PDA

View Full Version : Insanity.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 10:36 AM
I think this is it:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Go3VsMU.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I was simply running Ruins Exploration with a friend, then a friend of his had joined us in area 2. Soon after, as you can see in the picture above, we actually had Chrome Dragon spawn, and a Wolgahda capture code happen at pretty much exactly the same time.
This wouldn't have been too bad. However, we were caught totally off-guard when Chrome Dragon ate the Wolgahda. Seriously, I wish I'd had recorded it. We didn't get the Wolga drops or EXP, huge dick move on the part of Chrome.
After that happened, while we were still fighting Chrome, we got both Darchyme Dstruction and Energized Crystal Protection codes. We managed to finish the Darchyme code, but the Crystal Protection code seriously failed instantaneously from Chrome's impaling spikes from the ground.

Then, after finally we finally killed Chrome, we went to the boss and got a Rigshrayda, which I DID record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3c7f1nJeFo

Of course I forgot to start recording before entering the boss room, so I missed the intro.

The entire time, it was just us three. There was never anyone else in the MPA, so I have no idea how we could get a flood of E-Codes like that.

Mekhana
May 9, 2013, 10:40 AM
ON NOM NOM

Seems like Chrome wanted a super sized meal.

Coatl
May 9, 2013, 10:44 AM
Fun times with rare Rig~

Jakosifer
May 9, 2013, 10:45 AM
More tales of insanity. Funding it.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 10:46 AM
It would've been pretty neat if Chrome Dragon had a hidden fourth body part he could grow by eating a Wolgahda or Gwanahda. Sadly, that isn't the case.

More tales of insanity. Funding it.

You mean you want me to post more insane stories? xD

I forgot to mention. it was just us three. There was no one else in the MPA.

Requiem Aeternam
May 9, 2013, 10:53 AM
If that was me the Chrome Dragon would've done me a big favour. I HATE Code: Capture :-P

Jakosifer
May 9, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mhmm, tell me about yourself, your hopes, your dreams, your trials, your tribulations, your successes, your failures.

OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD GENERAL - GO!

Kierto
May 9, 2013, 10:58 AM
Chrome can eat Zesh or Ragne, too. It's pretty cool. I wonder if he can eat Hunar?

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 10:59 AM
Chrome can eat Zesh or Ragne, too. It's pretty cool. I wonder if he can eat Hunar?

What if he tried, then they melded and we got Chrome Hunar? Please god no.

Requiem Aeternam
May 9, 2013, 11:00 AM

I'd love to see that. It'd be hilarious :lol:

fay
May 9, 2013, 11:07 AM
I had a run like this yesterday that was lucky.
I done free forest for the first time in ages and at the end was a rogbelt. Then on my next run through I found a rogbelt mid mission with yet another rogbelt at the end of that one too.
3 rogbelt, 2 run through missions.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 11:10 AM
On the topic of Chrome Dragon:
HAZE WILL SPAWN EVERYWHERE ELSE:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/n5ZZIT0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W8jghfk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jWurQCZ.jpg[/spoiler-box]
BUT GOD FORBID HE SPAWN IN SANCTUM:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/9Hpebp9.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zyrusticae
May 9, 2013, 11:15 AM
A few weeks ago, during a free volcano run, there was only me and one other person in the multiparty. On the way to Vol I got hit by a

Code: Attack

with a caterdran popping out of the ground. Okay, that's nice! But of course it couldn't be that easy.

Code: Avoid

popped up a few seconds later, and my bloodlust actually caused me to fail it as I continually attempted to destroy the caterdran. Oh, well! I killed the caterdran, but then -

Code: Destruction

came up. Darchymes, darchymes everywhere. On the way to the third one I got stopped by a wall.

Code: Elimination

Holy shit, this map ain't messin' around! The other guy was on the other side of the wall, too, and nothing was spawning on my end, so I ended up waiting quite a while for him to kill everything. Meanwhile, the clock on the darchyme detonation was counting down. As the walls finally cleared, I noted the time on the clock. 20 seconds! Goddamn! Rushing to the darchyme, I managed to kill it, and thankfully the other guy was smart enough to go in the opposite direction to take out the last one that spawned, finishing the code with a few seconds left on the clock. BUT THEN -

Code: Attack

Well! This map just keeps on giving. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), this was the end of the code train, but it was still 5 back-to-back codes one after the other, with only two players in the entire MPA. What a rush! Wish this sort of thing happened more often.

Emp
May 9, 2013, 11:26 AM
That Zesh fight could have been faster. Idk why you just didn't lock-on to Zesh's head crystal and JA Grants it from a good distance.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 12:51 PM
That Zesh fight could have been faster. Idk why you just didn't lock-on to Zesh's head crystal and JA Grants it from a good distance.

Because I already wasn't on my A-game. Also, I've always been wondering what a Just Attack was. I've probably been doing them a lot, but I really dunno what they are.

I was also experimenting with new technic combinations for main and subpalletes, found some good ones.
And it's my opinion that it's much more fun if it isn't over in 2 minutes.

Mekhana
May 9, 2013, 01:24 PM
Did Wolg drop loot when he got eaten btw?

Just wondering.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 01:34 PM
Did Wolg drop loot when he got eaten btw?

Just wondering.

Nope, no loot or EXP. The capture code didn't fail either, it just hit the time limit later.

Aquayoshi
May 9, 2013, 01:43 PM
I wish interesting i.e. crazy stuff like this would happen to me.

Then again, I almost never play free fields because people always want to AQ or TA, and lately I haven't had the time to sit down and play the game a lot. :/

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 01:46 PM
Nope, no loot or EXP. The capture code didn't fail either, it just hit the time limit later.
Sega obviously didn't expect this situation to come up or that Wolga wouldn't have gotten eaten.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 01:52 PM
They probably just coded Chrome's eating to target "Darker" enemies as a faction in its entirety, and forgot that they needed to code in effects for Darker bosses.

I still want to see something where Chrome eats Hunar and then we get a Chrome Hunar or Dark Haze Elder. That second one would be horrifying, I imagine a gigantic black mass enveloping entire Arks Ships and converting the entire ship into new body parts.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 02:22 PM
They probably just coded Chrome's eating to target "Darker" enemies as a faction in its entirety, and forgot that they needed to code in effects for Darker bosses.

I still want to see something where Chrome eats Hunar and then we get a Chrome Hunar or Dark Haze Elder. That second one would be horrifying, I imagine a gigantic black mass enveloping entire Arks Ships and converting the entire ship into new body parts.
I'd rather see it eat a Ragne. Those things are huge.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 02:41 PM
Zesh is bigger!

gigawuts
May 9, 2013, 02:44 PM
I had this happen a ways back with Nass.

I didn't actually see it happen, it was just gone. I assumed it died to one of us, or tobagganned across the map and got distracted.

When I realized it had happened I was then angry that they actually didn't think this was a possibility, and code it so it qualified for a CO kill or even drop the crystal.

GG Sega.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 02:56 PM
Zesh is bigger!
Zeshy might be taller but I think Ragne would be harder to fit into Chrome's mouth.

Jakosifer
May 9, 2013, 04:57 PM
InsanityChan is my new best friend, I feel so HONOR *.*

Emp
May 9, 2013, 05:35 PM
t
Because I already wasn't on my A-game. Also, I've always been wondering what a Just Attack was. I've probably been doing them a lot, but I really dunno what they are.

I was also experimenting with new technic combinations for main and subpalletes, found some good ones.
And it's my opinion that it's much more fun if it isn't over in 2 minutes.

A JA or Just Attack is when you attack and wait for the red circle around your character to appear before you attack again. For you, you would charge your technic then release to dmg then not charge the next technic till you see the circle. You'll know you did if you see a blue sparkles appear.

I suggested grants on Zesh because I saw you die in the boss area. Jumping and charging Ragrants in the air or being close and charging zondeel puts you at extreme risk because he spins frequently(Prolly every 15-20 seconds).

Yes I will agree with you that the longer it takes, the more fun it is. But I wouldn't want to risk losing an S rank and the increased # of boss drops.

Keiko_Seisha
May 9, 2013, 05:51 PM
My pals and I have had stuff like this happen frequently while playing together recently.

In a free FC run just the other day we had Ragne pop a total of three times and Quartz stopped us just before we could fight... Well, Quartz. And this is when we were actually trying to go for the end, not run around.

Du1337
May 9, 2013, 06:01 PM
Chrome is a tough mofo.

Emp
May 9, 2013, 06:08 PM
Chrome is a tough mofo.

He's not as hard as Quartz. Quartz can one shot a fonewearl with his head smash.

Du1337
May 9, 2013, 06:39 PM
True, but Quartz doesn't eat Zesh.

Maenara
May 9, 2013, 06:49 PM
True, but Quartz doesn't eat Zesh.

If there was ever an argument about which dragon is the best, this would be the trump card.

Myriarch
Sep 22, 2013, 08:28 PM
Is there a limit to how many darkers chrome can eat?

Ruins always has a nice surprise.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/OGtjie2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Sep 22, 2013, 08:47 PM
Why'd you bump a months old thread?

TaigaUC
Sep 23, 2013, 03:41 AM
Wish I could get codes like that.

I often end up wasting my time running through maps and nothing spawns.
Yes, I clear enemies so that there is room for stuff to spawn, but it doesn't help much.

I hate random number generation so much.