the same damage bonus by subbing Ra and then 3x damage ontop of that from WB.

TMGs are just ok and you really feel like only being able to equip 5 of them instead of 6 is some glaring flaw? I hate saying stuff like this, but seriously

LEARN TO PLAY.

The Walrus
Apr 28, 2013, 09:08 PM
6 secs average actually.

Welp. Goes to show I haven't player Gu/Ra in a while...

blace
Apr 28, 2013, 09:27 PM
I must be doing something wrong, because I only use 2-3 weapon slots for TMGs and enjoy using the rifle every so often.

gravityvx
Apr 28, 2013, 09:42 PM
I feel like I'm the only gunner that uses my rifle & my damn mechs for damage...

DreamState83
Apr 28, 2013, 09:42 PM
I feel like I'm the only gunner that uses my rifle & my damn mechs for damage...

It may annoy me, but I've been doing it and I'll continue doing it until I get high enough to give Gu/Hu a go!

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 28, 2013, 09:50 PM
Don't go Gu/Hu...just don't

Ra gives gunner almost the exact same damage bonuses that Hu would but you also get WB for an additional 3x damage.

the main reason Ra/Hu works so well is gunner is a god awful sub that does NOTHING for Ra damage. So Ra/Hu suddenly gets a good damage bonus PLUS WB. Gu/Hu would get only slightly better general damage but lose WB. would would you want to lose out on consistent 2x damage and occasional 6x damage in place of consistent 2x damage?

Seriously, Gu/Hu is just a s sad attempt by gunners to make up for the busted-ness of Ra/Hu, but all you're really doing is gimping your damage potential so you can be lazy.

Xaeris
Apr 28, 2013, 09:53 PM
lmfao what? Gu/hu is all sorts of crazy. you get almost the same damage bonus by subbing Ra and then 3x damage ontop of that from WB.

TMGs are just ok and you really feel like only being able to equip 5 of them instead of 6 is some glaring flaw? I hate saying stuff like this, but seriously

LEARN TO PLAY.

/HU's multipliers are comparable to /RA's when placed side by side, but in practice, /HU is going to get considerably more uptime from its multipliers than /RA will since Standing Snipe is particular about when it works. I don't think it's worth losing Weak Bullet and Killing Bonus over, but I can see the appeal to someone who doesn't like rifles or TPS mode.

DreamState83
Apr 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Don't go Gu/Hu...just don't

Ra gives gunner almost the exact same damage bonuses that Hu would but you also get WB for an additional 3x damage.

the main reason Ra/Hu works so well is gunner is a god awful sub that does NOTHING for Ra damage. So Ra/Hu suddenly gets a good damage bonus PLUS WB. Gu/Hu would get only slightly better general damage but lose WB. would would you want to lose out on consistent 2x damage and occasional 6x damage in place of consistent 2x damage?

Seriously, Gu/Hu is just a s sad attempt by gunners to make up for the busted-ness of Ra/Hu, but all you're really doing is gimping your damage potential so you can be lazy.

Thanks for the insight, SociableTyrannosaur. I probably should have qualified this beforehand, but my intent is to try out just about every main/sub combo for awhile. Since my first character did the HU/everything I'm giving the GU/everything a go.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 28, 2013, 10:07 PM
/HU's multipliers are comparable to /RA's when placed side by side, but in practice, /HU is going to get considerably more uptime from its multipliers than /RA will since Standing Snipe is particular about when it works. I don't think it's worth losing Weak Bullet and Killing Bonus over, but I can see the appeal to someone who doesn't like rifles or TPS mode.

This is why I said lazy. even a 1.56 damage bonus + WB is better than 2x damage but if a Gu is planning on never using rifles and never aiming for weakpoints and just spamming TMGs with no purpose or intent, then yeah Hu is a better sub.

HIT0SHI
Apr 29, 2013, 06:36 AM
Wow, there are people that have 6x mechguns on their pallets? That's pretty lame.

DreamState83
Apr 29, 2013, 07:53 AM
Wow, there are people that have 6x mechguns on their pallets? That's pretty lame.

I couldn't fathom having that many. There are only a couple PAs I even like D:

D-Inferno
Apr 29, 2013, 08:06 AM
GU/RA is meh, only really good at killing bosses fast, and even RA/HU beats GU/RA out in boss killing in many instances (don't know exactly, but I know RA/HU kills a few things faster).

Mechguns are cool, but Gunner is an awful class. It suffers heavily from the whole "FI/GU/TE are split off parts of HU/RA/FO". While FI is good, and FO/TE at least has it's advantages over FO/FI, GU/RA pales in comparison to RA/HU.

SEGA really should have added a CO unlock for Knux/TD/DS/TMG/Wands for HU/RA/FO, or have them at the start of the games launch instead of holding them back (along with the rest of this game's content). But nope, I guess SEGA wanted to make AC off of complex Skill Tree builds instead.

Bellion
Apr 29, 2013, 08:20 AM
Ra/Hu>Gu/Ra in these boss situations: Vol, Quartz, EX, Chrome, Snow Pair, Fang Pair, and minibosses if there are more than one.

Gu/Ra>Ra/Hu in these boss situations: Minibosses alone, Big Vardha, Dark Ragne, Zeshreida, and DF Hunar.