PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Umbra and the new EQ

TaigaUC
May 17, 2013, 01:24 AM
Out of curiosity, has anyone encountered Mr. Umbra (Umblla) in the new EQ yet? I thought they said the chance of encountering him would be increased, but I've done it 12+ times and still haven't heard or seen him.

Edit: Updated this post with various relevant information.

Notes on the new EQ:
- Currently the rarest event EQ ever
- Area 1 layout is always the same, but rotated 90 degrees
- Area 2 layout is always the same
- Weather is often (or always?) "heavy rain".
- Chance for parallel area teleporter in area 1.
- Area 3 boss is always a single Rockbear or Rogbert. Tends to be a boost Rogbert (good farming chance).
- Umblla has a small chance to spawn in areas 1 and 2.
- A parallel teleporter may appear after beating the area 3 boss that leads to a "rappy nest" themed parallel area, but with Umblla. It will appear next to the exit teleporter.
- After completing or failing Umblla's parallel area, the exit teleporter may not appear for at least 5 minutes.
- You can meet Umblla multiple times in a single run (including the parallel area).
- For bursts (especially after crystal protection), multi-party often prefers to meet at the exit.
- Frog rappies have a chance to drop the Bianco Parasol, and a Paprika Head accessory.

* If you're farming area 1 or 3, please disable multiparty so as to not take up multiparty slots.

Emergency Trials seen in area 1: (may or may not be accurate/complete)
- Avoid (Gel Bulf)
- Avoid (Visbolt)
- Collect (drills)
- Protection (ship)
- Attack
- Duel
- Arrest (frog and regular rappies)
- Clone

Emergency Trials seen in area 2: (may or may not be accurate/complete)
- Avoid (Visbolt)
- Protection (crystals)
- Collect (items)
- Attack
- Duel
- Destruction

Bosses that appear in the new EQ:
- Rockbear, Rogbert
- Fang Banshee/Banther, Banther Donna/Ong
- Zeshrayda, Rigshrayda
- Wolgarda, Aronagarda
- Chrome Dragon, Haze Drall
- Dark Ragne, Dark Agurani

How to complete the Umblla trial:
- Umblla will announce his presence in the area with a "de aaaaaru!" voice sample.
- Players have to find him for him to spawn. He can spawn pretty much anywhere in area 1, but only spawns in the 4 corners in area 2.
- When he appears, you will get a notification from one of the radio operators.
- Umblla will descend from the sky slowly.
- Nearby enemies can attack Umblla, which counts as attacks towards him.
- Immediately clear out all the nearby enemies, or have a Force kite them away and AOE them away from Umblla.
- Spread out and surround him to cover his north, west, east and south (3 or 4 people should be enough).
- Do not use any attacks near Umblla. More than two attacks will anger him. Healing and revival items are fine.
- Wait for Umblla to spin and strike in random directions. This can take a while.
- Once he has successfully completed two strikes, he will take to the sky, and after a short while, a red item crystal will appear.
- Umblla tends to drop a lot of meseta, and some grinders. He will rarely drop his 10 star all-class staff. It is preferably to identify it with "lucky rise" to stack with "temptation" (total of +15% drop increase).
- If he misses twice or is attacked more than twice, he will turn into a blue cyclone and try to kill everyone, then leave.

JP Wiki page (with images of area layout, etc):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E9%9B%A8%E9%A2%A8%E3%81%A8%E3%81%A8%E3% 82%82%E3%81%AB

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 01:27 AM
I got him in a PW in the boss room once, but not in the MPA

TaigaUC
May 17, 2013, 01:34 AM
I got him in a PW in the boss room once, but not in the MPA

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't think they'd do something like that. According to the JP wiki for the EQ, the chance of getting that parallel teleporter is high.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E9%9B%A8%E9%A2%A8%E3%81%A8%E3%81%A8%E3% 82%82%E3%81%AB

Edit: According to the comments, it's possible for him to appear in normal areas, but rare.

Edit3: It seems that the exit portal may not appear in the Umbra parallel area and you'll become stuck. Telepipes won't work, so you either have to drop the quest or wait ten minutes for a portal to appear.

strikerhunter
May 17, 2013, 01:49 AM
Really? Must really be bad lucky because I had him in every single run from either beginning, near ending or parallel.

Zalana
May 17, 2013, 01:49 AM
He's been in 2 of the MPA's I've done of the EQ even with me not even fighting the boss. Seen him in a few AQ's as well mainly tunnels.

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 01:58 AM
Edit2: It seems that if you get the Umbra parallel area and fail his mission, the exit portal won't appear and you'll become stuck. Telepipes won't work, so you either have to drop the quest or wait ten minutes for a portal to appear.

I completed it (got grinders) and the portal didn't appear. Had to drop.

milranduil
May 17, 2013, 02:00 AM
^ Same thing happened to me and a teammate.

Sizustar
May 17, 2013, 03:27 AM
Completed and didn't get a exit either, same for guildmate.

Jayberoth
May 17, 2013, 03:31 AM
I met him once on an EQ but I didn't know how to complete it, how do you complete it?

Sizustar
May 17, 2013, 03:36 AM
I met him once on an EQ but I didn't know how to complete it, how do you complete it?

Let him hit your or teamate twice either with the hammer or his head.
If it fail or you hit him, he spin arround and instant kill anyone caught in his rage.

EvilMag
May 17, 2013, 03:47 AM
Me and a friend got one. We were chatting in there for about 5 minutes and a warp finally showed up. The warp will take a while to spawn >_>

CheetosKing
May 17, 2013, 03:59 AM
i got him alone in the new eq at the end of the quest and i didnt fail and i still got stuck lol but when i got him a 2nd time the portal appeared must of been lag

TaigaUC
May 17, 2013, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Lots of useful and interesting information.

Yeah, I tend to have really awful luck, which is one of the main reasons why I despise random number generators.

I finally saw Umbra in area 1 during the most recent event. Nothing dropped, though. Was hoping for the parallel area teleporter as well, but no luck.

~Aya~
May 17, 2013, 05:59 AM
I did this for the first time last night with team in JP mpa... the rare monster count and sheer number of boss encounters. I think the second run contained like over 10 rare bosses easy.. was so fun.

I mean.. it was like... kill 3 rockbear~ rogbelts appear and then change over duel to rare banthas.. move like 20 feet and two more rare bantha show uo and then another changeover duel with dark agrani!! Found agrani 3x in that one run!!!!

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 06:15 AM
every boss spawn just pisses me off because idgaf about Banther or I'd run the other forest EQ

LordShade
May 17, 2013, 07:01 AM
I got umbra in the new EQ in the MPA area, he just has a much lower spawn rate compared to the other mobs because you walk 20 ft and get your face smothered by a rare rockbear/agrani/banther duo

BIG OLAF
May 17, 2013, 07:07 AM
Got Umbra in A2 of the EQ last night. Then, we went to A3, killed the boss, and a Parallel Area teleporter popped. Umbra again.

Macman
May 17, 2013, 07:45 AM
Haven't seen him at all. Sure as hell got plenty of (fruitless) Rogbelts and Banther Donnas, though.

ShadowDragon28
May 17, 2013, 08:35 AM
I did this for the first time last night with team in JP mpa... the rare monster count and sheer number of boss encounters. I think the second run contained like over 10 rare bosses easy.. was so fun.

I mean.. it was like... kill 3 rockbear~ rogbelts appear and then change over duel to rare banthas.. move like 20 feet and two more rare bantha show uo and then another changeover duel with dark agrani!! Found agrani 3x in that one run!!!!

I think i was in that same MPA It was epic.

Shinamori
May 17, 2013, 09:40 AM
Aren't the boss spawns increased in this EQ?

Calsetes
May 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
I found this odd guy in a (miserably done) solo run of some emergency quest last night involving Floating Continent at level 11. No idea how to make him hit you other than moving to where he stops spinning and hoping he smacks you with it. I hit him a few times out of frustration and he flew off then. That blow isn't a one-hit kill - it just does a lot of damage, since I survived it at level 15.

I also didn't kill the chrome dragon in time, but I made it to him with only 4 minutes to spare and no good gear since my highest level is the 15 hunter I took in by myself.

Link1275
May 17, 2013, 11:12 AM
I ran into a two rockbear code, went around the corner got another one, and it went changeover code ragne on normal. Yet no Umbra. O.o

HIT0SHI
May 17, 2013, 11:17 AM
Out of curiosity, has anyone encountered Mr. Umbra in the new EQ yet? I thought they said the chance of encountering him would be increased, but I've done it 12+ times and still haven't heard or seen him.

Why yes, yes i have...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/wGWPh30.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
May 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
yeah
[SPOILER-BOX]
GET ON MY LEVEL

http://i.imgur.com/bAmn2LE.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
they should have just made him a boss

areas 1 and 2 are worthless anyway with all the unrelated garbage codes

Z-0
May 17, 2013, 01:56 PM
area 2 is actually pretty amazing if you get a pse burst to occur

camp an entrance or exit and watch the exp come in. just got 400k from one crystal burst

GreenGod
May 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
i got him alone in the new eq at the end of the quest and i didnt fail and i still got stuck lol but when i got him a 2nd time the portal appeared must of been lag

since this quest started Ive seen Umblla about 10-12 times now... along with all the other rare boss's, wich seem like there is ALOT showing up in this new eq

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
but would Mr. Umblla appear during such a burst?

why would you run that specific EQ for an MPA grind?

you wouldn't, that'd be stupid and completely against the whole point

Z-0
May 17, 2013, 01:59 PM
you wouldn't, that'd be stupid and completely against the whole point
:rolleyes:

why would you NOT run the MPA for an MPA grind? maybe it is *for* Umbra, but if the EQ gives a fuckton of EXP, you should definitely seize the opportunity. 12-man exit bursts are insane

have you ever done an exit burst? (ー_ー)

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 02:02 PM
yes, in AQs

also before I bossrush for the PW chance like twenty times with no sightings, is there any way to influence that at all? I got an S rank a couple times but yeah nothing

if not, I'll just keep ignoring all the lizards, bears, and cats that I don't care a single lick for

this EQ is going away in June, so why would I treat it like any other regular plain old MPA map when it has something supposedly unique about it?

it's like running Falz but skipping out on Elder

EvilMag
May 17, 2013, 02:06 PM
:rolleyes:

why would you NOT run the MPA for an MPA grind? maybe it is *for* Umbra, but if the EQ gives a fuckton of EXP, you should definitely seize the opportunity. 12-man exit bursts are insane

have you ever done an exit burst? (ー_ー)

I like the Rogbelts for a chance of Yas 9000M.

Z-0
May 17, 2013, 02:07 PM
if more EXP than Falz Arms doesn't entice you, I dunno what to say. (ー_ー)

im not saying you shouldn't go for belts / umbra if you want to get them, but they don't invalidate the MPA. the set structure with exit / entrances near every point of the loop (don't go into the dead-ends) make setting up good bursts easy.

Punisher106
May 17, 2013, 02:09 PM
I ran into Umbulla in the first block.

Gu Wondas attacked him, I made a nice big chunk of Naberius explode.

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 02:12 PM
if more EXP than Falz Arms doesn't entice you, I dunno what to say. (ー_ー)

im not saying you shouldn't go for belts / umbra if you want to get them, but they don't invalidate the MPA. the set structure with exit / entrances near every point of the loop (don't go into the dead-ends) make setting up good bursts easy.

well personally I'm less concerned about EXP now until I get an Umblla Stick so I can level my other classes up

but I can get EXP any day

there is no other way to "reliably" farm Mr Umblla

kind of the reason it was advertised as such

UnLucky
May 17, 2013, 02:17 PM
Like, I mean, the same exact map it has every single time is a perfect loop with dead ends.

But so what if I can get twice or even three times as much EXP running that map as anywhere else, either on command or in another EQ

Next month I can just run five times as many quests to get that EXP back

But I would have to run over ten times as many quests to maybe see Umblla once on the field

JNMeiun
May 18, 2013, 07:40 PM
how do you get the parallel world? how do you improve your chances of finding him?

been through the EQ over 8 times and lots of rare code duels but no umbrella and no rainbow pipe. Is there a trick to this?

LordShade
May 18, 2013, 09:13 PM
this EQ has to have the most bipolar fanbase ever.

half of them hate the living crap out of it, the other half love the absolute crap out of it.

to me, the MPA area is equivalent or even better then White Day EQ. Mostly because if banshee or rig/zesh drop anything, I've instantly made 2mil + not to mention that crystal burst or even just running around in the circle can easily net you 500k - 1million exp in TWENTY MINUTES.

It would take me around 5-8 AQs to get 1million exp normally. If you're that concerned about finding an umbla rod just buy it (unless your name really means what it says and you haven't found a single legitimate 10star, ever) Damn thing is cheap as chips now. Just hit 150k on my ship (10).

TaigaUC
May 18, 2013, 11:21 PM
Well, still only encountered Umbra once. No luck with the parallel area even though I've finished it at least 10 times. I did get a rappy parallel area in area 1.

There are a ton of reasons to do the new EQ.

Boost bosses seem common, so it's easier to get decent drops, especially rare discs. You can thank the new EQ for the low prices of Over End, Surprise Knuckle, etc. Even with my unlucky streak, I got a Yasminkov9000 by accident (on my non-ranger account, of course). It made up for the 3+ million Dudu stole when I tried to grind the forest AQ staff past +7 (even with the use of +1 and +10% items).

The rare boss quests are easy to complete in the new EQ, as well. That, coupled with the event quests and easy bursts, makes for a lot of easy (albeit not very exciting) EXP.

Problem is, the EQ doesn't seem to pop up much. Maybe 10-12 times so far? I hate that SEGA forgot the whole point of announcing a region for an EQ, and so everyone gets excited when multi-areas are announced, just to find it's the stupid Vol and Chrome EQs, again and again.

Edit: Updated the opening post with lots of information.

Alenoir
May 19, 2013, 12:13 AM
Damn thing is cheap as chips now. Just hit 150k on my ship (10).

150k for an Umbra Stick with both Temptation and Lucky Rise? Damn let me move over there to buy one.

TaigaUC
May 19, 2013, 02:53 AM
I wonder how many people seriously move back and forth between ships just to purchase items at a cheaper price.

Edit: Vol and Chrome again. That's the third or fourth time today.

Inazuma
May 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
If you do this EQ for Area 1 or Area 3, please put a password on your party and set it up so you don't get matched with others. Some people do this for Area 2 MPA and we don't like when people hog member slots.

UnLucky
May 20, 2013, 02:58 AM
It would take me around 5-8 AQs to get 1million exp normally. If you're that concerned about finding an umbla rod just buy it (unless your name really means what it says and you haven't found a single legitimate 10star, ever) Damn thing is cheap as chips now. Just hit 150k on my ship (10).
Yeah, it's just unfortunate that I'm not paying Sega 1500円 a month in order to buy 10*. I do have some to sell/trade, though, but not to buy.

If you do this EQ for Area 1 or Area 3, please put a password on your party and set it up so you don't get matched with others. Some people do this for Area 2 MPA and we don't like when people hog member slots.
But what if the MPA already found Umbra in Area 2? I'd certainly check around if I heard him. Putting a password hurts my chances.

TaigaUC
May 20, 2013, 04:35 AM
But what if the MPA already found Umbra in Area 2? I'd certainly check around if I heard him. Putting a password hurts my chances.

I think hearing him in 1 doesn't mean he will spawn in 2, and vice versa. I may be wrong, though.

If I'm wrong, it'd explain all the times I've heard bosses roaring and then they never show up.

Zenobia
May 20, 2013, 05:37 AM
I found this odd guy in a (miserably done) solo run of some emergency quest last night involving Floating Continent at level 11. No idea how to make him hit you other than moving to where he stops spinning and hoping he smacks you with it. I hit him a few times out of frustration and he flew off then. That blow isn't a one-hit kill - it just does a lot of damage, since I survived it at level 15.

I also didn't kill the chrome dragon in time, but I made it to him with only 4 minutes to spare and no good gear since my highest level is the 15 hunter I took in by myself.

If he didn't kill you in one Hit i'll ask this what Diff, did you have a subclass and what class are you.

Calsetes
May 20, 2013, 06:51 AM
If he didn't kill you in one Hit i'll ask this what Diff, did you have a subclass and what class are you.

I was maybe level 18 or so Hunter, with no subclass. He did a ton of damage to me, but not enough to kill me.

Zenobia
May 20, 2013, 06:54 AM
I was maybe level 18 or so Hunter, with no subclass. He did a ton of damage to me, but not enough to kill me.

Makes sense Normal diff Hunter based s def bound yeah.

He can 1 hit RA's and FO's though at that lvl I've seen it.

Coatl
May 20, 2013, 10:07 AM
better make a tank build so umbra doesnt one-shot me.

TaigaUC
May 20, 2013, 08:08 PM
This has to be the rarest event EQ ever.

Keiko_Seisha
May 20, 2013, 08:17 PM
It's such a tease not being able to know which planet is getting a multi EQ event. You prep up, get ready, the hour comes and it's dragonlands.

EvilMag
May 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
This has to be the rarest event EQ ever.

Funny enough, this one isn't gonna last as long as other seasonal EQs and it also doesn't even have its own fucking campaign. >_>

What the fuck are you doing Sega?

ShadowDragon28
May 20, 2013, 09:12 PM
I LOVE "Wind & Rain" EM. I do wish it was a part of a "Famistu Cup" Or "Dengeki Cup" type event. Which we still havent had yet, sadly.

MetalDude
May 20, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'm astounded how little I've seen it. Almost a week and I've been on for maybe four different appearances. Amduscia EQs can piss off.

JNMeiun
May 20, 2013, 11:15 PM
did nearly every single instance of this eq that came up in the last week and saw him only once. that one time someone hit him and he was gone.
not a single pw teleporter despite doing it two or more times every time its up.

game why?

EvilMag
May 21, 2013, 01:46 AM
What do the JP think about this EQ being so damn rare?

TaigaUC
May 21, 2013, 06:28 AM
From a quick look at the comments over at the JP wiki (too lazy to check 2ch), several people are complaining that the EQ has only appeared once or twice on their server, throughout the entire week. One person said that they've had lots of City and Amduscia EQs. Same problem everywhere, it seems. I don't think anybody is happy about it (sans SEGA).

I was actually thinking of saying that this "Wind and Rain" event EQ is even rarer than the scheduled "White Day" voted EQ, but I refrained because that isn't quite true for ship 2 (though it's close). At least I can say it's true for other ships, which is damn sad.

Funny enough, this one isn't gonna last as long as other seasonal EQs and it also doesn't even have its own fucking campaign. >_>

What the fuck are you doing Sega?

All according to keikaku.

Omega-z
May 21, 2013, 05:18 PM
I think The event is partially broken since Mr. Umbra, his campaign and his seasonal Lobby is at a different time of the year. Before Halloween, Which pushed it back too. Then you have it's Event mission, Rappies, MAG and Xie's CO's in May ????. I think Sega need's to fix this. I would vote on having all this after Halloween in Nov.. Then Mr. Umbra would be the PS Catfish of Thank's Giving, Since he does Code: Present.

Yeah I agree, they need to stop giving out EQ as random and put it on a time period for each planet/City/Falz. Then during Event period's having the Event mission come up every other time period.

Tell Sega to throw us a comp of one Fish-Stick for the hassle Maybec........

TaigaUC
May 22, 2013, 08:03 AM
Oh yeah, baby! Another Vol and Chrome!

*throws a party*

It's morbidly amusing to keep seeing everyone standing at the quest counter in silent disappointment, and then logging off in disgust. We're all sharing the same pain. Misery loves company, and all that.

jooozek
May 22, 2013, 08:46 AM
>eq announce
>party gather
>floating continent
>解散

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 08:59 AM
Would be nice if it announced the areas for "multi-EQs" instead of just saying the Arks are responding to enemy threats in multiple areas.

EvilMag
May 22, 2013, 11:46 AM
Vardha...

Holy fuck Sega.

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 11:56 AM
Vardha = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

not complaining

Link1275
May 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
What's the best way to find Umbra in this EQ on Normal and Hard? Just need to do his E-Code to clear that CO from Xie for the 9* gunslash.

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 01:41 PM
You can't.

jooozek
May 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
eh? you can met umbra on all difficulties
dont know about specifically this EM
but yesterday i had umbra in volcano guerilla on normal
if you dont believe, check forest free field on normal and its enemy list

jerrykun
May 22, 2013, 02:06 PM
B20 party member = dead Mr. Umbra

*True Story*

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 02:35 PM
eh? you can met umbra on all difficulties
dont know about specifically this EM
but yesterday i had umbra in volcano guerilla on normal
if you dont believe, check forest free field on normal and its enemy list
Interesting. I remember when Umbra was first released, they made sure to note that he appeared on Very Hard only. I mean, he didn't appear in the Enemy Records either.

Must be something recent that wasn't announced.

Link1275
May 22, 2013, 03:25 PM
Interesting. I remember when Umbra was first released, they made sure to note that he appeared on Very Hard only. I mean, he didn't appear in the Enemy Records either.

It's probably so that people in normal can clear all of Xie's COs. Speaking of which, I don't think anyone actually answered my question...

"What's the best way to find Umbra in this EQ on Normal and Hard? Just need to do his E-Code to clear that CO from Xie for the 9* gunslash."

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2013, 03:33 PM
B20 party member = dead Mr. Umbra

*True Story*

casual JP MPA = just as bad

Only need one bored troll to fuck up umbra..

So even if it's it's more than just you and 3 other friends... which would increase your chances of success... real life RNG can also give you a douchey troll-kun

I fucking hate umbra so much.

I've only succeeded his code 3 times... out of the 10 times I've seen him. playing since day 1.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
Vardha's okay, especially with the campaign. I just don't like that I've beaten Vardha a billion times and never gotten any of the decent rares I've aimed for, even with +70-80% luck. At least I finally got Glory Rain rank 14 after trying for months. Jesus.

Yeah, I also remember Umbra being "very hard only". I think they changed it for this "event".

I've had a JP person repeatedly shoot Umbra before, so it's not just B20 people. I've also screwed up once by attacking a fish nearby, which angered him. I've succeeded his code maybe ~25 times now, failed it maybe 5-6 times. Got the staff once on maybe the 12th attempt or so (with +80% rare up). Still don't like it, as it's easy for anyone to screw everyone else over for fun.

By the way, City EQ yay! *logs off*

Edit: Now it's Vol 'n' Chrome again! *logs off*

UnLucky
May 22, 2013, 10:03 PM
Amduscia again, I knew it.

EvilMag
May 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
What a fucking joke.

For fuck sakes Sega...

MetalDude
May 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
This is getting old. Falz has appeared considerably more since the event EQ.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
JP people on the PSO2 wiki aren't pleased, either.
According to the comments there, the event likes to occur in the dead of night for Japan, and only showed up once on the first day for server 7. Everyone's experiencing a flood of Amduscia, Vardha, Falz, City, etc.

Some people are speculating that SEGA nerfed the occurence rate because people were getting too much exp and too many rare drops. I actually considered that myself. Wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

EvilMag
May 22, 2013, 10:25 PM
I hope those guys are complaining on Sakai's blog or the PSO2 site.

Xaeris
May 22, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hope is a lie.

TaigaUC
May 23, 2013, 12:49 AM
Deserrrrrrt.

Xaeris
May 23, 2013, 12:51 AM
This is funny, in a twisted kind of way.

UnLucky
May 23, 2013, 04:00 AM
Bahahahahaha

EvilMag
May 23, 2013, 04:00 AM
Multiple EQ announcement...Amd again...

jooozek
May 23, 2013, 04:09 AM
got 630d 7 mins ago and all the ships are down for me, wut

Project Astral
May 23, 2013, 04:23 AM
got 630d 7 mins ago and all the ships are down for me, wut
I got 630'd around the same time but when I reentered my info it showed all the ships with a "Status: Unknown", clicked it anyways, and got in just fine. So if you are getting the same status try it anyways? Otherwise I have no idea.

Seriously though I hate that dumb new message crushes my spirit almost every time. ;~;

jooozek
May 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
might have been the case, didnt try

Coatl
May 23, 2013, 08:03 AM
If there was a CO for chrome dragon kills this wouldn't be so bad. But Sega never thinks about these things.

Kierto
May 23, 2013, 08:50 AM
If there was a CO for chrome dragon kills this wouldn't be so bad. But Sega never thinks about these things.

Along with COs for Dahgash Nero, Haze Draal, Dicahda, Predis & Predis Nero, Noir Draal, any sort of AQ specific thing (or updates to Lottie) and something Sanctum other than the lazy as shit Hans all-in-one daily..

And still no Wind and Rain. Need more JP QQ.

On the plus side ship07 finally had it after a week..

Ce'Nedra
May 23, 2013, 08:55 AM
And still no Wind and Rain. Need more JP QQ.

On the plus side ship07 finally had it after a week..

Reminds me of the QQ when Fang Banshe/Banther for ship 2 didn't spawn for a few days on release. Good times, but yeah the EM is rare, but I love it...so much fun.

TaigaUC
May 23, 2013, 09:14 AM
Reminds me of the QQ when Fang Banshe/Banther for ship 2 didn't spawn for a few days on release.

Yeah, I thought of that initially too, but this new one seems exceedingly rare on every server, and I don't think it's permanent like the Fang Banther one.

The worst thing about this is the announcement trolling. It boggles my mind that they completely forgot why they changed EQ announcements to declare area.

Ce'Nedra
May 23, 2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I thought of that initially too, but this new one seems exceedingly rare on every server, and I don't think it's permanent like the Fang Banther one.

The worst thing about this is the announcement trolling. It boggles my mind that they completely forgot why they changed EQ announcements to declare area.

Yeah back then only Ship 2 suffered it and PSOW was like "OMG ANTI BAKA-GAJIN CONSPIRACY ONLY HITS SHIP 2!!!!!!111111eleven" fun times :)

I don't get it why they removed the area part though...its annoying...

Kierto
May 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
I don't get it why they removed the area part though...its annoying...

Pachinko mechanics.

Getting to PSE 7 and then 'suprisingly' the PSE stops happening even though you burned down hordes of monsters in a frantic rush is another one.

Notice how even with these epic 'attack in multiple area' troll messages, more people are running Caves now than when you knew 15 minutes in advance Amduscia was coming and could just wind down or plan another quest before the hour hit? Now people stop everything at x:45 and prepare for that 'winning moment' on the hour (Wind and Rain EQ) but the difference is that despite some of us just logging off in frustration half of them will just say 'FUCKSHITARGH! ...well OK I'll do Caves anyway..' and grumble and play whatever shit it is Sega feed them at that hour.

Ce'Nedra
May 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
Pachinko mechanics.

Getting to PSE 7 and then 'suprisingly' the PSE stops happening even though you burned down hordes of monsters in a frantic rush is another one.

Notice how even with these epic 'attack in multiple area' troll messages, more people are running Caves now than when you knew 15 minutes in advance Amduscia was coming and could just wind down or plan another quest before the hour hit? Now people stop everything at x:45 and prepare for that 'winning moment' on the hour (Wind and Rain EQ) but the difference is that despite some of us just logging off in frustration half of them will just say 'FUCKSHITARGH! ...well OK I'll do Caves anyway..' and grumble and play whatever shit it is Sega feed them at that hour.

That is rather accurate tbh lol. And yeah PSE does still like that too, or with 10 seconds to go on the timer it suddenly goes ONE MOAR, eating these oh so valuble 10 seconds >:

Calsetes
May 23, 2013, 09:49 AM
I've had a rare rappy spawn in a multi-party area quest, my party failed to meet the point quota, and I got booted to the ship just as the rappy died, leaving me unable to grab the item he drops for that one quest where you need 3 items from them for 25k meseta.

Coatl
May 23, 2013, 12:14 PM
Along with COs for Dahgash Nero, Haze Draal, Dicahda, Predis & Predis Nero, Noir Draal, any sort of AQ specific thing (or updates to Lottie) and something Sanctum other than the lazy as shit Hans all-in-one daily..

I sort of like the hans sanctum CO because it has a 100% chance of completing everytime you run sanctum TA. Free exp and stuffs. But yeah they need to seriously update Girald's CO list because he's been chilling back there with the same COs since before sanctum was even released.

UnLucky
May 23, 2013, 01:26 PM

People... do... Caves? Goddamnit why

EvilMag
May 23, 2013, 01:44 PM
Before the AQs, it was the only reasonable way to get Nishiki.

EDIT: Multiple EQ announcement now, can't wait for caves!

TaigaUC
May 23, 2013, 02:01 PM
It finally popped in ship 2.

UnLucky
May 23, 2013, 02:49 PM
No Umbras here

TaigaUC
May 23, 2013, 03:15 PM
None here either. So far I've only seen Umbra twice in area 1. I can't believe I still haven't seen a parallel teleporter yet. Probably cleared the quest at least 30 times already.

Confirmed that clones can spawn in area 1 though.

EvilMag
May 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
I get the feeling they nerfed the chance for the parallel world showing up.

MetalDude
May 23, 2013, 03:49 PM
Multiple Zeshes and all of one Rogbelt.

I mean, I guess hitting 55 is ok.

TaigaUC
May 23, 2013, 04:02 PM
Vol 'n' Chrome again. That EQ must have like an 80% chance now.

jerrykun
May 23, 2013, 05:48 PM
casual JP MPA = just as bad

Only need one bored troll to fuck up umbra..

So even if it's it's more than just you and 3 other friends... which would increase your chances of success... real life RNG can also give you a douchey troll-kun

I fucking hate umbra so much.

I've only succeeded his code 3 times... out of the 10 times I've seen him. playing since day 1.

At least JP players don't weak bullet Mr. Umbra, unlike the B20 I saw.

Xaeris
May 23, 2013, 09:00 PM
>Wind and Rain pops.
>Crystal Code activates with ~15 minutes left in the mission.
>Room refuses to gather up at the exit.

FML. This is the sort of thing that makes me briefly regret my decision to play PSO2 without a team.

Inazuma
May 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
>Wind and Rain pops.
>Crystal Code activates with ~15 minutes left in the mission.
>Room refuses to gather up at the exit.

FML. This is the sort of thing that makes me briefly regret my decision to play PSO2 without a team.

Many gaijin players don't know or don't care about exit bursts so you could run into problems like this. It's happened to me too.

Z-0
May 24, 2013, 03:16 PM
Well, one of the entrances works as well. I tend to just type (出口or co-ord)にバーストおk? of the nearest exit or entrance, and it usually works. I just keep spamming if some people don't move.

Coatl
May 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
Had an exit cross burst earlier in the EQ. Easily 500k+ experience with a 75% exp ticket. Now to make people stop avoiding exit bursts like the plague. :I

TaigaUC
May 25, 2013, 12:34 AM
I wish Umbra and the EQ would stop avoiding us like we're the plague.

Edit: Okay, so far I've done the EQ 50 to 60 times, completed area 3 around 30-35 times and have never seen the parallel teleporter. Seen Umbra in area 1 about 4 times, and once in area 2. Since the event started, I haven't heard him call out "de aaaaru" prior to his appearance.

Edit2: Heard him call out "de aaaaru" once in area 2, searched all of area 1 and 2 and then cleared the quest and he never appeared.

jooozek
May 27, 2013, 06:01 AM
I got 630'd around the same time but when I reentered my info it showed all the ships with a "Status: Unknown", clicked it anyways, and got in just fine. So if you are getting the same status try it anyways? Otherwise I have no idea.

so it happened 5 minutes ago again and no, can't login now, getting 249
edit: just got back in

TaigaUC
May 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
Vol 'n' Chrome at least twice every day. Amdooooscia.

TaigaUC
May 30, 2013, 11:16 PM
Okay, well...

If Umbra spawns on one of those elevated mossy rocks next to the river in area 1, just ignore him. From that position, he seems to whiff anyone standing on the ground, probably because his hitbox is elevated, and it's extremely difficult to cover the side with the river because the rain constantly pushes you downriver. You can't stand on the rock because he takes up the entire thing.

Edit: Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome, Vol 'n' Chrome.