PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Tried This Game with Xpadder and Xbox Controllers?

Kanivakil
May 14, 2013, 02:32 PM
I was thinking about purchasing Xpadder (used to be free) and playing PSO 2 with controllers, just like the old days. Anyone tried it out?

Alisha
May 14, 2013, 02:34 PM
you shouldn't need xpadder with a 360 controller

Kanivakil
May 14, 2013, 02:37 PM
Oh cool. I didn't know the game supports controllers. Thanks!

Drifting Fable
May 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
You don't need Xpadder, but I can say it does work when you want some of that keyboard functionality in your controller, like numpad weapon switching on your controller instead of the numpad or d-pad scroll.

Myriarch
Jun 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
Personally I prefer to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller with a wireless adapter. I bought a wireless adapter for $20 not too long ago, I had to install a driver I found on Microsoft's website so the adapter and controller would be compatible it works well. Just remember to have a recharge pack(cable) cause when you play for long hours you're bound to run outta battery.
Sorry I made you read so much.

Microsoft Money

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 08:37 PM
Well Xpadder and Joy2Key both work with PSO2, though it should pick up 360 and PS3 controllers just fine without them.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 08:39 PM
I have a issue, Xbox controller doesn't sync with wireless receiver on windows xp and i don't know why, so im stuck with the keyboard and mouse, which are getting a hammering from playing pso2

Inazuma
Jun 20, 2013, 08:41 PM
Macros aside, JoyToKey is better than Xpadder. Plus it's free.

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

shagia
Jun 20, 2013, 08:43 PM
I have a issue, Xbox controller doesn't sync with wireless receiver on windows xp and i don't know why, so im stuck with the keyboard and mouse, which are getting a hammering from playing pso2

have you tried downloading and installing this? (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows)

IMO I prefer PSO2 on a controller, it just feels more functional to me.

xanthro
Jun 20, 2013, 08:43 PM
you mean they fixed ps3 controller problems? Motionjoy + wired ps3 controller works now? Before any major update, I tried a Ps2 controller and my usb adapter thing. tried to edit the keys and it said they went in right, then they acted as if I put them in all wonky >< X for jump became R3 because Pso didnt understand it,, same problem w/ ps3 controller as well.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 20, 2013, 08:46 PM
Yea xbox 360 controller (well microsoft made anyway)
Just plug and play
Except the button layout is different.
Might be japanese 360 layout....not sure...
Either way I've gotten use to it...

Sinue_v2
Jun 20, 2013, 08:49 PM
The game works well enough with a controller. A nice feature of the game is the ability to remap your controller functions to change up depending on the view mode. This allows me to customize the controller for left-hand only optimization when in TPS mode, and then dual-control using a trackball/mouse in the right hand for precision aiming tasks.

It'll take some getting used to having your controller orientation completely switch up on the fly, but I find it works well for what I want it to do.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 08:51 PM
I, too, really enjoy Joy 2 Key with a 360 controller. It lets me do custom button combos that the ingame settings would not allow, like holding down a button to do another feature.

So for my weapon palette, I have the 1 key bound to up on the dpad, but the 3 key bound to holding up on the dpad for .2 seconds. Tap it: get weapon 1. Hold it: get weapon 3. It's a nice way to customize things, since the controller hasn't really got enough buttons for PSO2.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
have you tried downloading and installing this? (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows)

IMO I prefer PSO2 on a controller, it just feels more functional to me.

I did :( sadly the lights on the controller just keep flashing, I've tried seaching countless threads on the issue also.

Crimson Exile
Jun 20, 2013, 09:03 PM
I, too, really enjoy Joy 2 Key with a 360 controller. It lets me do custom button combos that the ingame settings would not allow, like holding down a button to do another feature.

So for my weapon palette, I have the 1 key bound to up on the dpad, but the 3 key bound to holding up on the dpad for .2 seconds. Tap it: get weapon 1. Hold it: get weapon 3. It's a nice way to customize things, since the controller hasn't really got enough buttons for PSO2.
Have you set anything else up on the controller? Been thinking about picking that program up for awhile now.

Jei182
Jun 20, 2013, 09:26 PM
I use my X-Box controller to play it through my laptop. It's weird because I'm actually using a mix of both. I find myself pressing the numbers to use items and hitting shift +X and Y on the controller to perform my extra button actions.

La'Haryl
Jun 21, 2013, 07:34 AM
The freeware version of xpadder is still floating around. It's the internet man, everything is free.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 21, 2013, 08:03 AM
I use a Logitech X-Box controller in this game and sometimes the buttons make noise. I wouldn't play this game without a controller.

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 08:07 AM
You guys realize he's asking about the Original Xbox controllers, not 360? Because PSO came out on the original XBox.

PSO2 should still autodetect a controller of some sort, as long as the proper drivers are installed, though.

Oh good god, the problems I used to have with drivers using a homemade adapter for classic xbox controllers. The memories, they burn.

Just go get a 360 controller.

UnLucky
Jun 21, 2013, 08:24 AM
I'd rather a controller with a workable d-pad

Scarlet-Star
Jun 21, 2013, 09:47 AM
you mean they fixed ps3 controller problems? Motionjoy + wired ps3 controller works now? Before any major update, I tried a Ps2 controller and my usb adapter thing. tried to edit the keys and it said they went in right, then they acted as if I put them in all wonky >< X for jump became R3 because Pso didnt understand it,, same problem w/ ps3 controller as well.

Motionjoy + Ps3 controllers always worked for me.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2013, 01:45 PM
if you don' like the 360's triggers being set up in an axis (and want to separate them like direct input), or if you find there are failures with using original Xbox controllers and the OEM drivers, i believe the community made XBCD drivers work for for both+^_^+
just keep in mind there is no support for Wireless controllers+^_^+
http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-xbcd-0-2-7-release-info-updates-will-be-posted-here

xanthro
Jun 22, 2013, 05:16 PM
Motionjoy + Ps3 controllers always worked for me.

I'll give it another try then :) ty

Khorin
Jun 23, 2013, 09:15 PM
I'm using the Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 for AGES now (it practically looks like a relic now). It's always done its job, and whenever it breaks or something, I just take it to a service center.

14 buttons, two analogs and a d-pad here without the need to install additional drivers

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jun 23, 2013, 10:02 PM
motioninjoy works well if you want to go wireless. of course you want to map the buttons and set up the controller via calabration but after that its all good in the hood G

mandraxx
Jun 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
A quick word of warning to those of you who plan on using motionjoy -

it is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to uninstall, and can create problems with your bluetooth drivers. The older your machine is, the worse this problem can be.

I had a machine literally torn to pieces over motionjoy's software. But don't take my word for it - google the net and you'll see that it is a problem.

So what to do? Use a 360 controller. They work beautifully. OR use a trio linker plus adapter. Those will work with - PS2/Dreamcast/GC/PS3 and a whole bunch of other controllers (you will need a ps2 -> ps3 adapter for ps3 to work).

Just a word of caution. Enjoy.

AlaskanKactus
Jun 24, 2013, 02:08 AM
I've been using an Xbox 360 controller with a Wireless Receiver since launch day. Having played PSO and PSU with a controller, I wouldn't be comfortable without it. Plays great.

I've also used a PS3 controller with Motionjoy. Just enable the Xbox 360 controller emulator and you're set. Plays just as good.

o0Kais0o
Jun 24, 2013, 06:35 AM
I just plugged in my 360 controller and went on my merry way.