PDA

View Full Version : PSO Screenshots help

DC_PLAYER
May 2, 2013, 06:38 AM
Long short story, i am using modified versions of the windowed exe of PSO v2 for pc (this is not PSO BB) and the modifications are mainly in the resolution department.

In fullscreen i can go to the max resolution allowed by my monitor, but PSO accepts higher than that, but only if i run in window mode.
Problem is window mode, It's something that didn't exist when the game came out and so the screenshot function doesn't work properly, so i need an external program to take the screens, like fraps.

With fraps, all goes well and i took a screenshot a bit bigger then the ones that can come out of PSO BB, thing is i can go even higher.

The problem starts to appear from here, higher resolutions work, but for some reason ( software related, hardware related or both) fraps crashes the game when i take the screenshot, so i'm unable to show it because no screenshot is taken.

Is there an alternative to fraps that can take screenshots in window mode at the resolution of the game?
Note i don't want the windows frame with the image of the game, for that printscreen and paint would do, i need a program that can take a screenshot with the resolution i defined, this means screenshots around 3800px wide

thanks in advance

JCGamer
May 2, 2013, 12:51 PM
well I used older version of snag it to take the picture instead of fraps. fraps don't give that must of revolution. but when I use snagit give me a choose what color from 16,32 abd 256bit and older snag it give me a choose of what format I want as image I can choose from png, jpg,bmp,pxc,gif and til and you can boost the resolution % on the screen. and then I used paint shop to render any image I took from the old version snag it. well I used snagit for M.U.G.E.N purpose to make life bar and etc from other game. but not sure that what your looking for as capture wise

VioletSkye
May 2, 2013, 02:21 PM
You could try BandiCam (http://www.bandicam.com/). I've never used it personally but the reviews I checked out looked favorable :) Take note when installing as some have mentioned it installing a toolbar by default.

DC_PLAYER
May 2, 2013, 05:49 PM
None worked

Snagit seems great, but does not take the high res screenshot i wanted, it just takes a screenshot of a portion of my desktop, so the pso screenshot comes out small.
Printscreen and paint do the same thing.

Bandicam cannot detect the PSO v2 window for some odd reason.

Any other suggestions?