PDA

View Full Version : Ship 10 dying down?

FMA Elric
May 13, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'm aware that this post is only a day or two before the newest update but I've been feeling this way for a while. Does anyone else on ship 10 feel like the English community is really starting to die down here? Also I was wondering if a switch to ship 2 may be a good choice in this case. :-(

Mekhana
May 13, 2013, 07:16 PM
Ship 2 has been doing well. We're systematically taking over all the blocks.

Wouldn't suprise me if I saw SEGA putting (English) next to the ship number at selection after an update.

Link1275
May 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
Ship 8 has the same problem with even non-english players which is why we're listed 3rd down from the top on the ship list. I've been considering a move over to Ship 2 if they release Dhumans and Vanguards soon.

Laxedrane
May 13, 2013, 08:39 PM
Personally I just stop chatting publicly on ship 10. Since a lot of times my emergency code calls get ignored or result in people just suddenly leaving the MPA. Only getting help if another player happens apon the code or the few that actually respond reguardless.

I've actually been alone with people I thought were english but was too afraid to say anything in case they decided to book it.>.>

BlueCast Boy
May 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Well you can say that English players in all ship(except ship 2) are all inactive or something, or hides themselve and most of them 40~70% transfer in Ship 2 which leave the english community on other ship dying or sort off, its too bad thou this happens alot especially on Ship 7.

Varric
May 13, 2013, 10:08 PM
Ship 2 here. As Mekhana said, no lack of English players here. No matter what block you move to, you'll find somebody that speaks English. Only problem, is the most populous blocks, 20, for example, can be kind of annoying. Most people just sit in the lobby and talk about the most aggravating things, whether it be an argument or just plain being stupid. If you do plan on moving to Ship 2, do so with a friend or two. Or make a few friends from PSO-W that are on Ship 2 already. If you do plan on moving, and would like a buddy, let me know. I'd be happy to help out.

strikerhunter
May 13, 2013, 10:46 PM
Ship 2 here. As Mekhana said, no lack of English players here. No matter what block you move to, you'll find somebody that speaks English. Only problem, is the most populous blocks, 20, for example, can be kind of annoying. Most people just sit in the lobby and talk about the most aggravating things, whether it be an argument or just plain being stupid. If you do plan on moving to Ship 2, do so with a friend or two. Or make a few friends from PSO-W that are on Ship 2 already. If you do plan on moving, and would like a buddy, let me know. I'd be happy to help out.

Good then, more for Ship 02 to actually do something and replace those NPC players that just sit in the lobby.

Yes it is true that B20 is nearly always full and that most are just sitting there doing nothing but it is the easiest place to find TACOs and AQs.

Buddy you say? ID? Makes it easier leveling up a new character with a buddy or two that are new or releveling again for whatever reason. (my ID is my pso-world username)

Zipzo
May 13, 2013, 11:05 PM
Only problem, is the most populous blocks, 20, for example, can be kind of annoying. Most people just sit in the lobby and talk about the most aggravating things, whether it be an argument or just plain being stupid.

Um, no, that's just Block 20.

Varric
May 13, 2013, 11:10 PM
Buddy you say? ID? Makes it easier leveling up a new character with a buddy or two that are new or releveling again for whatever reason. (my ID is my pso-world username)

My ID is Sharp984. Send me a friend request, if you'd like.

Yutaka20
May 13, 2013, 11:10 PM
u can just join a active team in ship 2
then do quests and taco together
personally i am from Ship 2 Desu team
a lively team where everyone chats and have fun doing taco AQ and EQ
but be ward EQ in ship 2 is super packed ;P
that is the trade off for having more players ^^
community in terms of jp folks are pretty friendly.

LordShade
May 13, 2013, 11:46 PM
there are still plenty of players on ship 10, you just gotta know where to look. We don't talk in public chat anymore because we respect that its largely and fore mostly a JP server. There are still several active teams on ship 10 as well, I'm currently in one of the largest with almost 40 actives.

otaku998
May 14, 2013, 12:42 AM
Didn't aware of ship 10 dying down, since i see english players everywhere and always have active people from different team to run stuff with. And pretty much what LordShade said.

Eveningxtar
May 14, 2013, 02:03 AM
I personally don't really think ship 10 english player population is dying, it might just be harder to spot them since we don't speak english in public chat and there is no specialized block where all english players gather unlike ship2

Syklo
May 14, 2013, 02:34 AM
The power of osmosis.

Even if everyone else moves over to ship2, i'm not moving.
'Cuz I'm committed*

*-I would be if I had more free time.

Valcron
May 14, 2013, 03:24 AM
Kind of a short-term lurker here.

I play ship 10 with my friends. Outside of our team, I don't see a lot of English players, if any. Or I can't tell if they're English.

We hang around block 27 mostly and can often be seen on the seats near Koffie/Rebecca. Feel free to say hi once in a while!
(I'm actually there right as I type this. It's super late and I won't be there long.)

untrustful
May 14, 2013, 03:45 AM
Yea we definitely don't speak publicly like we used to. Probably because of the rumors I STILL HEAR about english people getting banned for talking in english. I hate those rumors. If you ever need someone to talk to about this game or whatever for ship 10, look for me. I have a ton of free time on my hands when I'm not doing TACOs or AQs.

Account Name: Dr Untrustful
Character Name: DrLego

Dr. Professor
May 14, 2013, 07:53 AM
No love for ship 4. Wish I had known back then that ship2 was the english community, but thems the breaks. Always willing to partner up with players none the less. Shoot a hello to Zenshi.

DFC
May 14, 2013, 08:01 AM
There are english speaking players on all ships, you just have to look hard enough.
I wouldn't want to be in ship 2 though, would be quite weird if i saw people spamming english everywhere.

Amaranthus
May 14, 2013, 08:03 AM
Nothing to do on pso2 atm... Just wait for them updates, we'll be back! :D

Du1337
May 14, 2013, 08:13 AM
Ship 2 all the way. ENG PC and Vita players all the way. If it stays like this I never go to the ENg version... They can stop that project and focus on this... Really...

Walkure
May 14, 2013, 01:52 PM
I still see the usual crowd of English-speaking players, though my group is pretty small.

AgemFrostMage
May 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
I do ship 10 and it isn't empty at all. Sometimes people randomly join my mission but we typically not bother each other and I even sometimes heal when people look like they need it.

FMA Elric
May 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
hmmm, after looking at ship 02 and what goes on there (spamming and stuff) i'll have to think about it more than I thought. I like peaceful blocks, but i'm torn because I don't enjoy dead silence for prolonged periods of time either :-?

untrustful
May 14, 2013, 03:05 PM
Join a team, just not my team. Join uhhhh this team:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206360

Destis
May 14, 2013, 10:31 PM
hmmm, after looking at ship 02 and what goes on there (spamming and stuff) i'll have to think about it more than I thought. I like peaceful blocks, but i'm torn because I don't enjoy dead silence for prolonged periods of time either :-?

Well based on my experiences in block 20, the people there usually spam somewhat, now and then. It is not like PSU was when there was afk'ers on the 4th floor of the 2nd universe, a huge monster it was. Ship 2 block 20 is fine. I think the majority are in their rooms and that being the people in teams who simply socialize or are running missions. Since it is full most of the time and not able to get into block 20 then I just go for the other ones. There will always be english players there too. And the japanese community there are suprisingly very nice only a few who may be stubborn or somewhat irritable. But like you said, think about it then, just take my advice as info.

RadGalaxy
May 14, 2013, 11:34 PM
Ship 10 is the same as it ever was. I'm the team leader of Liminality, we're still alive and quite active. As most people said, people speak English in the lobby often. The community is certainly there. A lot of people have finals around this time of the year and are taking a short hiatus.

riku2replica
May 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
Ship 8 does lacks of English Players which actually leads to most of them either stick to the team members or speak japanese with jp folks.

As for Me, i would try to initiate some chat with online english friends.

RadGalaxy
May 15, 2013, 02:03 PM
Oy, I need to not make posts when I'm dozing. I meant to say people DON'T talk in the lobby often. D: Ah well.

indescribably
May 15, 2013, 05:21 PM
I have no experience with the other ships aside from 02, but as far as I'm concerned with the JP players, as long as you're respectful -- they're not at hateful as JP PSU players. I'm assuming most JP players who hate foreigners playing PSO2 play on the other Ships, knowing well that Ship 02 is an importer ship. With that said, the JP players that do decide to create characters there are pretty friendly.

But as others have said in this topic, B20 is always full with the most importers, but you would usually go to like the other blocks "Vita, hard, very hard," or your team for AQ or TACOs. Join Ship 02!