PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Pre-download for May 15th update and tidbits for the future

Pages : [1] 2

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 12:15 AM
Throughout this week there it will be possible to pre-download parts of next week's update, it's possible to download the first part already, which is around 724MB.
The 2nd part will be available friday May 10 and will be around 563MB, and the 3rd part will be available monday May 13 and will be around 678MB.

UPDATE:Updating this post with everything that has been found about the 3 parts of the pre-download.

First, the posts from Agrajag.

This contains spoilers about future content, so check at your own risk.
[spoiler-box][spoiler-box]Quoting Agrajag, the one who found and posted this in some other forums I can't link here. Bolded the most interesting bit.

On the enemy side, the following enemies are now referenced (no files included in this part of the update--this is the boring part of the data directory):
MachineWolf/mecha_wolf (3 versions--MachineWolf, MachineWolfShot, MachineWolfBoost)
MarineDog/wtr_shark (1 version)
MarineTetra/wtr_tpot (a tetra is a type of fish)
MechaMineCustom/mine_cstm (MechaMine is Kindidd, from the Big Vardha fight)
MarineFlower/wtr_flower (Poison Lily's return?)
MachineCCanon/big_robot_a (possible boss?)
MachineCShield/* (no filename)
MachineCCanonRare/* (no filename)
MachineCShieldRare/* (no filename)

Monsters seem to get new (or modified) behaviors on the next difficulty up, which is currently being called... err... "SuperVeryHard". For instance, Signo Beat seems to be able to create giant holograms (or something).

And that's about all I expect to get out of this part of the client. People who enjoy ripping weapon models should have some new toys to play with.[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
New quests:
Emergency:
With Wind and Rain (雨風とともに) (see Bumped)
****************** (emergency quest, your guess is as good as mine)

Advance:
Urban and Ruins AQs have full descriptions now.
Special Survey: Sanctum (特務先遣調査:龍祭壇) (requires C capsules)

Event:
Arks GP: Preliminary Stage (アークスGP予選ステージ)
Initial Battle [placeholder] (【工事中】全国大会本戦)

XTREEEEEM (tower):
Extreme Training: Tundra and Machines (極限訓練:凍土と機甲)
Extreme Training: Forest and Dragons (極限訓練:森林と龍)
Water and Darkness Training Academy [placeholder] (水と闇の訓練所(仮))

Client orders:
Xie wants Mr. Umblla. Have fun!

Emergency trials:
Tower has four unique ones. One's a generic stage order (it can have several different requirements--compare how code: attacks can be anything), one's for fighting Elder (or arms--not sure), one looks to be a poison room (like in PSO ruins), one seems to be... err... just kill all the monsters.
Burning Rangers trial. Has absolutely no text yet, but has conditions for finding and rescuing people, adding generators(?), and a time limit.

Standard selection of new clothing, etc.

(Extreme Passes are "virtual items" that you have to view at a terminal, so presumably they work like PSU's training passes.)[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
Looks like ******************* is how they dummy out text now, guess they're tired of people like me ripping out things about the FUTURE, heh.

Random snippets from the text files:
Rare Goronzoran is named "Zoron Goraal" (ゾロン・ゴラール).
There's a team room attendant named "Ricardo" (リカルド). The others are uninteresting.
There's a "Favors Dewmans" character trait (デューマン好き).
The bird(bird(crow)) enemy type is "Chimera"; there's a character trait for fighting them (キメラ狙い).
There are 6 new item affixes--Alter Arma, Alter Tiro, Alter Magia, Flict Arma, Flict Tiro, Flict Magia. Basically souls (Alter's +30 HP/+20 *attack stat*, Flict is +3 PP/+20 *attack stat*).
"Arks Road" is a thing. It has ranks, and cards with rewards.
Bingo cards: Also exist. Appear to be like bingo cards, but I don't know the specifics (I think they're CO-ish?).
"Katana" and "Compound Bow" are the confirmed weapon names ("カタナ" and "コンパウンドボウ").
Event quests are "Limited Quests" (期間限定クエスト), for the 3 of you who care about naming conventions.
Swordarcher's real name is "Braver" (ブレイバー).[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Icons from all the parts of the pre-download in single pictures, the weapon icons are separated by weapon type, and also organized a bit the picture with the clothes. ^^
[spoiler-box]Weapons (the gemini twin daggers and bouquet wand, those are repeated because they actually have 2 icons, it seems that one is a weapon and the other is camouflage?):
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4120/weapons150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Clothes:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img818/698/clothes150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Room stuff:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img405/5384/room150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Enemies:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img824/3232/enemies150513.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Some pictures that were posted by Manta Oyamada.

First the list of small icons:
[spoiler-box]http://i.minus.com/ibm3filvos72u6.png[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]Accessories and make-up:
[spoiler-box]http://i.minus.com/iAamFZSFLJV4I.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And a few Extreme Quests related pictures:
[spoiler-box]http://i.minus.com/ixOfc7zERpgdN.png http://i.minus.com/iscV9Cb8y82cR.png

http://i.minus.com/ioPCeqKZOgoxt.png http://i.minus.com/idMVyruu0T530.png

http://i.minus.com/iNUDbJce3pSet.png http://i.minus.com/iw7m06E3qRVlX.png
[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Also more make-up and accessory related icons that were posted by Z-0:
[spoiler-box]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/up52186_zps8c5ac074.png[/spoiler-box]

blace
May 8, 2013, 12:19 AM
Sega is getting lazy with names.

Nice to see some more clothing from PSU and that first weapon is definately a katana.

UnLucky
May 8, 2013, 12:23 AM
Marine Dog

wtr_shark

Xaeris
May 8, 2013, 12:23 AM
lol, "SuperVeryHard." That's probably just its name in code. Some of those new weapons look pretty neat. I imagine a few of them are the 11* Tower drops. The TMG in particular remind me of Entou Jyuu from Katanagatari.

As for the clothes...look, Sega, men look awesome in long coats. I agree with this. I believe this. But ffs, enough. How many do we have now? Make me something else.

Laxedrane
May 8, 2013, 12:24 AM
If that sword a wand, I want it<3. That partisan pretty sexy too. Not a mech users but those guns look super super super sexy. What's the Bouquet though?

Also which thing is the mag? I see 3 possibilities.

Xaeris
May 8, 2013, 12:26 AM
I'm guessing the Mr. Umbla is the mag.

Laxedrane
May 8, 2013, 12:27 AM
I'm guessing the Mr. Umbla is the mag.

I want O.O

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 12:28 AM
Also which thing is the mag? I see 3 possibilities.
Mr. Umblla is the mag. ^^

Marine Dog

wtr_shark
SEGA's internal names for PSO2 enemies can be rather "interesting" sometimes (Dinian - DragonRizardMan). :wacko:

blace
May 8, 2013, 12:30 AM
SEGA's internal names for PSO2 enemies can be rather "interesting" sometimes (Dinian - DragonRizardMan). :wacko:
Except the latter is what it is.

I want to see what the Marine Dog/Watr shark is now.

Arialle
May 8, 2013, 12:33 AM
more infinity costumes....but no nagisa's outfit ...i ish sad

and...priest costumes?? seriously??

and the shining series costumes wont have color variations huh

Alisha
May 8, 2013, 12:37 AM
only ursula replica interests me

Shadowth117
May 8, 2013, 12:44 AM
URSULA REPCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Laxedrane
May 8, 2013, 12:45 AM

My guess is this is only half the outfit variations.(The other half will be there next weeks update) Since the Female priesty outfit only has one up there and like hell would sega ever do that to their highest paying customers>.>

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 12:52 AM

This is just the 1st part of the pre-download, so most likely the list of icons is incomplete. It's likely that there will be more icons in one of the next parts.

Xaeris
May 8, 2013, 01:01 AM
On another thought, yet another outfit gets replicated (or repcated, I should say) before Voloyal or Laia's. Sega, I am disappoint.

blace
May 8, 2013, 01:02 AM
The costumes are from Phantasy Star Portable 2, pre Infinity.

Still, two more precede updates in the next couple of days.

Zenobia
May 8, 2013, 01:07 AM
Woot dat Ursala Replica was diggin around myself and found them as well.

*Still wonder if I should get Phantom Queen or not*

LOLING at the saw'd off shotgun twin mechs? and 2 of the above weps appeal to me wonder which ones will be tower exclusive.

*Waits*

SakoHaruo
May 8, 2013, 01:27 AM
hot dam that sword is smexy as hell!

and is it time for Crimson Viper cosplay?

Keiko_Seisha
May 8, 2013, 01:40 AM
Oh wow, they actually put in the Ursula Repca color that I rocked for the longest time in PSP2(i), I guess I know one outfit I'm gonna get.

Lebensohl
May 8, 2013, 01:42 AM
I want that rifle... I hope it is some sort of skin too

Lumpen Thingy
May 8, 2013, 01:58 AM
So the final impact might end up being a launcher I see...well that made me die a little on the inside.

Tyreek
May 8, 2013, 01:59 AM
Fauma set for females. lol And its about time Goranzoran had a rare variation. Should have had it at the start in my opinion.

TaigaUC
May 8, 2013, 02:45 AM
I'm looking at the files now too. Here's a list of interesting stuff I found after browsing through images from the first "precede". Some of this info may be old or incorrect:

Hairstyles:
- Casual Up (like "Straight Up", but with "Casual" front, likely to be FUN scratch)
- Panis hair
- Hayane Fubuki hair
- Sakuya hair

Accessories:
- Patty and Tia SD doll side pouch thing
- Several flowery hair accessories, some small and some large
- Volcano Packer alternate color versions
- A massive coffin chained to the back of your character, looks like it drags along behind you
- Feathered wings accessory (looks like it adjusts to your current costume color)
- Devil/bat wings (black with purple membranes)
- Several kinds of single and double large/small ribbon/bow hair accessories
- Two kinds of "third eye", one is small and white and the other is larger and red
- A wristlet with a flower on it
- Cartoony "skull" mask
- Twin balls twin-tails hair-tying accessory
- Gemini-themed (black and gold) earrings and stickers

Body paint:
- A few new makeup options

Costume colors:
- Sakura: default (blackish), intense purple
- Fubuki: default (lavender), pink, red, white, bluish-grey
- Panis: default (white), blue, orange, green
- Grouch: default (pink coat/green shirt), black coat/white shirt, brown coat/white shirt, white coat/white shirt, indigo coat/green shirt
- Priest (male) colors: black, dark bluish-purple, red

Weapons:
- Golden Sweet Candy wand
- Gold-blue Egyptian-themed partisan
- A white and pink triple wedding cake partisan (see attached image)
- Gemini twin daggers weapon camo (see attached image)
- Many recolors of existing 10 stars and other weapons, probably for the Extreme Quest 11 stars, or upgrades from new AQs (eg. Gloam sword, Blova double sabers, etc)
- Recolors of the badge system weapons (eg. launcher, pitcher's glove, brooms)

Misc:
- A new half-doll system for use when dead. Does not seem to be AC.

Syklo
May 8, 2013, 02:49 AM
wat.
FC-themed swords?

blace
May 8, 2013, 02:51 AM
wat.
FC-themed swords?
Look like launchers/rifles to me.

Jakosifer
May 8, 2013, 02:51 AM
YEAH MORE DONTES

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2013, 02:58 AM
I'm looking at the files now too. Looks like the next FUN scratch hairstyle may be "Casual Up", ie. like "Straight Up" but with the "Casual" front bangs.

I GOTTA see whether or not this looks stupid.. o_o

Need shounen protag hair let's go! /claps 3 times

Jakosifer
May 8, 2013, 03:07 AM
Fuck all that, need Vol brothers WHATSGUD pose and Ethans finger flick.

Syklo
May 8, 2013, 03:08 AM
Look like launchers/rifles to me.
EVEN WOOOORSE D:

Theme all weapons plox!

blace
May 8, 2013, 03:11 AM
EVEN WOOOORSE D:

Theme all weapons plox!
This is the first part of the precede content. We still have 2 more precede updates. Who knows, they'll leave swords out and make them based on mines.

TaigaUC
May 8, 2013, 03:35 AM
I GOTTA see whether or not this looks stupid.. o_o

Need shounen protag hair let's go! /claps 3 times

It just looks like all the other "casual" hairstyles, with a bun on the back. Can barely see the bun from the angle of the icon screenshot.

Para
May 8, 2013, 03:41 AM
Im down for ursula repca.

TaigaUC
May 8, 2013, 04:11 AM
Attached an image of the wedding cake partisan and Gemini-themed twin dagger weapon camo.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2972252&postcount=23

The "Casual Up" hairstyle model doesn't seem to be in precede 1.

Zenobia
May 8, 2013, 05:17 AM
Yo im liking those twin Dagger weapon camo's<3

Syklo
May 8, 2013, 05:27 AM
Twin daggers asymmetrically designed???

Do want.

Requiem Aeternam
May 8, 2013, 05:51 AM
Icons for enemies (rare version of a current mini boss, icons for a few seasonal rappies):
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img560/4630/enemiesp1.png[/spoiler-box]

I think the rare Goranzoran looks badass. Gonna crop it and use it as my profile pic when I get access to my desktop. The rappies are cute too ^^

The new outfits and stuff are cool but I don't think I'll be buying any of them. Trying to save my meseta for the Sato device and, since I don't have a clue how to do TA, I need to avoid spending it as much as possible.

BIG OLAF
May 8, 2013, 06:08 AM
Fuckin'. Ursula. Replica.

They don't have the white/blue one from PSU though, goddamnit.

That shiny burgundy suit doesn't look too shabby either. Wonder how long it's going to take SEGA to even add all this stuff.

AgemFrostMage
May 8, 2013, 06:21 AM
I see I'm not the only person who doesn't like launchers, takes too long to set up and you can't dodge out of the way with them =( Not only can't you dodge but the monsters have no problem dodging you I only used launchers for the weapon quests.

Gardios
May 8, 2013, 06:29 AM
Priest clothes gimme gimme gimme

HIT0SHI
May 8, 2013, 06:35 AM
Final impact as a launcher? I wantz it!

Bellion
May 8, 2013, 07:30 AM
Lame. I want actual shotguns. :/

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 07:49 AM
Fuckin'. Ursula. Replica.

They don't have the white/blue one from PSU though, goddamnit.

That shiny burgundy suit doesn't look too shabby either. Wonder how long it's going to take SEGA to even add all this stuff.
This is just the first part of the pre-download, the list of icons is incomplete.
These types of outfits have been released with 6 colours lately, so it's likely that there are 2 colours missing from the list for both Ursula and Kraz outfits (probably the icons list will be complete either in the 2nd or the 3rd part of the pre-download).

Reiketsu
May 8, 2013, 08:21 AM
The enemies sound quite interesting and finally! Ursula's clothes!! <3
Been so waiting for this >_<
Also really like the clothes below the red navigator uniform...

Manta Oyamada
May 8, 2013, 11:12 AM
EPISODE 2 http://i.minus.com/ibaHAAXFECjtwv.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqx80r6zrb4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqx80r6zrb4

Alenoir
May 8, 2013, 11:30 AM
TMG (and maybe the partisan too) in the same series as Nishiki? Do want. ^q^

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2013, 11:33 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaat they made gemini daggers...?

Figures...

Was either that, fists, WL, or twin mechguns...

Vintasticvin
May 8, 2013, 11:53 AM
I am soooo looking forward to collecting the outfits of this scratch series even if theres clothes my cast and Caseal cannot wear :D (plus should I choose to sell my unwanteds you can count on VintastiMart to have them on sale at smile inducing prices)

Zyrusticae
May 8, 2013, 01:11 PM
Still waiting for Laia Repca.

Still waiting.

And waiting.

Waiting some more.

Yep. Gonna just keep on waitin'.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 02:32 PM
This is just the first part of the pre-download, the list of icons is incomplete.
These types of outfits have been released with 6 colours lately, so it's likely that there are 2 colours missing from the list for both Ursula and Crouch? (was this his name?) outfits (probably the icons list will be complete either in the 2nd or the 3rd part of the pre-download).

His English name is Kraz, his name was roughly translated as Crouch in the JP version though.

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 02:33 PM
His English name is Kraz, his name was roughly translated as Crouch in the JP version though.
Ah, thanks. ^^;

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
I wonder if they'll introduce the Vanguard class and an advanced version of it to coincide with the release of Dhumans. I also wonder if they'll give us the chance to change our character's race somehow. Maybe through a story mechanic or a change race into Dhuman pass?

@Ezodagram. Didn't you play the portable games? I could have sworn I used to see you over there sometimes.

blace
May 8, 2013, 02:53 PM
If anything Sega has done so far, you'll most likely have to start a new character for the race.

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 02:56 PM
I wonder if they'll introduce the Vanguard class and an advanced version of it to coincide with the release of Dhumans. I also wonder if they'll give us the chance to change our character's race somehow. Maybe through a story mechanic or a change race into Dhuman pass?

@Ezodagram. Didn't you play the portable games? I could have sworn I used to see you over there sometimes.
I only played offline through the story mode of PSPo2, I don't have my own PSP. ^^;
When it comes to new classes, seems like the next new class will be able to use both katanas and compound bows, I'm guessing that may be the start of new hybrid classes?

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 03:02 PM
If anything Sega has done so far, you'll most likely have to start a new character for the race.
It being Sega and you probably right I won't be holding my breath, but it would be nice if they surprised us for once. They did finally come to their senses and give out skill tree resets for anyone who wanted one after they updated them, and they are now doing that every time they do that. So I'm hoping they'll be smart about this. If not, well I was already considering remaking my character again and this will just force me to do so as Dhumans will likely be the class that has good stats for all of the offense stats, and bad numbers for all of the defense stats(which if you're like me, you wouldn't notice the difference because if you're like me then you've been playing as a FIHUnewm for the past few months).

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 03:50 PM
Stupid question: What was the vanguard class? As in, hunters had swords, rangers had guns, forces had techs, what was the vanguard's deal?

Neith
May 8, 2013, 03:55 PM
Ursula outfit...all my money. :wacko:

If I remember correctly gigawuts, Vanguard could use some traps (even some EX traps) and had stupidly high EVP so you just evaded everything at high level. That is until Sega nerfed the hell out of it in Infinity :lol:

jooozek
May 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407311
check the "type extend" section

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 04:05 PM
Stupid question: What was the vanguard class? As in, hunters had swords, rangers had guns, forces had techs, what was the vanguard's deal?
It was the Jack-of-All-Trades, Master of none class. It was also a good fit with lighter weapons that did more damage over time DPS.

BIG OLAF
May 8, 2013, 04:07 PM

Traps. Completely unbalanced, ridiculous traps. :lol:

Xaeris
May 8, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sounds to me like they'd fit right in then.

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 04:23 PM
Oh, ok.

Yeah, I can completely see this new swordarcher class being the vanguard. One ranged weapon, one melee weapon, and probably techs too.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 04:33 PM
Oh, ok.

Yeah, I can completely see this new swordarcher class being the vanguard. One ranged weapon, one melee weapon, and probably techs too.
And from the looks of things they'll get katanas, shotguns, and at least barehanded techs, or katanas, bows, and at least barehanded techs. They're implementing a gun that looks like PSO1's shotguns so...

BIG OLAF
May 8, 2013, 04:34 PM
They're implementing a gun that looks like PSO1's shotguns so...

I'm sure it'll be a launcher.

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 04:35 PM
If you mean the Final Impact, that's probably just another launcher like the other PSO1 launcher re-releases have been. If you mean the twin shotguns, those are probably twin mechs, unfortunately.

I agree that shotguns would be a good addition, but it doesn't look like they're coming.

edit: I don't mean PSO1's shots would be a good addition, I mean actual shotguns that look and function like other game shotguns, like additional bullet does.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 04:42 PM
If you mean the Meteor Impact, that's probably just another launcher like the other PSO1 launcher re-releases have been. If you mean the twin shotguns, those are probably twin mechs, unfortunately.

I agree that shotguns would be a good addition, but it doesn't look like they're coming.

edit: I don't mean PSO1's shots would be a good addition, I mean actual shotguns that look and function like other game shotguns, like additional bullet does.
I knew the sawn offs were mechs. I wasn't as sure about Meteor Impact though as it was originally a shot. Although, space age shotguns are hard to do properly really. Just look at games like the Star Wars Battlefront series, at least Elite Squadron had a shotgun in that one and it shot out about 4-5 lasers that were in a near fixed position.

blace
May 8, 2013, 05:46 PM
I know I'm late on this, but returning to Vanguards for a moment, their weapon proficiency were geared towards single handed weapons early game.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 06:02 PM
I know I'm late on this, but returning to Vanguards for a moment, their weapon proficiency were geared towards single handed weapons early game.
Exactly, I was saying something similar in this thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207341 in the PSP section.

Ce'Nedra
May 8, 2013, 06:05 PM
Vanguard Female Newman with Deband was so broken in PSP2, I was lv130 and could take on lv180s without a hit (they all missed) unless they had a aura or as boss. When I took a hit however (and magic still did hit all the time) I often died in 1 or 2 hits due to low hp. Also EX traps make short work of every boss.

Just Assault Crushed my way through the hardest S rank quests without any risk if I payed attention, aside the boss :3

blace
May 8, 2013, 06:11 PM
Newmans had the highest EVA endgame with Beasts trailing by a few points. EVA was the most broken stat.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 06:17 PM
Vanguard Female Newman with Deband was so broken in PSP2, I was lv130 and could take on lv180s without a hit (they all missed) unless they had a aura or as boss. When I took a hit however (and magic still did hit all the time) I often died in 1 or 2 hits due to low hp. Also EX traps make short work of every boss.

Just Assault Crushed my way through the hardest S rank quests without any risk if I payed attention, aside the boss :3
And then they nerfed it just ever so slightly in PSP2I to fix that. They won't make that mistake again though, because we don't have any evasion.

Emp
May 8, 2013, 06:50 PM
So the new light blue dress comes without the wing? If so, thats a turn off.

Ezodagrom
May 8, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm guessing the wing may be a separate accessory.
Personally I'm glad, I went from not being interested at all in the outfit to considering getting it.

Emp
May 8, 2013, 06:57 PM
I'm guessing the wing may be a separate accessory.
Personally I'm glad, I went from not being interested at all in the outfit to considering getting it.

But the wing was like the thing that made it moe. Just more money if I have to buy it separately. Guess I'll save up another 3 million meseta and buy that Black Ark uniform. Thanks Sega :/

Cyron Tanryoku
May 8, 2013, 07:11 PM
I originally was considering the Ursula outfit

But then I got a close look at the pants

TaigaUC
May 8, 2013, 07:32 PM

My earlier post listing some of the precede contents lists the wings as a separate accessory.

If you mean the Final Impact, that's probably just another launcher like the other PSO1 launcher re-releases have been. If you mean the twin shotguns, those are probably twin mechs, unfortunately.

I wish they'd stop making weapons that look like they belong in other classes. For example, there are a bunch of rods and wands that look like they should or could be rods AND wands.

Gama
May 8, 2013, 07:40 PM
Priest clothes gimme gimme gimme

this!!!!!

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 07:52 PM
My earlier post listing some of the precede contents lists the wings as a separate accessory.

I wish they'd stop making weapons that look like they belong in other classes. For example, there are a bunch of rods and wands that look like they should or could be rods AND wands.

The worst offender here is the gudda skella - a knuckle from PSU released as a wired lance, "confirming" that knuckles would never come out to many people around here. Daylight scars and another dagger or two fell victim to that, too.

Oh, but then Fighter came out with both of those weapon types.

Still waiting on claws, though.

blace
May 8, 2013, 08:01 PM
The worst offender here is the gudda skella - a knuckle from PSU released as a wired lance, "confirming" that knuckles would never come out to many people around here. Daylight scars and another dagger or two fell victim to that, too.

Still waiting on claws, though.

Claws will probably be introduced as a single hand weapon. Otherwise the Nei Claws are a clear indicator for what they'll end up being.

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I really hope they return as a single hand weapon instead of the double handed weapon. Double handed claws always felt a bit silly.

Laxedrane
May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I really hope they return as a single hand weapon instead of the double handed weapon. Double handed claws always felt a bit silly.

I get that impression too from the almost just flailing about a bit melee attacks and unrealistic PAs. If they actually attempted to explore and motion capture how someone actually might fight with dual claws maybe it feel less "Because we had dual wield options for everything else" of em.

However, I am also in the camp of wanting single handed claws over 2.

blace
May 8, 2013, 10:50 PM
People criticized me during my PSPo2 days for using a single claw or claws in general. Granted, flailing your arm around isn't effective, but the PAs were pretty flashy.

I still remember that one PA for dual claws that made you fly around like a dolphin and swimming in the air. It was interesting to say the least.

gigawuts
May 8, 2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that was absurd.

Claws could easily be about grapples and heavy hitting swipes, with more oomph than they had in previous games where it was just ordinary arm flailing. I liked the vibe from PSO1, give that some PA's with grabs and wolverine style swipes and I'm sold.

It was probably my favorite weapon class from PSO1, but I never got to use it much since there wasn't really a huge selection of them to choose from.

blace
May 8, 2013, 11:03 PM
To be fair, dual claws had a swipe PA similar to knuckles Pendulum Roll or Wolverines swipes. It was simple and effective, whereas the PA I mentioned above yours didn't do anything but become comedic value.

Alisha
May 8, 2013, 11:15 PM
uhhh dual claws were one of the strongest melee weapons in infinity as were single claws.

blace
May 8, 2013, 11:22 PM
uhhh dual claws were one of the strongest melee weapons in infinity as were single claws.
I was talking about vanilla. Everyone preferred the damage output from dual sabers and double sabers. The damage wasn't that great on claws, but it was quick enough to put out about as much damage.

Mikessc88
May 8, 2013, 11:24 PM
Misc:
That sounds interesting, at least there is info on something not related to playing dress up.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 02:51 AM
I still remember that one PA for dual claws that made you fly around like a dolphin and swimming in the air. It was interesting to say the least.

Oh, what? I have to see that. Do you recall what it was called?

Oh yeah, and there are some weapons that have the exact same model for different types... like the Blitz Slugger.

blace
May 9, 2013, 03:04 AM
Oh, what? I have to see that. Do you recall what it was called?

I had to dig out my PSP and load up the game to see what it was. The PA that did the dolphin dive was Chueji Tosshin. The swimming PA, I thought it was a dual claw PA, now I need to look around a bit more.

On a somewhat related note, I did find the new PA showcase video for PSPo2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnB78UA-sbc

Kinda brings me back to release when the only people that had illegitimate characters where those that converted their JP save for use with US/EU versions.

Alisha
May 9, 2013, 03:39 AM
watching that makes me hate the pa system in this game even more.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 03:56 AM
I had to dig out my PSP and load up the game to see what it was. The PA that did the dolphin dive was Chueji Tosshin. The swimming PA, I thought it was a dual claw PA, now I need to look around a bit more.

On a somewhat related note, I did find the new PA showcase video for PSPo2.

Thanks for the link and for looking around.

Those PAs look pretty bizarre. The gameplay seems slow-paced, too. I wish there were more games with heavier focus on defense and counter-attacking. It's kinda dull running around mowing down mindless enemies all the time.

blace
May 9, 2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the link and for looking around.

Those PAs look pretty bizarre. The gameplay seems slow-paced, too. I wish there were more games with heavier focus on defense and counter-attacking. It's kinda dull running around mowing down mindless enemies all the time.
What was more bizarre was that a shield and a slicer were steaming hot pizzas.

Zenobia
May 9, 2013, 04:43 AM
But the wing was like the thing that made it moe. Just more money if I have to buy it separately. Guess I'll save up another 3 million meseta and buy that Black Ark uniform. Thanks Sega :/

I knew it and I called it that black wing was an accessory after all LMFAO that wing is gonna be super expensive just watch.

Zenobia
May 9, 2013, 04:45 AM
Still waiting for Laia Repca.

Still waiting.

And waiting.

Waiting some more.

Yep. Gonna just keep on waitin'.

I so agree with this post Laia Repca DO WANT

Syklo
May 9, 2013, 05:25 AM
What is this wing you speak of?

Xaeris
May 9, 2013, 05:31 AM
The one that appeared on the back of the Panis outfit when they were first previewed.

Syklo
May 9, 2013, 05:43 AM
The one that appeared on the back of the Panis outfit when they were first previewed.
I don't know this panis outfit.

Xaeris
May 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
It shows up here: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-goes-extreme-with-extreme-quests/

Syklo
May 9, 2013, 06:16 AM
Oh....
Not big enough I'd say

And vol wings look cooler.

Heck there should be unit camos.

Reiketsu
May 9, 2013, 06:42 AM
One single wing is quite silly, anyways...

People criticized me during my PSPo2 days for using a single claw or claws in general. Granted, flailing your arm around isn't effective, but the PAs were pretty flashy.

That's exactly why they should bring Dual Claws back. They've always been my favorite weapon by far. Everything about them was love <3

BIG OLAF
May 9, 2013, 07:06 AM
Sougacho Sekka and Renzan Seidan-ga made twin claws absolutely awesome in PSP2/i. Renzan Seidan-ga was also my go-to move in PSU, as well. Shit was powerful.

Punisher106
May 9, 2013, 07:13 AM
Surprised that nobody is bringing up that Scape Doll in that picture. Could us free players perhaps have a shot at being autorevived?

Also, gonna bring it up yet again. SHIZURU REPLICA, SEGA. I WANT THE GOD DAMN SHIZURU REPLICA.

Zenobia
May 9, 2013, 07:17 AM
They also need to bring back the President outfit Laia Wore in AOTI.

Gypsy72
May 9, 2013, 07:38 AM
Is there any indication on what elements the new enemies will be weak to?

Ezodagrom
May 9, 2013, 07:55 AM
Surprised that nobody is bringing up that Scape Doll in that picture. Could us free players perhaps have a shot at being autorevived?

Also, gonna bring it up yet again. SHIZURU REPLICA, SEGA. I WANT THE GOD DAMN SHIZURU REPLICA.
This:

Punisher106
May 9, 2013, 08:10 AM
Really, Ezo? I searched "Scape Doll" and "scapedoll", and I got no matches. How's it gonna work? Revive with half HP, I guess.

Emp
May 9, 2013, 08:11 AM

Noooo. Thats the thing I dont want to see. Seen too much of it in psp2/infinity.

Punisher106
May 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
Noooo. Thats the thing I dont want to see. Seen too much of it in psp2/infinity.

My human looked so damn good in that outfit, though. '^'

Probably the best he's looked in any PS game.

~Aya~
May 9, 2013, 08:19 AM
They need to add up to 6 accessory slots and allow free hair color change already.. i mean.. seriously.. wanna pay 500 AC cause you wanna make your hair a little brighter in the same color? I sure dont.................

Reiketsu
May 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
Really, Ezo? I searched "Scape Doll" and "scapedoll", and I got no matches. How's it gonna work? Revive with half HP, I guess.

Half HP would be too generous, though, if it's a non-AC item.
This is SEGA, after all. The 'half' probably means something like it will only work half the time and when it does work, it either revives you with only 1 HP or for a limited amount of time... like 10 seconds before you drop dead again, lol

They need to add up to 6 accessory slots and allow free hair color change already.. i mean.. seriously.. wanna pay 500 AC cause you wanna make your hair a little brighter in the same color? I sure dont.................

And yes, that sure would be nice...

EvilMag
May 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
It could be like v2 where scape dolls would only heal you with 1 HP.

~Aya~
May 9, 2013, 08:25 AM
Half HP would be too generous, though, if it's a non-AC item.
This is SEGA, after all. The 'half' probably means something like it will only work half the time and when it does work, it either revives you with only 1 HP or for a limited amount of time... like 10 seconds before you drop dead again, lol

No, they just figured out that.. "yeah. Scape dolls costing money to do something that anyone with a moon could do.. yeah.. nothing really important enough to justify wasting AC on scape dolls... sales are down... free modo!! That will shut them up~"

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 08:26 AM
This:

Thanks. It really is hard to find and easy to miss stuff on this forum, though.

Basically, the precede has tutorial images of a dead person with an extra option for "revive using half-doll", and it didn't have an AC icon next to it like the scape doll.

Reiketsu
May 9, 2013, 08:28 AM
No, they just figured out that.. "yeah. Scape dolls costing money to do something that anyone with a moon could do.. yeah.. nothing really important enough to justify wasting AC on scape dolls... sales are down... free modo!! That will shut them up~"

But in that case, they'd just remove the AC cost on Scape Dolls instead of adding a new Scape Doll type.

EvilMag
May 9, 2013, 08:29 AM
Honestly with what they're doing with the half scape doll is the same thing they're doing with myroom. They realize that nobody is buying the 30 day myroom passes so they put the 3 day myroom passes in the excube shop and made them common as fuck in the FUN scratch.

~Aya~
May 9, 2013, 08:32 AM
But in that case, they'd just remove the AC cost on Scape Dolls instead of adding a new Scape Doll type.

Thats just me being non serious again cause.. they aren't ever gonna remove something from AC shop.

Would like like more cake to go with the 500 others i sent you? 8D

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
Maybe it revives you with a 50% chance of sudden death 10 seconds later.

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 10:19 AM
Or maybe it just revives you 50% of the time.

That's what I'm really betting on.

edit:

Honestly with what they're doing with the half scape doll is the same thing they're doing with myroom. They realize that nobody is buying the 30 day myroom passes so they put the 3 day myroom passes in the excube shop and made them common as fuck in the FUN scratch.

And yes, they're hoping people get a taste of it and want to buy the real thing.

Except that's not how it works because players will get frustrated and not want to spend money.

Sega is making some serious novice mistakes with this shit. They're basically racketeers in their own game, trying to piss off their own players until they say fuck it and buy a shortcut except in the real world players just say fuck it and play something else after a while, never to spend money on what infuriated them so much again.

Emp
May 9, 2013, 10:56 AM
My human looked so damn good in that outfit, though. '^'

Probably the best he's looked in any PS game.

I understand but when you see every male character in psp2/infinity wear his outfit, sport his hair and do his poses, you get sick of seeing anything shizuru related.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 11:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eeSUvLW.png

What is this?
I know the third type of darkers are coming with the water planet, the 'Aquatic' darkers to compliment the Stone and Insect darkers. This certainly seems like a Darker of some type, but with Falz colors.
Could it be a third form of Falz? Or possibly just a new regular Darker boss?

Punisher106
May 9, 2013, 11:32 AM
I understand but when you see every male character in psp2/infinity wear his outfit, sport his hair and do his poses, you get sick of seeing anything shizuru related.

It's like Gettemhart, or even Dudu. :lol:

Besizes, I don't use the ponytail look. I got that moderate-length, anime hair that seems to be the default when you're making humans in PSP2. Also mine was white. :T

Alisha
May 9, 2013, 02:24 PM
scapes dolls really arent at all needed. they were only useful in PSPo2 because there was certain quests where death without a scape meant a failure for the party. really a lot of AC items are a mess. really 100% exp boosters should last an hour to make them worth it over 75%'s

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 02:25 PM
An hour?

Fuck that, if it costs money it better last my whole night.

~Aya~
May 9, 2013, 02:30 PM
An hour?

Fuck that, if it costs money it better last my whole night.

LOL this.. or like 3 hours if you wanna be real about it since they wanna make more money.. but yeah.. that 30 min thing a joke ..

yoshiblue
May 9, 2013, 02:41 PM

Should have added more awesome male suits then. More male suits!

Emp
May 9, 2013, 05:39 PM
Should have added more awesome male suits then. More male suits!

Sega likes to support g.i.r.l(guy in real life) and female players.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sega likes to support g.i.r.l(guy in real life) and female players.
They should also support guys who play male characters. Isn't this sexual discrimination too?

blace
May 9, 2013, 07:06 PM
Other games I've played released new outfits for both genders at the same time every contenr update. Only Sega has broken the norm and put forth more time making female outfits.

Quatre52
May 9, 2013, 07:07 PM
They put out male outfits...they just happen to be awful outfits..

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 07:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eeSUvLW.png

What is this?
I know the third type of darkers are coming with the water planet, the 'Aquatic' darkers to compliment the Stone and Insect darkers. This certainly seems like a Darker of some type, but with Falz colors.
Could it be a third form of Falz? Or possibly just a new regular Darker boss?

>ask about interesting looking enemy
>everyone wants to talk about the lack of male outfits in the first portion of the precede download.

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 07:17 PM
>ask about interesting looking enemy
>everyone wants to talk about the lack of male outfits in the first portion of the precede download.

To be fair, this discussion has been had a few times already.

It has a design somewhat reminiscent of Olga Flow (and other ep 2 dark enemies, but also ep 4 dark enemies), with the selection of colors, patterns, and wiggly wavely bits. This makes sense, seeing as the next planet is pretty much Gal Da Val: The Planet.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 07:17 PM
They put out male outfits...they just happen to be awful outfits..
And they only do it once a month or every other month or once a year or so...

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 07:19 PM
Doing a ton of female outfits is just smart business. Not only are there a ton more female characters in the game than male characters, but sex sells. That's not gender discrimination anymore than making more meatbag outfits than cast parts is racism.

It becomes gender discrimination when they give AC discounts based on whether you ticked the M box or the F box during account creation.

Punisher106
May 9, 2013, 11:16 PM
Come to think of it, Females seem to have an edge over males in THEIR RACE'S SPECIALTY in terms of inane stats. Female Newmans are more competent than male ones, and I think Caseals have an edge over male casts, etc.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 11:26 PM
Doing a ton of female outfits is just smart business. Not only are there a ton more female characters in the game than male characters, but sex sells. That's not gender discrimination anymore than making more meatbag outfits than cast parts is racism.

It becomes gender discrimination when they give AC discounts based on whether you ticked the M box or the F box during account creation.

People often say "sex sells", but I think it's more like "beauty sells". If given the chance, most anyone would want to be beautiful and/or look at beautiful people. Humans rely heavily on sight and physical appearance, and so are naturally attracted to pleasing aesthetics. It doesn't have to be sexual at all, but it does have to be attractive/appealing. They aren't the same thing.

Sadly, most guys aren't considered "beautiful" or even "aesthetically pleasing" to either males and females. For example, males don't look good in the same outfits females wear, but females can look good in both. Everyone's perception of beauty is different, but there are some common aesthetics that are valued.

Some may argue that everyone only likes specific kinds of idealized females, but I know for a fact that there are people out there who like females that are generally considered "ugly". I don't think the same can be said for males. They have to rely much more heavily on non-physical traits for social acceptance, such as personality or the size of their paycheck.

It's just the way nature has things set up. Not sure what we can do about that other than try not to discriminate.

TL;DR: A person can appreciate beauty without it being sexual. I think people tend to confuse the two because they're often closely associated.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 11:31 PM
Come to think of it, Females seem to have an edge over males in THEIR RACE'S SPECIALTY in terms of inane stats. Female Newmans are more competent than male ones, and I think Caseals have an edge over male casts, etc.

In general, females have better magic and ranged stats, and males are better at physical defense and offense. Humans are more balanced, Numans/Newmans are stronger at magic and Casts are better at physical and ranged but terrible at magic.

It's rather stereotypical, but it makes sense.

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 11:35 PM
^ Correct. Females emphasize long range, males emphasize close range.

It's just that there's two long range class types.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2013, 11:52 PM
I think SEGA is generally pretty lazy (or just inefficient) about adding content. A new area once in a few months (content that most people blaze through in days), and a ton of recolors. Weapons are easy to add, and they don't even bother aligning them with hands properly. They rely too heavily on progression elements and random number generation instead of deep gameplay. It's not surprising they can't be bothered making male outfits.

And yes, they're hoping people get a taste of it and want to buy the real thing.

Except that's not how it works because players will get frustrated and not want to spend money.

Sega is making some serious novice mistakes with this shit. They're basically racketeers in their own game, trying to piss off their own players until they say fuck it and buy a shortcut except in the real world players just say fuck it and play something else after a while, never to spend money on what infuriated them so much again.

Yeah, it's basically F2P modus operandi.

They get you interested in the game, and at first it seems okay, but once you've invested some time, they start ramping up subtle BS until you can't really progress without spending money. You either cut your losses and quit, or pay to be able to "enjoy" the game. They also take advantage of social aspects to pressure people into staying and playing.

There are times when I wonder how much better PSO2 would have been if it was pay to play. Maybe not so much, judging from what I've heard about what happened with PSU. I'm certain they rake in a lot more money with random chance lottery than a consistent stream of subscription payments.

Manta Oyamada
May 10, 2013, 03:09 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibm3filvos72u6.png

http://i.minus.com/iUgvUCi3S0u4G.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iAamFZSFLJV4I.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ixOfc7zERpgdN.png http://i.minus.com/iscV9Cb8y82cR.png

http://i.minus.com/ioPCeqKZOgoxt.png http://i.minus.com/idMVyruu0T530.png

http://i.minus.com/iNUDbJce3pSet.png http://i.minus.com/iw7m06E3qRVlX.png

http://i.minus.com/ijZ1uTg2lA2ej.png

blace
May 10, 2013, 03:12 AM
Spoiler box that stuff.

Those images are way too large and stretch the page.

Gardios
May 10, 2013, 03:55 AM
11 star sword cane? 2 nice male costumes with (seemingly) nice hues? I think I'll like this update.

jooozek
May 10, 2013, 04:09 AM
from what i see, every AQ weapon got an upgrade?

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 05:30 AM
If you mean the pyroxene weapons, the 3rd colour for them has been around in the icons list for a long time.

Syklo
May 10, 2013, 05:40 AM
So the FC-themed "Swords" really were rifles...........

and i'm interested to know the weapon with an icon of gemini dagger?

Reiketsu
May 10, 2013, 06:35 AM

Well, they don't necessarily need to be upgrades.
Soon we will have three swords that look like Ruin Charm and only one is an upgrade, while the other is a piece of all-class trash.

Anyways, just saw a few more icons on the uploader... the deep blue wedding dress looks really cool and I so want that flower thing for your chest, lol
And as expected the ribbons and shit seem to be part of the new hairstlyes, not accessories >_>"
Also, thank God there will be a yellow version of that Phantom Queen Replica!
And am I seeing that right in the icon list? There are blue, yellow and red wedding dresses with the flower stuff on them black? Who came up with that shitty idea...?

jooozek
May 10, 2013, 07:00 AM
ruins AQ wasnt even announced so lack of a 4th "ruin charm" makes sense (mind you, its a predownload for the 15th may update)
the Extreme quests drops stones apparently so it would make sense if those were used to upgrade stuff from AQ

Syklo
May 10, 2013, 07:21 AM
ruins AQ wasnt even announced so lack of a 4th "ruin charm" makes sense (mind you, its a predownload for the 15th may update)
the Extreme quests drops stones apparently so it would make sense if those were used to upgrade stuff from AQ
I'm starting to believe that the stones from ExQ's are used with the AQ versions of the originals to get their 3rd form, which would be 11*.
I.e. Messer Agate → Lava Seeker → Those green-bladed versions (I'll call this magneto knife)

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 07:26 AM

We're probably going to get Lillipa's 3rd area, the next three AQs, Lillipa 2 TA, and "SuperVeryHard" all in the same update.

I think SEGA is generally pretty lazy (or just inefficient) about adding content. A new area once in a few months (content that most people blaze through in days), and a ton of recolors. Weapons are easy to add, and they don't even bother aligning them with hands properly. They rely too heavily on progression elements and random number generation instead of deep gameplay. It's not surprising they can't be bothered making male outfits.

I'm sorry, but, have you seen how beautiful and polished Sanctum is? It looks like it belongs in an actual, completely finished game. If they pump out areas as fast as you want them to, it will not look good.

Sega is millions of times better than Nexon, yet I spent three years playing Mabinogi before I ultimately said fuck it. Mabinogi is now obscenely pay2win.
There's Soul Stones, which are basically Scape Dolls. The only free variant is the ones people under total level 100 get.
Inventory space was extremely limited unless you spent money, and quests gave you several items you couldn't take out of your inventory.
Reforge kits added obscenely powerful effects to your weapons, though random effects like gachapon, ones that could increase your power by 1000%.
Enchants, upgrades, and repairs could destroy your items(And there is a massive amount of work that goes into a weapon, you could spend months on a weapon and not be done with it) and the only good way to protect them was to spend NINE DOLLARS on protection items that worked ONCE.
Untradeable items could be forced to be traded once by paying 6 dollars.
You could avoid all types of fees by having premium.
The list goes on, and Mabinogi used to be a good game, but never as good as PSO2.
Pictured below: One single weapon that wasn't even done:
[spoiler-box]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/Sarah___/mabinogi_2012_07_11_004.jpg[/spoiler-box]
And one overgrade had a 55% of destroying that.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 07:47 AM
We're probably going to get Lillipa's 3rd area, the next three AQs, Lillipa 2 TA, and "SuperVeryHard" all in the same update.
I don't think so, 2 AQs were found in the data in April's big update, for Ruins and Urban areas. Those 2 are possibly the next AQs to be released.
It's also mentioned in the roadmap that there will be AQs this month (it's mentioned for late May (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=roadmap)), I'm guessing that will happen in May 29, since there will be a scratch update on that day too (unless they end up doing weekly updates for the next 3 weeks).

There's one spellstone weapon that doesn't have a 3rd version in the icons list, the partisan Old Device.

Also, to expand on this;

If you mean the pyroxene weapons, the 3rd colour for them has been around in the icons list for a long time.
The 3rd versions for the spellstone weapons have been around since at the very least December, possibly earlier.
List of icons from December 5, wasn't able to find earlier list of icons other than the July ones though...
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/pso2_2012_12_5_ui_icon.png

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 07:57 AM
Also:
Insect Darkers are weak to fire. Stone Darkers are weak to Lightning. Aquatic Darkers must be weak to Ice. Finally, Ice won't be looked down upon anymore!

Z-0
May 10, 2013, 07:58 AM
There are new AQs this month, they're on the May update page, although they're blanked out so we can't get any specific details just yet. May 29th, specifically, along with a new AC Scratch.

Macman
May 10, 2013, 08:01 AM
Also:
Insect Darkers are weak to fire. Stone Darkers are weak to Lightning. Aquatic Darkers must be weak to Ice. Finally, Ice won't be looked down upon anymore!
Nah. We'll just use Grants.

Z-0
May 10, 2013, 08:05 AM
Ice is easily better than the other elements on ice-weak enemies (Gibarta, specifically), the problem is that it requires an Ice tree which nobody has anyway. I'm going to get one in the future because I'm 100% sure they'll give Ice a serious use.

The problem is that Fire and Bolt can get you through ice-weak enemies well enough that the thought of getting an Ice tree is kind of silly at this point. Essentially, it's good if you have extra money to spend, otherwise don't bother.

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 08:07 AM
Nah. We'll just use Grants.

Rare versions won't have Light weakness. o:

Ice is easily better than the other elements on ice-weak enemies (Gibarta, specifically), the problem is that it requires an Ice tree which nobody has anyway. I'm going to get one in the future because I'm 100% sure they'll give Ice a serious use.

The problem is that Fire and Bolt can get you through ice-weak enemies well enough that the thought of getting an Ice tree is kind of silly at this point. Essentially, it's good if you have extra money to spend, otherwise don't bother.

There's Photon Flare. Ice just only has one area of Ice-weak enemies.

Macman
May 10, 2013, 08:13 AM
If Photon Flare was % based and lasted as long as any of the stance skills, it might be worth using. Right now it's a joke and no amount of afterburst will save it in it's current state.

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 08:15 AM
If Photon Flare was % based and lasted as long as any of the stance skills, it might be worth using. Right now it's a joke and no amount of afterburst will save it in it's current state.

I ranked it before I knew better, so I'm stuck with it. But considering how they buffed stance skills sorta, they might get around to Photon Flare.

Kierto
May 10, 2013, 09:17 AM
Assuming we get Sanctum AQ as well as Ruins and City, I wonder what the stone trade ins are going to be? Any ideas?

Ruins: Fossiltrix, Latiria Rain, Plosion, Ruins Charm
City: Er... Clone series of weapons perhaps? (Icon series in data) Otherwise erm.
Sanctum: No idea, drops in this area are so strange with no clear 'set' like the rest. Perhaps Blanc Grenade?

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 09:23 AM
Bosses of Sanctum AQ will probably be Chrome, Ex, and Goronzoran.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 09:24 AM
Assuming we get Sanctum AQ as well as Ruins and City, I wonder what the stone trade ins are going to be? Any ideas?

Ruins: Fossiltrix, Latiria Rain, Plosion, Ruins Charm
City: Er... Clone series of weapons perhaps? (Icon series in data) Otherwise erm.
Sanctum: No idea, drops in this area are so strange with no clear 'set' like the rest. Perhaps Blanc Grenade?
Whenever we may get a Sanctum AQ, I guess a possibility of spellstone weapons for there could be the new sword, rifle and talis that look like the skyland weapons.

For example, the rifle:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7990/newrifle.jpg

Manta Oyamada
May 10, 2013, 09:38 AM
page 14

Ryoten
May 10, 2013, 09:56 AM
Those swords....I NEED them!

Zeota
May 10, 2013, 10:26 AM
No black phantom queen? I am disappoint. I see white, red, yellow, two shades of blue and a light gray-ish one on that icon sheet. Oh well. And the sword with the bright light coming from the blade... Elsydeon, mayhaps? Nah. Probably not since it doesn't look like the one from PSU/PSP.

Z-0
May 10, 2013, 10:45 AM
I was thinking the new weapons they added to Wondas a bit back, although I haven't checked the icon sheet to see if they're applicable. Only real "set" I can think of.

TaigaUC
May 10, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm sorry, but, have you seen how beautiful and polished Sanctum is? It looks like it belongs in an actual, completely finished game. If they pump out areas as fast as you want them to, it will not look good.

I didn't mean the visuals, but the gameplay. I had a lot more to say, but in the end I decided to just write this because it's not like my saying anything will matter. and I don't really want to bombard people with more walls of text in an attempt to explain complicated concepts that are difficult to express and often go unappreciated and unnoticed.

Edit: Just noticed you wrote this too

Sega is millions of times better than Nexon

Yes, I was actually thinking of Nexon as well. They are absolutely terrible. But "better than Nexon" isn't saying much. Justification by comparison is the worst cop out. You might as well say "at least we're not starving kids in a third world country", so we should be happy and never complain about anything.

AgemFrostMage
May 10, 2013, 10:54 AM

I put in some points for ice because I wanted an easier time getting through the volcano levels. I didn't use any of my talent point rollbacks yet but I regret putting in ice now since I use mostly lightning on them and against the bosses fire as it delivers faster =(

gigawuts
May 10, 2013, 11:02 AM
Gibarta is always good for AOE, regardless of your spec, mainly due to its range.

TaigaUC
May 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
Glancing at the stuff Manta Oyamada posted. Things I noticed (maybe old news):

- Bouquet with golden rings is a wand, and also a wand weapon camo
- Wedding cake is a partisan weapon camo
- The red and blue blocks things seem to be rifles
- Devil wings are headgear, not back-wings
- White parasol is a gunslash
- A new male school uniform? Only seems to have 4 colors. <- Seems to be tuxedo recolors to go with the black wedding dress.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 11:08 AM
Someone mentioned a few pages ago something about Extreme Quests having spellstones too, was wondering what kind of weapons could be obtaineable through that, maybe could be upgrades to the stronger 9* weapons? (ardillo and such, there's red versions of each of those weapons in the icons list)

- The red and blue blocks things seem to be rifles
The ones I posted in the first page are the rifles, the ones he posted are the sword (blue) and talis (red).
The 3 of them are in the small icons list.

EDIT: Added Manta's pictures to the first post.

Zyrusticae
May 10, 2013, 11:25 AM
I think SEGA is generally pretty lazy (or just inefficient) about adding content. A new area once in a few months (content that most people blaze through in days)
This statement is just so full of wrong that it hurts.

Did it never occur to you that the whole point of the game (I mean, the WHOLE game) is to make use of random elements to increase replay value so that they don't HAVE to do the whole "release massive chunk of content every 6 months, players blaze through it in two weeks" bullshit that every other online game on the market falls prey to? Because that is literally the whole game. The WHOLE game. The emergency quests, emergency codes, random layouts, parallel areas, abductions, rares, rare monsters, etc., etc., etc., all these random elements are there specifically so that there's reasons to replay the same areas over and over again. Do they succeed at this? Obviously, YMMV at this point (though I think I'm not far wrong in surmising that this does not work for you at all). But it is entirely disingenuous to insinuate that a single playthrough is all that is needed to consider a piece of content "finished", as that is not the point whatsoever.

Even PSO relied on replay value as it is entirely too easy to just push through the game's content in a short amount of time. Most of the game after you finished all the levels was simply farming for rares, maybe pushing towards level 200, and that was it.

Maybe the problem is simply that you don't like the core gameplay itself. Maybe you find the difficulty level insufficient (hell, so do I... when I'm playing hunter). Maybe you actually prefer fixed layouts for whatever reason. Maybe you don't like the artwork (I know I'm not a fan of desert or tundra at all). I mean there are so many contributing reasons for why you might not like what they already have, why the replay value means nothing to you, but to say that they should somehow be pumping out entirely new areas every few weeks or every month or whatever rate you think would be "acceptable" seems like complete insanity. Besides the fact that it's missing the entire point of the game itself, it is horribly unrealistic and has absolutely no basis in rational fact, especially considering how no game developer ON EARTH is capable of producing such content so rapidly. It simply does not happen. It is not a thing that will happen in the near future, or even in the distant future, for that matter, without true procedural generation.

If you're going to complain about something, at least do it right.

Gypsy72
May 10, 2013, 11:36 AM
i like the Emergency Quests, don't get me wrong... but i miss Rare quests from PSU, that you could save and choose to run whenever you wanted - i know there are Parallel areas and abductions, but you can't leave and wait for some friends to get on to run it with you later....

TaigaUC
May 10, 2013, 11:40 AM
Did it never occur to you that the whole point of the game (I mean, the WHOLE game) is to make use of random elements to increase replay value so that they don't HAVE to do the whole "release massive chunk of content every 6 months, players blaze through it in two weeks" bullshit that every other online game on the market falls prey to? Because that is literally the whole game. The WHOLE game.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Making everything random is an artificial way of extending content. You are basically running around waiting for content to randomly decide to present itself to you. Does that change the gameplay? Does it make the gameplay deeper? No.

I'm saying the game would be a lot better and keep people occupied longer if they added more gameplay elements instead of visual/progression content based on random numbers. Stuff like abilities with purpose, more dynamic enemy AI, and so forth. If I wasn't clear on that, I apologize.

Edit: After reading your post again, I think I wasn't clear with what I said. I'm not complaining about them not pumping out levels fast enough at all. I will try to rephrase it better:

I think it's a shame that when they do release content, people blaze through it quickly because of the shallow gameplay. It is not hard to make new areas and equipment. By lazy, I am referring to them seemingly avoiding improving the core gameplay. I get the impression that they just try to add something new and simple to keep us busy for a short while. The same assets could last longer if they added more layers to the gameplay that don't rely on progression or random number generation. I'm saying that's what they should be focusing on.

Edit2: Just so you know, I've been sleep-deprived as of late, so I'm probably not being very articulate. I'm not out to cause arguments, just expressing concerns about nagging issues, and hoping people take some of my points into consideration.

gigawuts
May 10, 2013, 11:42 AM
Randomness has a place.

That place is not literally every single place.

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 11:43 AM
All of which would take time to add.

Zyrusticae
May 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Making everything random is an artificial way of extending content. You are basically running around waiting for content to randomly decide to present itself to you. Does that change the gameplay? Does it make the gameplay deeper? No.

I'm saying the game would be a lot better and keep people occupied longer if they added more gameplay elements instead of visual/progression content based on random numbers. Stuff like abilities with purpose, more dynamic enemy AI, and so forth. If I wasn't clear on that, I apologize.

Edit: After reading your post again, I think I wasn't clear with what I said. I'm not complaining about them not pumping out levels fast enough at all. I will try to rephrase it better:

I think it's a shame that when they do release content, people blaze through it quickly because of the shallow gameplay. It is not hard to make new areas and equipment. By lazy, I am referring to them seemingly avoiding improving the core gameplay. I get the impression that they just try to add something new and simple to keep us busy for a short while. The same assets could last longer if they added more layers to the gameplay that don't rely on progression or random number generation. I'm saying that's what they should be focusing on.

Edit2: Just so you know, I've been sleep-deprived as of late, so I'm probably not being very articulate. I'm not out to cause arguments, just expressing concerns about nagging issues, and hoping people take some of my points into consideration.
No, that makes sense. I actually agree with this entirely. I do find it odd that they are not iterating on already-existing content at all at this point in time (especially considering they did this with PSU, at least after they dropped PS2 support). The many balance issues in particular are badly in need of some attention, especially as they are low-hanging fruit. They seem to have some sort of stark policy that prevents them from doing any balance tweaks whatsoever or something (judging from how they only "balanced" PAs by changing their level 11+ values). Very strange, that.

That being said, it is likely that Episode 2 is going to contain an enormous quantity of tweaks and changes to everything in the game, judging by precedent. It's a long time to wait for some big changes, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when the core gameplay is as strong as it is.

Well, that, and I'm still having fun, so whatever. ^^;

gigawuts
May 10, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, the precedent for online PS has always been that the first installation is pretty rusty and loaded with poor design, and the second installation revamps a lot of that.

My fear is that since this is F2P, they'll go the way of most F2P games and essentially abandon it with any trace of support beyond new hats clothes and some OP weapons that cost real money to get your hands on every month (either by buying directly or making them so obscenely rare that people who want them will usually have to buy them off the very tiny group that finds them, who will probably be uncaring casuals since uncaring casuals massively outnumber the hardcore players).

If they do a serious reworking, the game has potential. We've known this would be how it went down since launch. It would take a while for them to smooth down the rough spots, which is of course a large portion of the game, if they do it at all. It's been a while, and this might be it coming up. Or it might not be, and it might never happen at all.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 12:21 PM
More info from today's part of the pre-download (thanks to Agrajag):

[spoiler-box]
New quests:
Emergency:
With Wind and Rain (雨風とともに) (see Bumped)
****************** (emergency quest, your guess is as good as mine)

Advance:
Urban and Ruins AQs have full descriptions now.
Special Survey: Sanctum (特務先遣調査:龍祭壇) (requires C capsules)

Event:
Arks GP: Preliminary Stage (アークスGP予選ステージ)
Initial Battle [placeholder] (【工事中】全国大会本戦)

XTREEEEEM (tower):
Extreme Training: Tundra and Machines (極限訓練:凍土と機甲)
Extreme Training: Forest and Dragons (極限訓練:森林と龍)
Water and Darkness Training Academy [placeholder] (水と闇の訓練所(仮))

Client orders:
Xie wants Mr. Umblla. Have fun!

Emergency trials:
Tower has four unique ones. One's a generic stage order (it can have several different requirements--compare how code: attacks can be anything), one's for fighting Elder (or arms--not sure), one looks to be a poison room (like in PSO ruins), one seems to be... err... just kill all the monsters.
Burning Rangers trial. Has absolutely no text yet, but has conditions for finding and rescuing people, adding generators(?), and a time limit.

Standard selection of new clothing, etc.

(Extreme Passes are "virtual items" that you have to view at a terminal, so presumably they work like PSU's training passes.)[/spoiler-box]

And more icons:
[spoiler-box]Clothes:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4862/clothesp2.png[/spoiler-box]

Room stuff:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img404/8069/roomp2.png[/spoiler-box]

Enemies (nothing new here):
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img607/4125/enemiesp2.png[/spoiler-box]

Weapons (same ones that were posted by Manta):
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img96/8879/weaponsp2.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 12:44 PM
So we might get new AQs this update?
Wonder what bosses of City AQ will be. They're running out of bosses, and they need to start doing overlapping bosses for AQs, with probably just a couple unique bosses in each AQ.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 12:46 PM
So we might get new AQs this update?
Wonder what bosses of City AQ will be. They're running out of bosses, and they need to start doing overlapping bosses for AQs, with probably just a couple unique bosses in each AQ.
We won't get AQs next week, the stuff that is being added in the pre-download isn't just for next week's update, but it's also in preparation for future updates.
According to the roadmap in the PSO2 page, new AQs are coming in late May, and seeing as there's going to be a scratch update on May 29, it's likely that new AQs will arrive in that day.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
those new tux colors,

time to cosplay phoenix wright!

Maenara
May 10, 2013, 12:51 PM
We won't get AQs next week, the stuff that is being added in the pre-download isn't just for next week's update, but it's also in preparation for future updates.
According to the roadmap in the PSO2 page, new AQs are coming in late May, and seeing as there's going to be a scratch update on May 29, it's likely that new AQs will arrive in that day.

Aww, not too bad though.

Reiketsu
May 10, 2013, 12:54 PM

Well, right now, there are enough bosses left for the last 3 AQs we'll get before Ep. II.
Ragne is most likely going to be city, Chrome could also be city as well as Hunar.
Altar will have the fatass and EX Dragon and Ruins most likely Wolga and another one, maybe Hunar.
That would be two bosses per AQ.

Neith
May 10, 2013, 12:58 PM
Rabbit Wand. Now. :wacko:

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 01:03 PM
Well, right now, there are enough bosses left for the last 3 AQs we'll get before Ep. II.
Ragne is most likely going to be city, Chrome could also be city as well as Hunar.
Altar will have the fatass and EX Dragon and Ruins most likely Wolga and another one, maybe Hunar.
There's also Gwanahda, he could appear in one of the AQs, I guess.
(I actually didn't remember that there was no Gwanahda in the current AQs, it was Nina that reminded me). xd

Reiketsu
May 10, 2013, 01:09 PM
Oh right, totally forgot about that, as well, lol
I've always wondered why that thing didn't appear in desert...
Desert should have Gwawa instead of Metal Gear and Mines should have Metal Gear as a second boss @_@

Anyways, maybe Gwawa and Ragne could be in city then and Wolga and Hunar in Ruins :-?

Z-0
May 10, 2013, 01:14 PM
They better add Chrome to AQs. I want to hunt Haze Ewol. >_> Having to Altar MPA for it is zzzzzzzz, especially since he's a completely random (and rareish) spawn.

gigawuts
May 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm still fussed gwana doesn't spawn anywhere but desert and EQ's, man.

It's the ONLY darker boss that isn't a universal spawn.

Alisha
May 10, 2013, 02:26 PM

i no longer consider fatass a boss since they nerfed the shit out of his hp.

CocoCrispy
May 10, 2013, 02:32 PM
Oh hey, new rappy color! I guess it was only a matter of time before they made a green one. Is it so wrong to hope they make costume variants of the rappies rather than just recolors? D: Clearly the world is missing out on hunter latan rappy action!

Cyron Tanryoku
May 10, 2013, 02:32 PM
...It was nerfed?

I couldn't tell

He always died after his shield went down to begin with.

Unless you mean they nerfed his shield

Zenobia
May 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
i no longer consider fatass a boss since they nerfed the shit out of his hp.

You must be tripping thinking he was considered a boss before they nerfed his ass LOL.

Emp
May 10, 2013, 03:20 PM
Oh hey, new rappy color! I guess it was only a matter of time before they made a green one. Is it so wrong to hope they make costume variants of the rappies rather than just recolors? D: Clearly the world is missing out on hunter latan rappy action!

Or frog rappy costume. Exactly identical to the new look for the rare rappies.

JCGamer
May 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
:D on Accessories and make-up those bat wings hair style gonna very useful to make a Morrigan character from marvel vs capcom XD
http://qisahn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mvc-morrigan.gif

Drifting Fable
May 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
Oh man,

Those blue tux and dress.

Those blue eyelashes.

That blue sword.

Sega sure loves blue in this datamine <3.

BIG OLAF
May 10, 2013, 04:02 PM
Sega sure loves blue in this datamine <3.

ain't nothin wrong widdat http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/misc/s0414.gif

Those blue outfits in that second datamine dump are all yowza.

Jakosifer
May 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
Ozzie was never a boss, he was always just a Dragon Gwanada :>

Valimer
May 10, 2013, 04:27 PM
Maaaaaan they added more helmets but it's just the same one in different colors.

I want more cool helmets, some that look like the PSO1 helmets for HUmar T-T

EvilMag
May 10, 2013, 04:38 PM
What I think what bosses will spawn in AQs

Ruins: Wolga and Ragne
City: Gwana and Chrome
Sanctum: King Zora and Ex.

I'm also thinking that the clone weapons will be upgradeable when City AQ comes.

BIG OLAF
May 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
City AQ would be pretty badass. Probably have all the Darker enemies that aren't in any other AQs right now. Well, Ruins probably would too, though.

Xaeris
May 10, 2013, 04:48 PM
Boosted Lv 60 Dichadas and Predichadas. Prepare your body.

Laxedrane
May 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
City AQ would be pretty badass. Probably have all the Darker enemies that aren't in any other AQs right now. Well, Ruins probably would too, though.

I am guessing ruins will get all the thunder weak ones and city will have all the fire weak ones. But that's a guess

I just want soul eater to be upgradable by stones with the update.

A question I like to ask though. Will the enemies start at a higher level since Sanctum already level 55~?

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 06:43 PM

I'm also thinking that the clone weapons will be upgradeable when City AQ comes.
I hope that Ragne is in the city, having a permanent mission where we get to fight ragne in his arena would be nice... ^^

The upgradeable weapons, hmm, the clone weapons are a good possibility for city and for ruins there's the ruins charm styled weapons, but, I wonder if they would have all 4 clone weapons and all 5 ruins weapons for exchange, since so far there's been only 3 weapons per AQ...
For sanctum, there's the sword, rifle and talis amduscia styled weapons that were added to the data, I guess?

A question I like to ask though. Will the enemies start at a higher level since Sanctum already level 55~?
Sanctum is between 51 and 55, so AQ being the same as previous ones (56~60) is very likely.

LonelyGaruga
May 10, 2013, 06:50 PM
There's 4 weapons from the Tundra AQ stones. Having 4 clone weapons and 5 ruins weapons is a plausibility.

Ezodagrom
May 10, 2013, 06:55 PM
There's 4 weapons from the Tundra AQ stones. Having 4 clone weapons and 5 ruins weapons is a plausibility.
And I've been thinking all this time that there were just 3 per AQ... D:
This is what happens when I don't pay attention/don't doublecheck some things...

Laxedrane
May 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
Sanctum is between 51 and 55, so AQ being the same as previous ones (56~60) is very likely.

Yeah but the drop pools are the same. Some stuff from AQ drops in sanctum/TA. Are monster drop tables grouped like in psu or does what level they drop something new go by a monster to monster basis?

Z-0
May 10, 2013, 07:07 PM
When you kill an enemy, PSO2 takes drops from two drop tables, the current enemy drop table and the drop table below it. From the looks of things, most of the drops in AQ are on the 51~55 drop table. They may also be on the 56~60 drop table, which means the items have a higher drop rate in AQs themselves (very likely).

Alenoir
May 10, 2013, 07:44 PM

Nah, more like City will be Ragne and Alter will be Chrome, with their arena-specific enemy behavior. (Going up the walls.)

Laxedrane
May 10, 2013, 07:46 PM
When you kill an enemy, PSO2 takes drops from two drop tables, the current enemy drop table and the drop table below it. From the looks of things, most of the drops in AQ are on the 51~55 drop table. They may also be on the 56~60 drop table, which means the items have a higher drop rate in AQs themselves (very likely).

So drop tables go in sets of 5 with each sub-sequential level having a better rate until a new drop replaces it?

Syklo
May 10, 2013, 08:55 PM
Boosted Lv 60 Dichadas and Predichadas. Prepare your body.
-Megiverse-
-DS gear-
-PB Fully charged.

Zenobia
May 10, 2013, 11:30 PM
:D on Accessories and make-up those bat wings hair style gonna very useful to make a Morrigan character from marvel vs capcom XD
http://qisahn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mvc-morrigan.gif

What bat wings I didn't see those at all enlighten me.

EDIT: Damm and here im thinking you wee talking about the bat wings for the back,but it's just the ears. YOU AINT MORRRIGAN UNLESS YOU HAVE IT ALLL!!

Zenobia
May 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.......

http://i40.tinypic.com/5b1jt5.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/30t6v5t.jpg

New PSO2 Fiesta Outfits heh.

Rien
May 11, 2013, 07:38 AM
I want that white, glowing sword.

GeoSword
May 11, 2013, 08:21 AM
I want to get that glowing white sword. Is that a weapon skin or an actual weapon? It looks like the Daisy Chain from PSOBB.

Ezodagrom
May 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
I want to get that glowing white sword. Is that a weapon skin or an actual weapon? It looks like the Daisy Chain from PSOBB.
Checking the small icons list, it's an actual weapon.

blace
May 13, 2013, 02:59 AM
Just giving this a slight bump, telling you all that the third part of the precede download is up.

Meji
May 13, 2013, 03:36 AM
Oh, can't wait for some mining on that third part of the download.

Z-0
May 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
Stuff I found on the uploader:

[spoiler-box]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/up52186_zps8c5ac074.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/xzynetic/media/up52186_zps8c5ac074.png.html)
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/up52185_zps195f6d95.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/xzynetic/media/up52185_zps195f6d95.png.html)[/spoiler-box]

Syklo
May 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
Those head accessories, eyelashes, ghost wand

DO WANT

HIT0SHI
May 13, 2013, 08:14 AM
Drill Knee caps huh?

I do look forward to combining that with the Gurren Laggan-ish Ring for the forehead with those drills, the scarf seems nice too. Looking forward on those Ranger/Gunner weapons :D

Zeota
May 13, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mmmmm dat black wedding dress.

Also drill knees. Just need a lion head body and one could almost pass for GaoGaiGar.

Alisha
May 13, 2013, 05:47 PM
lol @ sword crusher

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 05:58 PM
Stuff I found on the uploader:

[spoiler-box]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/up52186_zps8c5ac074.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/xzynetic/media/up52186_zps8c5ac074.png.html)
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/up52185_zps195f6d95.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/xzynetic/media/up52185_zps195f6d95.png.html)[/spoiler-box]
Looks like Trident Crusher from PSP2/I is coming back soon as a Partisan this time.

Xaeris
May 13, 2013, 06:03 PM
A couple of those weapons stand out to me. Recently, a set of 10* weapons was added to the drop tables: Calax Gun, Calci Weapon, and Chelate Edia. None of them all that spectacular, but they had the same style to them, and now I see two of them with an updated skin. The other thing that they have in common is that they all drop from darkers. I assume the stones from Ruins AQ will be used on the Procyon/Ruin Charm/etc, but we get an Urban AQ, these just may be the fodder for that set.

Kierto
May 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
So 'SwordArcher'/'Samurai' or whatever has an official name according to the datamine: Braver (ブレイバー).

For those unaware, Braver was the Japanese/original name of the class most of you know as Vanguard from PSPo2..

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 06:54 PM
So 'SwordArcher'/'Samurai' or whatever has an official name according to the datamine: Braver (ブレイバー).

For those unaware, Braver was the Japanese/original name of the class most of you know as Vanguard from PSPo2..
YEAH!!! I can finally have my favorite class and role back now! I can finally end my trying to figure out which class I really want to play. Hopefully they'll release Dhumans at the same time as the Vanguard class.

Also. 1000th post.

blace
May 13, 2013, 06:57 PM
YEAH!!! I can finally have my favorite class and role back now! I can finally end my trying to figure out which class I really want to play. Hopefully they'll release Dhumans at the same time as the Vanguard class.

Also. 1000th post.

Something tells me it won't be like PSPp2/I. Especially since PSO2 lacks the EVA stat.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 07:00 PM
Something tells me it won't be like PSPp2/I. Especially since PSO2 lacks the EVA stat.
Sure it won't be as OP as in PSP2/I, but Vanguards still get to use all types of atks with Katanas, Bows, and an unknown method of Tech casting. Otherwise their Jack-of-ALL-trades status goes out the window.

Psycl0ne
May 13, 2013, 07:12 PM
WOW that's a lot of new rare weapons in the small icons :O

Kitoshi
May 13, 2013, 07:13 PM
Sure it won't be as OP as in PSP2/I, but Vanguards still get to use all types of atks with Katanas, Bows, and an unknown method of Tech casting. Otherwise their Jack-of-ALL-trades status goes out the window.

With the way pso2 works i doubt they will give a "melee" class a katana AND a bow AND tech casting, at the same time.

That would pretty much defeat the entire purpose of this sub classing system they got going atm.

Alisha
May 13, 2013, 07:26 PM
they could get a skill that ups the proc rate on certain se's. lol shock and mirage.

gigawuts
May 13, 2013, 07:29 PM

Yeah, when I found out the vanguard had access to guns, swords, AND techs, I figured this coming class would have something to do with that since it's got a ranged weapon and a sword. I'm betting it either gets a tech weapon, or just access to techs and the bow and katana may somehow use techs in conjunction with them.

Now looking forward to BA/FI and BA/HU for that fantastic stance bonus.

Also, it could just get a skill to allow earlier dodge canceling, and then a skill for more invuln frames during dodges than other classes.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
With the way pso2 works i doubt they will give a "melee" class a katana AND a bow AND tech casting, at the same time.

That would pretty much defeat the entire purpose of this sub classing system they got going atm.

That's the entire point of Vanguards actually. They are NOT a melee class. They are a Jack-of-all-trades class. That means they do a little of everything, but don't excel at anything. They will most likely give them a more equal spread of stats with a skill tree that makes it hard to excel at anything with the class. They essentially will be an all purpose-every situation class that can do everything well enough to be usable. They may also get traps and trap up skills if their history is anything to judge by.

gigawuts
May 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
The problem here is, of course, the flawed stat system. To come even close to the level of performance of other classes, which don't tend to have such glaring weaknesses as previous PS titles, they'd need ATK ups that gave as much ATK for each stat they use, multipliers that benefit everything for each damage type, etc.

Either that or they'll fall victim to the same bad design rendering HU's tree mediocre and TE's tree a disaster. Split design is either going to need better skills, or it will be worse at everything. It will not be greater than the sum of its parts, because the sum of its parts will not be piled onto one single stat. We're not talking "jack of all trades," we're talking 3 different kinds of water guns instead of 1 howitzer.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 07:40 PM
The problem here is, of course, the flawed stat system. To come even close to the level of performance of other classes, which don't tend to have such glaring weaknesses as previous PS titles, they'd need ATK ups that gave as much ATK for each stat they use, multipliers that benefit everything for each damage type, etc.

Either that or they'll fall victim to the same bad design rendering HU's tree mediocre and TE's tree a disaster. Split design is either going to need better skills, or it will be worse at everything. It will not be greater than the sum of its parts, because the sum of its parts will not be piled onto one single stat. We're not talking "jack of all trades," we're talking 3 different kinds of water guns instead of 1 howitzer.
If we're going to compare class weaponry to real life weaponry, can we at least keep it accurate to specs. Vanguard will have 3 pistols while everyone else gets 1 reusable nuke.

blace
May 13, 2013, 07:49 PM
Let's be realistic, PSPo2/I had flaws that were more or less corrected after trial and error with PSU. Vanguard/Braver was the Jack-of-all-trades in those games, but if the katana is any possible indicator, it'll possibly mean this class will specialize in one handed weaponry without techs. Traps are covered by Rangers, and raw power or consistent damage from Hunter and Fighter respectively. Why not throw in a class that excels in close and mid to long range range by adding in a gun? Moreover the lack of mobility lacking in the latter classes, due to the range and destructive force by Ranger and Force?

As it stands, if Vanguard had a bit of each class in it, it would throw the subclass system into a state of disrepair and everyone would be using Vanguard/Braver.

This is a take on the PSO title and they have changed it up quite a fair bit, ie. Hunters no longer being to cast techs and Casts are no longer the trap masters.

ShinMaruku
May 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
Well now this changes everything.. Good I have my braver mag set up already!

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
Let's be realistic, PSPo2/I had flaws that were more or less corrected after trial and error with PSU. Vanguard/Braver was the Jack-of-all-trades in those games, but if the katana is any possible indicator, it'll possibly mean this class will specialize in one handed weaponry without techs. Traps are covered by Rangers, and raw power or consistent damage from Hunter and Fighter respectively. Why not throw in a class that excels in close and mid to long range range by adding in a gun? Moreover the lack of mobility lacking in the latter classes, due to the range and destructive force by Ranger and Force?

As it stands, if Vanguard had a bit of each class in it, it would throw the subclass system into a state of disrepair and everyone would be using Vanguard/Braver.

This is a take on the PSO title and they have changed it up quite a fair bit, ie. Hunters no longer being to cast techs and Casts are no longer the trap masters.
Well. They're implementing Vanguards however they choose to do so. It's in the precede download data it looks like so this is almost set in stone now. Maybe the price of being a Vanguard will be that you can't have a subclass.

Zenobia
May 13, 2013, 07:58 PM
Well I'll be dayum I heard talk about braver coming and look at sega making me happy~

Heh time to give Braver another go yet again<3

Kierto
May 13, 2013, 08:01 PM
I'd guess the main reason for Sega to introduce a class that potentially has 'three paths' dedicated to ranged ('Weak Arrow' etc already confirmed), melee (Katana skills confirmed) and techniques (assumed) is that they can draw people in to buying more trees to utilise its different aspects - even more so if you try and use subclasses to make 'specialised' versions such as BR/HU, BR/RA or BR/FO. Even more more so (orz) if the new weapon types are restricted to Braver.

But eh, who knows. Maybe I'm just being sour.

Zenobia
May 13, 2013, 08:07 PM
Im more so wondering what the RQ will be in order to unlock the class. Will it rq 2 classes to be at a certain lvl? Or will we be able to just unlock it regularly knowing sega they got something planned im sure.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 08:16 PM
Im more so wondering what the RQ will be in order to unlock the class. Will it rq 2 classes to be at a certain lvl? Or will we be able to just unlock it regularly knowing sega they got something planned im sure.
Or hopefully it will be an entirely new base class that can be used from a character's creation.

blace
May 13, 2013, 08:34 PM
I'm still going with my previous statement and say it's a new class that has more emphasis on mobility over the use of all classes. Until we get more details anyway.

Ezodagrom
May 13, 2013, 08:35 PM
Quoting Agrajag about the 3rd part of the pre-download:
[spoiler-box]
Looks like ******************* is how they dummy out text now, guess they're tired of people like me ripping out things about the FUTURE, heh.

Random snippets from the text files:
Rare Goronzoran is named "Zoron Goraal" (ゾロン・ゴラール).
There's a team room attendant named "Ricardo" (リカルド). The others are uninteresting.
There's a "Favors Dewmans" character trait (デューマン好き).
The bird(bird(crow)) enemy type is "Chimera"; there's a character trait for fighting them (キメラ狙い).
There are 6 new item affixes--Alter Arma, Alter Tiro, Alter Magia, Flict Arma, Flict Tiro, Flict Magia. Basically souls (Alter's +30 HP/+20 *attack stat*, Flict is +3 PP/+20 *attack stat*).
"Arks Road" is a thing. It has ranks, and cards with rewards.
Bingo cards: Also exist. Appear to be like bingo cards, but I don't know the specifics (I think they're CO-ish?).
"Katana" and "Compound Bow" are the confirmed weapon names ("カタナ" and "コンパウンドボウ").
Event quests are "Limited Quests" (期間限定クエスト), for the 3 of you who care about naming conventions.
Swordarcher's real name is "Braver" (ブレイバー).[/spoiler-box]

And the icons from all the parts of the pre-download in single pictures, the weapon icons are separated by weapon type, and also organized a bit the picture with the clothes. ^^
[spoiler-box]Weapons (the gemini twin daggers and bouquet wand, those are repeated because they actually have 2 icons, it seems that one is a weapon and the other is camouflage?):
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4120/weapons150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Clothes:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img818/698/clothes150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Room stuff:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img405/5384/room150513.png[/spoiler-box]

Enemies:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img824/3232/enemies150513.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Zenobia
May 13, 2013, 08:46 PM
Or hopefully it will be an entirely new base class that can be used from a character's creation.

^Yeah I can only hope that this is most possible outcome.

I'm still going with my previous statement and say it's a new class that has more emphasis on mobility over the use of all classes. Until we get more details anyway.

Agreed sense it is indeed and confirmed to be Braver then when it does make it's debute we should just have the okay to go and switch to the class normally sense it isn't a branch off of none of the other classes and is a class of it's own.

blace
May 13, 2013, 08:52 PM
Agreed sense it is indeed and confirmed to be Braver then when it does make it's debute we should just have the okay to go and switch to the class normally sense it isn't a branch off of none of the other classes and is a class of it's own.
What I really hope for is a single hand class. We have gunslash and wands, but those two weapon types are not ass effective at melee and I kinda want to see the return of single hand claws.

Mainly Rika's Claw (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=521&sortby=name)/Falclaw (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Special%253ASearch/Falclaw.html).

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 09:43 PM
What I really hope for is a single hand class. We have gunslash and wands, but those two weapon types are not ass effective at melee and I kinda want to see the return of single hand claws.

Mainly Rika's Claw (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=521&sortby=name)/Falclaw (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Special%253ASearch/Falclaw.html).

First, nice typo. Very funny. Second, I don't know how well a single hand class would work with PSO2's current pallette system. In the PSU series you had a palette with 6 slots each capable of accommodating two hands worth of weaponry. In PSO2 each slot is filled with just one weapon.

Laxedrane
May 13, 2013, 09:55 PM
First, nice typo. Very funny. Second, I don't know how well a single hand class would work with PSO2's current pallette system. In the PSU series you had a palette with 6 slots each capable of accommodating two hands worth of weaponry. In PSO2 each slot is filled with just one weapon.

Weapons don't have to have an interchangeable off hand. PSO has several single handed weapons including claws that took the same amount of space as 2 handed ones.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Weapons don't have to have an interchangeable off hand. PSO has several single handed weapons including claws that took the same amount of space as 2 handed ones.
That's true. I just don't know that, that would be a very good system when you look at every other weapon in the game. I can't think of any of them that don't have at least one one two handed action.

blace
May 13, 2013, 10:11 PM
That's true. I just don't know that, that would be a very good system when you look at every other weapon in the game. I can't think of any of them that don't have at least one one two handed action.
I didn't see the typo you were referring to.

Anyhow, we have gunslashes and wands as I've mentioned. Those are one handed weaponry with the exception of the compound bow that was datamined.

Zyrusticae
May 13, 2013, 10:26 PM
Man, where's the casual wear?

I have absolutely no interest in any of the outfits being released in the near future, with the only exception of the coat-corset-pants combo. All of the Shining-whatever imports are boring, the priest gear is boring, the recolors are boring... I want more actual PSO2 clothing or something, goddammit!

Oh, well. At least I'll have some shiny new Extreme Quests to play with.

Zipzo
May 13, 2013, 11:02 PM

Falclaw is already a Wirelance.

blace
May 13, 2013, 11:09 PM
Falclaw is already a Wirelance.
I was mentioning the single claw, if the Braver class turns out to be another melee oriented class.

I'm aware that the current Falclaw is a WL that drops from Dark Falz Elder.