PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long break...

Not Crazed
May 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
I've come back after a long break (around 5 months) and have noticed that hunter and fighter have gotten alot better, where as force and techer have stayed as boring as they were before. I think i need to restart as a hunter because im bored of force types, but im concerned about leveling, is it still ridiculously slow?

Thanks,
Crazed

Zorafim
May 20, 2013, 02:40 PM
They changed the level requirements for missions so that all missions of a specific difficulty have the same level requirements. So at lv1, you can do lv30 missions. More importantly, you can do lv15 missions, which I think is the highest you can go before exp starts getting cut.
If you level a new character, you'd need to unlock all the COs again. I think leveling becomes 50% faster if you have all the COs for an area, so there's that.

Not Crazed
May 20, 2013, 02:41 PM
So should i just level hu/fi and ra/gu on my newman, even though she has a tech based MAG?

Zorafim
May 20, 2013, 02:43 PM
Honestly, my suggestion would be to buy a melee and ranged mag. Without the extra levels, you'll be hurting for stats to equip things.
But, it won't be too bad. I say, sure. Go for it. Just, see if you can buy those mags.

Not Crazed
May 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
Im in the UK, so is there anyway i could buy the AC?

Mekhana
May 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah there are ways.

Check out the AC buying guide from Bumped.

Ezodagrom
May 20, 2013, 02:53 PM
They changed the level requirements for missions so that all missions of a specific difficulty have the same level requirements. So at lv1, you can do lv30 missions. More importantly, you can do lv15 missions, which I think is the highest you can go before exp starts getting cut.
If you level a new character, you'd need to unlock all the COs again. I think leveling becomes 50% faster if you have all the COs for an area, so there's that.
The exp penalty starts at 5 levels above the player, for example, for a lvl 1 player, the exp penalty is active with lvl 6+ enemies.

Zorafim
May 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
Oh. I thought I heard something about 15 levels. Is that something else?

EvilMag
May 20, 2013, 02:57 PM

They never really did anything to that. It still sucks as much dick as it had before.

blace
May 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
There was mention that anything up to 15 above you would give you only 75% of the EXP gained, but that was never implemented. It's still the same 4 level gap penalty for EXP.

Not Crazed
May 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
I might just stick to fo/te then lol Any tips for playing it? Or for its skill trees?

Zorafim
May 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
There's a build thread. Basically, I suggest going down the fire tree with force, and getting the PP skills on techer. With that, force becomes twice as fast, and has just as much PP overall.