PDA

View Full Version : Is the PSO2 vita port any good?

kenech
May 8, 2013, 09:06 AM
Still playing the pc version. I'm already contemplating on getting a vita. How is the vita version compared to the pc? Other than the graphics. Can i still enjoy all the features of the pc version on the vita port?

also is the special pack with the Pspo2 costumes worth it?

Ryock
May 8, 2013, 09:20 AM
Don't quote me on this, as this is merely what I've heard. I don't personally own a vita or the vita version of this game, but from what I understand, there are a few other mechanical differences, such as load times, and some irregularities, such as certain spawns not showing up how they do on the PC version during TAs or something along those lines. I can't remember exactly what it was, so I may be completely off, but I'm almost positive the load times are longer. Other than that, there are blocks the vita version cannot access. If there's any other difference, someone else who has it would be a better candidate for letting you know. Hope this helped a little bit.

The special pack didn't sound worth it to me, imo.

Z-0
May 8, 2013, 09:21 AM
Vita has a really stupid enemy limit on maps which stops enemies spawning after a certain amount (for example, you can't do your FUN runs just running to the end of Subdue Za Oodan without killing anything). This also messes with Naberius I TA if you do it quickly, since some enemies will not spawn. It also spawns less enemies overall.

PSE Bursts are 50% longer, and have the same amount of enemies (1 for each person in the party / multi-party), so that's a redeeming factor. However, there's also a lot of lag on the Vita version if there's just a few things happening. Loading times are also pretty long.

Assuming you're playing with a controller, you might feel slightly handicapped on the Vita too due to 2 missing buttons (only 2 shoulder buttons instead of 4). I play far better on the PC just because those buttons are there.

Vita Version is identical otherwise. You might have trouble shopping since the little icons aren't there either, but providing you learn basic kata you should have no problem.

And it's not really worth it, special packages usually aren't unless you're a diehard fan.

HIT0SHI
May 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
>Note that the Vita blocks are the only lobbies you can play in.
>Controls may be a bit lacking if you're used the using a keyboard with all the shortcuts and what not.
>Those costumes are rader expensive on the player shops (which could benefit you for selling them). Aside from that, it's up to you if there worth it.

kenech
May 8, 2013, 09:36 AM
thanks for the info guys. also, does the vita version get the same items, events, and updates from the pc version?

HIT0SHI
May 8, 2013, 09:42 AM
Yep, but Emergency quests may vary on the ships.

kenech
May 8, 2013, 09:52 AM
Okay then. With all the problems that persist on the vita version, i would still like to get one. It's great to play on the road. also i don't always have time to even play the pc version. With just starting the game and all. But there is no way i would be able to level up to any of the levels like any of the other members of this forum with the little time i spend on the PC.