PDA

View Full Version : Best Character? (Cast your votes!)

Raxis
May 6, 2013, 07:39 AM
Well, I still haven't made up my mind for character. I have 3 colour variations. Cast your votes! (If you have any suggestions on improving upon my character, please comment. I can take criticism) ALSO : If you like Character 1 : White, and you want the colour white changed to something else. Just post and ill take a look!

Character 1 : White
http://imgur.com/CbEnt9K

Character 2 : Black
http://imgur.com/Ec5zKRT

untrustful
May 6, 2013, 07:50 AM
It's a tie between 1 and 3. 2 sucks.

Raxis
May 6, 2013, 08:03 AM
It's a tie between 1 and 3. 2 sucks.
What would you go with right here right now?

TheAstarion
May 6, 2013, 08:09 AM
Purple fits female characters more easily than males, you have to think about future costumes too. Also, make sure to customise his face during creation; you can always put the helmet on afterwards for free but you can't go back and change the naked face without paying AC.

As it stands, the purple looks slightly better right now, though.

Gama
May 6, 2013, 08:10 AM
id choose purple over green, ive seen manny cast with green/black.

havent seen any male casts with purple like that.

also like the astarion said. edit the fleshy face.

Zenobia
May 6, 2013, 08:12 AM
id choose purple over green, ive seen manny cast with green/black.

havent seen any male casts with purple like that.

^Second this I hardly see any male purple cast and as of right now purple is a less used color anyway and he looks bad ass with purple btw.

Raxis
May 6, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks to your feedback, I have my last two choices.

Character 1 : White
http://imgur.com/CbEnt9K

Character 2 : Black
http://imgur.com/Ec5zKRT

BlueCast Boy
May 6, 2013, 08:49 AM
I think Char 2 is much better, char 1 is kinda abit weird thou...sorry...

AgemFrostMage
May 6, 2013, 08:50 AM
Purple fits female characters more easily than males, you have to think about future costumes too. Also, make sure to customise his face during creation; you can always put the helmet on afterwards for free but you can't go back and change the naked face without paying AC.

As it stands, the purple looks slightly better right now, though.

I disagree the purple looks really good on him. I personally like 1 more because 2 has too much black. I still like 2 but 1 you can see more as you can see more detail.

RedRaz0r
May 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
I think if you need other people to pick your character for you then you should start over and make one that best fits YOU.

Sayara
May 6, 2013, 12:39 PM
Perhaps not solid white but i despretey need a not dark color for some of it besides the purple which is also very dark.

Char 2 mind as well just be solid black.

Requiem Aeternam
May 6, 2013, 12:55 PM
The white one looks better but I agree with Sayara in that the colours are really dark. If you really want to use black on your character I'd make the purple parts black instead and use a brighter colour for the main body. In the end though it's entirely up to you what colours you want to use.

Arrow
May 6, 2013, 01:56 PM
The white one looks better but I agree with Sayara in that the colours are really dark. If you really want to use black on your character I'd make the purple parts black instead and use a brighter colour for the main body. In the end though it's entirely up to you what colours you want to use.

My personal philosophy is that if you use 90% black with 8% dark purple
You don't put a opposite color in the pallete like white like that. It clashes rather than contrasts.

Requiem Aeternam
May 6, 2013, 02:04 PM
My personal philosophy is that if you use 90% black with 8% dark purple
You don't put a opposite color in the pallete like white like that. It clashes rather than contrasts.

I just think it looks nicer than the black ^^; But you're right, it does clash.

Arrow
May 6, 2013, 02:25 PM
I just think it looks nicer than the black ^^; But you're right, it does clash.

White, black, and purple can work together, but it needs to be "proportioned and placed" correctly.

Casts have the best options w/ colors just cause of the combinations possible.
Really wished fleshies outfits had similar options...

Zorafim
May 6, 2013, 03:10 PM
I think if you need other people to pick your character for you then you should start over and make one that best fits YOU.

I think this is bad advice. Other people can see flaws you can't see, and having multiple opinions makes it easier to make choices you're having difficulty with. "Two heads are better than one" and all that hydra nonsense.

That being said... Should this be in the Phashion thread? I guess not, since it would have gathered less attention.

Sayara
May 6, 2013, 03:47 PM
It depends Arrow, i need some sort of color to give the character shape, White isnt the right color for this, but like ANY kinda color that can give off some light to the character (like even a lighter shade of violet) can really help. That dark violet for char 2 isnt doin it for me.

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2013, 03:48 PM
I'm partial to the solid black. The white interior looks a bit odd to me.

Raxis
May 7, 2013, 12:32 AM
From your feedback, (Thanks!) I'm heading towards the white one in the sense of style but plan to replace the white with another colour as many have said it clashes. What colour would you change the white to in Character 1?

Feggge
May 7, 2013, 02:08 AM
Your number one there looks kinda similar to the colors I chose.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2411&pictureid=31857

Raxis
May 7, 2013, 07:24 AM
From your feedback, (Thanks!) I'm heading towards the white one in the sense of style but plan to replace the white with another colour as many have said it clashes. What colour would you change the white to in Character 1?
Anyone?

Sayara
May 7, 2013, 09:27 AM
I imagine something like a blue or a violet, that isn't so dark you know?

Arrow
May 7, 2013, 01:33 PM
I imagine something like a blue or a violet, that isn't so dark you know?

I second this.
Primarily violet.

Reia
May 7, 2013, 02:08 PM
I like the second color more from your first option! You look like an Enderman!