PDA

View Full Version : Hit a wall at 22

AgemFrostMage
May 6, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hi! I can't seem to find any way to progress past 22 and even needed to grind up to it through hardmodes and trying some tundra quests. I grinded out the second cave quest since it gives 100% EXP as the monsters are high enough but not too high.

Ezodagrom
May 6, 2013, 06:13 PM
Hi! I can't seem to find any way to progress past 22 and even needed to grind up to it through hardmodes and trying some tundra quests. I grinded out the second cave quest since it gives 100% EXP as the monsters are high enough but not too high.
Doing Client Orders can ease up the grind of leveling up.

You can also do normal mode quests and unlock more areas (tundra normal mode has lvl 21~25 enemies, tunnels has lvl 23~27, skyland has lvl 26~30, and ruins and sanctum have lvl 28~30, if I'm not mistaken).

There's an exp penalty, if an enemy is more than 4 levels higher than your level, you receive less exp than normal, so at lvl 22 you can do quests with up to lvl 26 enemies to receive full exp.

MoronSonOfBoron
May 6, 2013, 06:16 PM
Have you been filling out weapon training client orders? Don't forget the repeatable COs from Revelle and Hans, and the daily orders at the west counter (the side of the space gate that people don't all sit around at). The Matter Board can also unlock some story-related quests and COs. If you're 20+, you should have access to the Hard mode COs from Franka and Kressida in the shopping plaza.

This might've been better suited for the Quick Questions thread, (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866) for future reference.

Z-0
May 6, 2013, 06:17 PM
Have you, er, been doing Koffee's Client Orders?

'Coz I got to 25 just walking through the game with them (didn't kill anything for the most part) on a new character, so it seems weird you're stuck at 22. The last CO is the one to unlock Free Ruins.

AgemFrostMage
May 6, 2013, 06:36 PM
Have you been filling out weapon training client orders? Don't forget the repeatable COs from Revelle and Hans, and the daily orders at the west counter (the side of the space gate that people don't all sit around at). The Matter Board can also unlock some story-related quests and COs. If you're 20+, you should have access to the Hard mode COs from Franka and Kressida in the shopping plaza.

This might've been better suited for the Quick Questions thread, (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866) for future reference.

Some but others require other classes and I only did ranger so Lisa could be a companion (I really like that character ^_^ ) I've done two quests from Kressida, but the third looks too hard since it's the dessert's hardmode. To do the others I'll need to be another class. I suppose I can try the gunslash one and put one of my seven star gunslashes to work, but I was waiting to level hunter or ranger first.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 6, 2013, 06:41 PM
sanctum normal

Zorafim
May 6, 2013, 06:50 PM
There are client orders upstairs you can do. The purple haired chick wants you to S rank certain missions. She's fun and provides great exp. Then there's the brown haired chick which provides very rewarding weekly quests. It's much slower than you're used to, but it's still much faster than just grinding without them.

I'd also suggest trying to unlock all the missions you can. I'm sure that'll get you pretty high.

~Aya~
May 6, 2013, 06:54 PM
If your on ship 2 then add me

Info is in my signature.. can run quest and help you level~

plasism
May 6, 2013, 08:02 PM
There are client orders upstairs...

Huh... I always thought it was downstairs...

Zorafim
May 6, 2013, 08:54 PM
The ones downstairs are useless 20-30.

Actually, I just realized. With a recent change, you can do all hard mode quests at lv20. So my method is obsolete now. Just pick up all the unnecessarily high level client order, go MPAing in the hard tundra, and roll in the exp. You should have a much easier time than I did.

Maronji
May 6, 2013, 09:07 PM
So my method is obsolete now.
I wouldn't say it's obsolete. Rather, it's supplemental, if you have the time to do all those Client Orders in one session.

Just pick up all the unnecessarily high level client order, go MPAing in the hard tundra, and roll in the exp.
Wait... What? The only Tundra Client Orders that I can think of that you'd need to be in Hard for, because of another recent change, are any non-Zeno "Take an NPC" Client Orders, Franka's weeklies, and a few Kressida ones. (If I missed any, please let me know.)

Revelle's Mild, Mild Murder I and all of Hans's Tundra and Mines/Tunnels/Complex COs can actually be done on Normal now, and I think the rewards for those COs are still the same.

If I goofed up somewhere or misunderstood something, let me know. The above quote doesn't feel as clear as it could be to me for some reason.

Zorafim
May 7, 2013, 12:03 AM

Is any of this stuff as hard as when I did it? Should I have just waited a year before playing this game?

Alisha
May 7, 2013, 03:30 AM
its funny people always say hans but his co's gave way to little exp for the required amount of kills.

blace
May 7, 2013, 03:34 AM

Is any of this stuff as hard as when I did it? Should I have just waited a year before playing this game?
Aside from some CO's taking a dive in requirements, it's pretty much a bad method from what the game originally did.

EXP rewards are based on level and no longer give anywhere as high as what they gave before the revisions to NPC's, level caps, EXP gained, and generally the overall difficulty being bumped down when everything is now playable on normal.

AgemFrostMage
May 7, 2013, 08:49 AM
I'm going to level ranger and hunter and see if that'll unlock any quests. Will there also be ways to unlock new questing companions? I still have to unlock the hunter trainer and Zeno, Lisa, and Marlu now have a smile face next to them if that means anything.

Requiem Aeternam
May 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
You only unlock Ohza if you level up Hunter. Several of the NPCs are optained by doing story quests. The smily face just means they like you more. If you speak to Marlu though she'll give you a Grants disc.

Coatl
May 7, 2013, 09:04 AM
its funny people always say hans but his co's gave way to little exp for the required amount of kills.

*shrug* They seem fine to me. 3:

When I Taco I always pick up his Wind up puppets, his kill x60 Dragons in sanctum and Bloody Scaffolds 4 and 5 from Revelle because they are gaurenteed to complete. These are also Daily!

I also pick up Forest claws, Phantasmagoric titans from hans because they'll complete eventually if you run tacos a lot. Weather COs from Amelin, the fang banther hide CO from Franka, and Dark agrani, Rare Rig, and rare wolga in case of Darker Den.

If you make use of your COs it makes a big difference over time.

UnLucky
May 7, 2013, 03:32 PM
I never take Hans's quests because any time I complete them, he interrupts what I'm doing and I can't attack or use PAs or Techs it's really annoying and I hate him he should just die

Z-0
May 7, 2013, 03:36 PM
Bloody Scaffolds 4/5 are only guaranteed to clear if you actually kill the Mantis in the Switch room in Altar.

I don't, so I don't bother filling up a CO slot. .-.

Macman
May 7, 2013, 04:11 PM
He starts getting good and easy ones by the time you start unlocking his Tunnels stuff.

15ish Gilnach, which spawn everywhere anyway, for 8000 exp? Sure thang.
60 of any dragonkin in the sanctum for 14500? Can do!