PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Graphical Glitch from Roommate

LoinclothedJesus
May 20, 2013, 01:35 AM
My roommate has this odd graphical glitch whenever he plays PSO2 and I was wondering if you guys could recommend any fixes. His card is a Radeon HD 7700 and here is a picture of the glitch. If you desire more information or possible fixes, please let us know.

EDIT: I was just informed he has updated his drivers and it just appeared tonight when a friend was over. The drivers have not fixed the issue.

untrustful
May 20, 2013, 01:37 AM
Reminds me of those nes glitches when the cartridge isn't aligned right or something.

...and if you remember this as well, you're too old. Go to an old folks home already you senior citizen.

Mekhana
May 20, 2013, 01:38 AM
Sorry to break it to you man but its time to go out and start looking for a new GPU

Sp-24
May 20, 2013, 01:39 AM
Might be a problem with drivers. I remember having similar problems with an incorrectly working DX10, and surely, it was most noticeable with hair.

LoinclothedJesus
May 20, 2013, 01:42 AM
I will inform him of the possibility of Direct X 10 not properly working. It's only occurring in this game and this game alone for him, and he just tested his other games to make sure. We'll start with Direct X and go from there. I will update if we see improvement or not.

Sp-24
May 20, 2013, 01:43 AM
Does this game even use DirectX 10, though? Check the normal drivers for you graphics card, too, just in case. Okay, never mind.

LoinclothedJesus
May 20, 2013, 01:59 AM
He actually uses DirectX11. Where can I get the download safely? He thinks the Tom's Guide site is untrustworthy as he's never heard of it. Anyone care to alleviate or confirm his fears?

EDIT: Nevermind. It just redirects. What would you recommend for fixing AMD Radeon drivers?

Aeris
May 20, 2013, 05:13 AM
Game only uses DX9, it doesn't even use DX10 or DX11 or this game wouldn't be supported on older gpus and Win XP, if you need DX files, should go download DX9 runtime on microsoft's website.

TaigaUC
May 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
My old PC corrupted a lot, and I thought it was because of ram issues or the old OS, but it turns out the old hard disk is chock full of reading errors. The games I have on that drive take forever to load, and often graphically glitch. Although, my old card is probably also damaged, because it keeps going up to 80-90 degrees with minimal load.

Going by the nature of the "artifacting" in that screenshot (ie. it doesn't look like entire textures are corrupt, but there's a strange stripe across the screen), it looks like his video card is playing up. I'd recommend doing a scandisk anyway, just to make sure the drive isn't part of the problem.