PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about accounts

Meta77
May 21, 2013, 12:36 AM
Can I have more than one on one computer. For my main character im using i have forgotten my security password and thus i cannot change my address to the new one i signed up for on tenso. And by this i cannot get ac since you have to use correct address and still answer a security question i think.
So i was wondering can i make a new sega id and pso2 account. And after this can i play both characters but only one at a time? or no. and if no is there anyway i can fix this issue.

Shadowth117
May 21, 2013, 12:53 AM
You can play any amount of characters off of the same computer. There are no restrictions on that unless you play Vita. If you do pick up the Vita version, know that the PSN account will be tied to that account thereafter.

Meta77
May 21, 2013, 12:55 AM
ok so i can do that. as i had another friend say gameguard wont let me. but i just want a separate account to get premium

Maronji
May 21, 2013, 01:12 AM
ok so i can do that. as i had another friend say gameguard wont let me.
If GameGuard did anything (this is handled by the client itself already, though), it would simply keep you from running more than one instance of the game on the same computer at any given time, aka multi-clienting prevention.

Meta77
May 21, 2013, 01:13 AM
Thanks im going to make a new account than :D

TaigaUC
May 21, 2013, 08:31 AM
If GameGuard did anything

Haha. It prevents us from running legitimate applications, like Media Player Classic (crashes) and Autodesk Maya (doesn't load properly if you don't boot it before PSO2).

jooozek
May 21, 2013, 08:44 AM
Haha. It prevents us from running legitimate applications, like Media Player Classic (crashes) and Autodesk Maya (doesn't load properly if you don't boot it before PSO2).

MPC works fine here, using mpc-hc 1.6.6.6659 (e1afed3) (http://i.imgur.com/0w38BvB.jpg), EVR as the renderer, madVR also works
also, good measure is to set UAC to 2nd option from the bottom, that way you won't crash when you get the admin prompt (it disables graying out the screen which crashes the game)

TheAstarion
May 21, 2013, 09:54 AM
Having multiple accounts violates the ToS; the cynical opinion is so that they can ban people for having 2 characters without paying the 500AC, the real reason is so they can ban people who have been banned for legitimate reasons before, without evidence beyond "this is the same person".

It's the same reason non-JP residents are not allowed, according to the ToS. It's not something they actively enforce, just something they can point to when they want to get rid of someone who hasn't technically done anything wrong yet (RMTers who haven't ever traded on that account yet, known cheaters who haven't technically been caught with evidence, and so on).

lexstarshok
May 21, 2013, 11:25 AM

LOL I have a Java update iv been too lazy to do anything about. But if I turn on my PC and run PSO2 BEFORE the update reminder shows up, GG crashes PSO2.

Soooo many times now I log on without waiting for it and 5 min later it shows up to slap the reminder into my brain.

Inazuma
May 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
Having multiple accounts violates the ToS; the cynical opinion is so that they can ban people for having 2 characters without paying the 500AC, the real reason is so they can ban people who have been banned for legitimate reasons before, without evidence beyond "this is the same person".

It's not against the TOS to have multiple accounts.

Z-0
May 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
Rather, the ToS itself says it is allowed:

同一のお客様が、複数の本件IDを使用して、本ゲームサーバーに接続することが可能な状態であ り

blace
May 21, 2013, 03:02 PM
Hence the 1 million account milestone.

Inazuma
May 21, 2013, 09:16 PM
Rather, the ToS itself says it is allowed:

Thanks for posting this.