PDA

View Full Version : PC Windows 8

Sid
May 17, 2013, 12:54 AM
Well is the problem with windows 8 fixed yet? My friend is on it and it just dosent work, gameguard starts and then nothing >.<

HIT0SHI
May 17, 2013, 01:01 AM
You have to be more specific than that.

I have a friend who plays PSO2 with Windows 8 just fine, so it might have been that your friend's computer doesn't have the required specs (Video Card, RAM, etc) or might of have used a Eng patch wrong or even use an old version of the Eng patch.

Sid
May 17, 2013, 01:04 AM
Well he clicks the game, gameguard starts then it just stops and the game dosent load at all,and he didint installed the english patch or anything

Aeris
May 17, 2013, 01:13 AM
I think that was back when Win 8 was in beta testing for free use, should be working now since its officially released last year of fall.

Sid
May 17, 2013, 01:16 AM
He downloaded it last month, is it like a problem with game guard? Ben searching for info on it but i cant find anything useful

Aeris
May 17, 2013, 01:27 AM
Well it depends on programs or antivirus program that interferes with it, some people have issues loading gameguard while others doesn't have no issue with it on Win 8.

Sid
May 17, 2013, 01:28 AM
oh, well il inform him of it to see what he can do, tkx for the info :D

Meji
May 17, 2013, 02:26 AM
Another Windows 8 user here. Game works flawlessly for me. Don't have any anti-virus programs installed though.

jwplayer0
May 17, 2013, 02:42 AM
Just like above, game works flawlessly for me as well, though I have some tips that might help him. First ask him if he installed Windows 8 or if it came with a computer or laptop. Depending on the answer would make the following a lot easier. Then make sure UAC (User Account Control) is disabled and DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is disabled, a simple google will get you the information.

If he's using windows 8 that was installed when he got the computer or laptop, than he prob has UEFI instead of BIOS, that might complicate things for disabling DEP.

Go ahead and try to disable DEP, if it gives an error, preform the steps in the following video to try and disable Secure Boot Policy so you can disable DEP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ElzvaL96cw0

XbikXBd
May 17, 2013, 03:48 AM
try run as admin. i had to do that till the December update where they kinda fixed that.
also make sure brackground stuff is not open too cuz game guard is weird like that.

Sid
May 17, 2013, 01:39 PM
Tkx every1 for the info il let my friend know of this, and tkx again!

RedRaz0r
May 17, 2013, 02:53 PM
It works fine on the release version. If he is having that issue, he's using an old pirated version or the beta version.