PDA

View Full Version : JP party descriptions translations

Kayarine
May 7, 2013, 02:46 AM
Jan 22 update: Added a line about 4 VH TAs + 1 SH TA to the TA section. Cleaned up TA and EQ sections slightly.

Here are some translations of the most common instructions in Japanese pick-up groups' descriptions.

I have a lot of filler text indicated as "・・・", so if you know how to properly format/fill it in it so it's gramatically correct, that would be appreciated as well!
TA and EQ sections are entirely lacking this at the moment. Killed AQ section because it was redundant with the spreadsheet.

Please correct any mistakes too, as this was compilled by someone who knows very little Japanese and is guessing meanings off of what little she can read.

NOTE: Japanese text separated by slashes (/) indicates variations of the same text. Don't paste everything in if you're making party descriptions!

NOTE 2: Please use these words whenever you join a Japanese party! They're the bare minimum for politeness. If you're interested in more words, look at the spreadsheet linked in the AQ section.

よろしくお願いします
Pleased to meet you. (Use when you join the party and when someone else joins.)

お疲れ様でした
Good work. (Use when the party is done.)

PTありがとうございました
Thank you for the party. (Use after the above.)

Advanced Quests
Find the appropriate block.
アドバンス = Advanced

Z-0 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=75975) compiled this > spreadsheet < (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-6EPpXyDuBk1eKasUxM_9vlkSDFn5cMkZ79dxXtUBQA/edit?pli=1) with plenty of useful stuff for AQs.

Time Attacks
Find the appropriate block.
タイムアタック = Time Attack
If you don't know how to run TAs, click here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Attacks).
It's recommended that you use your main class for faster runs.
WARNING: Do NOT break the Tranmizer drop crystal before EVERYONE is in the room, because it allows all players to get drops! JP players will get upset if you do so, and you may end up getting kicked and/or blacklisted.

[spoiler-box]クロトSH5種 / TA5種類
This is usually in the party name. It means that they're going to run all 5 TAs in that difficulty.

VH4種+SH祭壇
This is usually in the party name. It means that they're going to run the first 4 VH TAs and SH Sanctum, for the SH TA CO.

Sometimes they also list the order they're going to run the TAs in the description. It's very rare for it to be anything but Nab->Nab2->Lilli->Amd->Sanctum.

On the rare occasion a party is going to do it in a different order, here are the abbreviations for each TA:
[spoiler-box]ナベ
Naberius

ナベⅡ
Naberius II

リリ
Lillipa

アム
Amduscia

祭壇
Sanctum
[/spoiler-box]

ショートカット / ショトカ
Shortcut. Usually this means the party is going to take all shortcuts in every TA.
If you want to say that you want to take shortcuts in your party description, use: ショートカット使用

マイザー箱全員
Do not break the item drop crystal from Tranmizer until everyone is present.

リリーパ1北ルート / 砂漠北ルート
Take the north shortcut in Lillipa Area 1.
This refers to the north path in the crossroad at C-4. If you go north there, you'll spawn Gilnas, Spardan A and Spargun. Once someone touches the blue fence at B-5 (killing enemies at B-5 and pressing the yellow switch are NOT necessary,) the white fence north in C-4, beyond the Gilnas/Spardan/Spargun, will disappear and the party can go through there, skipping B-4 and B-3.
(See video examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSf4IypoUUk&t=45s and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE_wQdWenV4&t=31s)

リリーパ1北× / リリーパ南ルート
Go south in Lillipa Area 1. (Don't take the shortcut mentioned above.)

アブダク破棄 / 拉致破棄
Party will cancel abduction if it happens.

アブダクいきます
(SH ONLY) Party will do abduction.

アブダク最短 / 拉致最短
(VH ONLY) Party will do abduction, but will take the shortest/fastest route to the end, avoiding bosses not required to progress (Ragne and Zesh.)

4人・・・ / 四人・・・
Start when there are 4 people in the party.
If you want to put it in your party description, use: 4人スタート

Example TA description:

マイザー箱全員 リリーパ1北ルート
アブダク最短

Wait for everyone before breaking Mizer crystal / Take north route in Lillipa Area 1
Do abduction, take shortest route[/spoiler-box]

Emergency Quests
Find a block appropriate for the difficulty you want to do the EQ in.
Normal = ノーマル, Hard = ハード, Very Hard = ベリーハード, Super Hard = スーパーハード
Note that I'm not really sure how to specify quests when it's multiple EQs in the same planet/area. The following info is best suited for standalone EQs such as Wind and Rain and Dark Falz.

[spoiler-box]緊急 = Emergency
This is in the party name if they're going to do the Emergency Quest. It's also in the text when people are asking if anyone wants to join in lobbies.
If you're making a party for people to join at counter, put 緊急SH in the name. (Replace SH according to the difficulty.)

緊急SHぐるぐる
Grinding in SH EQ (Used in party name if there's only one multi-player area in the quest)

エリア2ぐるぐる
Grinding in area 2 (Used in party description)

DF待機
Waiting for Dark Falz. This is found in party names that are going to run the Dark Falz Emergency Quest.

25分まで
Until the 25 minutes mark.
This is used only for Falz parties, when the leader will leave at :25 to switch characters.

アイテム無視
Ignore item drops. (Leader will reset without waiting for others to pick up drops.)
This is also used only for Falz parties. Leader will reset as fast as possible.

If you want to make a Falz party, start a quest in Subdue Za Oodan OR Forest Exploration (in same the difficulty of the EQ you want to do) and ask people to join there.

An example of a lobby recruitment message that asks people to join through counter is:
緊急SH@3
ザウーダンSHカウンターからどうぞ
Need 3 people for SH EQ
Please join at SH Subdue Za Oodan from counter
(Note: Both ざうーだん and ザウーダン mean Za Oodan)

If you want to ask people to join a Falz party, the message would be
DFSH@3
ザウーダンSHカウンターからどうぞ

Please change the "SH" and "3" parts according to the difficulty and number of spots in your party.[/spoiler-box]

Asdfv
May 7, 2013, 04:45 AM
I've not done AQs, but the instructions seem simple enough to grasp:

[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/1z65n5w.jpg
BYO Capsules / only kill along the way in areas 1&2
Wait at exit if it looks like a burst is coming
Defeat all trash mobs when it's Banther / properly destroy breakable parts

http://i43.tinypic.com/wtvvyc.jpg
BYOC / kill along the way / ignore excavate and collect / defeat everything in boss rooms
GO at 4 people / head for exit or corner for bursts

http://i44.tinypic.com/mmaaut.jpg
Move as group / ignore collect and excavate / BYOC / whole map
Wait at exit for bursts

http://i40.tinypic.com/693yo7.jpg
Defeat everything along the way / take down Caterdra'n first
For bursts, don't move if there are no exits or walls nearby, but if there's a hole nearby, then wait in the hole

http://i44.tinypic.com/5d1cmw.jpg
Underground Mine grinding
Whole of area 1, along the way in area 2 / stop on the way depending on PSE
Skip bothersome E Trials / search for clones and Umblla / pass leader to person with highest risk

http://i39.tinypic.com/2yowhz7.jpg
Kill along the way in maps 1&2 / ignore bothersome E Trials
Head to exit depending on burst conditions / no defeating Cater's minions

http://i41.tinypic.com/358nup4.jpg
Kill along the way in areas 1&2 / stop on the way if it looks like a burst is coming

http://i44.tinypic.com/25p3hg7.jpg
Kill along the way and advance efficiently / defeat all trash mobs only when it's Snow
Stop on the way at PSE Lv 7 / leader swap possible

http://i39.tinypic.com/24kxj69.jpg
Whole of area 1, along the way in area 2 / defeat all trash mobs when it's Quartz or Cater
defeat the two cater first / Rise equipment and TMG allowed

(Rise equipment being equipment that comes with Lucky Rise and the like and thus has not been properly affixed)[/spoiler-box]

Kayarine
May 7, 2013, 05:15 AM
Thank you very much! It's helpful to know the most common instructions in the party descriptions. Though I'm not sure what waiting at/running to the exit for bursts means... I guess it would be rushing so the burst happens near the exit.

Asdfv
May 7, 2013, 05:27 AM
Ah, I had initially thought it meant it as a way to skip over bursts, but I guess that makes more sense. So, it's probably "fight it out at the exit" rather than "wait at the exit" (the verb is left out and only implied).

Z-0
May 7, 2013, 05:35 AM
A burst near the exit is the best way to burst; bursts in the middle of the field are horribly inefficient compared to them.

At the exit / entrance, everything spawns in front of you in a small area (usually small, can be larger in case of maps like Tundra and Caves), allowing you to pick off everything extremely by standing still and spamming Cluster Bullet, Additional Bullet, Zondeel with Talis, Rafoie, whatever. You will almost always Cross Burst doing this because of how fast things die. I've been doing this for a while in Advanced Quests, and the bursts are usually always amazing, especially since I recently made myself a Metaliginis.

And obviously, exit bursts also allow any FIs or /FIs to use Brave Stance really easily.

jooozek
May 7, 2013, 05:51 AM
this OCR is good for kanji (http://maggie.ocrgrid.org/nhocr/)

Kayarine
May 7, 2013, 05:54 AM
A burst near the exit is the best way to burst; bursts in the middle of the field are horribly inefficient compared to them.

At the exit / entrance, everything spawns in front of you in a small area (usually small, can be larger in case of maps like Tundra and Caves), allowing you to pick off everything extremely by standing still and spamming Cluster Bullet, Additional Bullet, Zondeel with Talis, Rafoie, whatever. You will almost always Cross Burst doing this because of how fast things die. I've been doing this for a while in Advanced Quests, and the bursts are usually always amazing, especially since I recently made myself a Metaliginis.

And obviously, exit bursts also allow any FIs or /FIs to use Brave Stance really easily.

Ohh I see, thanks for the tip. That makes a lot of sense now, rush to the exit/entrance for bursts. Some parties also instruct to go back to the entrance with a telepipe it seems. I guess that would be done after the burst is triggered so that things will actually spawn back there.

Edit:

this OCR is good for kanji (http://maggie.ocrgrid.org/nhocr/)

I tried using a browser based OCR before and it didn't read the kanji correctly. So I didn't want to rely on it for this.

jooozek
May 7, 2013, 08:23 AM
I tried using a browser based OCR before and it didn't read the kanji correctly. So I didn't want to rely on it for this.

i'm using it for kanji passwords, didn't fail on me so far

Rololf
May 7, 2013, 08:30 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/25p3hg7.jpg
Kill along the way and advance efficiently / defeat all trash mobs only when it's Snow
Stop on the way at PSE Lv 7 / leader swap possible

Um...what does stop on the way at PSE lv7 mean?

Alenoir
May 7, 2013, 08:49 AM
Um...what does stop on the way at PSE lv7 mean?

It was meant to be "stray off to other paths when PSE Lv7 happens". The party otherwise want a speedy AD run.

Rololf
May 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks for that correction. :D

Kayarine
May 8, 2013, 03:16 AM
I edited the first post to include what I know about JP party descriptions. It's a very rough list, so if anyone has any additions and corrections to make, that would be great. Transcript of the text I currently have in images would be good too.

Also, I'm unsure what the kanji for Tundra and Tunnels are. I think the one for Tundra is correct, but if someone wants to go over it to check, it would be nice. The one I have for Tunnels is what seems to be the informal/abbreviation for it, I don't know how it's written officially. I'm also unsure if the kanji for Floating Continent is correct, but I think it is.
Edit: Checked it in-game, tundra and continent were correct and added the full name for tunnels. I don't know the full name for volcano though, but nobody uses it.

I also added a little bit about abductions under TA and an extra bit about joining EQ parties through the counter. I added the block numbers for TAs and added the difficulty names for block names under EQs.

Edit 2: Added an example of when the description says to not kill adds under AQ. Added list of abbreviations for each TA under TA.

Kayarine
May 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
No comments? Nobody found this useful?

Well, if anyone is interested in contributing to polishing this, I can take more sample screenshots of the text I'm refering to in the first post. I figure it might be difficult to fill it in without really knowing the context or something. But I also would like the current images in the first post to be written in normal text rather than images. (Mainly under the AQ section.)

I was also considering trying to fill in the text/write generic text in case people want to make their own parties too. But maybe that's not a good idea?

But if nobody is interested, then there's not much I can do to improve this.

falconox
Jul 3, 2013, 09:19 AM
Big thanks ! This is really useful, I was wondering about those advance strategy. I think it's really important to understand and respect leader strategy. I was talking to a Japanese friend and he explain me :

There are room written 遠距離武器をご用意ください , people use gunslash or long range weapon/technic because they want to stay really closer 定点バースト for the burst. And of course they stay near wall or an end map during the bust.

Maybe you already explain this in your post, I haven't finished to read this.

I saw another thing about to perform pse burst in advance quest with E-trial.
-They often separate on Mining collect, each player camping one mining machine and killing at the spawn spot.
-On E trail Key collect, 1 player run through the map getting the key during the 3 other player killing the spawn near the emergency wall.

Maybe all that tips are already listed in the forum.
Sorry for my bad English.

Rien
Jul 3, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm wondering why the hell do people ban rise equipment?

Ceresa
Jul 3, 2013, 11:38 AM

Because it's leeching. Is it fair when everyone else is using multiple attack/pp affixes for more damage while the jackass in lucky rise gets the most drops? Fuck that, fuck lucky rise, and fuck exp boost too.

Kayarine
Jul 4, 2013, 04:43 AM
Since this thread was revived, I added and corrected a few things in the first post. The TA and EQ sections should be more accurate now.

Compiling this list made me think that a lot of the stuff I put in the AQ section is supposed to be common sense in AQs, since so many parties do it and sometimes it's just assumed that everyone knows it.
I'm thinking it would be better to make a separate post or thread for general AQ instructions and tips, and only leaving specifications (like which AQs they're going to run, whether to kill adds or not, etc) in the first post/this thread. I think it would reduce clutter this way.
Idea done (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210110).

I think it's because the non-melee LR units have low S-DEF in comparison to the standard units and barely any HP affixes/bonuses, so people die more easily. Plus what was mentioned about attack affixes.

Big thanks ! This is really useful, I was wondering about those advance strategy.

I'm glad you found it useful!

I think it's really important to understand and respect leader strategy. I was talking to a Japanese friend and he explain me :

There are room written 遠距離武器をご用意ください , people use gunslash or long range weapon/technic because they want to stay really closer 定点バースト for the burst. And of course they stay near wall or an end map during the bust.

Yes, I noticed parties ask people to use ranged or tech attacks only in exit/entrance bursts. I'd like to add it to the first post, but I'm not really sure how to word it.

I saw another thing about to perform pse burst in advance quest with E-trial.
-They often separate on Mining collect, each player camping one mining machine and killing at the spawn spot.
-On E trail Key collect, 1 player run through the map getting the key during the 3 other player killing the spawn near the emergency wall.

Interesting. I know people do that with Baizes, but didn't think they'd stick around for mining codes. I also knew about the barrier codes in volcano. I don't really know how to add this to the first post though.

Coatl
Jul 4, 2013, 04:47 AM
Yes, I noticed parties ask people to use ranged or tech attacks only in exit/entrance bursts. I'd like to add it to the first post, but I'm not really sure how to word it.

It's バースト出口と角狙い, which translates to "Go to exit or corner for bursts."

Kayarine
Jul 4, 2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks, I added that to the first post.

I deleted some of the fluff on the first post since I elaborate on things more on this other thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210110), but I don't think it made much difference. ^^; Considering deleting everything about bursts since it seems nearly every party does it, but I don't know if it's a good idea since there might be parties that don't do entrance bursts or something like that.

Z-0
Jul 4, 2013, 07:39 AM
When you have ボス先行 in the description, it means to spawn the boss solo more often than not, and ignore spawning extra Caters, Wolgas, adds, etc.

I made this (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-6EPpXyDuBk1eKasUxM_9vlkSDFn5cMkZ79dxXtUBQA/edit) about a million years ago or something which has a majority of things that appear in descriptions and stuff.

Kayarine
Jul 4, 2013, 08:40 AM
Oh, so that's what it means. The fact the text samples I took always mentioned specific bosses threw me off.

I saw you posted a link to that spreadsheet once, I was trying to find it again but couldn't. I linked to it in the first post, I think it's more complete than what I have.

Kayarine
Aug 26, 2013, 08:05 AM
Updated first post with more complete text for TA parties, including copy-paste friendly text and two additions. Now you can make your very own open TA party if you can't find people to run with!

I also edited the EQ section a little bit, it should be copy-paste friendly as well. But I haven't added anything due to rarely joining randoms for EQs.

Kayarine
Sep 24, 2013, 02:01 AM
I see English players tend to ignore the description in TA parties that ask to not go north in Lillipa area 1. So I updated the first post with the text for it.

Here's the text:
リリパ1北× / リリパ南ルート
Go south in Lillipa Area 1. (Don't take the north shortcut.)

I also made some edits since the last time I posted; Those are listed on the first post.

nanakatrin
Sep 28, 2013, 06:34 PM
Omg I finally found this again XD I don't know Japanese so this is so helpful to have when doing TAs. It's a shame it's so hard to find in here considering what a good guide it is.

Remz69
Sep 28, 2013, 07:36 PM
I see English players tend to ignore the description in TA parties that ask to not go north in Lillipa area 1. So I updated the first post with the text for it.

Here's the text:
リリパ1北× / リリパ南ルート
Go south in Lillipa Area 1. (Don't take the north shortcut.)

I also made some edits since the last time I posted; Those are listed on the first post.

:o
i might be guilty of this, i see no reason not to take the north path though :-?
Very useful thread thx

Emp
Sep 28, 2013, 08:05 PM
:o
i might be guilty of this, i see no reason not to take the north path though :-?
Very useful thread thx

Its faster. 3 can go north while the other can rush to the switch on the south path then rush back, thro the north path, and meetup with the others. You decrease the amounts of mobs by 2-3(especially that gilnach core).

I do the North path all the time and it helps when ur just duoing with a friend.

Z-0
Sep 28, 2013, 10:22 PM
No, the thing says "DON'T go north", which makes no sense but ok

Probably to avoid people getting confused as to who goes where or something.

Kayarine
Sep 29, 2013, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I have no idea either. I can understand it for Vita blocks because if someone keeps going south anyway, it'll mess up spawns. But I see that rule even in PC blocks, I can only assume it's for avoiding confusion or for completing Gilnas CO.

Edit: I'll see if I can ask a mod to move this thread to the guides section to make it easier to find. I originally posted it in this section because I needed a lot of input for the first post.

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I have no idea either. I can understand it for Vita blocks because if someone keeps going south anyway, it'll mess up spawns. But I see that rule even in PC blocks, I can only assume it's for avoiding confusion or for completing Gilnas CO.

Edit: I'll see if I can ask a mod to move this thread to the guides section to make it easier to find. I originally posted it in this section because I needed a lot of input for the first post.

It wont mess up spawns. (This is coming from a vita player)

Rehal
Sep 29, 2013, 06:41 AM
It wont mess up spawns. (This is coming from a vita player)

Spawns will have very high chance of being messed up if there is one player trigger the spawn after the blue barrier in south path then run back leaving them alone.

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 07:18 AM
Spawns will have very high chance of being messed up if there is one player trigger the spawn after the blue barrier in south path then run back leaving them alone.

Ok but I still doubt it considering I almost always duo tas with my friend(Im vita and shes pc).She goes south, and I go north.

nanakatrin
Sep 30, 2013, 12:03 AM
It would be nice if they updated the Guides and Walkthroughs sticky. There's alot more guides like this one that should be added there.

Kayarine
Sep 30, 2013, 01:16 AM
Ok but I still doubt it considering I almost always duo tas with my friend(Im vita and shes pc).She goes south, and I go north.

The messed up spawns tend to happen only with random parties because someone might not know about the north shortcut and is told to go back for it after triggering spawns past the blue fence. I've actually had this happen before. You're very fortunate to have someone you know that you run TAs with consistently. :)

It would be nice if they updated the Guides and Walkthroughs sticky. There's alot more guides like this one that should be added there.

Thanks! I still haven't received a reply from the mod I contacted about moving the thread, so not much I can do. Meanwhile, I think you can subscribe to this thread so you can access it from your User CP. Or add it to your favorites so it's easy to find.

shachao
Oct 4, 2013, 02:01 PM
How will you say "S rank Killing boss" " We kill on the way to area 1 and area 2. In area 3 we go all in, but if it rare boss we break all parts."

jooozek
Mar 10, 2014, 05:14 AM
bumping because i want to know few phrases:
- Gu/Hu only party
- let the green domes in desert spawn enemies, don't destroy the domes
- ignore treasure boxes aside of red ones
- first go straight to exit, pipe back to entrance and clean the rest
- only pick up stones/capsules/rares
- when on crossroads, ignore the enemies on them and go for wings, kill the enemies after cleaning wings

Ratazana
Mar 10, 2014, 05:40 AM
bumping because i want to know few phrases:
- Gu/Hu only party
- let the green domes in desert spawn enemies, don't destroy the domes
- ignore treasure boxes aside of red ones
- first go straight to exit, pipe back to entrance and clean the rest
- only pick up stones/capsules/rares
- when on crossroads, ignore the enemies on them and go for wings, kill the enemies after cleaning wings

グフ◎ 他X ドーム破壊X 赤箱/カプセル/石/レア以外は無視 十字路を右左から片付けましょう

Do you mean to open area 3 first then pipe back to entrance?

jooozek
Mar 10, 2014, 06:00 AM
parties do it in area 1 too, setting up for going for a exit burst but yeah, to open the next area first and then finishing cleaning the first area

Ratazana
Mar 10, 2014, 07:24 AM
出口ダッシュ→パイプ→入り口

Also, lucky raise

ラキライ ◎ or X

jooozek
Mar 10, 2014, 07:26 AM
okay, thanks