PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 May 29th update trailer

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2013, 08:50 AM
Trailer for the May 29th update, which will include 3 new Advance Quests (City, Ruins, Sanctum), new clothes, and another set of Extreme Quests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1BVn_iuXE

More info about the update in bumped:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-more-extreme-and-advance-quests-on-may-29th/

In the trailer, a new weapon from the pyroxene store can be seen:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img248/203/pso2newpyro.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Upgrade for the sword Chelate Edia (キレートエディア), since it is dark element (and also taking into consideration how the weapon looks), it's very likely that it'll require spellstones from the City AQ.
It requires 610 S-ATK, and, with the Mutation I/Power III affixes it has 537 S-ATK, which means 497 S-ATK without the affixes, putting it between Kadugachi and Burn Spada.

Zenobia
May 16, 2013, 08:56 AM
LOL......why does Chelate Edia キレートエディア have to be in der T3T as a red wep fuck dammit SEGAC!!!!

Also I want that black wedding dress o3o.

gravityvx
May 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
Hunars finally farmable, yay for non disappointing update.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 09:22 AM
I want that Boktai coffin. I think it's a mag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Deus777/Boktai/Update2/Boktai-04.png

I need that mask so that I can be like this character in this halloween comic I never finished.

[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/THEENDREMIXOPEN_zps49b3169a.png[/spoiler-box]

Meji
May 16, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hunars finally farmable, yay for non disappointing update.My thought exactly.

Kierto
May 16, 2013, 09:47 AM
I like the Desert PSE Burst BGM. Although that has 0 to do with what will appear in the actual update, lol.

I'm thinking JP are gonna QQ enough that we'll get Client Order campaigns for EX Passes, or another 10 with this update.

May as well login now to go take part in the Market madness! (Although that already happened somewhat during the Nico stream)

Coatl
May 16, 2013, 10:25 AM
Why'd the pyroxene sword have to made from an already super rare, super expensive rare sword. >.> And I thought the Ikutachi(イクタチ) was bad.

Requiem Aeternam
May 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
I want those Patty and Tea key-rings :-o

Gardios
May 16, 2013, 11:27 AM
I hope that if you place the doll in your room, it will attempt to murder you when you lay down in a bed.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
Why'd the pyroxene sword have to made from an already super rare, super expensive rare sword. >.> And I thought the Ikutachi(イクタチ) was bad.

AND It's a cool looking sword. >_>;

They really love putting sword on a pedestal in terms of being annoying to get.

The Walrus
May 16, 2013, 11:32 AM
What's the sword made from this time?

Coatl
May 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
What's the sword made from this time?

It says in the OP but it's the Chelate Edia(キレートエディア ) which drops from lv46+ Gu Wondas. Will cost roughly up to 10mil+ after this update. :wacko: No latent either it seems.

Every other class has it easier than HU in obtaining AQ pyroxenes lol. Welp, I'll be keeping my lambda ardillo for a long long while it seems.

Jakosifer
May 16, 2013, 11:44 AM
City AQ

The back of my head is ready...

MetalDude
May 16, 2013, 11:46 AM
Sweet, looks like I'm sticking entirely with buying an Ikutachi then unless we get confirmations of Ruins Charm also being converted as predicted.

Zeota
May 16, 2013, 11:49 AM
That casket reminds me of the old-school NES RPGs where dead party members followed you around as caskets. Good times!

The Walrus
May 16, 2013, 11:52 AM
It says in the OP but it's the Chelate Edia(キレートエディア ) which drops from lv46+ Gu Wondas. Will cost roughly up to 10mil+ after this update. :wacko: No latent either it seems.

Every other class has it easier than HU in obtaining AQ pyroxenes lol. Welp, I'll be keeping my lambda ardillo for a long long while it seems.

Oh durr didn't even notice it was in the OP...

Anywoo that's kinda ridiculous.

Coatl
May 16, 2013, 11:54 AM
Thinking about it, it doesn't make sense that this new sword is from the new AQs. Gu Wondas already spawn in Desert AQ don't they?

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
They sure do. Unless they're making them spawn in City too for some reason.

Zyrusticae
May 16, 2013, 12:03 PM
Shouldn't be surprising, really. There's lots of overlap between zones in terms of Darker spawns.

But goddamn, man. That sword is ridiculously rare as it is... They have got to be less stingy with the damn drop rates already.

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
Reason it would be "surprising" is that 0 enemies repeat in the Advanced Quests so far, including darkers and machines.

Anyway, the sword is like... 13 more S-Atk than a +10 Kagu or something, not really worth it.

Shinamori
May 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hunars finally farmable, yay for non disappointing update.

Hunar Farming?

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hunar is the boss of the Ruins AQ.

Macman
May 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
But goddamn, man. That sword is ridiculously rare as it is... They have got to be less stingy with the damn drop rates already.
Pattern recognition is telling me that the next Extreme Quest will make it more obtainable. You saw what's happened to Gravel Core.

Mekhana
May 16, 2013, 12:35 PM
Like I said in our podcast, Elder Pain will probably be less of an uncommon sight after the update.

Maximum Burst
May 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
If Guwondas appear in Desert AQ, then I bet that Gawondas will appear in Ruins with no overlap. Ruins will get all of the remaining Darkers that are weak to lightning, and City will get all of the remaining Darkers that are weak to fire. That's my guess anyway.

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 12:52 PM
Both Wondas appear in Desert AQ.

Vintasticvin
May 16, 2013, 12:56 PM
Sooooo looking forward to nabbin the Lady Fauma set and that pspII:i dress everything else is just curtains to wipe my arse with :D

MistahBlob
May 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
The Bridal Dress....
TAKE MY MONEY

Sayara
May 16, 2013, 01:38 PM
Can we take a moment to discuss that Hunar's extras in his boss battle are fucking Cyclondas and Kukliondas?
SHIT

jooozek
May 16, 2013, 01:42 PM
kuklos arent as bad as cyclos
those sonovabitches
i dont get their spikeball hitbox

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 01:42 PM
My solution will be to go in solo. +^_^+

jooozek
May 16, 2013, 01:44 PM
let the leader go in first*

Z-0
May 16, 2013, 01:44 PM
well yes that's what I meant. I already do it in Tundra because elephants are terrible and who cares about losing some adds

Sayara
May 16, 2013, 01:45 PM
people wanting Nesir would be pretty disappointed.
(see Clear Duplex vs Mammoth)

EvilMag
May 16, 2013, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't mind them since chance for a Ruins Charm to drop if its gonna be upgradeable.

Coatl
May 16, 2013, 02:42 PM
Can we take a moment to discuss that Hunar's extras in his boss battle are fucking Cyclondas and Kukliondas?
SHIT

WELP, this is where they separate the men from the boys..

Saffran
May 16, 2013, 02:44 PM
No, what separates the men from the boys is whether or not the leader goes in solo...

The Walrus
May 16, 2013, 02:51 PM
SHIT

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmshcI4x21rxblgx.gif

Die well

Xaeris
May 16, 2013, 03:18 PM
Oo, it appears I was right about that set being the Urban AQ set. That means the accompanying items should be Calax Gun, Calci Weapon and Acro Cane.

Zenobia
May 16, 2013, 03:19 PM
I won't lie man but I've been farming Rockbear for the Ikutachi for a hawt ass minute when Kagutachi was put in the red proxeyne shop and I swear out the 200+ Bears I've killed sense starting and up to this date that sword has not dropped.

It's like it doesn't even exist RNG is.....noooooo

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 03:32 PM
I won't lie man but I've been farming Rockbear for the Ikutachi for a hawt ass minute when Kagutachi was put in the red proxeyne shop and I swear out the 200+ Bears I've killed sense starting and up to this date that sword has not dropped.

It's like it doesn't even exist RNG is.....noooooo

how to play PSO2 without going insane:

Plan A: Don't want any rares.

Plan B: If Plan A fails, don't hunt them anyway.

/coming from a dude that hunted ikutachi to get kagudachi and got it on second run.

Mekhana
May 16, 2013, 03:34 PM
I've gotten two before and like everything else that drops, I wasn't farming for it. Both were from the Rockbear at Nab 1 Taco.

Whatever I decide to farm refuses to drop. So I learned to just avoid the farming mentality.

Zorafim
May 16, 2013, 03:39 PM
Trailer for the May 29th update, which will include 3 new Advance Quests (City, Ruins, Sanctum), new clothes, and another set of Extreme Quests.

This update is only bringing new cloths? Same as usual then.

HOLY SHIT NUN OUTFIT

I might be able to put that veil to good use!

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 03:40 PM
after the 3rd or 4th item that I've failed to find after months. I came up with the idea that there's certain invisible factors that control droprates.

Basically spamming the same mission over and over and running straight to the boss = non-existent drops.

And S-ranking the mission and doing multiple different missions, (as in not just the same 3-4 missions daily.) will lead to a average chance of SOMETHING dropping.

Which is why almost every player will probably tell you that 95% of the rares they've gotten. was on "accident." I'd understand something like that to get people to play different parts of the game more. But it being a secret RNG rate... there's probably a more darker underhanded reasoning behind it.

This idea of mine was kind of reinforced when they pretty much gave us a hint on trying to get darker-den. Basically outright saying the game will know if you keep spamming and restarting the same mission and it lowering DD's chance of happening.

Mekhana
May 16, 2013, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't suprise me if that was true.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2013, 03:44 PM
after the 3rd or 4th item that I've failed to find after months. I came up with the idea that there's certain invisible factors that control droprates.

Basically spamming the same mission over and over and running straight to the boss = non-existent drops.

And S-ranking the mission and doing multiple different missions, (as in not just the same 3-4 missions daily.) will lead to a average chance of SOMETHING dropping.

Which is why almost every player will probably tell you that 95% of the rares they've gotten. was on "accident." I'd understand something like that to get people to play different parts of the game more. But it being a secret RNG rate... there's probably a more darker underhanded reasoning behind it.

This idea of mine was kind of reinforced when they pretty much gave us a hint on trying to get darker-den. Basically outright saying the game will know if you keep spamming and restarting the same mission and it lowering DD's chance of happening.
Well, running straight to boss does kinda mean less chances of rare drops from the boss.

as we all know, the boss drops a minimum of 4 items. Important thing is that the RNG which may give us the rare item from the loot table is happening only with one of those drops. The other 3 are junk items like discs, normal weapons or meseta.

Now about the 2 ways to increase the number of drops:

1) Breaking enemy parts - drops added via this way won't give us rares from the main loot table on the boss. That RNG is not happening there, it's just junk and/or RNG for the items that require certain parts to be broken (like Vol units).

2) Killing a set amount of enemies - also known as the S rank clear. Up to 4 items can be added to the boss crystal drop by killing a set number of enemies. There are 2 very important facts about this:
a) Every additional drop added this way has a chance to be a rare. The RNG from the boss loot table is working when generating every single one of them.
b) The reason this way is called S rank clear is because the amount of monsters required to increase the drop rate will net you an S rank. Thing to note - this doesn't mean that the S rank run will guarantee an increase in drops. This is mainly because the quota for increasing the number of drops is sometimes higher than the one for an S grade.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43475075&postcount=1832

~Aya~
May 16, 2013, 03:45 PM

I agree with this... but.. sometines you just gotta..

BELIEVE IN YOSELF!!

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't suprise me if that was true.

funny enough the first time I tried to test this theory was by only hunting a specific rare I wanted by clearing the entire mission five times once a week only. So the game would see it as a mission that I rarely play and... reward me for it with realistic drop rates or something. I was kind of too lazy and stopped caring about it to test it more than a couple times.

But.

The first time I tried, I ended up with a rare within' the first run. >_>
Just not the one I was looking for.

@ ezo, that one is common knowledge. I mean more than just the simple concept of getting more boss drops. (which in general yeah is one of the blatant things that help if you've pretty much doubled your chances compared to when you run straight to a boss.) And I also don't mean boss drops only.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2013, 03:54 PM
Well, in the end, the RNG is just weird.
A friend has been hunting for demonic fork for months, in the end got nothing from quests, free field, or even the AQ. Then, when doing a caves AQ just to help out someone unlocking capsules (Koffie CO), Jinrai dropped...

BIG OLAF
May 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
I knew there would be a City AQ. Now to go 'haw haw' at whoever it was who disagreed.

EDIT: Also, holy shit, that's a lot of clothing and accessories to come out all at once. Unless it's not coming out all at once.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
Well, in the end, the RNG is just weird.
A friend has been hunting for demonic fork for months, in the end got nothing from quests, free field, or even the AQ. Then, when doing a caves AQ just to help out someone unlocking capsules (Koffie CO), Jinrai dropped...

It's that exact scenario that doesn't make sense to me. and made me think of this.

The story you just told is WAY too common. "I was hunting X item for a really long time, then I did few runs somewhere else in a mission I don't normally do and get a super rare weapon like nothing."

But you almost never hear of people finding something their just looking for.

If the problem was that RNG was simply "too random" or "weird" it wouldn't be that simple. But it definitely seems like a waste of time to think about trying to abuse it as well. Which is why I don't rant about it like a crazy person. >_>;;

So you can literally only tell people not to both focusing on hunting a specific item. But even after that they can play however they want.

Zorafim
May 16, 2013, 04:06 PM
That is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And worse yet, I believe you.

The fun of owning a rare weapon is working for that rare weapon. When you hold up a psycho wand, you say with pride that you ran ruins 200 times to get it. With this method, the people who want the item and the prestige will never get it, because the item they want will only drop using some method that's too annoying to use. And the people who want neither will get it easily, because their hapless stumbling actually increases the odds of them getting it.

Not only is this counter intuitive for maximizing fun, it also works for Sega's favor. The guys who want the items will keep on playing for a chance at that item. And if they give up and just pay for it, there's always one in market because of those hapless wanders who just happen to pick one up. But, the hunter needs to pay real money to trade for it, because 10*s aren't tradable otherwise. It's just evil.

Sayara
May 16, 2013, 04:08 PM
I was Mahu/Guardianna hunting for ever ago, did alot of Mammoth AQs, missions and what not. (My friend got 2 of em btw)

but then i walked into a mines mission to help with a vader. Saw one sinow and punched him to drop a Noise Blower.

So i totally agree with the notion of: Don't WANT anything it'll drop randomly for you eventually.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2013, 04:15 PM
Personally I don't hunt for anything anymore, hunting for stuff in PSU was annoying enough, so any rare that I actually find in PSO2 is accidental. ^^;

gigawuts
yeah I've suspected the game whitelists items for you to find for a while

I kind of wonder if there's either a whitelist that resets an item slot to another item if you find it, or just changes on a weekly basis.

Link1275
Anyone else starting to think that you can almost literally NEVER get rares for your own class? Back in PSP2 which rares dropped from what monster was determined by your class, only then you could find stuff for your own class.

MetalDude
May 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
I'm honestly positive midbosses are unaffected by enemy kills, but bosses its tried and proven to be so. Midbosses are incredibly random about whether they drop me 4 or 8 drops of anything, but I can always expect bosses to drop a lot after an S Rank run.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 04:20 PM
Anyone else starting to think that you can almost literally NEVER get rares for your own class? Back in PSP2 which rares dropped from what monster was determined by your class, only then you could find stuff for your own class.

This I'd never be able to guess...

I find "plenty" of melee rares, by plenty I mean what I DO find is a fair ratio of melee stuff.

But something I think giga said a long time ago, similarly to what he just said, maybe we have invisible section ID's too. >_>

gigawuts
May 16, 2013, 04:21 PM
rock put me in your sketch

draw me as a box with kawaii eyes

sitting on cel, who is also a box

Link1275
May 16, 2013, 04:23 PM
This I'd never be able to guess...

I find "plenty" of melee rares, by plenty I mean what I DO find is a fair ratio of melee stuff.

But something I think giga said a long time ago, similarly to what he just said, maybe we have invisible section ID's too. >_>
What I'm saying is that we have an invisible section ID, it's your class. Basically, forces get ranger weps, rangers get hunter weps, hunters, get force weps, back to forces. In this way Sega can make it so that you have to buy and sell stuff on the player market to actually have a realistic chance at getting what you want. Which in turn leads to them making lots of money.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
What I'm saying is that we have an invisible section ID, it's your class. Basically, forces get ranger weps, rangers get hunter weps, hunters, get force weps, back to forces. In this way Sega can make it so that you have to buy and sell stuff on the player market to actually have a realistic chance at getting what you want. Which in turn leads to them making lots of money.

Like I said in my first sentence, I can't tell from the drops I get, and I'm usually FI/HU but a fair ratio of the rares I get are actually melee. >_>;;

Maybe class could affect our invisible section ID? But that's just making things more complicated to think about. <_<

Punisher106
May 16, 2013, 04:29 PM
>Ursula Replica

then comes Yut, then comes Chelsea, Then finally Shizuru? =_=

Link1275
May 16, 2013, 04:29 PM
Like I said in my first sentence, I can't tell from the drops I get, and I'm usually FI/HU but a fair ratio of the rares I get are actually melee. >_>;;

Maybe class could affect our invisible section ID? But that's just making things more complicated to think about. <_<
I guess the only way to know for certain is to get someone to read every file in the game and find the RNG, then look for discrepancies in it that reveal segacs evil business plan.

Enforcer MKV
May 16, 2013, 04:31 PM
So...they release good female versions of the HUcast and FOcast...and yet butcher the RAcast....

Usually, I don't care about parts. Usually, I wouldn't care at all. But goddammit, I was hoping for a good Caseal transition there.

God dammit, Sega, are you 'trying' to make me angry at you?

-First World Problems-

gigawuts
May 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
So...they release good female versions of the HUcast and FOcast...and yet butcher the RAcast....

Usually, I don't care about parts. Usually, I wouldn't care at all. But goddammit, I was hoping for a good Caseal transition there.

God dammit, Sega, are you 'trying' to make me angry at you?

-First World Problems-

I want caseal parts for casts :/

BIG OLAF
May 16, 2013, 04:34 PM
I want caseal parts for casts :/

Gigawuts in the Helma set, plorzzzz

~Aya~
May 16, 2013, 04:39 PM
I think there should be section ID anyways.. was very cool... i miss that.

gigawuts
May 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
No wait, Rock, I change my mind.

Draw eye's on jaqrou's hat. I am his hat.

~Aya~
May 16, 2013, 04:47 PM
No wait, Rock, I change my mind.

Draw eye's on jaqrou's hat. I am his hat.

LOL.... so ugly....

You need to play again.............. just play.. dont worry about drop stuff and just run free~

It calls for you~

Also... our mumu has much DP.. love newest album.

BIG OLAF
May 16, 2013, 04:55 PM
I am his hat.

Wouldn't you rather be a brassiere?

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
HAT OR BOX, HAT OR BOX?!

/panic

Jakosifer
May 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
You should make my hat X instead, so it can be like an empathic hat that shrugs at everything I do and say.

gigawuts
May 16, 2013, 05:22 PM
well if I'm on box celille I'm still a hat

so box celille or jaq

that is the real question

maybe put jaq in a box and me on jaq

i can be a hat on jaq in a box

Vintasticvin
May 16, 2013, 06:00 PM
The Bridal Dress....
TAKE MY MONEY

You might not wanna say that... I said that when Naijin Series sega literally took my money specially in my foray to get the miku mag.

Galax
May 16, 2013, 06:20 PM
boktai coffin all I'm excited for.

MistahBlob
May 16, 2013, 06:46 PM
You might not wanna say that... I said that when Naijin Series sega literally took my money specially in my foray to get the miku mag.

It's okay.. I've got plenty :D

Ezodagrom
May 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
Gunner buff incoming:

Telepipe Bug in Parallel Area

We have received reports of a bug where the telepipe returning to the Camp Ship does not show up after completing the parallel area in the “With Wind and Rain” Emergency Quest. If you have encountered this bug, we suggest cancelling the quest and starting over.

Gunner Class Balance

We have received various opinions about this issue and have decided to buff some Gunner skills and photon arts in the future. We’ll announce more details later on.

Attack PP Restorate Skill Decreased

We have received reports of a bug where the Attack PP Restorate skill gives considerably less PP than it should. This seems to have been applied during the May 15th maintenance, and though we have identified the source of this bug, it will take some time for us to correct this issue. We plan to fix it by May 29th’s maintenance.
Compensation: Any character with a LV1+ “Attack PP Restorate” skill prior to May 15th’s maintenance will receive a Triboost+100% as compensation.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-more-extreme-and-advance-quests-on-may-29th/

Cyron Tanryoku
May 17, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yay buff

inb4 shooting 50mil Elder Rebellions

gigawuts
May 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
Nah ER and IF are fine.

The buff will probably be for dead approach.

I wish I was joking but they really will look at GU and see the melee side being seriously underused and probably only buff ZRA and the melee PA's.

Coatl
May 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
I won't complain if they buff ZRA and satellite aim. Better make ZRA boost by like 40% max level. :I

MetalDude
May 17, 2013, 11:56 AM
Satellite Aim needs some fucking range improvement, seriously. That and I wouldn't mind Bullet Squall being buffed a good chunk as it's already pretty situational.

gravityvx
May 17, 2013, 11:59 AM
Messiah Time buff incoming, it will now shoot three more burrets.

Coatl
May 17, 2013, 12:02 PM
Bullet squall needs a huuuuge AOE increase and dmg increase if it ever wants to see the light of day. And they need to work magic with messiah time to not make it the most useless PA ever.

Z-0
May 17, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mechguns just need to be more than a situational boss killer. I guess you could argue that of rifles too, but mechguns are supposed to be the "trademark" of the gunner class, but there's almost no reason to use them. Even when I take Gunner for Falz Arms, I just hit Falz with 6-shot Homing Emissions and do 48k ~ 60k (depending on if I JA) each PA.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 17, 2013, 12:11 PM
How the hell do you even work Homing Emission anyway

I keep messing up and they all don't hit..

Bellion
May 17, 2013, 12:19 PM
Blast the enemy at point blank. Just get the distancing right and you should be fine.

I'd prefer if they just change Zero Range Advance to something like Close Range Advance. I hate having to hug an enemy just to get a damage boost. Most of the TMG PAs need either a damage boost, better range, or both.

gigawuts
May 17, 2013, 12:23 PM
What needs to happen is homing emission's missiles should do 75% less damage to anything it didn't actually lock onto for that specific missile. HE is insanely powerful if its missiles are balanced around hitting separate targets, or insanely weak if they're balanced around hitting one target.

Mechguns need less emphasis on the melee and more emphasis on mid-range. Turn IF into the boss killer and don't boost ER with the next round of PA's so it falls into obscurity. ER is such a bad PA that I can't even begin to describe how to fix it. It's too long, its damage has essentially zero travel time (no need for leading or worrying about a target moving, like on ranger's single-target options). It has a lift at the end that it shouldn't. It has AOE at the end that it shouldn't. It keeps you in the air for safety too long and shouldn't give you hyper armor protection from every grab and flinch in the game. It also should not be flip cancelable. I'd want it turned into a mid-range burst damage move (meaning shorter range), without the AOE or the lift. ER and IF are just redundant.

Change Additional Bullet so it's a series of rays that terminate on contact with an enemy hitbox. No more penetrating AB that kills everything in its hitbox.

Reduce headshot bonus damage and increase bodyshot damage. Give Aerial Shooting actual shooting while you dash. Place emphasis on each PA actually shooting, out to about level 3 over end range for the standard PA's, leaving IF and normal attack ranges alone.

God, GU is such a mess. It's got good melee, but the actual melee classes can't make use of it, and nobody who plays RA actually wants melee or else they'd be a melee class.

NoiseHERO
May 17, 2013, 12:25 PM
What needs to happen is homing emission's missiles should do 75% less damage to anything it didn't actually lock onto for that specific missile. HE is insanely powerful if its missiles are balanced around hitting separate targets, or insanely weak if they're balanced around hitting one target.

Mechguns need less emphasis on the melee and more emphasis on mid-range. Turn IF into the boss killer and don't boost ER with the next round of PA's so it falls into obscurity. ER is such a bad PA that I can't even begin to describe how to fix it. It's too long, its damage has essentially zero travel time (no need for leading or worrying about a target moving, like on ranger's single-target options). It has a lift at the end that it shouldn't. It has AOE at the end that it shouldn't. It keeps you in the air for safety too long and shouldn't give you hyper armor protection from every grab and flinch in the game. It also should not be flip cancelable. I'd want it turned into a mid-range burst damage move (meaning shorter range), without the AOE or the lift. ER and IF are just redundant.

Change Additional Bullet so it's a series of rays that terminate on contact with an enemy hitbox. No more penetrating AB that kills everything in its hitbox.

Reduce headshot bonus damage and increase bodyshot damage. Give Aerial Shooting actual shooting while you dash. Place emphasis on each PA actually shooting, out to about level 3 over end range for the standard PA's, leaving IF and normal attack ranges alone.

God, GU is such a mess. It's got good melee, but the actual melee classes can't make use of it, and nobody who plays RA actually wants melee or else they'd be a melee class.

Why you trynna make my money spent on R-mag wasted? D<

This game whack anyway let me get OP. D<

gigawuts
May 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hmm. Here's a solution for GU:

Give every mechgun SATK equivalent to the RATK. Apply ZRA to all striking damage and increase its range for ranged damage. Convert all physical melee-oriented mechgun PA's to striking.

Add more bullet-oriented PA's based around mid-range, leave all existing melee-oriented mechgun PA's alone (besides converting them to SATK).

Bam, new class combo options and better balance, plus GU gets more options.

Aine
May 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
How about just delete GU

cheapgunner
May 17, 2013, 01:25 PM
Increase the number of bullets fired during normal attacks and bump the meh TMG pa's up a bit (as others suggested).

D-Inferno
May 17, 2013, 01:28 PM
Well, Fighter, Gunner, and Techer should never have existed in the first place (just give HU/RA/FO TD/DS/Knux/TMG/Wands). Fighter's front/back gimmick would not be missed (so glad RA/HU is stronger now), nor would Chain Finish really. Techer's perks are nice, but Forces tree should have had Techer's perks in place of Elemental perks. Sadly, SEGA makes cash off of the Elemental Mastery setup.

Plus, RA/HU(FI) and FO/FI having advantages over GU/RA and FO/TE is a huge kick to the balls to anyone who had a three char setup for HU, RA, and FO. They're not really even what they seem like on paper; RA/HU and FO/FI makes you think "Ranger/Force who occasionally uses melee weapons", but it's really just Fury, Brave, and Wise Stance abuse. For characters who were intended to be Ranged and Tech only, you either had to level HU and FI, or dump that character, and focus on one or two characters.

GU/RA would need a lot to compete with RA/HU, or at least have it do certain things better than RA/HU. I think a Stance of sorts would be cool. Perhaps a large buff to Perfect Keeper to like 40%, as well as only needing 80% HP would help a lot. ZRA's range not requiring you to be as close would help too.