PDA

View Full Version : gameplay thread for casual players

thematesV2
May 1, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hey dudes/ladies/casts/newms (I don't know, i'm trying to be casual...)

anyhow, I've been on since beta, and have logged ~100 hrs give or take, but usually only play 1-2 times a month. (Personally, I'm loving the free to play mode, as I don't feel awful about only playing 2 times a month. unlike PSU/PSOBB, where my hours would be costly)

anyhow, I was wondering if there are many other PSO-world people who saunter through the game, not paying any attention to the win-by-perfect-stat-tree-and-weapon-combo culture.

and if so, what kind of stuff do you like to do? i'm currently mostly just run around in whatever party i can find, and have just installed the chat window translator, to great success. (I can finally understand what everyone else is saying!!!!)

that is all.

Vintasticvin
May 1, 2013, 09:28 AM
I kinda giggle at how ultra serious people this game like calling someone a scrub just for having 1 of the 3 Vol units set pieces equipped. Me I just play the game "unspecialized" and just went a lil into the fire tree for charge regen.

Fijiwater
May 1, 2013, 09:31 AM
Dafuq there's a chat window translator now?
I've been living under a rock for the past few months.

DreamState83
May 1, 2013, 09:53 AM
although i do research stats and plan out my character, this game isn't anywhere near hard enough for me to be ocd about it.

HIT0SHI
May 1, 2013, 09:58 AM
and if so, what kind of stuff do you like to do? i'm currently mostly just run around in whatever party i can find, and have just installed the chat window translator, to great success. (I can finally understand what everyone else is saying!!!!)

that is all.

Window Translator? What is that?

On Topic:
I play mostly for fun, joining almost any party on B20 and Time Attack every so often to get meseta for new content. As for EQ (mostly Falz Elder) I go to B9 - 11 then back to B20 for some silly runs again.

martinmeegan
May 1, 2013, 10:06 AM
What? You play to enjoy yourself and not because you want to be the best? Blasphemy!!!;-)

jooozek
May 1, 2013, 10:17 AM
hope you are using the romaji transliterations and not the google translation; google tl produces ineligible bullshit

Vintasticvin
May 1, 2013, 10:30 AM
What? You play to enjoy yourself and not because you want to be the best? Blasphemy!!!;-)

Lol mlg is thataway!

gravityvx
May 1, 2013, 10:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkcnUy3l-c

HIT0SHI
May 1, 2013, 10:42 AM
Pokemon - I Wanna be the very best Sub English by CODSoundTracksHD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkcnUy3l-c)

I see what you did there xD

Daemyn
May 1, 2013, 11:07 AM
I tend to be somewhere in a middle ground in this :/ but I normally prefer testing character builds rather then maxing all everything and never looking back afterwards.

When the US version comes I will probably rush like a deranged cat on espresso.

Until I can find a stat/mag/class setup I like and feel efficient enough with I will continue to play at varying paces.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 11:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOO! My inner elitist is not pleased with this topic! How dare you sir!? You should know what happens when you anger your king! *points at noose*

I kinda giggle at how ultra serious people this game like calling someone a scrub just for having 1 of the 3 Vol units set pieces equipped. Me I just play the game "unspecialized" and just went a lil into the fire tree for charge regen.

Really people still do that? What a bunch of dicks lol. Id call myself more of a hardcore player but to me it doesnt matter what gear someone has or how often they play. Long as they enjoy the game its all good right?

Although ill admit it irks me a bit when you add someone and they only come on like once a month ;p.

Agitated_AT
May 1, 2013, 11:40 AM
I play this game casually, not because I want to, but because i'm not required or encouraged to put any more effort than that.

Xaelouse
May 1, 2013, 12:03 PM
I play this game casually, not because I want to, but because i'm not required or encouraged to put any more effort than that.

yeah this game needs more ball-grabbing. Damn Japan sure has changed over the years

Nikoshae
May 1, 2013, 12:06 PM
I don't have the time to play 'hardcore' or anything. I like being optimal, but I'm not going to spend a ton of money or time for it. So I get a weapon or two or twenty that I really like, try to get the units I enjoy (aesthetics first!), and spend a lot on collecting Blitz Ace recolours. I've leveled Hunter and Fighter to 35, but right now I've switched off and am working on leveling Ranger (eventually Gunner), and leveling up a new ranged mag. I plan to also try out Force (eventually Techer) for a while as well.

Vintasticvin
May 1, 2013, 12:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOO! My inner elitist is not pleased with this topic! How dare you sir!? You should know what happens when you anger your king! *points at noose*

Really people still do that? What a bunch of dicks lol. Id call myself more of a hardcore player but to me it doesnt matter what gear someone has or how often they play. Long as they enjoy the game its all good right?

Although ill admit it irks me a bit when you add someone and they only come on like once a month ;p.

Yeah, so far it was just that one person and you tell they were an elite level power player and yes it was one of those "You know what I really don't like your attitude. OH Yeah?! Well I'm just as disgusted with your upbeat laid back positivity!!!" Moments

Then we added each other and said the usually see ya tomorrow night. I will admit you can learn a thing or two that can serve you well if you can do your best to look past their uglineszs.

Also that bugs me as well. You add someone they never came back. :<

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah lol, some people like me just play elitist, but since this game requires you to basically be very rich or very lucky to be more or less top class its kinda silly when you meet a real elitist prick.

Nikoshae
May 1, 2013, 12:28 PM
Also that bugs me as well. You add someone they never came back. :<

Do you have another account or something, btw? Vintasticvin is only level 20 or so, and when I bring your NPC along to higher level things you wind up being a sacrifice >.>

Yay meat shields :D

Or am I missing something >.>

Gen2000
May 1, 2013, 12:29 PM
yeah this game needs more ball-grabbing. Damn Japan sure has changed over the years

I just think majority of casual JPN players flock to games like these to relax and take screenshots as top priority, even when PSU was setting off they were the main ones complaining for difficulty nerfs.

This game does a poor job of giving a reason to min-max/lace up tryhard boots, kind of reason why I find being smug about certain class/combos not being as elite as others or looking down on other players for not have extreme maxed gear comes off as being silly sometimes.

Vintasticvin
May 1, 2013, 12:36 PM
Do you have another account or something, btw? Vintasticvin is only level 20 or so, and when I bring your NPC along to higher level things you wind up being a sacrifice >.>

Yay meat shields :D

Or am I missing something >.>

I have two accounts with the Vintastic character on them as NPCs Vintasticvin and Vinniursa you might have the Vinniursa one cause the main ne is at 24. Hopfully the npç you have of me fights well regardless of dying so fast.

yoshiblue
May 1, 2013, 12:37 PM
Some things just never change. I'm pretty causal. I still don't even have a lv 50 up. Tera has been taking away all my PSO2 time.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 12:43 PM
I will admit though, it does bug me when i have multiple gunners in the room. Everything starts to fly arround getting hit for 2-300 per hit when i could just do 10k in half a second if the damn targets were low enough for me to hit.

I think sega should just get rid of gunner tbh. This is just my opinion but gunner is just a flashy 1 trick pony thats only useful in a boss fight, and even then its kinda pointless since you fight 1 boss every so often.

Thats the one thing that bugs me in this game. and LOL difficulty nerf? this game has never really been hard, just tedius in the begining. I would have prefered they just have the koffie system they do now instead of making her COs all that lax.

gravityvx
May 1, 2013, 01:18 PM
I will admit though, it does bug me when i have multiple gunners in the room. Everything starts to fly arround getting hit for 2-300 per hit when i could just do 10k in half a second if the damn targets were low enough for me to hit.

I think sega should just get rid of gunner tbh. This is just my opinion but gunner is just a flashy 1 trick pony thats only useful in a boss fight, and even then its kinda pointless since you fight 1 boss every so often.

Thats the one thing that bugs me in this game. and LOL difficulty nerf? this game has never really been hard, just tedius in the begining. I would have prefered they just have the koffie system they do now instead of making her COs all that lax.

If a gunner isn't using a gunslash for trash mobs they obviously have no idea what they're missing out on.

thematesV2
May 1, 2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah lol, some people like me just play elitist, but since this game requires you to basically be very rich or very lucky to be more or less top class its kinda silly when you meet a real elitist prick.

but neither of those two things matter to be 'top class' what matters is playing 90% of your time attempting to be perfectly aligned skill/equip wise, knowing the most efficient orders/runs for exp/rares and playing alot.

so i guess I was just trying to chat with people who didn't really have time for any or all of those three types of gameplay.

everyone has the right to be elitist and/or pricks. they also have the right to be liked/disliked. haha

anyhow, nice to see you all chatting about casual gameplay.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 01:36 PM
If a gunner isn't using a gunslash for trash mobs they obviously have no idea what they're missing out on.

ehh, ra/hu is better for that. much better multipliers.

gravityvx
May 1, 2013, 01:52 PM
Ra/Hu being better at it is irrelevant to what I said since the point was gunslash is far better at clearing waves of trash than mechs as a gunner in most cases.

UnLucky
May 1, 2013, 02:09 PM
The grind can get pretty bad, so the best thing you can do is find people you enjoy playing with.

Though if you find an accommodating 'elitist' you could get some tips in, too! I like to think I fit that description, as I've advised people trying to make a good tank or hybrid class, or some other "weaker" combination. And not just "play something else" I mean to optimize within the constraints that they enjoy. No sense losing out in your defined role like some sort of statement "I don't care about strength, so I'm intentionally as weak as possible"

Or whatever. Know where you can improve, but don't be too concerned about it. I think that's a healthy mindset.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 02:56 PM
Ra/Hu being better at it is irrelevant to what I said since the point was gunslash is far better at clearing waves of trash than mechs as a gunner in most cases.

And thats irrelevant to my prior post, in my opinion gu should be removed/fixed because all it does is get in the way. And yes GS is a great mob clearer. But it's not just ra/hu, even fi/hu andf hu/fi do more add bullet damage than a gu/ra.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 1, 2013, 03:00 PM
I kinda giggle at how ultra serious people this game like calling someone a scrub just for having 1 of the 3 Vol units set pieces equipped.

I can't say I've ever ran into people that took this game seriously

What describes a non-casual player for this game anyway?
I hope I'm a casual, because I sure as hell never try

Xaeris
May 1, 2013, 03:02 PM
And yes GS is a great mob clearer. But it's not just ra/hu, even fi/hu andf hu/fi do more add bullet damage than a gu/ra.

No they don't. It's a lot closer than it should be, but a GU/RA's Additional Bullet will still outdo a FI/HU's.

gravityvx
May 1, 2013, 03:08 PM
And thats irrelevant to my prior post, in my opinion gu should be removed/fixed because all it does is get in the way. And yes GS is a great mob clearer. But it's not just ra/hu, even fi/hu andf hu/fi do more add bullet damage than a gu/ra.

I thought stating a better alternative for your said annoying gunners was very relevant to your post. And please tell me how one "gets in the way" of things that die within a few seconds. The only enemy that could really annoy someone is micda flipping, even I can't stand gunners that do that. Regardless, if they use a gunslash with their mechs you have a fast clearing effective gunner. Not as fast as a FOs AoE mind you, but sure as hell isn't in the way...I don't even think that's humanly possible to "get in the way" unless you're constatly dying during a boss, AQ, MPA or TA. Easy game is easy.

thematesV2
May 1, 2013, 03:14 PM
I guess coming from someone who really doesn't play any mmos or online games beside terraria, Halo (occasionally) and red dead, I define non-casual players as anyone who enters a casual thread and all they do is talk about which classes are better for which generic actions, and why said classes are useless if they're not played right.

this is one of the reasons I never got into card/board games. no-one plays magic the gathering casually, or if they do, their 'casual' is WAY different than my 'casual'

Shinmarizu
May 1, 2013, 04:11 PM
For MTG (and for any CCG for that matter) there is always a level of compete in a good player, no matter how hard they try to play 'casually' - there is always the (1) things you always do and (2) things you never do because there's always something more ideal/proper.

The same can be said for this game (and many of the discussion topics here)... just that people tend to be louder, and combative to a degree when they are challenged.

As for myself, I'm as elitist as I am laid-back; it's a matter of attitude and perspective.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 04:49 PM
I thought stating a better alternative for your said annoying gunners was very relevant to your post. And please tell me how one "gets in the way" of things that die within a few seconds. The only enemy that could really annoy someone is micda flipping, even I can't stand gunners that do that. Regardless, if they use a gunslash with their mechs you have a fast clearing effective gunner. Not as fast as a FOs AoE mind you, but sure as hell isn't in the way...I don't even think that's humanly possible to "get in the way" unless you're constatly dying during a boss, AQ, MPA or TA. Easy game is easy.

no, i mean getting in the way as in me: 1 shots almost everything, i dont need more than 3 hits for any non boss in aq. Gunner: fuck gunslash! lets spam out 1 trick pony rebelion and launch things out of the 1 shotter's reach and take forever to kill them!

and yeah lol this thread is getting a bit off topic so ill end it there lol.

milranduil
May 1, 2013, 05:28 PM
no, i mean getting in the way as in me: 1 shots almost everything, i dont need more than 3 hits for any non boss in aq. Gunner: fuck gunslash! lets spam out 1 trick pony rebelion and launch things out of the 1 shotter's reach and take forever to kill them!

and yeah lol this thread is getting a bit off topic so ill end it there lol.

Except that's the fault of the person playing the gunner not the class gunner itself. Casual gameplay thread and you come in to say that a class is worthless. Totally makes sense.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 05:42 PM
We were talking about a few things we didnt like, i mentioned one, sew me.

~Aya~
May 1, 2013, 05:47 PM

What describes a non-casual player for this game anyway?
I hope I'm a casual, because I sure as hell never try

Im ridiculous try hard~

All day every day~

Wanna make a new hunter and get to 60 with 10 deaths or less. Im that good~

Play with me and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.. or get lucky and my skill rubs off on you~

IKUZO!

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 05:50 PM
Im ridiculous try hard~

All day every day~

Wanna make a new hunter and get to 60 with 10 deaths or less. Im that good~

Play with me and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.. or get lucky and my skill rubs off on you~

IKUZO!

Minus the weaboo thats a good impression lol.

~Aya~
May 1, 2013, 05:51 PM
Minus the weaboo thats a good impression lol.

Nope.. I lied. 8D... pachi pachi /claps

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2013, 05:52 PM

I take it somewhat seriously. I'm not an elitist that really cares about equipment and all that crap, but I do like the people I'm playing with to have somewhat above-average knowledge about game mechanics, and how things work....and I do get kind of pissed when people don't know, and don't care to learn, how to do something more effectively.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 05:52 PM
Nope.. I lied. 8D... pachi pachi /claps

nani kore!? too machu weaboo desu!

~Aya~
May 1, 2013, 05:55 PM
I take it somewhat seriously. I'm not an elitist that really cares about equipment and all that crap, but I do like the people I'm playing with to have somewhat above-average knowledge about game mechanics, and how things work....and I do get kind of pissed when people don't know, and don't care to learn, how to do something more effectively.

I can teach you how to heal with a monomate when I get online later.. free of charge~ ♥ Olef

@cowboykun Gotta use japon weeabot. You use full jp and they like gtfo this engrish forum

Arrow
May 1, 2013, 05:56 PM
We were talking about a few things we didnt like, i mentioned one, sew me.

Very well.
*looks at tiny sewing needle then tosses it aside*
...nah
*Pulls out a Partisan that looks like a really big needle*
Alright, now I need you to hold still...

Link1275
May 1, 2013, 06:05 PM
Very well.
...nah
LOL I think that a partisan is a bit big for this task. How about a 1"x5" needle(the latter is the length while the former the diameter of the point).

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2013, 06:09 PM
Very well.
...nah

*Throws judge's gavel @ you*

Shinmarizu
May 1, 2013, 06:41 PM

I fall under the same lines as this. I pay attention to the threads here and the wikis so that I keep up to date with the game; I also try to share what I've learned.

I think the most important thing I keep in mind when I play is that this is a game, and I just do my best to play it well. When it comes to people... *shrug*

Valimer
May 2, 2013, 02:06 AM
I've been playing since the closed beta. A week ago I had about 140 hours, but as of right now I have about 175 hours. Yeah...

I actually really enjoy PSO2, probably because I still haven't reached level cap or higher than level 15 in a second class. Looking at all the items in the PSO2 wiki really made me want to get out there and start gearing up my dude. I sort of set mini goals for myself, like I just recently got enough money for a recolor ticket.

Coatl
May 2, 2013, 09:47 AM
How can you take a game like this seriously? Even my "elitist" friends know how to have a laugh.

martinmeegan
May 2, 2013, 10:27 AM
'Cause we're saving the frikkin Universe!:bash:

~Aya~
May 2, 2013, 11:03 AM
we will chooose to fiiiiiiight~

for a world beeeeeyoooooooooooooooooooooond~

*drum soro*

lexstarshok
May 2, 2013, 11:29 AM
I play my best and keep up to date, but I try and not take the game too seriously... Sometimes I wanna scream at peeps (Falz comes to mind...) But in the end my main goal is just to have fun!

Only game I take dead seriously is Super Street Fighter IV AE >.> But that's cause I play tourniments and such.

ReaperTheAbsol
May 2, 2013, 11:58 AM
When I was playing I went hard, but I didn't get mad at anyone when things went wrong. If anything I felt bad if something wasn't right or if I could have done something else and prevented it. Otherwise I laughed 95% of the time because the people I played with were pretty chill with whatever happened, and our topics of discussion were usually more interesting than our tasks and stuff.

When I get around to playing again I'll still be as rowdy, crazy and ballsy as ever, but I'll continue to make fun my top priority.

jooozek
May 2, 2013, 01:55 PM
efficiency = fun
man, that was hard

Quatre52
May 2, 2013, 02:40 PM
I'll never understand why people take it so serious, but, they've been doing it since the first PSO came out, still, I play how ever I find it fun to play.

Having the best equipment or stats means very little to me, so long as I'm enjoying the game. This game isn't meant to be a competition, it never has been either.

Shadowth117
May 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
This game isn't meant to be a competition, it never has been either.

I have no idea what interrupt rankings are then.

People can play how they want, I don't really care. But as with a lot of things, you can play at a higher level if you want. Certainly not as much so as some games, but time attacking/speedrunning is something that's done in almost every type of game in some form. Originally, it wasn't even a very intentional thing in most games no, but developers started to notice that some crowds enjoyed that type of thing a lot.

ReaperTheAbsol
May 2, 2013, 03:08 PM
I've seen an English speaking player go as far as yelling at Japanese players for doing an MPA "wrong." That's taking the game serious on a different level. ._.

Shadowth117
May 2, 2013, 03:13 PM
I've seen an English speaking player go as far as yelling at Japanese players for doing an MPA "wrong." That's taking the game serious on a different level. ._.

You mean Falz? I think you'll find at times if you look at what they say they're not always any better. Its understandable that if you're doing that emergency quest you want the most drops. Having people shock as often as possible doesn't always help that.

EvilMag
May 2, 2013, 03:14 PM
The only thing I yell in English to JP players during Falz Elder is "Pikachu use Thundershock!"

And it worked.

Xaeris
May 2, 2013, 03:18 PM
n00b. You'd tell it to use Thunder Wave to guarantee the status effect.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 03:29 PM
This game isn't meant to be a competition, it never has been either.

Actually, one of the main selling points of pso back in the day was the competition, and it worked lol. Lots of people stuck with it for so long because of the hunting, grinding, and progressing. Sure pso2 isnt very competetive other than finding the skimpiest dress and sticking it on the largest rack, but thats the beauty of it, the game can be fun without playing hardcore lol.

jooozek
May 2, 2013, 03:30 PM
nah, first pso was obviously a dress up game

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 03:31 PM
XD whatever was I thinking?

Xaeris
May 2, 2013, 03:33 PM
Actually, one of the main selling points of pso back in the day was the competition, and it worked lol. Lots of people stuck with it for so long because of the hunting, grinding, and progressing. Sure pso2 isnt very competetive other than finding the skimpiest dress and sticking it on the largest rack, but thats the beauty of it, the game can be fun without playing hardcore lol.

No...no, not really. The DC and GCN versions of PSO were so rife with cheating, that using either as a platform for competition would have been folly, to put it nicely.

gigawuts
May 2, 2013, 03:34 PM
PSO was as competitive as keeping up with the Joneses IRL is, that is to say, only if you care about appearances to other people (other people who don't care about your appearances).

For me and everyone else I knew, it was about running into a coop scenario and...cooping. Go in underleveled (if possible) and beat things down, one S&D and J&Z at a time.

Cheating was only really a problem if A.) it bothered you what other people did, B.) you didn't have chill friends to play with. It might have taken you a bit to find people to play with, though, so cheating could have been hazardous while you worked on that.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 03:36 PM
Well however you look at it it was alot more competetive than this game (at least how i see it).

And yeah the coop was fun generally. But i loved soloing ulti falz as a lv 112 humar in multimode lol, that was fun.

Quatre52
May 2, 2013, 03:39 PM
What exactly was competitive about the first PSO again? I ask this, you know, because the only online mode was a co-op mode, playing with 3 other people.

(If your talking about battle mode...and please tell me your not...then that didn't show up until version 2.)

ReaperTheAbsol
May 2, 2013, 03:39 PM
You mean Falz? I think you'll find at times if you look at what they say they're not always any better. Its understandable that if you're doing that emergency quest you want the most drops. Having people shock as often as possible doesn't always help that.

We were actually running around in Ruins 2 with a full MPA. The player was disgruntled with everyone Zerg rushing through all the codes, failing captures and avoids, and minor stuff like that. It was unecessary, foul mouthed behavior is all.

Xaeris
May 2, 2013, 03:40 PM
I don't know how you can see it like that. PSO2 has the few competitive elements that PSO1 had (racing to level cap, equipment epeening) and Interrupt Rankings on top of that. The only thing missing is Battle Mode and, well, Battle Mode was kind of a joke.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 03:45 PM
Its basically that, level cap and equipment, its just not there as much in this game.

Shadowth117
May 2, 2013, 03:52 PM
We were actually running around in Ruins 2 with a full MPA. The player was disgruntled with everyone Zerg rushing through all the codes, failing captures and avoids, and minor stuff like that. It was unecessary, foul mouthed behavior is all.

That's something else than. Yeah, some people just need to take one of them chill pills.

Quatre52
May 2, 2013, 04:04 PM
Since when was level cap a competition...

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2013, 04:18 PM

It is only to the people that make everything a competition and take every opportunity to try and put themselves above other people for even the silliest, and pettiest, things.

Z-0
May 2, 2013, 04:20 PM
I can understand rushing to the level cap being a competition amongst friends (who's gonna get there first among us, eh?), but I can't really imagine it being a competitive aspect of the game, so to speak.

o.0

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 04:22 PM
thats more or less what my competition is zio. So far i was first to all 40, last to 55 and first to 60 in my list lol. That reminds me, siggy update.

gravityvx
May 2, 2013, 04:26 PM

Spamming lolFalz and ez mode AQs is srs bns.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 04:29 PM
there was no aq in pso.

gravityvx
May 2, 2013, 04:31 PM
there was no aq in pso.

Hope you're joking, there were quests that were completely identical to AQ but less boring and gave a shit ton of exp.

Arrow
May 2, 2013, 04:34 PM
*Throws judge's gavel @ you*

Hannibal uses Judgment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMHy3eRrRo

It's Super Effective!

Oh and I know when it comes to lvling I'm not competitive.
I have yet to play a game where I reach a lvl cap...
I think there was one but I dun remember...never in an MMO anyway.

EDIT: Oh I was thinking Fire Emblem...but that doesn't count.

Quatre52
May 2, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hope you're joking, there were quests that were completely identical to AQ but less boring and gave a shit ton of exp.

There were quests...they weren't identical...

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
No, im not lol, there were no quests in pso where you had to pay items to enter and fight random bosses for high exp.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hannibal uses Judgment!
Golden Sun - Judgment - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMHy3eRrRo)

It's Super Effective!

Oh and I know when it comes to lvling I'm not competitive.
I have yet to play a game where I reach a lvl cap...
I think there was one but I dun remember...never in an MMO anyway.

EDIT: Oh I was thinking Fire Emblem...but that doesn't count.

FE doesnt count but its fun ;p.

gravityvx
May 2, 2013, 04:48 PM
There were quests...they weren't identical...

There were certain quests with the same concept in mind for each area in the game. The only diff is risk, it's the same concept with advanced thrown in the title and risk mechanic. Kill huge waves of enemies for tons of exp up to the boss and repeat said quest till you get whatever level you're after.

Skyly HUmar
May 2, 2013, 04:58 PM
i dont see how ttf was like aq.

Arrow
May 2, 2013, 05:05 PM
FE doesnt count but its fun ;p.

Ha, yeah...It's almost too easy in FE.
I mean, once you get a handful of lvl 20 pre and lvl 20 post promotion, It's like a mini army.
In MMOs I find myself always under the curve for lvling. i.e. I'm at lvl 27 after 60 hrs and most would be already enjoying the "advanced classes."

Mabinogi I had an even better example situation: Me and this girl start playing at roughly the same time (me slightly earlier.) 5 years later: I'm total lvl 1,000 and she's total 50,000 or 70,000 (I forgot...)

Even PSZ I never reached the lvl 100 cap.

I think I just fail miserably at lvling properly even though I do everything like everyone else. I'll never figure out why I have this curse...

thematesV2
May 3, 2013, 08:37 AM
Arrow, I know how you feel. I chock my lack of leveling up to not playing as much as I would like, but I've always felt cursed when it comes to rare drops. after PSOBB and PSU, and now with PSO2, I think the total number of rare drop's i've actually gotten are under 30. and between the two games, i've logged probably 2-3k hours. I had characters between 100-150 in BB, and 80-90 in PSU, and now mid 30's in PSO2, and i just seem to find a 5th or a 10th of the rares that the friends I play with find. (PSO2 i am not quite the level to start finding rare weaps yet and I don't have any rare drop bonus weaps or tickets (but i don't need them @ lvl 32...))

I usually just ignore the fact, and buy on the market.

Sparzyle
May 3, 2013, 09:23 AM
Arrow, I know how you feel. I chock my lack of leveling up to not playing as much as I would like, but I've always felt cursed when it comes to rare drops. after PSOBB and PSU, and now with PSO2, I think the total number of rare drop's i've actually gotten are under 30. and between the two games, i've logged probably 2-3k hours. I had characters between 100-150 in BB, and 80-90 in PSU, and now mid 30's in PSO2, and i just seem to find a 5th or a 10th of the rares that the friends I play with find. (PSO2 i am not quite the level to start finding rare weaps yet and I don't have any rare drop bonus weaps or tickets (but i don't need them @ lvl 32...))

I usually just ignore the fact, and buy on the market.
Haha them feels, the last time I spent my time searching a rare on PSO:BB (Ano Bazooka) but after like killing tons of Dorphon and getting nothing I gave up and never ever searched for another rare...things seems to show up when you actually aren't searching for them

Also I got like 900+ hours of gameplay with my main and just got HU 52 and RA 45 but meh, if I actually spent my time like the others farming on the same AQ for EXP buying exp tickets and every exp buff they can get...well...that doesn't seems to very fun to me