PDA

View Full Version : mag general question.

deusalkaiser
May 9, 2013, 06:13 AM
hello I was wondering whats the best mag builds for racast in the game?

are Pure ranged attack the best way to go about it or should i mix in some ability+ranged defense. and if so by how much?

I am still confused on the defensive stats also. does more ranged defense allow me to use more armors or something?

whats the general consensus on mag builds?

I don't plan to buy another mag so i am trying to avoid messing it up.

if the max level is 150 I would atleast go for 100 ranged attack+

how important is the ability/dex anyways? and what exactly does this effect? is it the photon arts?

Grady219
May 9, 2013, 06:32 AM
Your build is your own build. If you feel like you're gonna need that extra bit of defense, feel free to throw it on your mag. Obviously a pure r-atk mag is gonna give you a few extra points of damage and give you access to the higher strength guns, but it isn't a requirement.

deusalkaiser
May 9, 2013, 06:43 AM
I am just confused generally on the "ability" stat what does this do exactly ?
and is this worth putting points into? i read somewhere here it raises minimal dmg cap but this sounds confusing as hell to me since i almost always do the same dmg on enemy.

back in PSO we also had to raise the accuracy on mag to help us land hits on enemy does this still apply in PSO2?

Syklo
May 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
Lol.
Accuracy in pso2 is just skill; if you physically hit something, it hits; you only miss if the attack itself completely misses. If you still don't get that: do you rely on chance to hit a tree in real life?

DEX/Ability is basically a "Damage balance" stat, kinda like DEX in maplestory. Basically makes your damage range more stable by increasing the relative minimum of your damage range.

General consensus on mag builds: Focus on the Atk stat that you'll be dependent on the most, and only invest in points for DEF or DEX or other ATK's if you need them to equip certain gear towards end-game (not that we have much of end-game but you should get the point).
E.g. 100 R-atk, 50 Dex (Should you aim for a green duel gaze or the like).

Also don't make the same mistake I did and distribute stats for the sake of levelling your mag ASAP.

deusalkaiser
May 9, 2013, 07:19 AM
thank you very much for information guys.

Du1337
May 9, 2013, 06:37 PM
I raise my mag half s-atk and half r-atk. I have RA and GU now on my char but when I want to lvl HU I alrdy have lots of S-atk to help me lvl. U can also focus on just one of those 2 so u can equip better endgame weaps.

Emp
May 9, 2013, 06:43 PM
A mag with a R-atk and some dex is standard for most players. When the most recent level cap(level 60) is reached, I've noticed most players go for pure atk mags for fun. You could go for pure DEX if you want to reach the dmg cap.

In all honesty, you'll be able to equip all 10* or lower weps with level 150 mag(level 93 R-ATK-, level 57 DEX) by level 45 main class, level 45 subclass.