PDA

View Full Version : Can you change Motion Type?

Raxis
May 5, 2013, 07:33 AM
Sorry for asking another question, no really, I am xD

But I am stuck on Walking or Hovering. Am I able to change this option later? I realise you can change the way your character looks. This is kinda a 3 question. Can I change what colour my character looks like through the NPC aswell as the height and the way he walks?

Thanks in advance!

Arrow
May 5, 2013, 07:37 AM
Sorry for asking another question, no really, I am xD

But I am stuck on Walking or Hovering. Am I able to change this option later? I realise you can change the way your character looks. This is kinda a 2 question. Can I change what colour my character looks like through the NPC aswell as the way he walks?

Thanks in advance!

You can.
Color and other certain physical attributes (i.e. height, hair color (not style), and face shape) however, you need to pay for.
There are some that are free. They don't have red triangles next to their option.

Also I'll be that guy that says there's a quick question thread stickied at the top of the PSO2 general (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)

It's to limit the number of new threads of smaller result size

Darki
May 5, 2013, 07:38 AM
You can change the way it hovers in the Makeover counter anytime you want, no worries.

However, to change the color you need a recolor ticket, and to change the height you'd need a makeover ticket. You can have the first one by exchanging AC scratch items, the other one is directly bought with AC.

Gama
May 5, 2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

use this for such questions.

and yes you can. motion type is a free change, height youll need to dish out 500AC and colors youll need 14 AC clothing items or parts to exchanc for a recolor ticket.

Raxis
May 5, 2013, 07:51 AM
Well in that case. Id Like to get my height right xD What is the average character height? Oh and thankyou for that questions link, Ill use that for my further threads :)

Shirai
May 5, 2013, 08:08 AM
Well in that case. Id Like to get my height right xD What is the average character height? Oh and thankyou for that questions link, Ill use that for my further threads :)

There really isn't an average height.
But somewhere from 150-169 should be fine for a female.
Not sure for males...

Just most people in this game tend to be really short or really tall... ;_;

Requiem Aeternam
May 5, 2013, 08:10 AM
I don't think there is an average character height. Just go for whatever height you think suits your character the best ^^

Rien
May 5, 2013, 08:23 AM
Even the shortest height looks pretty tall in the character creator, so yeah.

Most NPCS are between 150 to 170. I think.

Z-0
May 5, 2013, 08:38 AM
I'd say most NPCs are more around the 180 region... My female newman is around 181 and she's about the same height as most "average" height NPCs. 150-169 is pretty small, really.

EDIT: Or well, it looks like it in this game. NPCs such as the civilians, Lottie, etc. look like midgits. <_> Went running around and they're sooo small qq

MoronSonOfBoron
May 5, 2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Japanese tend to have very short women. My character's only ~177 and she looks like a freakin' giant sometimes next to NPCs.

Not to mention about half the player-base is all lolicons anyway.

Angelo
May 5, 2013, 09:51 PM
Remember that the number in the corner is supposed to be cm.

doomdragon83
May 5, 2013, 11:55 PM
Keep in mind that you must be wearing cast/caseal parts to hover. If you're wearing a costume (Rappy suit, Tuxedo, Wedding Dress, Bath Towel, Miku outfit, etc.), you can't hover.

Zenobia
May 6, 2013, 12:28 AM
Not only that if you want to walk in the game or lobby you must have a controller of some sort ps3 or xbox 360 controller that is and slightly tilt the analog stick.

TaigaUC
May 6, 2013, 03:23 AM
I'd guess average height is around 150-160 for females. I rarely see male characters when in groups, so it's hard to say what their average height is.
If I'm not mistaken, weapon size doesn't adjust to character size. If you make a tiny character, they'll have a disproportionately massive weapon. If you have a huge character, they'll have a disproportionately tiny weapon.

Both large and small characters have the same running speeds but animate at different speeds. Smaller animates faster and larger animates slower. Also kind of feels like smaller has less range, most noticeably for Deadly Archer. I may be wrong, but it's something that constantly throws me off when I switch between my short and tall characters and melee.

Syklo
May 6, 2013, 04:15 AM
May I ask the significance in knowing the average height when making your character?

Seriously, I'm curious.

Raxis
May 6, 2013, 05:09 AM
May I ask the significance in knowing the average height when making your character?

Seriously, I'm curious.
Well, I believe I can't buy AC as I don't have a japan credit card. The reason I want to know the average height is that I don't want to really stand out for the worse. I don't wanna stand out because I'm a huge character if you get what I mean.

TaigaUC
May 6, 2013, 08:56 PM
I can relate to that. When I'm on my 180cm character, it feels like I tower over most people and it feels weird. On the other hand, my friend likes to make tall characters, and they make my characters look like midgets.

Sara-hime
May 7, 2013, 11:16 AM
I just stuck to my character's actual height of 5'5" (so 167 to 168 ). She seems to be right in the middle compared to everyone else. Also keep in mind, most costumes have heels so they actually boost your height a bit.

AgemFrostMage
May 18, 2013, 08:01 AM

5'8" for human males, 5'2" for human females. I don't know about the Phantasy Star Universe but if it correlates with real life. Rudy/Chaz* is 5'9" according to the Phantasy Star Compendium. Chaz is 176cm which is 5'9" tall. Thray/Rune even teases him for being short! However, since Thray is 6 feet tall an average would look short to him so maybe from his perspective and not that 5'9" is short for a Parman.

*Some name changes are the only two good examples of changes I can think of from Japan to America... in any medium, but that's for another topic entirely the other is Eusis change to Rolf since Rolf and Chaz sound more action than Rudy and Eusis.