PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to play this atm?

Rosel
May 15, 2013, 11:07 AM
Deleted it a while ago due to lack of endgame, was eyeing this 'extreme quest' bit...

It's just a daily quest? Did they add anything? is there new enemies?

Can anyone explain a bit what got added? I looked at it and saw... DARK RAGNE. AS IF I HAVEN'T FOUGHT HIM enough. Jeesh.

For doing well financially, this is one of the slowest updated games anywhere on the market, holy cow.

I like how the new trailer is playing this 'epic dramatic music' while advertising all these bosses we've been fighting for a year like its something new and cool. :-?

WTF. Is there at least any new swords added?

RagolianHunter
May 15, 2013, 11:15 AM
This game is apparently not for you. All PS online games are repetitive.

Sounds to me like you like a game that has a beginning, middle and end.

Would be a rather crappy set-up for a MMO. Cause you could just thru it in a month then be done with it and never pay/log again.

Two Cents.

Rosel
May 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
What?

No, I don't want it to have an end, that's why I want new content. I already beat all the other stuff in PSO2.

Skyly HUmar
May 15, 2013, 11:20 AM
What?

No, I don't want it to have an end, that's why I want new content. I already beat all the other stuff in PSO2.

we all have lol. every ps game is repetetive as stated above, if youre not into endless grinding and hunting this isnt the game for you.

RagolianHunter
May 15, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ahh I misread, I get you now.

Withdraws Two Cents.

Rosel
May 15, 2013, 11:21 AM
Meh. I wouldn't mind endlessly grinding if what we had to grind on was actually good.

I have two issues.

1. There's nothing fun to grind on. (obviously opinion)

2. There's nothing to grind for. (I mean, you don't just grind for no reason right? There's no unique weapons or anything like that in this game, they all do the same thing.)

So, I'm just waiting... waiting...

RagolianHunter
May 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
This will be my last posting in this thread.

Do you have all 15 level PA's? Nicely affixed, grinded etc weapons and units?
Few friends and laughs keep me interested enough that this doesn't even feel like a grind.
All guns shoot bullets, all fists punch...stoping there....

Quatre52
May 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
Slowest updated games? The hell games do you play that have more stuff added in under a year than this has?

Z-0
May 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he means slowest updated game of concrete content.

In which he would be absolutely correct. After the release of Extreme Quests today, I am very tempted to just take a break until SEGA get their heads in gear.

MetalDude
May 15, 2013, 03:26 PM
Was just going to say significant content so yeah. Variety is poor and they end up obsoleting one thing (MPAs) with another (AQs).

Mekhana
May 15, 2013, 04:19 PM
The endgame is great. you get to grind tons so you can buy the latest costumes, lobby actions, accessories and voices.

lel

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
After the fail that is Extreme Quests coming out today, I'd say 'no'.

Unless you're a masochist, like most of the people 'round here.

Quatre52
May 15, 2013, 04:44 PM
I'll never understand this place...no matter what is done, people complain..

No updates for over a year on PSU? complain.
Updates every 2 to 3 weeks on PSO2? complain.

Seriously...I just dont get what the hell most of you want from these games...

The Walrus
May 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
New content that is actually good and worth playing along with all the bullshit being fixed.

It doesn't matter how frequently the game updates if all we get is shit

gigawuts
May 15, 2013, 04:48 PM
"we want good content that isn't a costume with a real money price tag"

"you guys are getting tons of bad content what more could you want"

SociableTyrannosaur
May 15, 2013, 04:54 PM
@OP:

No, gimme all your stuff.

Totori
May 15, 2013, 05:15 PM
What?

Have you reallllly beaten everything~? All CO's also? :o

Rosel
May 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
You mean like every random fetch quest? No, probably not. The 'bulk' of the game- I've done all of it.

I guess extreme quests aren't so hot, I don't fully understand it but if it's just old monsters with tons of restrictions, I guess I won't bother.

What's the difficulty like? :-?

The Walrus
May 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
Put it this way: people can clear groups of stages in 3-5 minutes. Some individual stages in seconds.

bradsta6508
May 15, 2013, 06:04 PM
I am re installing now. Played the closed beta and a little bit after launch. Can someone fill me in on what I've missed in the last 10 or so months?

Midori Oku
May 15, 2013, 06:10 PM
I am re installing now. Played the closed beta and a little bit after launch. Can someone fill me in on what I've missed in the last 10 or so months?

Not much. lol

The Walrus
May 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
Costumes, second classes, subclassing, new PAs, new areas, costumes, accessories, time attacks, advance quests, plot, costumes, Falz, new stuff for teams, and did I say costumes?

Link1275
May 15, 2013, 06:14 PM
Let's see, Desert, Mines, Floating Continent, Tundra, Ruins, Sanctum, AQs, and XQs.

LordShade
May 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
XQs are fun, stop being all sour.

(anybody with half a brain would realise that the stone requirement is bound to get nerfed cause JPs complaining and such)

Dnd
May 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
XQs are fun, stop being all sour.
Until you realise you get maybe 5 mins worth of XQ a DAY, I'd agree

I cant actually believe im bored of pso2, after one day of a content patch....

Lumpen Thingy
May 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
Not much. lol
that's funny now go play PSU Midori.......ohhh wait a minute

Midori Oku
May 15, 2013, 10:40 PM
that's funny now go play PSU Midori.......ohhh wait a minute

Oh, I'm going to play it a lot more when the mods are complete.

In all seriousness though, what's changed? More outfits, more enemies/bosses that are still not able to challenge capped out players? Actual content that actually gives you something new to do (and a lot of it) is not seen that often. Updates even slower than what was on JP PSU, and that's something I would never expect for SOJ.

I'm actualy playing Defiance for the most part now! Unlike PSU, or even PSO2 it's actually a challenge. The enemies actually scale with how many players are around. The more players, the more enemies that are around, and they have more HP, and do more damage. The game game is actually a challenge even if you are by yourself. No matter how good the gear you have is, you are never overpowered. Even the weakest of enemies (in the lower level areas) can still slaughter a level 5000 with maxed out gear. People on the Defiance forums actually complain about how hard some of the enemies actually are. In fact I've even been in boss battles with 100+ people, and not even be able to beat the boss. I have a feeling that a lot of people would actually like to see something along these lines added to PSO2. Something that can actually separate the elite from the casual. It's something I even wished PSU had, believe me. S4 was a nice addition in difficulty to PSU, but it was far from what it actually needed. While TA's on both PSU, and PSO2 show skill, there needs to be more.

Edit: You know just as well as I do that PSO2 has so much potential, and is far from what it could be. I think most people see that.

Chik'Tikka
May 15, 2013, 11:07 PM
i got really excited when i found out there were white wings+^_^+ then really bummed when i found out they're about as big as pigeon wings.....

Vyrielle
May 15, 2013, 11:19 PM
In the last 10 months
> New equipments, check
> New costumes, check
> New quests, check
> New race, coming soon
> New class, check (another one coming soon)
> New platform, check
> New areas, check (another one coming soon)

Well, I can't really complain, I'm pretty satisfied with the whole game, except for gunner being weak. Still, this game is fun, challenging, and can be played anywhere with PSVita.

Also, there will be more update in the next two-weeks, June Bride revival, more AQ areas, new weapons.

IMO this game is the FASTEST updated game that I ever played, bi-weekly, sometimes weekly updates, even if it's just costumes, or weapons, or client order campaigns.
Some certain game doesnt even update their news page for a month :/

EvilMag
May 15, 2013, 11:20 PM
I have to agree with Midori.

Totori
May 15, 2013, 11:29 PM
In the last 10 months
> New equipments, check
> New costumes, check
> New quests, check
> New race, coming soon
> New class, check (another one coming soon)
> New platform, check
> New areas, check (another one coming soon)

Well, I can't really complain, I'm pretty satisfied with the whole game, except for gunner being weak. Still, this game is fun, challenging, and can be played anywhere with PSVita.

Also, there will be more update in the next two-weeks, June Bride revival, more AQ areas, new weapons.

IMO this game is the FASTEST updated game that I ever played, bi-weekly, sometimes weekly updates, even if it's just costumes, or weapons, or client order campaigns.
Some certain game doesnt even update their news page for a month :/

Yeah, I have to almost fully agree, this game is great. Heck it's one of my favorites, the updates are fast and nice. Still keeps me interested, and I don't think it ever will be replaced by another game.

The Walrus
May 15, 2013, 11:39 PM
challenging

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/403/Girls.png