PDA

View Full Version : How to play Techer

Shadowth117
May 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
First off, this is NOT MY RUN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6LmLp2qaM

Right, so this made me realize that Techer actually has a lot of potential to be played well. I think many of us know die hard Techer players who go on about how they like the class etc etc, but this is the first time I've actually seen someone play it in a way I would actually consider good. I mean lets be serious here, Techer/anything not force with Psycho Wand has always been considered a joke by the majority of the player base. I feel like this could change that though. This class combo has potential to triple step with assault buster and deal really good quick damage while recovering pp because of its melees.

Now clearly this person put a lot of work into their gear. Their weapons would be very expensive to make. This person had to have top of the line gear in order to perform at that level. Their armor is so so for 5 slots considering the lack of ability III + mutation on each one. Probably intended more for Fo. But regardless, its incredible to me that they actually pulled that off.

Thoughts on this? I thought it was rather inspiring personally.

Xaeris
May 18, 2013, 04:59 PM
I got a laugh out of the Gonronzan portion. You can pinpoint the exact point where the player goes, "**** it, I'll do the switches later. I'm killing him now."

jooozek
May 18, 2013, 05:23 PM
that looks like a chore

MetalDude
May 18, 2013, 05:36 PM
I mean, it's a good way to set up dealing a lot of Wand damage, but let's not kid ourselves here it's still really sub-optimal.

Zenobia
May 18, 2013, 05:51 PM
Ya know thats pretty baddass and that in a sense is what you would call Battle Mage now that I look at to offset all of that TE/HU would be the way to go HU's passives Furystance and fury combo boost + the JA bonuses.

This is really fascinating now this does has potential indeed.

Yeah def a prime example of Battle Mage...still I wonder how much she spent into all of that goodness...

Welp guess we know if you were to main TE TE/HU is the way to go.

AgemFrostMage
May 18, 2013, 06:43 PM
People say "so weak" but I did my wand training V quest seven levels under which involved S rank and defeating Catadran. Also it disproves the need for EXP penalty since you could level faster if no penalty. I need to recruit the cast techer questgiver so I'm doing the quest.

I don't know about higher levels though since my techer is level 20.

Techer works well as a sub for any class because of the light spell and resta bonuses to improve healing and PP regen.

Zenobia
May 18, 2013, 07:01 PM
People say "so weak" but I did my wand training V quest seven levels under which involved S rank and defeating Catadran. Also it disproves the need for EXP penalty since you could level faster if no penalty. I need to recruit the cast techer questgiver so I'm doing the quest.

Techer works well as a sub for any class because of the light spell and resta bonuses to improve healing and PP regen.

It's not just that this person is a TE/HU ofc she has the pp regen resta bonuses but she also has 2 of the same weapon both grinded to 10 with respected elementa weakness and with HU's passive and active skills on her...I won' lie man she wrecked havoc in that run.

Those affixes are hellish beast dude.

Shadowth117
May 18, 2013, 07:14 PM

Believe me, later on its normally not a very viable class. This person did a lot to make it more effective than it usually would have been. Later on things get more tanky by a lot.

Another fact I didn't mention is the latent on the balidoran wand would have helped his damage a lot. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that its a badass run.

Laxedrane
May 18, 2013, 07:31 PM
This is basicly how I play my techer(Without triple dashing) although she is much better geared. I surprisingly do way more physical damage then she does.(I do 1.2k-1.3k against non elementally weak mobs..) But she wrecks me in tech damage.

Good show!

Alisha
May 18, 2013, 09:04 PM
im gonna have to watch this when i get home from work,but im pretty sure im gonna laugh my ass off and feel vindicated. since ive always been te/fi,te/hu. just look at the techer thread.

Xaeris
May 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't want to take anything away from that player's run, because that was some very impressive gameplay, but before we start hailing TE/HU as the second coming, I just want to point out that this was a situational build put in the situation it was made to flourish in. That was almost certainly a Techer tree built to enhance Dark techniques. Without a Force tree backing it up, that's the only school it'll be good at casting (well, it probably has Element weakness). Take it anywhere besides Continent or Sanctum and it'll be quite lackluster. Of the other two elements that TE offers bonuses to, one is even more situational (Wind vulnerable enemies only exist in Forest) and the second (Light) has more applications because of how ubiquitous Darkers are, but is ineffective against planetary natives. Compare to Fire and Lightning which are effective against a variety of natives as well as darkers.

Shadowth117
May 18, 2013, 09:53 PM
I don't want to take anything away from that player's run, because that was some very impressive gameplay, but before we start hailing TE/HU as the second coming, I just want to point out that this was a situational build put in the situation it was made to flourish in. That was almost certainly a Techer tree built to enhance Dark techniques. Without a Force tree backing it up, that's the only school it'll be good at casting (well, it probably has Element weakness). Take it anywhere besides Continent or Sanctum and it'll be quite lackluster. Of the other two elements that TE offers bonuses to, one is even more situational (Wind vulnerable enemies only exist in Forest) and the second (Light) has more applications because of how ubiquitous Darkers are, but is ineffective against planetary natives. Compare to Fire and Lightning which are effective against a variety of natives as well as darkers.

Oh, I'm very aware of that myself. I believe I noted this to some degree earlier. As well as the Balidoran Wand itself being situational as well. Nonetheless, its not something I ever would have considered under normal circumstances so its cool to see it in my opinion.

Zenobia
May 18, 2013, 10:21 PM
If possible I wanna see how that person's gear fairs against enemies of the same element of his weapon go a bit deeper into this.

ShinMaruku
May 18, 2013, 11:17 PM
My issue with techer as it is now you have to put too much effort to make it operate well while other classes can do what it does with much less set up and with similar set up would probably outperform it.
Still Sega will look at it soon and we can hope they go ham.

Omega-z
May 18, 2013, 11:25 PM
Hmm... That's intriguing. The Person did pretty well with the normal build with the Gear; and with Gear that isn't to super bad to get either. For the most part the Person play's pretty much like any other Techer. Too bad He/She's not getting better damage out of the Wand.

Alisha
May 18, 2013, 11:48 PM
interesting...she plays somewhat similar to me except i rely on zan/razan. i tried a megid build before and didnt like it because the poison rate was low compared to mirage and i wanted to incorporate poison ignition. i always assumed the lynch pin of a megid build would be samegid but samegid has a minimum range to get all 3 hits. i think this warrants enough investigation to use one of my remaining 5 tree resets(i have 2 Te trees but wasted one on experimentation. id also be fascinated to know how she got that much hp. i have 4x hp soul and have 624 hp at Te 51/Hu 51

Zenobia
May 19, 2013, 05:43 AM
interesting...she plays somewhat similar to me except i rely on zan/razan. i tried a megid build before and didnt like it because the poison rate was low compared to mirage and i wanted to incorporate poison ignition. i always assumed the lynch pin of a megid build would be samegid but samegid has a minimum range to get all 3 hits. i think this warrants enough investigation to use one of my remaining 5 tree resets(i have 2 Te trees but wasted one on experimentation. id also be fascinated to know how she got that much hp. i have 4x hp soul and have 624 hp at Te 51/Hu 51

If im guessing this right she put points into the hp boost in the hunter tree she is TE/HU she doesn't need sword gear,partizan gear or wired lance gear. Only skills she would need are JA Bonus 1 and 2, Fury Stance, Fury Stance Up and Fury Combo Boost with that she is left with 15 points to put where ever she pleases.

She then decided to max hp boost 1 which leaves her with 10 points then she decided to track down to HP Boost 2 which RQ's 3 points into Guard Stance and S atk boost last remaining 4 points going into HP Boost 2.

Btw she does have stamina2 and stamina boots on her units 2 so that could be the other factor including you missed that if so what said above does not apply.

UnLucky
May 19, 2013, 08:15 AM
Yeah, that's cool and all, but there are a few things to point out:

No Bolt Tech PP Save. Notice how they spend 49 PP to deal 500ish damage to the spawn? A Fo/Te would already be finished by that point, and only be out 32 PP (25 if they charged the Zonde, ~30 if they used another tech).

That Zonde damage is half as powerful as a Fo/Fi's with only one Bolt Mastery maxed. Clearly this Te/Hu is inefficient when not meleeing a TB Zondeel'd spawn.

Z-0
May 19, 2013, 08:26 AM
The point of that is to build Wand Gear, not do damage. They also instantly restore ALL their PP back when they hit what's in the middle, no Bolt PP Save required.

Also, Fo/Te would not be finished by that point, unless using Dark, because enemies at that level have roughly 9,000 HP (mainly the Sils). Even with a full bolt tree, even if I can kill, I have to wait for the Zondeel to finish most (if not all) of its ticks for it to kill, while the TeHu restores all its PP and takes roughly the same amount of time. You also have to consider that even using Dark, the Dark tech has to be charged, TeHu doesn't need to charge at that point, and probably finishes in the same amount of time.

You greatly overestimate FoFi and FoTe, UnLucky, and I recommend you stop it.

Shadowth117
May 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
As someone who has played FoFi and FoTe extensively, I'd just like to point out what I know. With lightning tree FoFi and maxed equipment, you should easily be able to destroy most of the spawns in that with the zonde and the initial zondeel tick. The shiel dinians/sadinians, as Z-0 mentioned, have around 9k hp so they probably need the second tick too. With Fote, you would be waiting a bit longer because you're not as powerful and might even have to directly attack the shiels again since they might have time to escape the zondeel.

So in terms of speed when dealing with large mob spawns, TeHu's can be pretty fast and retain more pp in the end. Assuming of course they have the gear they need to actually be effective anyway and the conditions are right as previously stated. They're *almost* on par with FoTe Dark I'd say in the end in this instance, but even then they're kinda outdone anyway. However a lightning FoFi doing this by themselves would take far more time because of the bosses. I would know.

As has been previously said, TeHu can only even be this good in this particular instance really as it is now anyways.

Shinmarizu
May 19, 2013, 11:48 AM
Holy crap. This is what I've been hoping for with regards to Techer ever since this class came out.

I am aware of the considerable amount of work required for this to be consistent across all situations, but whatever tips I can take and make this work, I will.

Perhaps Sega will make this easier to do in the future; be an efficient battle mage, that is.

Thanks a lot for this. Some experimentation is in order.

MetalDude
May 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
Which is unfortunate as the combination looks quite interesting.

UnLucky
May 19, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hunter gives Techer:
Regular attacks: 219% (151% no JA)
Wand Gear: 151%
Technics: 120% (100% no JA)

That's not bad, seeing as how Techer doesn't boost its own Wand Gear at all, and neither does Force (except during Photon Flare lmao), though Te/Fi can get 144% (201% SE) or 169% (236% SE) for wand melee/Gear without JA.

And if we're talking straight damage boosts, Hunter would give Force just as much to its elements as a Techer sub without having to target weaknesses. When will we see some Gunslash main Forces? Faster Zondeel than from a wand, and Additional Bullet is much stronger than wand swings.

Alisha
May 19, 2013, 04:26 PM
after watching this video i used i reset and did some testing of my own.(i have 2 techer trees) first of all she somehow has obscene t atk and average s-atk considering alot of the time shes not even ja'ing it seems. id guess her stats are the inverse of mine so probally around 1700 tatk and 1500 satk. interestingly enough she doesnt know a basic truth of wand gear and that is that its not elemental. loving zondeel + ramegid though.

UnLucky
May 19, 2013, 04:37 PM
It is elemental, though, it just doesn't get boosted by Element Weak Hit

Zenobia
May 19, 2013, 05:59 PM
It is elemental, though, it just doesn't get boosted by Element Weak Hit

^What Unlucky said Alisha careful paying attention you would have seen that dunno how you missed that being a main TE/FO I am sadden.

Alisha
May 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
im not a main Te/Fo lol. i believe wand gear does not benefit from type matching. ive been Te/Hu sincevthe fury buff and before then i was Te/Fi.

otaku998
May 20, 2013, 06:28 AM
Since we are at it, mind me asking what units will be good for Te/Hu? For this wand-gear build i mean. Also affixing still focus on T-attack right

Zenobia
May 20, 2013, 06:49 AM
Since we are at it, mind me asking what units will be good for Te/Hu? For this wand-gear build i mean. Also affixing still focus on T-attack right

The build this person uses is a hybrid with an evenly balanced build of T atk and S atk cause use both wand gear and techs in tandem with each other her tech atk was indeed higher than her s atk though so yeah.

If you are gonna go this route imma say this now it's gonna hella cost effective and a take quite the toll on your wallet.

otaku998
May 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
Yea i can tell, i am just kinda curious for now. I just finished maxing my main classes so checking out other classes. Techer wand-gear build caught my interest, mostly because it does involve melee at some point.

Beside that, the vid is impressive. I have always kinda liked the specialized stuff in building your char. Like sure, my char might be not perfect in every area but in certain one it will be umatched.

UnLucky
May 20, 2013, 07:55 AM
Wand Gear damage is based on T-Atk, but is modified by Striking based skills (though cannot gain anything JA related). The regular melee swing is obviously S-Atk and Striking.

Go mainly T-Atk for technics and Wand Gear, though Ability III + Mutation I gives you both.

I still don't recommend going heavy S-Atk since it only modifies your regular attack. Without PAs, your damage is very minimal.

Alisha
May 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
when i make a new mag i was thinking of going 100 s-atk/75-t-atk then max one of the t-atk up skills