PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 AQ Solo?

mandraxx
May 18, 2013, 06:20 PM
So, I set up myshop on PSO2 and it's been a nice, small success, raking in millions of meseta for items I usually am overstocked on (grinders and risk reduction), items I don't use (again risk reduction and room decor) and also old weapons that are grinded all the way to 10 for a nice little profit here and there.

Anyway my point - I have 20 capsules Advance A, and 4 advance C (from campaign missions), plus I have extra meseta for more quests. I can afford the quest, however, I want to know - is it worth it solo?

I have a small team, but the members are low level (~30) so that won't work. The one dude who is somewhat high level (42), is on vacation. I'm level 46, going onto 47. Can a level 47 solo beat advance quest? Will I die many times? If I die, can I just jump back in, like in other missions? Do bosses appear mid-quest? If so, are they the rare kind?

Anyone who has played the advance quests, particularly forest (which is the one I want to play), let me know if solo'ing is possible at lvl. 46, with nice armor and decent weaponry. I've been thinking about purchasing a rare weapon so I can do more damage. I've got the money, right? Better than spending it on a costume.

Thanks in advance,

mandraxx ~~~~~~ Sandrax ID TAG: sandraxx79 HunewearL 46/FO 18

Sp-24
May 18, 2013, 07:27 PM
I miss the time when users making dumb posts at least had an excuse of being spambots. And this isn't directed to OP, no matter what it looks like.

Anyway, I found AQs to be pretty hard to solo, and even harder to maintain a positive capsule balance at lower risks. You can beat it, but being a Techter, you'll always be at risk of getting combo'd to death by minor enemies that swarm you. Now I don't know if death means failure in AQ (probably not until you're at boss), but it will slow you down for sure.

So yeah, if you beeline for the boss and are lucky, you can beat an AQ with no problems. But to beat it correctly (farm lots of exp. and, possibly, get some rares and capsules), you'll need a party even if you're a lv.60/60 Ra/Hu. Try to find a party by asking around (in the Player Matchup (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) subforum or in the dreaded block 20), and by helping your teammates get to level 45.

Sealco555
May 19, 2013, 01:22 AM
I've been soloing AQs ever since I was 50/50 FI/HU. If you are decently skilled at the game, it really isn't very hard. The only problem is that you do not always break even on capsules, as soloing results in less mobs during PSE bursts, and there are no extra adds during boss fights. Dying only fails the quest if you die on the boss. At your level though, the one hour time limit might be a problem, especially in larger maps like Mines.

.Jack
May 19, 2013, 02:31 AM
I can afford the quest, however, I want to know - is it worth it solo?

If you just want to make up the 10 caps for the next a>b>c run, yes. You can cover the entire mission and come up with the 10 or more pretty easily minus the boss room. It's better to run them in a 4 person party that stays close together if you want more drops/caps.