PDA

View Full Version : So how hard is it to get started in the game now?

Calsetes
May 16, 2013, 09:51 PM
I'm wondering how hard it is to really "get into the game" here, what with me being low-level and all and having a hard time getting into the one english-populated block on Ship 2. My highest level is a level 15 Hunter, and with everyone else being at least 30+, I really feel like I'm going to be slowly soloing my way up to where everyone else is right now. Are there a good number of low-level people for me to team with, or do I just kind of "rough it out" on my own? I uh.... I made some alternate accounts so I can at least have a team of NPCs with me, but that means leveling four separate characters on four separate accounts, which means it'll take maybe four times as long.

Oh, also - what's the difference between the 200 AC and the 500 AC scratch tickets? They look like they have the same items - do the more expensive ones have a higher chance of good items, or something?

ArcaneTechs
May 16, 2013, 10:03 PM
just do Kofi's Client Orders and you'll hit 30 pretty dam fast, they literally couldnt make leveling any easier than it is

Maronji
May 16, 2013, 10:28 PM
Oh, also - what's the difference between the 200 AC and the 500 AC scratch tickets? They look like they have the same items - do the more expensive ones have a higher chance of good items, or something?

A little of everything VS all clothes/parts only. That's literally about it.

ashley50
May 16, 2013, 11:14 PM
Hard? hard is non-existent in this game.

Link1275
May 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
Look me up, I my character is level 17 atm. You basically end up doing Koffie's COs, if you stop doing them you stop leveling like a train hitting a wall.

Xaelouse
May 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
Hard? hard is non-existent in this game.

hard to stick around

forgot to add "while being a male cast"

blace
May 17, 2013, 12:27 AM
Getting through the game now is a non issue. Before having more areas open to normal mode, Tundra and later required you to be level 30+ to even gain access to.

Grab your COs and play through the areas.

TaigaUC
May 17, 2013, 01:20 AM
I levelled another character recently, and even though I walked them through everything, it felt like it was much easier to level than it used to be.

For example, requirements for various orders (quests) are much more relaxed. They used to be so ridiculously tight that it took several attempts and a lot of luck to succeed. You get tons of EXP for unlocking areas, where previously you got nothing. There are many more areas than before, too. Starting content is old now, and so earlier equipment is much less expensive than it used to be.

Calsetes
May 17, 2013, 06:49 AM
Alright, thanks for the info guys. I was worried it might be like some other MMOs I've played where I hopped in later than "the horde" and I'm always stuck doing everything on my own and never catching up to people. Good to know that it's not going to be a big issue.

AgemFrostMage
May 17, 2013, 09:17 AM
hard to stick around

forgot to add "while being a male cast"

What's wrong with male cast? If buying arks cash becomes easier then I make my second character a male cast hunter/gunner =)

gigawuts
May 17, 2013, 09:24 AM
What's wrong with male cast? If buying arks cash becomes easier then I make my second character a male cast hunter/gunner =)

Male casts are the best at melee by something like 1%, second best at guns by like 1%, and worst at force by like 17%.

On the flip side, newearls are the best force by like 5%, and nowhere near as disadvantaged at anything else even close to 17%.

FO is pretty absurdly powerful in essentially every game mode, and being restricted from playing one decently is a pretty noteworthy hindrance.

Male casts also do not have boobies, so they do not get much cosmetic stuff compared to anything else.

Male casts got the short end of the stick with pretty much everything this time around.

deusalkaiser
May 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
Male casts are the best at melee by something like 1%, second best at guns by like 1%, and worst at force by like 17%.

On the flip side, newearls are the best force by like 5%, and nowhere near as disadvantaged at anything else even close to 17%.

FO is pretty absurdly powerful in essentially every game mode, and being restricted from playing one decently is a pretty noteworthy hindrance.

Male casts also do not have boobies, so they do not get much cosmetic stuff compared to anything else.

Male casts got the short end of the stick with pretty much everything this time around.

I also find it completely retarded how cast get shafted this much on this game, every single race/class seems somewhat closely balanced for every class except for force where cast get like 15%+ less stats while in the other hand the newman race does not get as much penalty for making hunters/rangers.

they either needed to buff the crap out of cast in the Sattack/Rattack in order to balance out the crappy Tattack or get them closer to other races.