PDA

View Full Version : psx to pc usb adapters

jooozek
May 11, 2013, 05:50 PM
anyone using any with success with pso2? im planning to get this one

http://img3.buyincoins.com/show/ps2-usb-adapter.jpg

last one i had (for LPT) had a problem where one of the buttons on the dpad didnt work in PSO2 at all but worked in everything else that i tried

Sir Green Aluminum
May 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
I had that exact model, it eventually fried the PS2 controller it connected to. The controller worked for a while on the PC, but later when I used it again on the PS2 the up and down controls were screwed up. It's Chinese made so don't expect quality.
I personally now use a Xbox 360 controller. They are specifically made to plug in to the computer via USB and the xbox. I don't have an xbox, but it's worth it if you dont' want to have to buy a new controller and waste money on a cheap Chinese converter.

Aeris
May 11, 2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ND3XXA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3BVFOU06EC1JZ

Saw this one and someone is using it without any issues, just have to plug in the controller first before connecting to PC though, i do have a old PS2 to USB i bought from radio shack but they stopped selling that after a while, there are lots of others on sale on amazon.

jooozek
May 12, 2013, 12:59 PM
hm, dont want to fry any controller and that three-way adaptor costs where i live roughly what a wireless xbox 360 gamepad receiver cost so guess ill just go for the receiver since ive got a spare x0 gamepad around

RedRaz0r
May 12, 2013, 08:54 PM
Why not just buy a decent controller instead of using one of those junk ass controllers?

Gheert
May 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
I've gone through about 3-4 adapters, but none of them worked outside of psx emulation. Even then, only 1/4 of them worked for THAT. Just spend the 20 bucks it costs on one of these and buy a decent controller - like, seriously, you'll thank yourself.

Aeris
May 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
Why not just buy a decent controller instead of using one of those junk ass controllers?

Because he wants to use the controllers he has still laying around than just dishing out more just to get a new wired controller for a computer, pretty much why.

I've gone through about 3-4 adapters, but none of them worked outside of psx emulation. Even then, only 1/4 of them worked for THAT. Just spend the 20 bucks it costs on one of these and buy a decent controller - like, seriously, you'll thank yourself.

Depends on how its made, the one i bought from radio shack in 06 still works to this day, i know most are made in china and custom made by some people which might be of crappy quality but some can be good.

jooozek
May 13, 2013, 03:06 AM

i dont see any point in wasting money (especially when im tight on money) in a dedicated PC controller when i have plenty of console controllers around

Meji
May 13, 2013, 03:38 AM
I have a very similar model of that blue adapter (heck, it might even be the same). Think I got it about 7-8 years ago though.
Works splendid with both PSX and PS2 controls for various games (Silent Hill for PC, Ragnarok Battle Offline, and many more) and emulators. I've yet tried it out with PSO2 though, since I rather play with a keyboard.

Cagedtaytay
May 13, 2013, 09:18 AM
Just use a Xbox 360 wired controller.

Demon-
May 13, 2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Ps-To-Pc-Controller-Convter/dp/B00081AL50/

Been using one of these for over 8 years now with PSOBB, PSU, and now PSO2. It still works perfectly. I bought mine at a local Fry's Electronics.

Sammickk
May 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
Just use a Xbox 360 wired controller.

^^^This... if ya don't have one, local flee market should, i see them all the time for 2 to 5 bucks

jooozek
May 13, 2013, 10:48 AM
i dont live in the US and local pawn shops got nothing
anyway, i dont need more junk that i already have
and going for the inferior version of the 360 pad is just (brb gonna tangle that wire around my neck)

Shinmarizu
May 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
Those adapters work just fine, I use one. Been using that for PSX emulation; it also worked very well for PSOBB. If you like the feel of the PSX/PS2 controller, this works out quite well.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 02:17 PM
PS3 controller and MotioninJoy with the Xbox 360 emulator profile works well enough to get you started until you can get an actual controller.

RedRaz0r
May 13, 2013, 02:39 PM
Your logic is terribly flawed. It wouldn't be "wasting" your money on "more junk". That is what buying one of those POS adapters is doing. Buying a decent 360 controller would be a nice investment. You got it ass backwards

jooozek
May 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Your logic is terribly flawed. It wouldn't be "wasting" your money on "more junk". That is what buying one of those POS adapters is doing. Buying a decent 360 controller would be a nice investment. You got it ass backwards

lrn2read

RedRaz0r
May 13, 2013, 03:22 PM
lrn2read

Learn to type first

gigawuts
May 13, 2013, 03:35 PM
I know I'm late to the party, but

I use a 360 wireless controller adapter, I have since launch. I've had it for a bunch of games. The thing's durable and great. I highly recommend it, it's worth the cost. It's also first party, which tends to mean it will last longer (Or it used to, anyway).