PDA

View Full Version : new patch killed english patch translations(sorry for dumb question)

deusalkaiser
May 15, 2013, 02:17 PM
for those of us who are completely clueless and 100% depend on translations:

1) do i need to re apply the patch in order for it to get fixed or is there some sort of patching system within the folders?

i understand and read that the patch has been updated but even with google they just have link to older version. Can anyone please help me out or point finger in right direction.

blace
May 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
Bumped.org has a link to the original site that the patch creator frequents as well as datamining info.

deusalkaiser
May 15, 2013, 02:22 PM
ok found it thank you i was mostly confused on either patching or reinstalling. see you all online ^^

Kanivakil
May 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
My teacher told me that there is never a dumb question because it's not dumb to be inquisitive, even if you are just lazy about doing it.

RagolianHunter
May 15, 2013, 02:50 PM
can someone pm me the link i cannot find it on bumped.

The Walrus
May 15, 2013, 02:55 PM
It's on the PSO2 Guide List page.

RedRaz0r
May 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
can someone pm me the link i cannot find it on bumped.

Google it then, PMing it is still against the rules.

Calsetes
May 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Stupid question, if only because I just found out about this one last night:

Would the Story translation patch still work, or is that like the others and requires the patchmakers to update it for use with the new content update that hit last night or so?

indescribably
May 15, 2013, 03:15 PM
You can always download the Chrome Extension for PSO2 if you use Google Chrome as your browser. I believe you can find it at www.arks-layer.com. When you install it, there's a button on your brower that gives you info on links to bumped.org; pso world; the english patch; the story patch; what is the latest EQ for Ship 2, and other miscellaneous information.

Hope that helps.

RedRaz0r
May 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
Stupid question, if only because I just found out about this one last night:

Would the Story translation patch still work, or is that like the others and requires the patchmakers to update it for use with the new content update that hit last night or so?

I don't use the story patch personally, but my guess would be that it stays generally the same, unless something in the story mode is changed. You can always back up the original files and give it a try, and if there is an issue you can revert the changes.

Calsetes
May 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
Good point, I'll give that a try when I get home. Kind of have a headache that's starting to go away, so worst-case scenario I try it, it doesn't work, I re-verify the files and fix it later after a quick nap.

indescribably
May 15, 2013, 03:50 PM
I think the general rule of thumb is that after every maintenance update with new stuff added, you have to repatch everything again with the latest patch provided by the community.