PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Weapon requirement stats?

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 10:41 PM
I am new to the game and I am having a big problem understanding my stats. I am a level 18 ranger and when I look under character info, it says I have 510 R-ATK, but when I try to equip weapons it says I only have 285 R-ATK. I don't have any items that are detracting from R-ATK (as far as I know). I meet all the other requirements (as far as I can see) on the items I want to equip, yet they are still grey in my inventory. This is blocking me from using a lot of weapons I need to use. I assume there must be something I am not doing. Also, how do I use items in my "other" inventory (mines in particular). It won't let me put them in my subpallet or use them.

MetalDude
May 2, 2013, 10:43 PM
It's your modified stats meaning it includes gear and any direct modifiers like Shifta Drink and the photon tree support effect. AFAIK, the only way to check your base stats is to look at weapons you can use and it'll show it there.

Quick note: Mag stats and Skill Tree Atk Up skills boost your base stats.

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 10:47 PM
What should I fee the mag in particular to boost my R-ATK stats?

KazukiQZ
May 2, 2013, 10:55 PM
What should I fee the mag in particular to boost my R-ATK stats?
guns, guns, and lots of guns~
Rifles, Launchers, and Twin Machine Guns work best for R-aTK :D

in addition, it also add Dexterity (Ability) stat, I personally add both R-ATk and DEX. But if you want R-AtK only, you can decrease the DEX with furniture items (purple item)

remember once the bar fills, 1 point will be added into DEX and using furniture item will not decrease that. feed your mag before that happen

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 10:59 PM
Thank you guys. All I have been feeding him is guns and he is level 25 now. One last question. What level should I expect to be to have around a base of 500 R-ATK if I keep feeding my mag guns?

MetalDude
May 2, 2013, 11:00 PM
The more stars a ranger weapon has, the more R-Atk meter it will build on your mag. I'd make it a priority to buy 6* ranger weapons to feed your mag as it will speed up the process tremendously. Specific * room items will also decrease DEX and increase R-Atk but I can't remember which.

To answer your question, your mag caps at Lv. 150 (175 in a later update) so I'm thinking around level 40 if your mag caps first (which is unlikely unless you level very slowly).

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks. Oh the other question. How do I use (or what do I do) with these purple items in the "others" section of my inventory? They look like mines or traps of some sort, but I can't add them to my subpallet.

blace
May 2, 2013, 11:09 PM
Only a one of them can be put into your subpalette and that would be telepipes.

The other items in there usually range from grinders, photon drops, etc. and are used differently, such as seeing the NPC DooDoo to grind your equipment or the shops to trade in Photon Drops, Crystals or Spheres.

MetalDude
May 2, 2013, 11:10 PM
Grinders - グラインダー
Synthesizers - シンセサイザー
Photon Drops - フォトンドロップ

Also, Telepipes - テレパイプ

This will help you out a lot.
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/others_1.php

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 11:25 PM
Thank you very much guys. There is a lot more I need to find out about this game, but this should get me going on the right path.

Rulp
May 2, 2013, 11:36 PM
Now I am trying to feed my mag a 7 star gun, but it does not show up in the list of items I can give him? Any ideas?

SociableTyrannosaur
May 2, 2013, 11:37 PM
you can't feed 7* and up

Also your mag shouldn't have much dex on it. Rangers get plenty of dex on their own through their skill tree, so you want mostly r atk on your mag

Laxedrane
May 6, 2013, 12:12 AM
Fortunately in this game look at what does what for your mag. The bars will increase in a reddish color to show you how feeding a certain item will effect your mag. Very helpful.

*Remembers the days of PSO where each mag fell into different groups that responded differently to each item you could feed it-.-*

TaigaUC
May 6, 2013, 03:32 AM
It's hard to say when you'll reach 500 RATK. Depends on your mag and your subclass, as well as your race and gender. I recommend at least 100 RATK on your mag.

If I recall correctly, female Casts have the highest RATK stat. The difference between race and gender doesn't seem like much, but at higher levels it takes a long time to level and a few points will matter when you want to equip stuff ASAP.

Use this simulator if you want the exact numbers.
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php

Also. just in case, here is my recommended base build for Ra/Gu:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04nFIOIkb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkfbW0IbIn 0000009b00000ibJdJ29kdn0007beDI2cFcAcDib000ib00000 9b000008