PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of jumping back into PSO2... soonish.

pikachief
May 11, 2013, 04:36 PM
Last time I played PSO2 on a normal basis, the Ruins had just came out I think. Then I started playing less and less due to the fact that I couldn't find anyone to do any missions with. I'd be on for one-two hours a day without being able to find anyone to help me with unlocking Very Hard Mode and thus making the game really boring for me. It might as well have been a dead game.

I got on a little when Dark Falz came out and played that here and there, but after about a week or 2 I just stopped playing altogether.

Now I've been contemplating coming back, but I don't have much play time and starting the 2nd week of June i'd probably only have weekends.

So I was wondering what has changed? I remember there was the second set of classes and lvl 40 at the time I think. Maybe 50. And there was Ruins and Falz and lots of Time Attack missions that I only was able to find a party to play in a couple times :/

Is it easier to find people to do COs and TACOs? Is there a wider variety of missions that have full parties for me to run so that I can do my COs solo or just level up or hunt? I'd like to join but if I'm gonna be sitting in a lobby the whole time looking for people or just soloing, I'd rather not.

I have a huge list of game things to do in my limited schedule and I'd rather play those than sit in a lobby, but Phantasy Star is a series I love and has been in my family since the original was my Dad's first purchase with his first job so I'd like to get into it again.

[spoiler-box]

Gaming to-do list:

Half Life 1-2: Episode 2
Trails Evolution
Zombi U
NSMBU
Trine 2
Borderlands 2 + all the DLC
Infamous 1 + 2
FF13
FF7
R.E. 2+3
OoT Master Quest
PSPo2
Saints Row 3
Bastion
Super Meat Boy
Darksiders
Amnesia
Cave Story
Psychonauts
Torchlight
And a few others

And some Halo 4 and Minecraft building projects that I'm way behind.

[/spoiler-box]

(I believe I have a lvl 15 Fighter and lvl 40-ish Gunner characters but I dont remember)

poopington
May 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
It's pretty easy to solo, level up and do your COs. End game is kinda dull because it's just sitting around unless someone else needs the same stuff you want because no one ever wants to do anything, especially in the english community for some reason.

Requiem Aeternam
May 11, 2013, 04:58 PM
I can see Super Meat Boy on your list of games. I suck at that game. Its so hard :lol:

Content wise there are a few new things. Advance Quests are what people tend to do a lot with a lot of good rares dropping from them. There's also the Dragon Sanctuary field been added. The level cap has been raised to 60 now too. Falz Hunar can now appear in free-fields provided you've faced him in the EQ or story-quest (not 100% sure but I'm assuming this is the case as I have yet to find him) and a new boss called Chrome Dragon can appear anywhere as well.

I'm not sure if it's easier to find people to do TA and COs with as I tend to avoid B20 as much as I can and I'm not part of a team. I could help you with COs but I don't think I'll be much help with TA seeing as I can't do them well at all (can't get above B rank).

gravityvx
May 11, 2013, 05:00 PM
Nothings changed, still same game with more outfits and one new area that nobody runs. And I suppose AQ, which for the most part killed multi party outside of EQs.

Zipzo
May 11, 2013, 05:54 PM
I don't understand, are you asking us if its worth it for you to spend a couple of minutes logging in to check it out? It has no subscription fee, it's not like its difficult for you to just log in and see for yourself.

DeathByPogs
May 11, 2013, 08:49 PM
I don't understand, are you asking us if its worth it for you to spend a couple of minutes logging in to check it out? It has no subscription fee, it's not like its difficult for you to just log in and see for yourself.

If he's like me he doesn't want to wait for hours just to update and not like it. That's what a community is for, getting help and answers to questions. The game must be boring else you wouldn't be trolling the forums.

Dextro
May 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
So you quit because you couldn't reliably find anyone to do stuff with, and you're asking us if things might be different this time around?
Sadly we can't really give you that answer; it's something that you'll need to log-in and find out for yourself.

Sure there's new content, but lack of content isn't exactly the reason you stopped playing now, is it?

gigawuts
May 11, 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm going to be blunt: Most of those games will feel more rewarding than PSO2 has in the time you've been absent.

Jakosifer
May 11, 2013, 09:21 PM
RUN AWAY SAVE YOSELF

Jyasupa
May 11, 2013, 09:27 PM
Why isn't mgr on your game list?
Your summer vacation is...over

Zipzo
May 11, 2013, 10:55 PM
If he's like me he doesn't want to wait for hours just to update and not like it. That's what a community is for, getting help and answers to questions. The game must be boring else you wouldn't be trolling the forums.

...or because I am unable to play the game while browsing on my phone away from home. Gee, that was tough...

If what you say is true then captcha topics wouldn't be loathed. There are certain questions that the user can easily utilize their own resources (maybe a little bit of initiative necessary) to answer it for themselves. What's the game like? Log in and find out. Don't want to wait for the update? That's even an excuse? Set it to update while you're at work or doing other things you'd be doing even if you WEREN'T going to try out PSO2.

It's no different than expecting people who make captcha topics to take but a single MOMENT to do their own research before wasting anyone else's effort reading.

Zenobia
May 11, 2013, 11:14 PM
@OP I remember back in the day when all that stuff was there second classes and all of that good stuff, but I won't lie even when ppl were not running things I had np finding some random Japanese party to lvl up with and I also had np doing VH solos during those times as well ,but that's just me.

On a serious note though you will def have to just come back and see for yourself everything we might say and tell you is totally opinionated really though I do see a lot of B20 peeps doing runs here and there and TA's more frequently now.

All and all though it's out job to try to help you and answer you question as good as we possibly can it's your choice on whether to come back to PSO2 or not.

pikachief
May 12, 2013, 02:14 AM
I just wanted to know other people's experience in being able to find parties and things to do in this game. If everyone else is currently having issues about these things too, then why even go through the trouble. Like it was said, isn't this "communication" stuff what this online community is for?

ShinMaruku
May 12, 2013, 02:20 AM
Why isn't mgr on your game list?
Your summer vacation is...over

MGR should be on everybody's play list. Armstrong too good.

blace
May 12, 2013, 02:27 AM
MGR should be on everybody's play list. Armstrong too good.

Jetstream story.

Coming Soon: Bladewolf.

If you own a PS3 or 360, you better get this game.

Aeris
May 12, 2013, 05:47 AM
Jetstream story.

Coming Soon: Bladewolf.

If you own a PS3 or 360, you better get this game.

My rl friend and bother might get it for PS3 but no way for 360 :|.

Alucard V
May 12, 2013, 12:26 PM
It's good to hear from you again old friend and it would be better to see you as well. Truth be told tho online is kind of slow the only Parties you may be able to find are for Time Attack or Advance Quest.

ShinMaruku
May 12, 2013, 03:13 PM
All I'll say no don't come back you are expecting something Sega won't do. Not that they can't do it they won't Instead I say get MGR and it's DLC and give money to people with vision and ambition.

Lumpen Thingy
May 12, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'd say come back the update record seems fine to me and if you actually go to other blocks like 7-10 and find a team it should never be hard to form parties at least from my experience.

ShinMaruku
May 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
I just say be pragmatic and move on.

pikachief
May 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow after class. Also I'm seeing a lot of MGR suggestions, but after playing the demo I realized I was just not a fan at all of the gameplay :/ But I DID forget to add Battleblock Theater! I like that game a lot! I also gotta build some levels on that game too lol

gravityvx
May 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
I just read through that list of yours, not completing bastion when you have it is blasphemy, amazing game. Bastion first, everything else later, the games not too long and it's really good compared to most on that list.

jerrykun
May 12, 2013, 04:14 PM
Get friends, play a game, have fun... or
Play solo, get bored, don't have fun... play another game
Gamers nowadays are hard to please...

Meyfei
May 14, 2013, 08:38 AM
i skimmed~~

1: THE CONTENT ISNT END GAME! OMFG!!
2: Avoid PSO2 at all cost if you value your time's usage. Nothing's changed same old outfit, patch, profit crap, oh and a level cap.
3: MGR sounds like fun times with a cardboard box *stealth mode*

Gamers nowadays are hard to please...

rant~
[spoiler-box]
Generally because you get Slack coder-wannabe's making games that look like a certain multi-million dollar company's game and doing nothing to make it look original (WoW Clones). Anything new and fun looking turns out to be boring as all hell due to Promotion hype and past-game fandom so the company half asses through it, or takes things so slow without even doing fun stuff in the first year.

I started loving online play thanks to Runescape. back in the day I used to play consoles all alone, but once i started playing online I didn't go back. Now I want too, People are so high strung on latest content in games these days they never look back at the old things making it boring for those who would like to try it out, and having to solo stuff? Might as well play a console game, better graphics, no PAY NOW TO WIN bullcrap, and definitely no waste of time disconnections. Also better story depending on the game.
[/spoiler-box]

Calsetes
May 14, 2013, 08:58 AM
I started playing again recently. I figure, what with being one of the few low-level English speakers on a Japanese server, and Ship 2 Block 20 is usually too full to cram into, I made some extra accounts and have a total of two rangers, two hunters, and a force character that I can use and literally play with myself.

I'm sure I'll eventually get up there in level and find other English-speakers to play with, but until then... I'm running in a party made of me, myself, the guy sitting in my chair, and I. Hooray altaholicism!

Link1275
May 14, 2013, 12:50 PM
PSPo2

You can get a little help on that one over here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

As for anyone being online to play, I'm on ship 8 so there's never anyone on.