PDA

View Full Version : Installed Patch But It Did Not Work

Kanivakil
May 14, 2013, 09:36 PM
I installed it into Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 as it instructed but it didn't work. Hopfully it didn't matter if I had extracted the files twice in it.

Mikessc88
May 14, 2013, 09:50 PM
when u extracted u needed to replace the existing files. Also make sure u have the most recent patch

blace
May 14, 2013, 10:12 PM
There's content update today as part of the maintenance, the patch you have is more than likely outdated and will need to wait for the up-to-date patch.

Noc Codez
May 14, 2013, 10:14 PM
And so it begins.....

Kanivakil
May 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
Okay. It makes sense now. The patch is probably outdated now. It was dated April 13, for the large file.

Grady219
May 15, 2013, 02:13 AM
Did you extract it as an administrator?

Zorafim
May 15, 2013, 02:40 AM
Are your network cables connected?

Um... wait until the patch is updated for the current patch.

Kanivakil
May 15, 2013, 07:21 AM
Did you extract it as an administrator?

"If you are having trouble extracting the patch to the win32 folder due to 'Access denied', run WinRAR as Administrator and navigate to the rar through that, then extract as normal."

According to what this says I don't have to.

Maronji
May 15, 2013, 07:50 AM
"If you are having trouble extracting the patch to the win32 folder due to 'Access denied', run WinRAR as Administrator and navigate to the rar through that, then extract as normal."

According to what this says I don't have to.

...It's simpler to extract to a separate folder and copy the patch into the win32 folder in the first place, in my opinion. No having to run programs in Administrator Mode (thereby losing the drag-and-drop option), and let's be honest: if you're going to manually navigate to a folder, you're already going to have a folder open where your patch archive is; might as well extract the patch to a separate folder, manually navigate to the win32 folder, and drag-copy across windows.

Kanivakil
May 15, 2013, 08:06 AM
I patched it with no problems.